PDA

View Full Version : Ego

Trippwyre
01-11-2013, 10:42 PM
I cannot decide which EGO Ability I am looking forward to the most. I think Overdrive and Cloak probaly sound the coolest but Blur and Decoy could very well be interesting as well.

Cloral
01-11-2013, 10:48 PM
Oddly enough this is a public forum, the beta forums aren't working yet or something.

Trippwyre
01-11-2013, 10:49 PM
I just posted comments regarding EGO on youtube as well, do you think that is a problem?

Sam
01-11-2013, 10:49 PM
They don't want you talking about the game before it's release and before private beta forums.

Trippwyre
01-11-2013, 10:51 PM
There is no problem discussing what to expect from EGO, Overdrive, Cloak, Blur and Decoy abilities.

Escyos
01-11-2013, 10:54 PM
Umm the OP has broken no NDA as everything they mentioned has been shown in publicly released videos. And the wording of the post gives me the impression that they have not played anything as they mentioned "looking forward" and "...sound the coolest"

Trippwyre
01-11-2013, 10:54 PM
I can also say that driving around on an ATV on large scale maps for PvP and the Shadows Wars is going to be very very awesome.

Gabrielle
01-11-2013, 11:07 PM
Regarding Ego (http://defiance.com/en/game/technology/ego/?CAS_REDIR=true&ticket=ST-125586-z4aejXxuzGHoAjzh1XMZ-cas)
It's their site, guess there's nothing wrong about the post;)

Dreconic
01-11-2013, 11:20 PM
Also note they have already announced the 4 basic ego sets, and what they do basically, so there is nothing in this thread that is breaking an NDA... Now if he was to post SS of the ego screen, or all the abilities then that would be....

Siphaed
01-12-2013, 12:14 AM
I cannot decide which EGO Ability I am looking forward to the most. I think Overdrive and Cloak probaly sound the coolest but Blur and Decoy could very well be interesting as well.

From the developer's videos showing Decoy, I would say that I have issues with it being a forward direction item. And, from what the developer said in the PvP video, the decoy stops when it hits a solid object or reaches a specific distance. Now say, for example, that you're in cover... you'd have to go out of cover to deploy the decoy and then return to cover: very noticeable in PvP.

Cloak would be best for Sniper situations, or to come behind someone and slap them in the head with the butt of your gun...

MuKi1115
01-16-2013, 01:16 AM
I guess blur will be the most used ability in the end because Defiance looks like a really fast paced shooter and the more skilled people get in these type of games the more important mobility becomes...

Maybe cloak for snipers but I can't see how it can be that useful because your cloak disapears as soon as you fire your weapon...

Classymadman
01-16-2013, 01:26 AM
I am all aboot sniping and going invisible... love the long distant kills and the ability to disappear and evade

MuKi1115
01-16-2013, 01:43 AM
I am all aboot sniping and going invisible... love the long distant kills and the ability to disappear and evade

Aahhh, so that's how snipers would use it... One just sees why I usually play heavy blasting around wildly with rockets and setting up mines...:D

Classymadman
01-16-2013, 02:08 AM
Aahhh, so that's how snipers would use it... One just sees why I usually play heavy blasting around wildly with rockets and setting up mines...:D

this is the reason why I am so excited... someone gets to close to a kill on me I wanna pop the disappearing act and live to kill another day. Sniping and invisibility is the greatest thing since sliced beer flavored tacos... yes i went there :)

MuKi1115
01-16-2013, 02:14 AM
Sniping and invisibility is the greatest thing since sliced beer flavored tacos... yes i went there :)

You have beer flavored tacos in the US? God, why am I living in backwater Europe... Apparently you are way ahead of us :(

Classymadman
01-16-2013, 02:41 AM
You have beer flavored tacos in the US? God, why am I living in backwater Europe... Apparently you are way ahead of us :(

they are deceptively good :)

Voodeux
01-16-2013, 09:32 AM

I think which ability you choose would really depend on if you were going the PVP or PVE route with your toon. For PVE decoy will be an important damage mitigator as the 'critters' will actually fall for it. Overdrive and Blur would fit both routes equally well I believe with Cloak depending on the situation a heavy favorite in PVP. Its going to be a ton of fun testing them all out.

Rapture
01-16-2013, 11:03 AM
In its highest ranks, EGO provides the option to swap locations with the hologram or destroy it in a damaging explosion. Holy jekkin!

Griffin
01-16-2013, 12:44 PM
Love the path they are taking with this, along with the more you use the abilities they essentially level up and the abilities change for the better. Increase the decoy and they move further distances and have the option to detonate the decoy. Increase the cloak and reduce the CD to reactivate, OP can cause instant reloads. The only one that there hasn't been much talking about is blur... does it just blur your image or is it a short speed boost? i can see good things there for PvP unless your running directly at someone, at that point your just making yourself a bigger target faster.

