PDA

View Full Version : Next gen Defiance will only be on the PS4

ctabako
06-11-2013, 01:02 AM
Now that we know the Xbox requires a once every 24 hour log in or it will not let you play any games at all, that the camera can allow others to see and hear into you home, has the ability to lock out used game sales, and is $100 more than a PS4 there is no way Defiance can risk being sold on a system that will have a substantially dwindled player base. Sort of how long the large majority of games don't get a Wii port because there are not enough players on the system to justify it. The Xbox One is being slaughtered by reviewers and the consumer base as user unfriendly already, add to that it costs $100 more and the PS4 allows free online gaming and you have a death knoll starting. This all points to Defiance only going to the PS4 if it makes a next gen jump.

Wtflag
06-11-2013, 01:09 AM
A smaller user base might still be profitable if the conversion cost is from Xbox360 to Xbox1 is low enough.

duction
06-11-2013, 01:12 AM
If they drop support to a console it will be playstation and everyone knows this... It's a ball ache to work with and update.

epic beast
06-11-2013, 01:21 AM
Now that we know the Xbox requires a once every 24 hour log in or it will not let you play any games at all, that the camera can allow others to see and hear into you home, has the ability to lock out used game sales, and is $100 more than a PS4 there is no way Defiance can risk being sold on a system that will have a substantially dwindled player base. Sort of how long the large majority of games don't get a Wii port because there are not enough players on the system to justify it. The Xbox One is being slaughtered by reviewers and the consumer base as user unfriendly already, add to that it costs $100 more and the PS4 allows free online gaming and you have a death knoll starting. This all points to Defiance only going to the PS4 if it makes a next gen jump.

Hey buddy not to be a d!k but you have to pay a monthly fee to play ps4. Yes thats right you must have playstation plus to play multiplayer! And xbox one is gonna stomp all over the blu ray 4 just watch, numbers dont lie. And for used games on xbox one. Its pretty much the same as xbox 360. No fees, you can trade them in, buy used games, ect...... its the same as 360 when it comes to used games. And so what the xbox one is $100 more. That because its better!!! Wait and see xbox one will sell and perform way better then the gaystation4

Shadestryke
06-11-2013, 01:23 AM
If they drop support to a console it will be playstation and everyone knows this... It's a ball ache to work with and update.

Except for the fact that PS4 will drop the cell architecture that has been such a problem and return to a more traditional x86 chipset. There shouldn't be as many problems on the next generation as there have been on this one.

Black_Adder_
06-11-2013, 02:14 AM
Fingers crossed & waiting for PS4. Just hope your Xbox one don't start to smoke after a week because of it's awesomeness.

NeverMiss
06-11-2013, 02:49 AM
Hey buddy not to be a d!k but you have to pay a monthly fee to play ps4. Yes thats right you must have playstation plus to play multiplayer! And xbox one is gonna stomp all over the blu ray 4 just watch, numbers dont lie. And for used games on xbox one. Its pretty much the same as xbox 360. No fees, you can trade them in, buy used games, ect...... its the same as 360 when it comes to used games. And so what the xbox one is $100 more. That because its better!!! Wait and see xbox one will sell and perform way better then the gaystation4

NO xbox 1 is dead ps4 is better

Cl Chaos
06-11-2013, 02:53 AM
NO xbox 1 is dead ps4 is better

i heard that when the 360 came out

ps3 is better then 360.....look at the sales and wow 360 is the strongest selling console each and every month the 1 will beat the 4

NeverMiss
06-11-2013, 02:55 AM

ps3 is better then 360.....look at the sales and wow 360 is the strongest selling console each and every month the 1 will beat the 4

hey were wrong xbox 360 excelled more than ps3 that year with price, X game chat
ps4 has everything the xbox1 has and better

NeverMiss
06-11-2013, 02:56 AM
Also defienace will most likely die out when Destiny or The division drop guarantee

Cl Chaos
06-11-2013, 03:02 AM
hey were wrong xbox 360 excelled more than ps3 that year with price, X game chat
ps4 has everything the xbox1 has and better

well only time will tell

no i believe that defiance will die in the next few days unfortunately :( i myself haven't played it for 5 days now cuz the bugs finally pushed me away

ctabako
06-11-2013, 03:05 AM

Hey buddy no you don't. It was announced last night that like the ps3 the ps4 will not charge you a sub to play online. PS Plus is once again an optional add on to your account and that extra features for your multiplayer experience will be included with it. Basic online game play is free. The xbox has announced it can charge a fee and will allow game makers on it's console do it for used games.

