PDA

View Full Version : Decoy can do explosive dmg?????

Sgt Baltimore
06-07-2013, 02:48 PM
does anyone know anything about this? I've used decoy to the extent of getting my achievement for killing 500 enemies that are attacking your decoy but not once have I figured out how to make my decoy explode. If your wondering what I'm talking bout, I pulled this off the official Defiance website: "In its highest ranks, EGO provides the option to swap locations with the hologram or destroy it in a damaging explosion."
Here's the link so you can see for yourself: http://www.defiance.com/en/game/technology/ego/
If you know how to pull this off plz let me know ASAP. I would love to try this out.
P.S. yes I have the Decoy power fully upgraded but still don't see any options or perks for blowing it up.

Ryme
06-07-2013, 02:51 PM
It no go boom.

Sgt Baltimore
06-07-2013, 02:53 PM
It no go boom.

I've noticed but y is Trion publishing false info. A little skeptical bout these ppl. Another suspect thing is they make no mention of the Toxic nano anywhere on there website but specifically tell u about all other nano effects. Why is it in the game and does it even work

Arsenic_Touch
06-07-2013, 02:55 PM
Couldn't tell you. Most likely another one of those things they took out and forgot to change the documentation about it.

Would probably be too OP for them to send a decoy into a group and detonate them.... would love that.

Agonist
06-07-2013, 02:58 PM
Probably something they'll add in the future.

Sgt Baltimore
06-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Couldn't tell you. Most likely another one of those things they took out and forgot to change the documentation about it.

Would probably be too OP for them to send a decoy into a group and detonate them.... would love that.

I actually think it would put decoy on par with every other Ego power if it could explode. As it is its almost useless in pvp. Overcharge gives u a dmg increase, Cloak provides additional dmg while cloaked, and Blur can increase melee dmg while active. So y not have decoy be able to explode?? All its good for is dumping aggro. Have u seen all the perks surrounding Decoy? There almost all for revives as if they got a healer in class in this game. Yea that's what I want, a build with perks for running around reviving ppl. How fun. (Sarcasm)

LtRobbiesan
06-07-2013, 03:05 PM
does anyone know anything about this? I've used decoy to the extent of getting my achievement for killing 500 enemies that are attacking your decoy but not once have I figured out how to make my decoy explode. If your wondering what I'm talking bout, I pulled this off the official Defiance website: "In its highest ranks, EGO provides the option to swap locations with the hologram or destroy it in a damaging explosion."
Here's the link so you can see for yourself: http://www.defiance.com/en/game/technology/ego/
If you know how to pull this off plz let me know ASAP. I would love to try this out.
P.S. yes I have the Decoy power fully upgraded but still don't see any options or perks for blowing it up.

They must have copied some info from ME3 MP, where you can set your decoy to explode, but they forgot to edit the explosion part out. Kidding of course. Would like to know about the explosion effect too.

Era
06-07-2013, 03:09 PM
There are 4 blanks on the EGO grid...

Kard
06-07-2013, 03:10 PM
We do have enemies with EGOs. Perhaps this will hint at future ways that EGO-having enemies like Dark Matter might be able to attack.

Sgt Baltimore
06-07-2013, 03:13 PM
There are 4 blanks on the EGO grid...

That's a good theory. But I'm not looking forward to waiting month's for more perks. They made no mention of additional perks in the upcoming dlc so who knows how long we will have to wait for this

Sgt Baltimore
06-07-2013, 03:14 PM
We do have enemies with EGOs. Perhaps this will hint at future ways that EGO-having enemies like Dark Matter might be able to attack.

