PDA

View Full Version : New mission: launching the cure?

Cyripax NeoPrime
06-10-2013, 11:15 AM
Where was the new plague mission called launching the cure? I havent been able to find it all week. They surely cant be talking about the sieges themselves because they listed it seperately before they listed the sieges and data recorders and emergencies. They usually tell us if we need to have a certain point done in main mission progression to have it show, and its been all week with no sign of it for me.

ironhands
06-10-2013, 11:17 AM
"The Plague is at its peak in the Bay and Eren needs your help to lock down the cure. Jump into Defiance at 12pm PT and for the rest of this week"

baelrusk
06-10-2013, 11:19 AM
"The Plague is at its peak in the Bay and Eren needs your help to lock down the cure. Jump into Defiance at 12pm PT and for the rest of this week"

Man I hope it's worth the wait and the cg trailer. I still have plague annoyances from the across the badlands 2 minute nausea crap.

ironhands
06-10-2013, 11:22 AM
Man I hope it's worth the wait and the cg trailer. I still have plague annoyances from the across the badlands 2 minute nausea crap.

I wouldn't get your hopes up, the biggest part of this was the addition of the sieges. I wouldn't expect anything more than Rynn's mission, if that. Chase some data recorders for back story, raid a bunker, and do some sieges/emergencies.

melkathi
06-10-2013, 11:36 AM
I wouldn't get your hopes up, the biggest part of this was the addition of the sieges. I wouldn't expect anything more than Rynn's mission, if that. Chase some data recorders for back story, raid a bunker, and do some sieges/emergencies.

That's what I expect. I'm fine with it. Just hope that difficulty will not just be bulletsponges but some actually interesting gameplay :)

baelrusk
06-10-2013, 11:37 AM

Well at least it's something. Better than just adding the annoying sick people voices and three data recorders.

Cyripax NeoPrime
06-10-2013, 11:38 AM
Yes I read all that, but if you read on it says,

MISSION: launching the cure.- Eren has rcieved a call from the town of defiance. Theyre having a problem with the plague. Shes located an old emc bunker that has a functioning ICBM. She needs to launch a care package of vaccine to the town of defiance. It also says log into defiance the rest of this week and complete the "New Mission" and the final data recorder. Theres only 3 recorders in the pursuits. Ive completed all 3 of the episode: plague pursuits, and have not found the 4th theyve listed called "vaccine delivery"

Now I can assume what launches from the vaccine synths at the end of the siege is that care package. But ive seen nothing about an old emc bunker and whatnot(except whats in the afflicted video promo) and all those cinematics in that video made me think there was a mission to play. Plus, it then goes on to say......

SIEGES: yadda yadda yadda.

PURSUITS: Yadda yadda yadda

EMERGENCIES: yadda yadda yadda

DATA RECORDERS: yadda yadda,yadda.

The mission is listed and worded as a standalone episode mission, so my question is do you have to be past a certain part of the main story for it to show on the map? And if it is not an ep. Mission, where the 4th data recorder im supposed to secure called Vaccine Delivery?

Im fine if it is what it is too, but I dont want to miss that 4th recorder

ironhands
06-10-2013, 11:39 AM
That's what I expect. I'm fine with it. Just hope that difficulty will not just be bulletsponges but some actually interesting gameplay :)

Well, it's zombies, so it will most likely be sponges, unless we're dealing with another e-rep plot.

ironhands
06-10-2013, 11:41 AM
Yes I read all that, but if you read on it says:

... right... and you're getting at what? It says after 12 PST, which is in about 20 minutes. The new mission should be live around then

Cyripax NeoPrime
06-10-2013, 11:57 AM
... right... and you're getting at what? It says after 12 PST, which is in about 20 minutes. The new mission should be live around then
Woah, dude im not tryin to object to you. Lol no need to get defensive, I thought they posted that community last monday, which to me meant that I only had until the 20minutes you mentioned to complete this and grab that recorder. Ya get what im sayin. But you are correct, I see now that its dated the tenth. I havent really been on the forums this week. Been actually playing the game. Just read the blog, assumed it was posted last monday because its talking about everything thats been in the game this past week. No worries though. Mayb cut back on the coffee, Im not some forum troll guy, no need to get defensive(lord knows everyone on forums has that sarcastic attitude anyways) towards someone who was asking a polite honest question. I was only trying to convey something. It wasnt an attack on you. I apologize if you felt it was(even though I dont have to) but your answer couldve done without the condescending, "yea and whats your point". :P

ironhands
06-10-2013, 12:01 PM
Woah, dude im not tryin to object to you. Lol no need to get defensive, I thought they posted that community last monday, which to me meant that I only had until the 20minutes you mentioned to complete this and grab that recorder. Ya get what im sayin. But you are correct, I see now that its dated the tenth. I havent really been on the forums this week. Been actually playing the game. Just read the blog, assumed it was posted last monday because its talking about everything thats been in the game this past week. No worries though. Mayb cut back on the coffee, Im not some forum troll guy, no need to get defensive(lord knows everyone on forums has that sarcastic attitude anyways) towards someone who was asking a polite honest question. I was only trying to convey something. It wasnt an attack on you. I apologize if you felt it was(even though I dont have to) but your answer couldve done without the condescending, "yea and whats your point". :P

I wasn't being defensive, I was honestly asking what your point was, I had assumed you knew what date the information you quoted was made public. Sorry if you interpreted it as sarcastic or some sort of personal attack, it wasn't intended.

Deano
06-10-2013, 12:11 PM
Appeared on my scrrwn not but no asociated challenegs :-S

ironhands
06-10-2013, 12:18 PM
Appeared on my scrrwn not but no asociated challenegs :-S

pretty sure the pursuits are continued from last week, but I'm not at home to confirm.

Deano
06-10-2013, 12:18 PM
Ah cool, I was holding off starting it incase

hardy83
06-10-2013, 01:05 PM
No new pursuits. Just the story quest. When you start it you automatically get a data recorder, as well as there being one just outside the bunker where the quest is.

Atticus Batman
06-10-2013, 01:16 PM

Hmm you must not be on forum much. I can see how you took it wrong, but I have read lots of Ironhands' posts. He does NOT usually try to be rude. HE is however normally VERY blunt and straight forward. Honestly the forums need a couple people like that. Trion could use CMs and DEVs like that. Truthfully I pay more attention to most of his posts over others' because of his straightforward no nonsense answers.

melkathi
06-10-2013, 01:44 PM
The mission was fun enough. Just would have preffered there to have been more :)
I thought the mission was better than the Rhynn bunker.