Cl Chaos
06-11-2013, 03:05 AM

so where are u getting this info? u have no links or nothing to pack up ur troll even screwed up ps4 is free to play online >< ya smooth one there buddy

nowhere dose it say u need to be signed in once every 24 hours or u cant play at all like come on clearly ppl go on holidays
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/06/06/microsoft-details-xbox-one-used-games-always-online look a link to destroy your sad attempt to bash One
One comes before 4

Cl Chaos
06-11-2013, 03:07 AM
Hey buddy no you don't. It was announced last night that like the ps3 the ps4 will not charge you a sub to play online. PS Plus is once again an optional add on to your account and that extra features for your multiplayer experience will be included with it. Basic online game play is free. The xbox has announced it can charge a fee and will allow game makers on it's console do it for used games.

and there u are no link here u go http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/10/you-have-to-pay-to-play-online-for-playstation-4/ need to play for PS4

Cl Chaos
06-11-2013, 03:07 AM
just in case u don't believe that one http://www.neowin.net/news/playstation-4-online-multiplayer-gaming-is-no-longer-free

Ferah
06-11-2013, 03:08 AM
Fingers crossed & waiting for PS4. Just hope your Xbox one don't start to smoke after a week because of it's awesomeness.
i lol'd. i'd even put money on it

NeverMiss
06-11-2013, 03:10 AM
xbox requires to be always online while ps4 requires you to pay to play online
xbox offline mode is 1 hour maximum and ps4 can play offline

ctabako
06-11-2013, 03:10 AM
and there u are no link here u go http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/10/you-have-to-pay-to-play-online-for-playstation-4/ need to play for PS4

Not what they announced last night but either way xbox is in a lot of trouble

Ferah
06-11-2013, 03:14 AM
i really dont get this console war crap. obviously most of the kids will want an xbox because its name starts with an "X". (wasn't that a 90's trend?). the gamers will go to playstation, end of story.
i personally will get a ps4 because i'm not willing to mangle my hands to fit that frankenstein lay out on the xbox controller

Cl Chaos
06-11-2013, 03:14 AM
Not what they announced last night but either way xbox is in a lot of trouble

sounds like it is bud but idk this could be a fake video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o7y9cPl-zc

MiikeyTV
06-11-2013, 03:20 AM
$100 more than a PS4

Just to let you know the PS3 was sold for $599 when it was first released, way more than the Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

BrassRazoo
06-11-2013, 03:22 AM
xbox requires to be always online while ps4 requires you to pay to play online
xbox offline mode is 1 hour maximum and ps4 can play offline

That is not correct.
PS4 requires PS+ to play online multiplayer and online co-op, just like Xbox Live Gold.

The 1 Hour sign in only applies when you play a game on another console, not your own, not that I see why you would be offline when playing somewhere else as you want to access your profile.

Anyone can play a game on your Xbox One Console.

You can trade any game on the Xbox One, just like you can on the Xbox 360.
Developers can put a price on re-licensing the second hand product, so the buyer may have to pay more, but that is up to the developers, I do not believe it is mandatory.

Cl Chaos
06-11-2013, 03:25 AM
That is not correct.
PS4 requires PS+ to play online multiplayer and online co-op, just like Xbox Live Gold.

The 1 Hour sign in only applies when you play a game on another console, not your own, not that I see why you would be offline when playing somewhere else as you want to access your profile.

Anyone can play a game on your Xbox One Console.