I'm almost positive there are not talking about Dark matter forces using exploding decoys on us lol. They are tough enough as it is in swarms

Era
06-07-2013, 03:20 PM

Dark Matter don't have EGOs. They might have ability enhancing nanites, but EGOs are new proprietary VBI tech involving giving you nanites an intelligence which is a copy of a real person chosen for their suitability to working as a lifelong aid (allegedly, if I know my Sci-fi your EGO is different from others) with the minor tweak being that the original's wants/desires/whims get overridden by the hosts.

cusman
06-07-2013, 03:21 PM
If there was a way to detonate Decoys... it would start being used more. That Sensor Sweep perk you can have to complement the Decoy is only useful in PvP and doesn't have much range. Decoy needs to be buffed.

Also, I tried Decoy in Scrapworks Salvage... and it doesn't uncloak the snipers even when I am pretty close to them. It is best to just shoot them once to de-Cloak them.

Sgt Baltimore
06-07-2013, 03:24 PM
Dark Matter don't have EGOs. They might have ability enhancing nanites, but EGOs are new proprietary VBI tech involving giving you nanites an intelligence which is a copy of a real person chosen for their suitability to working as a lifelong aid (allegedly, if I know my Sci-fi your EGO is different from others) with the minor tweak being that the original's wants/desires/whims get overridden by the hosts.

Goto the Intel screen thru the start menu and goto video of Dark matter enemies. It clearly did say that dark matter are equipped with EGOs

jopa
06-07-2013, 03:36 PM
I actually think it would put decoy on par with every other Ego power if it could explode. As it is its almost useless in pvp. (Sarcasm)

seeing cloaked players is useless in PVP? i am doing it wrong.

Era
06-07-2013, 03:38 PM
Goto the Intel screen thru the start menu and goto video of Dark matter enemies. It clearly did say that dark matter are equipped with EGOs

That makes no freaking sense!!!

"Introducing EGO

Brought to Earth by Votans.

Brought to life by Von Bach Industries."

Shtako, EGO itself is a ****ing English acronym.

Sgt Baltimore
06-07-2013, 03:40 PM
seeing cloaked players is useless in PVP? i am doing it wrong.

Honestly that's it. Now on observatory where it's 8v8 how many ppl are using decoy. I wouldn't even say 1 per match maybe one every 3-5 matches. I play pvp all the time and have seen only two ppl use it in death match since launch

Sgt Baltimore
06-07-2013, 03:42 PM
That makes no freaking sense!!!

What doesnt. I don't know how you bring up the options wheel on pc but on Xbox if u press start then hold LT and goto Intel you can watch video descriptions on enemies and the one for dark matter clearly says they have Egos

Era
06-07-2013, 03:55 PM
What doesnt. I don't know how you bring up the options wheel on pc but on Xbox if u press start then hold LT and goto Intel you can watch video descriptions on enemies and the one for dark matter clearly says they have Egos

But that's just it. It doesn't make any sense. We're one of the first wave of EGO bearing Ark Hunters. Even Cass was surprised we had one. It is NEW TECH. Nanites in the blood were old tech, implants were old tech, genetic manipulation and body enhancement were old tech, but EGOs specifically are new tech.

Hold on

"EGO technology was invented by an Indogene named Yargad Gorhash and used by the Votanis Collective during the Pale Wars. Karl Von Bach and Von Bach Industries recovered the technology and found a way to use it again."

From the loading screen apparently. They must have been VERY limited in number and a recent invention from around the exodus.

Edit: Trion, loading screens are not where you dump plot relevant info

Ryme
06-07-2013, 04:01 PM

It says something? None of my videos clips have any audio. wtf?

Sgt Baltimore
06-07-2013, 04:05 PM
Edit: Trion, loading screens are not where you dump plot relevant info

They have relevant info buried away in the strangest of places that the average person would not think to look.

Sgt Baltimore
06-07-2013, 04:20 PM
It says something? None of my videos clips have any audio. wtf?

