PDA

View Full Version : Best way to get Ark Salvage?

DopedGoat
06-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Im currently adding mod slots to a weapon and the second slot already cost 40k Ark salvage.

Just wondering the best way to loot this stuff? Setup/map/mode etc. Currently it seems the more damage you do in the co-op missions the more loot you get? I can run Scrapworks and get 2 mil damage, but still it seems I only come out with 5 or 6 items.

Any tips??

DopedGoat
06-08-2013, 08:44 PM
Too much moaning on these forums and not enough help :/

0_d4RK_FaLLen
06-08-2013, 08:45 PM
unless its a weapon you plan on keeping forever don't bother with mods. at certain ego levels the weapons will have all slots but if your looking to add slots to like a blue its a waste. it also gets a lot worse as you level, think my third slot costs 60k.

To answer your question just salvage everything you pick up.

DopedGoat
06-08-2013, 08:56 PM
Its a Purple VOT grind fragger with bonus roll x1.12 mag and 15% grenade recharge on kill with Quartermaster Synergy. You not think its worth adding mod slots?? Thanks for help, but where is best place to get loot to salvage though

DopedGoat
06-08-2013, 08:57 PM
I just did Salvage scrapworks with just reward on scored 1.7million damage, next player 600k and only looted 2 items haha, i dont know the best place?!

Defenze
06-08-2013, 08:57 PM
There only a few ways of getting Ark salvage that I know of. Arkfalls, Co-op Missions, Sieges and by breaking down unwanted weapons in your weapons inventory. Other than that, I'm not sure. I constantly am breaking down weapons in my inventory. But that's only because I pick up everything for that specific purpose. If I see a shield or grenade or a weapon on the ground after an arkfall or siege, I always pick it up even if I have two in my inventory. Most times if it's one I don't need ........ I break it down for ark salvage. I keep very few weapons in inventory. Only the ones that I know I will eventually mod and use.

fubucious
06-08-2013, 09:50 PM
Arkfall tag every enemy dnt worry bout killing tag fitst then kill they drop good salvage. I use a bug gun so i can tag many enemies. At siege kent farms or goto san fran use aoe weapons tage all bosses at all cap points. Take it from someone that get 200k aday from salvage good luck hope it help

awuerth
06-08-2013, 09:58 PM
message me on xbox ill help you out

mikepaul
06-08-2013, 10:29 PM
I was carrying 223,000 salvage just a little while ago. Then a purple VOT Blaster fell at an arkfall that seemed like a keeper except for only having two slots. Those two slots cost me 173,000 salvage to add.

Attend sieges while the Scavenger perk is equipped, and pick up everything that drops. White, green, and the occasional blue can go straight to salvage...

0_d4RK_FaLLen
06-08-2013, 10:52 PM
I was carrying 223,000 salvage just a little while ago. Then a purple VOT Blaster fell at an arkfall that seemed like a keeper except for only having two slots. Those two slots cost me 173,000 salvage to add.

Attend sieges while the Scavenger perk is equipped, and pick up everything that drops. White, green, and the occasional blue can go straight to salvage...

Color means absolutely nothing if the weapon has crappy bonuses. If you find a weapon of any color that you like and has good bonuses then keep it and mod it. Other than that it's a waste to use salvage on mod slots. I have plenty of oranges that I won't bother putting slots on yet I have a few blues/purples I may at some point. Fact is by the time you save up salvage to mod everything you probably could've gotten a better one from lockboxes.

Yes tagging and picking up everything from enemies is a start but since skitterlings give 11 salvage, most reg mobs give 30-45, hulkers monarches and tanks give 80-100 & element hellbugs give slightly more (think elemental monarch gives 112) it takes a long time to get anywhere near amounts needed to mod everything. Sieges, arkfalls are best with co-ops just behind them. Easiest thing to do is to use bmg to tag multiple enemies, jump around to multiple arkfalls (only stay at hellion one that drops 4 stacks at end) and make sure you're always doing something. Rampages can also give 200-500 pretty easily (damn defense is an easy silver/gold)
Think best thing to do is just save everything instead of being in a rush to use it as soon as you get it.

Unfresh
06-09-2013, 03:04 AM
Get u and your friends to buy loot boots and do the coop map the motherlode salavge everything !

ItISLupus
06-09-2013, 04:15 AM
Do scrapper major arkfalls, and Hellbug uprising(destroy the crystal, ends with the Hellion with arms) Completing the final stage, nets you 4 stacks of 750 Salvage(in addition to anything you picked up and weapons you can break down)

ne0odotnl
06-09-2013, 07:34 AM
best way to get salvage is to re-do a rampage (any1 you like) over and over untill you have like 50 mods, or other items.. then you can break them down to resources. 250green for whites; 500green for greens; 750green for blues and 1000greens for purples.

running around an arkfall to pick up little bits of greens is a waste.

StanleyPain
06-09-2013, 09:07 AM
Im currently adding mod slots to a weapon and the second slot already cost 40k Ark salvage.

Just wondering the best way to loot this stuff? Setup/map/mode etc. Currently it seems the more damage you do in the co-op missions the more loot you get? I can run Scrapworks and get 2 mil damage, but still it seems I only come out with 5 or 6 items.

Any tips??

Get a shotgun with decent spread and do arkfalls and sieges and blast everything you see. Any enemy you hit, even if it's just once, when it dies, if it drops something, you'll get it. Don't focus much on the bosses, but instead on the bugs and other enemies that spawn (especially in scrapper arkfalls), but do tag the bosses with at least one shot. This is pretty much how I play (though, don't worry, I do contribute, I'm not just one of those who doesn't deal any damage and doesn't help out the group effort)
That said, my advice would be: don't worry about adding slots to weapons. seriously...it's not at all cost effective and it's a HUGE waste of ark salvage, as I think most people have discovered. It's one thing if it's a solid weapon that you like and it only needs, like, one slot to be perfect, but in general, I wouldn't bother. Just try to stick with yellow/blue/purple quality weapons with good slots (slots seem to be much better now since the patch) and focus more on keeping an eye out for good mods that you want to buy and save for a specific use. Removing lower level mods from a weapon to replace them with better ones is much more cost effective. As it is right now, the ark price for things is absolutely insane. I think right now I have about 250,000 ark salvage (I don't buy boxes much, honestly) and I think it would most of that just to reset the weapon exp of one of my better weapons. That's not even remotely worth it.

WeeohhWeeohh
06-10-2013, 09:14 AM
I do the last relpayable mission where you attack the dark matter base. I usually end up with about 100 kills and about 15 or so whites/greens.