PDA

View Full Version : How long until Trion closes shop on Defiance?

basshawk67
06-08-2013, 03:36 PM
Patches that cause as many problems as they fix, no DLC in sight, perpetual problems with clan/social operations and no effort to refund bits lost due to clan/social bugs. Got me thinking that Trion is just gathering what money they can from the game and will close up shop on the game and leave us hanging.

Look at SyFy itself - known for short runs on new series - if you really look, the game and tv show aren't running together - I've not seen any sign of the plague on the show, so why do they worry about spoilers.

They talk about episodes - we've seen Nolan and Rynn and Hellbugs for a millisecond in the game, but now they're gone - they just want us to keep playing the same thing over and over, but not let us have access to older things that were good.

Hope I'm wrong, but signs are not looking good.

Chidy1776
06-08-2013, 03:43 PM
Considering the fact that theyre still patching, adding in content, and that eell have dlc before you know it, id say chances are pretty slim theyll shut the game down. The only way the game will get shutdown is when it is no longer proffitable, and i doubt that will be anytime soon. This game has very compelling gameplay and its getting better over time as most mmos do. I think this game is just going to get more popular as time goes on with features like an auction housr, player housing and more customization being talked about as a priority and in the works currently.

Edit: i should add that were actively trying to stop the plague from spreading out of the bay area into areas like defiance. Alslo wiht the dlc remember this game has only been out for a few months, i think were going to be getting an announve in the next few weeks and well probably have the dlc within 2months. Last i want to add that im almost positiv i heard syfy already signed on for a second season of the show.

Why is everyone always saying every game is dead or dieing when theyre going strong? Wow has been dieing for like 3-4 years now according to ppl and its still like 3-4 times the sub level of its strongest competition lol.

Mr Awesome 0ne
06-08-2013, 03:56 PM
You're kidding right?

They just added Sieges/Infected, and the new DLC is right around the corner. The new DLC should have been out by now, but they did have to patch and fix stuff so it was delayed.

Whenever I log on, I see tons and tons of purple dots.

This game nor the store are going anywhere, anytime soon.

It's just starting to get good.

Plus the show was already renewed for a Season 2, so you have AT THE LEAST one more year.

Plus they have 5 DLC's that are to be released, and many people have already bought them all. They aren't just going to say, ok, we're done, and not release the DLC's.

abakai
06-08-2013, 03:57 PM
They talk about episodes - we've seen Nolan and Rynn and Hellbugs for a millisecond in the game, but now they're gone

What? wait hellbugs only around for a millisecond now they're gone? are we playing the same game?

Ookami Soldier
06-08-2013, 04:00 PM
Considering the fact that theyre still patching, adding in content, and that eell have dlc before you know it, id say chances are pretty slim theyll shut the game down. The only way the game will get shutdown is when it is no longer proffitable, and i doubt that will be anytime soon. This game has very compelling gameplay and its getting better over time as most mmos do. I think this game is just going to get more popular as time goes on with features like an auction housr, player housing and more customization being talked about as a priority and in the works currently.

Once you finish all pursuits. coops. challenges - the game does get repetitive. Adding content?

The 15-30mins worth of missions that is single player.
Sieges are fun, don't get me wrong - but stuff outta Resident Evil 5?
The Defiance store that just changes colors on clothes and vehicles and makes you pay for it? *The option of color should be players choice and free or atleast have a set cost for a "color wheel" that the player can buy and use themselves.*

I've been playing since day 1 and thoroughly enjoyed the game, but after you've done everything 10x, it doesn't get better.
Playing with friends is fun and great, but the game doesn't do enough multiplayer stuff. Most of the Coops are single player narratives with the cutscene/conversation only showing one player. The story line is single player - many main missions are solo missions.

That story line takes 2-4 days tops if you skip side missions and maybe a week with them. In the beginning people did all of the roadside missions because they were new and you got something out of them, now they just get in the way of things. The ending of the storyline hasn't even been touched yet and seems to be disappearing from all new stuff coming out. The history of Defiance is rarely spoken about in the game and the show. Its almost like they don't want to create something that could be amazing.

Basshawk does have a point about the patches and issues as well. My clan jokes about patch day being unplayable because they fix 2 things and 3 break then shut down server to fix those.

METALPUNKS
06-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Wow you actualy think like this. Listen to across the badlands and you may realize nothing is closig down anytime soon. They are deeply invested in this game right now. I dont know what you are even talking about. We are always being given new content every week or two, weekend events and so much info is released on across the badlands.

They just dont want to release dlc and have it all bugged so that may take time. They have no trail to follow, nobody really ever released an mmo on consoles(very few). So to them its trial and error, they are the pioneers in this genre for consoles. Just finding out what works and what does not work. Also they already charged for the season pass which is supposed to include 5 dlc's(i think). As much as people think trion would they would never charge for a season pass without a plan or any thoughts they couldnt deliver.

So go play this game or that game and before you know it dlc will be here. Defiance is going nowhere. Little by little it's all coming together.

ironhands
06-08-2013, 04:05 PM
quite a while. the bulk of the costs have been spent. the cost of keeping a game running after release is relatively small. anarchy online is still going, no reason to think defiance won't

Ookami Soldier
06-08-2013, 04:05 PM
What? wait hellbugs only around for a millisecond now they're gone? are we playing the same game?