Yes there is audio

Rogue13
06-07-2013, 04:33 PM
If you have defeated Nim, then you will have picked up/seen intel/conversation hinting about Nim and the battle of defiance, Nim is Castithan, he has a powerful Votan EGO, and he is the leader of the Dark Matter, why do you find it so hard to believe he would have given EGOs to his troops? Perhaps not as capable as his own, or Von Bachs design that you have, but that doesn't mean a lot. Proof of Dark Matter having EGO/EGO-like ability is easy to find - Monitors Blur, Snipers Cloak, and I wouldn't be too surprised to see a Dark Matter type with decoy, since Nim had it, plus that glowing red sword seemed rather overcharge-like, it was clearly not a charge-blade. So, to the points raised about Dark Matter having EGOs, yes, and the background/backstory and evidence support it.

Now, to the OPs point, I have wondered the same myself, and would like to see the feature added (re-added?)

I would also like the ability to have Limited Invulnerable Shield and go Dragon like Nim ... maybe as a reward for killing Nim on replay, add a 4th segment to the Nim fight with the end-scene being a download of those abilities from Nim, opening 2 new Powers / perk trees.

As you can see I am living in a mental institution for the foolishly hopeful lol.

Sgt Baltimore
06-07-2013, 04:42 PM
We can only hope but you know it will probably be month's until we some new perks. Seeing how we're still waiting for Dlc one

A Frikn Grizzly
06-07-2013, 06:24 PM
There might be a perk (not sure) because on overcharge it says it can increase by killing enemies, the killing spree perk increases power duration with each kill (can be used on any power)

cusman
06-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Honestly that's it. Now on observatory where it's 8v8 how many ppl are using decoy. I wouldn't even say 1 per match maybe one every 3-5 matches. I play pvp all the time and have seen only two ppl use it in death match since launch

I used Decoy almost exclusively in all my Freight Yard matches. I tried it a little bit in Team Deathmatch. It isn't as good as Cloak or Blur... but it can still be useful (especially on Waterfront). That Sensor Sweep perk range needs to be boosted and exploding your "decoy" could be great addition to make it even more interesting.

Sgt Baltimore
06-07-2013, 06:55 PM
There might be a perk (not sure) because on overcharge it says it can increase by killing enemies, the killing spree perk increases power duration with each kill (can be used on any power)

No there is no perk. I said I already checked in the first post

Ashkore
06-07-2013, 06:57 PM
No decoy does not explode nor can you give it the ability to, Ive been in since the beta and he never went boom :( As for how usefull the power is its the most in my opinion.

Cloak grants you a few seconds of invisibility and recharges your shields, Overcharge grants a damage boost and reloads your current weapon, Blur increases your movement speed and lets you hit harder against shields, Decoy creats an image of you that draws the attention of every enemy in the area and gives you the ability to switch places with it at any time.

Having played a few pvps, as Im not a fan of it at all anymore thanks to scoreboard idiots, most ignore the second part of its power and Ive used it very well to get in a surprise attack. That being said your also compairing it to powers that can actually move you up in kills to one that wont, now if they added the explosive upgrade to it or made it actually look just like you that might make it more usefull.

As far as perks go yes it has a few powers for being a medic however Ive rarely used them even in a group. Most of its perks are defensive in nature Rearguard and Failsafe for example reduce the damage you take. While Time Out and Pumped Up speed up the use of ANY Ego power if you have a small mag gun or one you use the entire mag for. Others such as Self-medicated and Feedback change how you and enemies interact.

Having said all this Ive been using it since day one and unlike the other powers its more of a utility than an offensive one, but if you learn how to use it properly it can completely change a fights direction. Example using the new seige lets say your under attack by a stage 8 group of zombies and the rest of your group around the point gets taken out, you cast decoy at a point farthest from you as all of the zombies trun to attack your decoy you can revive all of those near you, hit the zombies with a flash nade as they blow the decoy. Now with the rest of those around you, you blast them all back to the hole they climbed out of. You also could do the same thing by using it to group all the zombies up in a tight spot by switching with it, then hitting it with and AOE damaging far more than you might have normally been able to.

