PDA

View Full Version : Gun Recoil Bug with Monday Content?

IAMVILELENT
06-11-2013, 12:18 AM
Has anyone else noticed the recoil on a majority of guns has changed, that or the mods for recoil reduction are not working properly.

LMG/SMG/ VBI Assault Rifle

Vot Grind Fragger

The recoil on these things seem stock even with level III mods attached in them. I actually have unmodded versions of an LMG and VBI AR with same stats, and the difference in recoil is very noticeable, its better on the non modded weapons. Normally I would just pass judgment,but after the sniper scope bug fiasco, did recoil reduction mods get broken or something? What all was implemented today other then the new episode mission?

Sdric
06-11-2013, 01:41 AM
Just tried it.
Looks like you're right.
My unmodded FRC AR has less recoil than the modded one...
Looks like Trion wants to force us to use infectors in PvP by any means.

Wtflag
06-11-2013, 02:13 AM
Yet another retrogressive bug? Sheesh.

Sdric
06-11-2013, 03:06 AM
I wonder how they create those...
According to the patch notes they didn't even touch ARs.

Looks like a stealth nerf/buff gone wrong.

Jokerzwild
06-11-2013, 03:23 AM
I didn't play much today but ya felt like my LMG was kinda all over the place and was pretty noticeable.

angryglock
06-11-2013, 03:42 AM
Same here with my SAWs. The ones with recoil stocks and without felt the same and both types had more recoil than the day before.

Durva360
06-11-2013, 04:01 AM
My VOT tachmag pulser however is dead on even at about 80m.

IAMVILELENT
06-11-2013, 08:27 AM
Any way we could get a mod to push this concern to a dev? I'm suspect now that certain mods aren't even working all together.

Sdric
06-11-2013, 11:35 AM
This has to be adressed ASAP.
This can't frakking be.
Like PvP wasn't pain in the ar5e enough if you tried to use some skill dependend weapon before...

Now at 48 range your weapon kicks like a mule getting an enema, additionally to the fact that your damn bullets deal less than 60 damage.
At the same time Infectors still burst for 700+, apply a dot, spawn bugs that deal several hundread damage, block your vision, don't require aiming.

PvP was a pain before.
Now it is definitely dead.

I don't tend to rage.
But this textbox is too small to enlist all the insults and curses flowing through my head.

greatdividers
06-11-2013, 11:42 AM
This can't frakking be.
Like PvP wasn't pain in the ar5e enough if you tried to use some skill dependend weapon before...

Now at 48 range your weapon kicks like a mule getting an enema, additionally to the fact that your damn bullets deal less than 60 damage.
At the same time Infectors still burst for 700+, apply a dot, spawn bugs that deal several hundread damage, block your vision, don't require aiming.

PvP was a pain before.
Now it is definitely dead.

I don't tend to rage.
But this textbox is too small to enlist all the insults and curses flowing through my head.

some extra recoil means pvp is dead? i lol'd.

i agree someone needs to look at this and fix whatever changed, if something changed. but your overreaction is comical.

Sdric
06-11-2013, 11:49 AM
some extra recoil means pvp is dead? i lol'd.

i agree someone needs to look at this and fix whatever changed, if something changed. but your overreaction is comical.

PvP was a pain before.
Now you can't use any decent weapon anymore.
The only advantage that rifles had was that they could proc syphon at 48+ range and take out infector users on free spaces.

I don't actually mind the recoil.
But Assault Rifles don't have anything to make up for it.
Their damage sucks at long range unless you proc syphon.
Their accurcay is so bad that your crosshair is as big as an enemy body at 40m+.

Now they lost their only advantage.
In case you consider this an advantage if your opponent has an auto-aiming gun...
Just try it if you don't believe me.
They're frakked now...

greatdividers
06-11-2013, 11:55 AM
PvP was a pain before.
Now you can't use any decent weapon anymore.
The only advantage that rifles had was that they could proc syphon at 48+ range and take out infector users on free spaces.

I don't actually mind the recoil.
But Assault Rifles don't have anything to make up for it.
Their damage sucks at long range unless you proc syphon.
Their accurcay is so bad that your crosshair is as big as an enemy body at 40m+.

Now they lost their only advantage.
Just try it if you don't believe me.

i honestly haven't noticed and i use an AR all the time. some Trion employee should look into it though, as i stated previously..

i won't comment on the rest of your post to avoid going off topic.

TheOz
06-11-2013, 12:09 PM
I use an LMG in PvP and yesterday I played both before and after the update and the change in recoil was VERY noticeable when scoped. Even with Overcharge active it was bouncing around like crazy. It got to the point I just started hip firing which defeats the purpose of a having a scope.

They definitely borked something with the scope mods since a SAW without a scope was more accurate.

Sdric
06-11-2013, 12:19 PM
I use an LMG in PvP and yesterday I played both before and after the update and the change in recoil was VERY noticeable when scoped. Even with Overcharge active it was bouncing around like crazy. It got to the point I just started hip firing which defeats the purpose of a having a scope.

They definitely borked something with the scope mods since a SAW without a scope was more accurate.

I also noticed that my Blast Rifle with -0.8 accuracy and Stab. Sight is now more inaccurate than yesterday.
The accuracy equals that of a normal Blast Rifle w/o bonus.

NerdRageBro
06-14-2013, 04:14 PM
This is definitely accurate. The recoil alone is a concern. Also, mods that we spend countless hours trying to acquire don't even have an effect at all. I noticed that the stalker range bonus does not even work on immunizers either. Therefore, proving the mods not only don't have an effect in the weapon, but even the synergies in the mods also don't have an effect. Moderators, please show this to devs for at least an overlook. This is not right.

dreamon666
06-14-2013, 04:36 PM

It's not a sight mod problem, even my normal non-modded FRC SAWs in my inventory bounce around like crazy now!

Nefarious
06-14-2013, 05:14 PM
My ARs seem to be fine. Maybe they upped the SAW recoil a bit to make up for its crazy high DMG numbers.

All's good to me and makes sense to do.

Muffins
06-14-2013, 05:48 PM
This can't frakking be.

Everything needs to be addressed ASAP to you entitled people.

IAMVILELENT
06-14-2013, 06:42 PM
My ARs seem to be fine. Maybe they upped the SAW recoil a bit to make up for its crazy high DMG numbers.

All's good to me and makes sense to do.

Did you try comparing it to an unmodded one, or just going based off what you remember about your guns recoil before monday.

TheOz
06-14-2013, 07:21 PM
Maybe they upped the SAW recoil a bit to make up for its crazy high DMG numbers.

If that was the case I wouldn't have an issue with it since SAWs are ridiculously powerful. If it was a phantom tune, tell us, enough with the phantom tuning.

The problem is considering their history of EVERY update they have done has BROKEN something else.
This also doesn't seem liking tuning the recoil but that something is broken. I should have less recoil and a more accurate gun when USING a scope. Don't you agree on that?

Anyway I haven't played since Monday. I think I am finally going to take a break from this game. The fact that they are removing sieges on Monday until the DLC releases is my breaking point.