PDA

View Full Version : Inventory List, "Press ___ to Breakdown into Ark Salvage".

lllWARCHILDlll
06-09-2013, 07:31 PM
"Press ___ to Breakdown into Ark Salvage".
So. How much easier and simpler would it be. Ya go down the list. Bink bink bink bink bink bink bink. Done.

Or press ___ to select this item. After selecting multiple (say 15) items on your inventory list, you press one key/button and BAM. All the selected items get turned into salvage.

Because scrolling down, hitting A, hitting A, pressing up and hitting A, then scrolling down to hit A, hitting A, pressing up to hit A.... yea ummmmmm..... Anybody have a problem with this? Im not a developer on this game. But is this a horrible idea or what? Who wants to hit Y or just delete items? Its like throwing scrip/salvage in the toilet and honestly at 15k, 31k, 53k, 61k to add slots its a little bit of a waste to have a "delete" item when it could be configured to "breakdown to salvage" function.:)

reapermech
06-09-2013, 07:49 PM
Trion hire this guy he is trying to make the game more user friendly to console users

LoKi
06-09-2013, 08:11 PM
"Press ___ to Breakdown into Ark Salvage".
So. How much easier and simpler would it be. Ya go down the list. Bink bink bink bink bink bink bink. Done.

Or press ___ to select this item. After selecting multiple (say 15) items on your inventory list, you press one key/button and BAM. All the selected items get turned into salvage.

Because scrolling down, hitting A, hitting A, pressing up and hitting A, then scrolling down to hit A, hitting A, pressing up to hit A.... yea ummmmmm..... Anybody have a problem with this? Im not a developer on this game. But is this a horrible idea or what? Who wants to hit Y or just delete items? Its like throwing scrip/salvage in the toilet and honestly at 15k, 31k, 53k, 61k to add slots its a little bit of a waste to have a "delete" item when it could be configured to "breakdown to salvage" function.:)

This please, but I have a feeling that button says delete and not salvage to help encourage inventory slot purchases considering salvage is worth more than scrip. (right?)

lllWARCHILDlll
06-09-2013, 08:58 PM
This please, but I have a feeling that button says delete and not salvage to help encourage inventory slot purchases considering salvage is worth more than scrip. (right?)

One can only speculate as to the intent of Trion Worlds design for the feature ("delete" INSTEAD of "Breakdown into salvage").
I for one (on top of ALL the OTHER setbacks) would be greatly appreciative if the said feature would be implemented. Especially considering how much time a player loses having to scroll down and repeat the process forever and ever. On an average of 500 salavage per item broken down, and a normal high level weapon needing four slots, coming to "160,000 ark salvage", is 320 items broken down. Which means for every ONE item we need to add four slots to we are scrolling down 320 times, and pressing the A button 960 times per every weapon worth keeping. For anyone who has a basic favorite 6 weapons.... that's 5,760 times we have to hit the A button.

And that's only for a measley 6 weapons to add slots to.

Youd think a simple single button press like to sell items at vendors we could grind stuff down to salvage the same way.
Maybe if people get on the wagon something will change. If not.... well.... enjoy all the time it takes. LOL

Xanirus
06-09-2013, 09:02 PM
During ATAB they have confirmed that they are working on creating a check-off list, and then salvage in one click.

Desolis
06-09-2013, 09:05 PM
Played PSO for ages, this doesn't bother me in the slightest.

lllWARCHILDlll
06-09-2013, 09:14 PM
Played PSO for ages, this doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Phantasy Star Online for the Dreamcast, or for the Original Xbox had a total of how many backpack and bank slots? The items were either used, or sold for money. That was it. You could apply Grinders to give them their "+1" as far as the game would allow. But It was Item to money. This game is Item to salvage, salvage to slot on item. And a Grinder in PSO was what? 1,000? A tel-pipe 500? If grinders were 160,000 and you needed 4 for every item (like the double sabers) you my friend are a more time free individual than I. Not saying its bad. However some of us don't have the time the all-dayers have. And I played PSO for ages on the Dreamcast AND the Original Xbox. Nice to see a fellow PSO player. they kept those servers running almost a decade for that game, even after the hunters license. ;)

mikepaul
06-09-2013, 09:20 PM
Trion once blamed user error in the Salvage Matrix for vanishing weapons. I doubt they'll jump at the chance to have more problems by implementing group salvaging.

I'd like to know why when they went back to confirming each salvage with a popup, they didn't move it to the center of the screen so it didn't block the first entry on the list. I usually order by level so the fresh stuff is at the top, and fresh is usually white and salvageable.

I'd prefer they just wait until I left the menu like before, and give me one popup that says I got X amount of salvage from all the stuff I processed. No big distraction, no long wait for umpteen conversions to be listed separately. Much nicer...

lllWARCHILDlll
06-10-2013, 12:45 PM
During ATAB they have confirmed that they are working on creating a check-off list, and then salvage in one click.

Just wondering if they happened to have any date set or time frame for the implementation of the feature, or if it was just something that's planned to be updated in the game without a set time frame. Maybe by the next patch? **crosses fingers and toes***