Doc
01-16-2013, 12:49 PM
There is no problem discussing what to expect from EGO, Overdrive, Cloak, Blur and Decoy abilities.

^ This, ego skills and the four classes/perks you can pick are all over the internet, just google it lol he broke no NDA...

Having said that, Im really looking forward to Overdrive.

Manstan
01-16-2013, 01:24 PM
Love the path they are taking with this, along with the more you use the abilities they essentially level up and the abilities change for the better. Increase the decoy and they move further distances and have the option to detonate the decoy. Increase the cloak and reduce the CD to reactivate, OP can cause instant reloads. The only one that there hasn't been much talking about is blur... does Bi can see good things there for PvP unless your running directly at someone, at that point your just making yourself a bigger target faster.

aaah, no.
Short speed boost.

DiRtDoGg
01-16-2013, 01:31 PM
I think for PvE Decoy is going to be awesome and very important to use. In PvP i would say cloak and overdrive will be beasts

Mr666
01-16-2013, 01:42 PM
Overdrive with Assault rifle and rockets

Classymadman
01-16-2013, 04:50 PM
Im also curious about the amount a sniper headshot with overdrive can do?

Zara
01-16-2013, 05:31 PM
Well since I'm TRYING not to go all crazy and search out everything I actually have no idea what Overdrive and Blur do, however from watching a couple of the live streams, I'm fairly certain that Decoy only looks fake to the user (and possibly the user's team), but will look like a normal player to everyone else, thus giving possible PVP evasion tactics such as running in a door, popping the decoy, and then taking cover and shooting someone in the back. Obviously I assume there will be various upgrades to all of the abilities making them all useful for many situations, but we shall have to wait and see.

Paladin
01-16-2013, 06:21 PM
Well since I'm TRYING not to go all crazy and search out everything I actually have no idea what Overdrive and Blur do, however from watching a couple of the live streams, I'm fairly certain that Decoy only looks fake to the user (and possibly the user's team), but will look like a normal player to everyone else, thus giving possible PVP evasion tactics such as running in a door, popping the decoy, and then taking cover and shooting someone in the back. Obviously I assume there will be various upgrades to all of the abilities making them all useful for many situations, but we shall have to wait and see.
Overdrive is bonus weapon damage, blur is speed boost

Classymadman
01-16-2013, 07:45 PM
im glad you can have multiple loadouts to be able to use them all at different times for certain situations... I think that you can use any weapons and ego power is the greatest thing ever, so glad you are not stuck with a single power and weapon type... cant wait to try all them out

MuKi1115
01-17-2013, 03:05 AM
im glad you can have multiple loadouts to be able to use them all at different times for certain situations... I think that you can use any weapons and ego power is the greatest thing ever, so glad you are not stuck with a single power and weapon type... cant wait to try all them out

Yeah especially because it enabled the developers to keep the loadouts (and controls...) slim and simple without loosing the complexity rpg-players desire. I loved the 6 slot system of D3 for the same reason...

Classymadman
01-17-2013, 03:38 AM
Yeah especially because it enabled the developers to keep the loadouts (and controls...) slim and simple without loosing the complexity rpg-players desire. I loved the 6 slot system of D3 for the same reason... me too. was some much more fun to deal with just the 6 instead of like a 100 different spells or abilities

MuKi1115
01-17-2013, 05:21 AM
me too. was some much more fun to deal with just the 6 instead of like a 100 different spells or abilities

Yeah especially because it forced you to make choices instead of makros...

Kreedz
01-17-2013, 07:02 AM
I hope they do the cloaking right.

If the cloak is more like a blurred camouflage which you can still spot if you pay attention (much like Planetside 2's Infiltrator), then I'm all for it.

But if they make it a completely 100% invisibility, its going to become one of those 'cop-out' abilities that -everyone- will be using in PvP, then It requires no forward thinking or skill to use and the game will have gone down a few notches on my list of games to watch/buy.

B3ANTOWN B3A5T
01-17-2013, 07:40 AM
I hope they do the cloaking right.

If the cloak is more like a blurred camouflage which you can still spot if you pay attention (much like Planetside 2's Infiltrator), then I'm all for it.

But if they make it a completely 100% invisibility, its going to become one of those 'cop-out' abilities that -everyone- will be using in PvP, then It requires no forward thinking or skill to use and the game will have gone down a few notches on my list of games to watch/buy.

Agree but they have to be careful not to make it too crappy also. Dont know if your familiar with Ghost Recon Future Soldier, but it also had a cloaking ability. It was pretty brutal though. Upon activation it would crackle with this little electricty surge (almost like the Predator) that was ridiculously obvious. Once fully cloaked the character was often shiny and stuck out like a sore thumb. It was overtly visible from across the map at times and you were less likely to be spotted without it activated in most situations.

Got a few vids up on my channel if anyone is further interested in seeing exactly how NOT to do the cloaking.