PDA

View Full Version : I have some questions for you all...

John Smith
06-06-2013, 11:08 PM
I found out about this game last week and think I'd like to give it a try. I will be playing this on the 360.
Ive lurked for acouple days now just reading posts here and there and havent seen answers to my questions.

1.) I most likely will just go to bestbuy to grab it up new, but if I did come across a used copy for cheap would I have to pay extra to access the online content?

2.) How is the voice chat implemented? Is it where if your 100yards in game of each other you can talk to each other on the mic from just being in range of each other? or how does having a mic work in this game? And is this feature widely used/simple to use?

3.) Ive seen people say upon inserting the disc the first time into your 360 that it could be from anywhere from 30mins to 12hrs download to start the game up? I have 55mbps download. Not sure on upload.

4.) Would buying the chatpad that hooks up to your controller be usefull or actually needed?

5.) Being this game is 360/ps3/PC capable, Do they all play on same servers? Do they have 360 players and pc/ps3 players running around doing co-ops with each other?

Umm, thats about it I believe. I thank you in advance for your answers!

abakai
06-06-2013, 11:42 PM
I can try and answer some of these.

1.) you have to have an xbox live gold account so on the xbox yes you do have to pay extra.

2.) if you have area voice chat switched on then the people in the same area can talk to each other if in range "area chat is switched off by default I believe".

3.) you will need to quite a large download before you start to play but download times will vary on an individual basis.

4.) I have a chatpad and I find it very useful, otherwise you have to use the default xbox text input screen eveytime you want to type something.

5.)No the servers are separate, xbox players will only be able to play with xbox players. Also the xbox is region locked.

Gratty
06-06-2013, 11:48 PM
YOU MUST BLEED LIKE ME!

d

abakai
06-06-2013, 11:50 PM
YOU MUST BLEED LIKE ME!

d
I assume you MO for the day is to randomly insert afflicted quotes into as many threads as possible.
on a related not have you seen my wife?

topcatfish
06-07-2013, 01:22 AM
buy the game,enjoy it for what it is and take no notice of the Defiance police out there telling you how to play your game.
there are some bugs,gliches but there are the same in almost every game now.
its an enjoyable way to spend 18 hrs on a friday to saturday he he or more because the wife is away:D

Agent Jack
06-07-2013, 01:54 AM
I found out about this game last week and think I'd like to give it a try. I will be playing this on the 360.
Ive lurked for acouple days now just reading posts here and there and havent seen answers to my questions.

1.) I most likely will just go to bestbuy to grab it up new, but if I did come across a used copy for cheap would I have to pay extra to access the online content?

2.) How is the voice chat implemented? Is it where if your 100yards in game of each other you can talk to each other on the mic from just being in range of each other? or how does having a mic work in this game? And is this feature widely used/simple to use?

3.) Ive seen people say upon inserting the disc the first time into your 360 that it could be from anywhere from 30mins to 12hrs download to start the game up? I have 55mbps download. Not sure on upload.

4.) Would buying the chatpad that hooks up to your controller be usefull or actually needed?

5.) Being this game is 360/ps3/PC capable, Do they all play on same servers? Do they have 360 players and pc/ps3 players running around doing co-ops with each other?

1) There is the 'paid for DLC' that you will need to buy if you want it, but other than that as abakai says you just need a gold account for xbox.

2) Not the best to answer this, the small group I play with usually join an xbox party chat.

3) I run off a 50mbps connection and it took me around an hour if I remember right, but there have been additional patches since first install, around half of the time it takes is installation as well so dont get your hopes up when its nearly downloaded, there's still a chunk of time left!

4) I would definitely get the chatpad, this is the first game I've had a real reason to use it and it does come in handy. My advice would be to look for a combo deal of headset and chatpad, its usually (over here in the UK) no that much more expensive that the chatpad alone and you get a spare headset should anything happen to your existing one.

5) As abakai said, its locked down to Xbox players in your region only.

Its a decent game, made better if you have a couple of mates you game with on at the same time. It has its problems but its enjoyable in my opinion :)

on a related note... Im sweating but its so cold!

PoLeo
06-07-2013, 02:39 AM
1. Not 100% sure, but I think you dont have to purchase an online pass or anything like that. Excluding the Live Gold fee.

2. Again, not too sure. Usually I just stick to parties and just use Area Text Chat.

3. It may take awhile.

4. Its not needed, but recommended. I actually prefer to just use a USB Wired Keyboard.

5. Nope.

Gratty
06-07-2013, 10:29 AM
I assume you MO for the day is to randomly insert afflicted quotes into as many threads as possible.
on a related not have you seen my wife?

She doesn't seem to be here

Qmarkball
06-07-2013, 10:42 AM

1) buy used, its cheaper and has no cons. That gives you extra money to buy DLC. My buddy just got the game for 30$, used the rest of his money for the DLC.

2) Not many people talk, but some do. I usually play with friends

3)You should be done within a few hours.

4) Yes it would be.

5) No we do not.

docta_zoidberg
06-07-2013, 10:46 AM
You will need about 8gigs of hard drive space to install the game and the patches and stuff, all this takes about 45-60 minutes the first time you play the game.

stormbringer328
06-07-2013, 12:33 PM
You don't need a chat pad. If you have a smatphone with keyboard or equivalent you can dl the xbox smartglass app that let's you do basic controls through phone. In case you wanna test chat before chatpad purchase.

The in game mic is always screwy. Most of time it doesn't work right. When it does you have to be in same area to area chat.

Patch update is up in the air. I have same internet speed. Took 2 to 3 hrs.

Game is fun but very glitchy. Still.

John Smith
06-07-2013, 03:20 PM
Well due to all the seemingly good replies and answers I went ahead and got it for $27.94 on amazon. I should have it by mid next week. I also went to bestbuy.com and ordered the headset and chat pad which was $29.99.

So thanks to everyones response. Hope to see you all in game soon!