He was probably lumping them together Rynn and the Hellbugs missions.

Tzar of kaos
06-08-2013, 04:06 PM
If Nolan comes back in the bay area,i'll need to have few words with him & my money he owns me...So i guess this is better for him to stay at Defiance...Rynn is in jail (?) and we might see her one day or another....And hellbugs are everywhere. ;)

Ookami Soldier
06-08-2013, 04:09 PM
If Nolan comes back in the bay area,i'll need to have few words with him & my money he owns me...So i guess this is better for him to stay at Defiance...Rynn is in jail (?) and we might see her one day or another....And hellbugs are everywhere. ;)

That's what he is talking about. Rynn showed up for 30mins worth of missions and 2-3 cutscenes then was unheard from. Nolan and the Dream Child were in 4-5 cutscenes, 4 missions, and gone - BUT we get to see them every Monday on the show.

Mr Awesome 0ne
06-08-2013, 04:11 PM
I've played since day one as well, and I agree it get's repetitive after you have done everything a bunch of times.

But to ask if TRION is shutting the game down is just kinda crazy in my opinion.

I find I take several days off from playing at a time, but it's still a fun game when I play.

Muffins
06-08-2013, 04:17 PM
I'm not going to bother responding bigger, you're just impatient. 'Hope I'm wrong!', sounds like bullshiz, you want it to fail.

c4l1d3n
06-08-2013, 04:22 PM
I got my moneys worth out of the game so it's all gravy from here. Still having fun...

Nefarious
06-08-2013, 04:37 PM
Im over level 3000 and I still have a good amount of side missions left. I think a lot of ppl are just playing this game wrong. As if everyone playing are those same kids when growing up who made their GI Joe and WWF action figures fly in the air like superman when clearly those characters were never able to do that.

What Im trying to get at here is that you all play ****ing weird!

Kierro Kai
06-08-2013, 04:52 PM

I like Nolan, tho I would like to give him a few choice words. Nolan to Spirit Riders - "Do you have any idea, what we had to go through to get that." Me: "YEAH you F***ING stool it from me!!"... Funny, I looked around living room and had confused looks from family, like WTF's he talking about lol. Also just assuming it, it could be Irisa. It was till they were near Pilot episode storyline she told Nolan. Nolan, didn't return because he new Varus has a hit on him. Otherwise I bet he would of returned.

marshy
06-08-2013, 04:53 PM
Im over level 3000 and I still have a good amount of side missions left. I think a lot of ppl are just playing this game wrong. As if everyone playing are those same kids when growing up who made their GI Joe and WWF action figures fly in the air like superman when clearly those characters were never able to do that.

What Im trying to get at here is that you all play ****ing weird!

Please god will you make a game guide on how we all should play games

IGears
06-08-2013, 04:59 PM
I got my moneys worth out of the game so it's all gravy from here. Still having fun...

Boobs again... dont know what you are saying..

ironhands
06-08-2013, 05:13 PM

boobs where? wtb

Chidy1776
06-08-2013, 05:56 PM

Agreed. Noticed it the other day. To boob girl, pls be an insecure emo girl, if you are pls call me

basshawk67
06-08-2013, 10:18 PM
I do enjoy playing, but have noticed significantly less people playing lately - was at a siege tonite with only 7 people, and a major arkfall with only 6 people - and that's with a bonus xp weekend - not a good sign.

I've got probably close to $200 into the game between buying the game and money spent on bits for boosts, but with the lag and other problems it's tough to enjoy the game.

Regarding the DLC - most other games on the market bring out their 1st DLC within the first month or so - Trion is definitely behind on that - I understand wanting to fix the bugs before bringing it out, but maybe they should have delayed launching the game until more things were worked out?

I'm currently 3,330 but not sure I see myself playing through until I reach 5,000.

There are always going to be kids on the forums trash-talking about stupid stuff - this is not the case with my comments - the game has great potential, but after the massive layoffs and patches where the servers are down all day, and other issues with gameplay, things are not looking so good.

A lot of people have spent serious money on this game and so many other game companies have pulled the grab & run act after not dealing with issues with their games - it would be pretty rotten if Trion did the same...

Shada Mori
06-08-2013, 10:20 PM
quite a while. the bulk of the costs have been spent. the cost of keeping a game running after release is relatively small. anarchy online is still going, no reason to think defiance won't

Also, Defiance has major corporate sponsors.. AXE and Dodge thus far. That's more money to keep it going. Then of course there's the people who aren't jaded and like the game and keep buying stuff. I pretty much guarantee the game will last at least through the second season of the show, if not beyond.

Haffoc
06-09-2013, 01:05 AM
Look at SyFy itself - known for short runs on new series - if you really look, the game and tv show aren't running together - I've not seen any sign of the plague on the show, so why do they worry about spoilers. .

Hope I'm wrong, but signs are not looking good.

Considering that the show and game are in different places it takes time for crossovers, that's why the game launched first - to give Nolan and iris a time to cross.

Tomorrow we should get new plague stuff as rumours of the plague will cross over to the show, think it was mentioned on defiance blog or the plague video.