You can trade any game on the Xbox One, just like you can on the Xbox 360.
Developers can put a price on re-licensing the second hand product, so the buyer may have to pay more, but that is up to the developers, I do not believe it is mandatory.

yay another defender of the one :D (one console to rule them all)

i posted links but sony ppl are slow

JxSiN
06-11-2013, 03:29 AM

Seems like your delusions are incorrect sir. PS3 has overtaken Xbox in 2013.

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2013/01/ps3-overtakes-xbox-360-in-global-sales-figures/

MiikeyTV
06-11-2013, 03:31 AM

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2013/01/ps3-overtakes-xbox-360-in-global-sales-figures/

But, how long did it take Sony to overtake Microsoft?

Ferah
06-11-2013, 03:34 AM
only took as long as it took for the xbox generation to grow mature enough to realize and own their mistake of buying into an xbox in the first place. xbox sales were only high because people had to replace ones that red ringed or blew up in smoke

BrassRazoo
yay another defender of the one :D (one console to rule them all)

i posted links but sony ppl are slow

I'm not a defender just adding a little fact.
I play on PC.
I did prefer my 360 though.
I sold my PS3 as didn't get into the community and prefer the Xbox parties, chat system and achievements.
Not sure which way I will go with the next consoles, may wait a while and see.
Still got GTA V and Saints Row 4 to go for me, so should keep me busy.

duction

What makes me laugh is xbox put more hardware in the console and lower the price over time and ps take stuff Away and OUT of the console and lower the price.

Wool well and truley pulled over the ps buyers eyes lol

Cl Chaos
06-11-2013, 03:37 AM

um that was written on jan 10 according to this one http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1760932/xbox_360_sales_still_better_than_ps3_npd.html written jan 11 360 still holds the lead

Cl Chaos
06-11-2013, 03:39 AM
I'm not a defender just adding a little fact.
I play on PC.
I did prefer my 360 though.
I sold my PS3 as didn't get into the community and prefer the Xbox parties and chat system.
Not sure which way I will go with the next consoles, may wait a while and see.
Still got GTA V and Saints Row 4 to go for me, so should keep me busy.

i use to enjoy PS for gta but MS ended up getting it and to me the xbox was the better so i never bought a ps3 and got ride of my old ps2 to buy xbox games lol

JxSiN
06-11-2013, 03:50 AM

When they both came out I was working at a major electronics retailer. My personal experience then was more people had problems with xbox, but xbox had exclusives they wanted.

To be honest, all this is, and ever has been since Nintendo vs. Sega, is " my system is better because that's the one I choose, so therefor I'm right." It doesn't matter what people will say, I'll choose Sony based on personal experience.

marshy
06-11-2013, 03:52 AM
Do people even want defiance on the next gen? There's going to be sooooooooo many better games just to name a few
1. Elder scrolls online
2. Destiny
3. Final fantasy xv
4. Mad max
5. Infamous
6. Witcher 3

Cl Chaos
06-11-2013, 03:52 AM
When they both came out I was working at a major electronics retailer. My personal experience then was more people had problems with xbox, but xbox had exclusives they wanted.

To be honest, all this is, and ever has been since Nintendo vs. Sega, is " my system is better because that's the one I choose, so therefor I'm right." It doesn't matter what people will say, I'll choose Sony based on personal experience.

nintendo vs sega i was on both :D lol...miss sega though

Cl Chaos
06-11-2013, 03:53 AM
Do people even want defiance on the next gen? There's going to be sooooooooo many better games just to name a few
1. Elder scrolls online
2. Destiny
3. Final fantasy xv
4. Mad max
5. Infamous
6. Witcher 3

i dont why? all the bugs that are "fixed" now be back on the next gen lol

JxSiN
06-11-2013, 03:54 AM
BTW, if you wanna base which system is better based on total sales, neither win

Worldwide sales figures[edit]
1.Wii 99.84 million as of 31 March 2013[8]
2.PlayStation 3 70 million as of 4 November 2012[53] (IDC January 2013 estimate: "about 77 million")[54][55]
3.Xbox 360 74.94 million as of 31 December 2012[56]

Japan sales figures[edit]
1.Wii 12.71 million as of 31 March 2013[8]
2.PlayStation 3 6.3 million as of 1 April 2011[57]
3.Xbox 360 1.6 million