Just my ummm... $20 worth :P

Sgt Baltimore
06-07-2013, 07:34 PM
No decoy does not explode nor can you give it the ability to, Ive been in since the beta and he never went boom :( As for how usefull the power is its the most in my opinion.

Cloak grants you a few seconds of invisibility and recharges your shields, Overcharge grants a damage boost and reloads your current weapon, Blur increases your movement speed and lets you hit harder against shields, Decoy creats an image of you that draws the attention of every enemy in the area and gives you the ability to switch places with it at any time.

Having played a few pvps, as Im not a fan of it at all anymore thanks to scoreboard idiots, most ignore the second part of its power and Ive used it very well to get in a surprise attack. That being said your also compairing it to powers that can actually move you up in kills to one that wont, now if they added the explosive upgrade to it or made it actually look just like you that might make it more usefull.

As far as perks go yes it has a few powers for being a medic however Ive rarely used them even in a group. Most of its perks are defensive in nature Rearguard and Failsafe for example reduce the damage you take. While Time Out and Pumped Up speed up the use of ANY Ego power if you have a small mag gun or one you use the entire mag for. Others such as Self-medicated and Feedback change how you and enemies interact.

Having said all this Ive been using it since day one and unlike the other powers its more of a utility than an offensive one, but if you learn how to use it properly it can completely change a fights direction. Example using the new seige lets say your under attack by a stage 8 group of zombies and the rest of your group around the point gets taken out, you cast decoy at a point farthest from you as all of the zombies trun to attack your decoy you can revive all of those near you, hit the zombies with a flash nade as they blow the decoy. Now with the rest of those around you, you blast them all back to the hole they climbed out of. You also could do the same thing by using it to group all the zombies up in a tight spot by switching with it, then hitting it with and AOE damaging far more than you might have normally been able to.

Just my ummm... $20 worth :P

Well first off thanks for stating the obvious. I already said everything u just said lol. But this isn't a traditional mmo where a healer, tank and dps work together. It seems to focused solely on dps. Sieges reward u for getting to further stages which can be only be accomplished if everyone is killing things as fast as possible. Co-ops have become a race to see how fast you can kill everything and rush thru quick as possible rarely any teamwork. Arkfalls are pretty much the same. Kill crystals quick, grab keycodes, go back to do whatever u were doin before arkfall. Pvp is self explanatory. SOOO in that regard, they should add some offense to decoy.

CoupDeGrace
06-07-2013, 07:55 PM
I was going to make a thread like this also. As a decoy user I couldn't figure out how to get it to explode but i can get it to swap spots with me which can be useful.

Ashkore
06-08-2013, 12:27 PM
Well first off thanks for stating the obvious. I already said everything u just said lol. But this isn't a traditional mmo where a healer, tank and dps work together. It seems to focused solely on dps. Sieges reward u for getting to further stages which can be only be accomplished if everyone is killing things as fast as possible. Co-ops have become a race to see how fast you can kill everything and rush thru quick as possible rarely any teamwork. Arkfalls are pretty much the same. Kill crystals quick, grab keycodes, go back to do whatever u were doin before arkfall. Pvp is self explanatory. SOOO in that regard, they should add some offense to decoy.

Whoops yeah I see that now took me a bit to type that so thats part of why I guess :P Heres to hoping we can make them go boom at some point soon.

Sgt Baltimore
06-08-2013, 12:46 PM
We can only hope.

Leold
06-08-2013, 02:03 PM
I wish they could be detonated, as it is I feel like the one of the few that actually uses them in PvP and its an almost entirely defensive power while the others have both offensive and defensive applications.

Sgt Baltimore
06-08-2013, 03:06 PM
I wish they could be detonated, as it is I feel like the one of the few that actually uses them in PvP and its an almost entirely defensive power while the others have both offensive and defensive applications.

I feel u on that one. It definitely needs to be boosted to put it on level with the others.