Europe sales figures[edit]
1.Wii 49.37 million as of 31 March 2013[8]
2.PlayStation 3 24.23 million as of December 2010[58]
3.Xbox 360 23.73 million as of December 2010[58]

United States sales figures[edit]
1.Wii 47.75 million as of 10 August 2010[59]
2.PlayStation 3 - 39.6 million as of 14 April 2010[60]
3.Xbox 360 39.4 million as of 31 December 2009[61]

NeverMiss
06-11-2013, 03:56 AM
Lol xbox is always online you have to be online in atleast 24hours
There is a used games fees.
You can borrow your xbox game to somebody for a total of 30 DAYS

marshy
i dont why? all the bugs that are "fixed" now be back on the next gen lol

The title of the thread says next gen defiance on ps4. So I wanted to know who would want to play this game on a next gen console

Cl Chaos
lol i saw the same stats to but this isnt about the wii lmao

Cl Chaos
06-11-2013, 03:57 AM
The title of the thread says next gen defiance on ps4. So I wanted to know who would want to play this game on a next gen console

and i said i dont and gave my reason being bugs

NeverMiss
06-11-2013, 03:59 AM
In part of sales Wii U will past them bith especially when they announce smash bros in 2 hours starting now
Sony learned from their mistake and making Xbox pay for it the hard way

NeverMiss
06-11-2013, 04:00 AM
OT
This game will be very bad on next gen glad its not getting port over. I also dont feel sorry for ppl that bought the season pass

Cl Chaos
06-11-2013, 04:04 AM
In part of sales Wii U will past them bith especially when they announce smash bros in 2 hours starting now
Sony learned from their mistake and making Xbox pay for it the hard way

but if the 4 beats one microsoft will look at what has f*** them over change the plan evolve and come back again seems microsoft is greedy they will do what it takes to make the most money

BrassRazoo
06-11-2013, 04:05 AM
1. Elder scrolls online
2. Destiny
3. Final fantasy xv
4. Mad max
5. Infamous
6. Witcher 3

Exactly.
With that list, and all the other exciting new stuff to come on the next consoles, I think many games people are currently playing in November / December will take a back seat for a while.

Arcisen
06-11-2013, 04:06 AM
1. Elder scrolls online
2. Destiny
3. Final fantasy xv
4. Mad max
5. Infamous
6. Witcher 3

dont forget Planetside 2 - Warframe - War Thunder - Blacklight Retribution

Defiance will be lost

Saravind
06-11-2013, 04:13 AM

i think you will find the wii is the strongest console each and every month

marshy
06-11-2013, 04:14 AM
Exactly.
With that list, and all the other exciting new stuff to come on the next consoles, I think many games people are currently playing in November / December will take a back seat for a while.

I'm so hyped for next gen and all the games

Fatalmephisto
06-11-2013, 04:21 AM
dont forget Planetside 2 - Warframe - War Thunder - Blacklight Retribution

Defiance will be lost

Defiance won't be lost at all among those games. Hell did Lord of the Rings online get lost when it the game came out at first? It was a nice bump for them at first then died out and when they went free to play like Defiance is (Well buy to play and then free to play after you buy it) each MMO out there takes a while before the developers decided to shut the servers. I mean while Destiny looks great for a FPS MMO, along with Elder scrolls online and the division. Defiance will still have its fans and leavers. All MMO's are like that. Same goes with the ones i just mentioned. The question is, will Bungie actually take feedback from the fans and bring stuff they want into there game? that is the real question that needs to be answered. Also the 3 games i mentioned are the only games i have interest in for the PS4.

marshy
06-11-2013, 04:29 AM
Defiance won't be lost at all among those games. Hell did Lord of the Rings online get lost when it the game came out at first? It was a nice bump for them at first then died out and when they went free to play like Defiance is (Well buy to play and then free to play after you buy it) each MMO out there takes a while before the developers decided to shut the servers. I mean while Destiny looks great for a FPS MMO, along with Elder scrolls online and the division. Defiance will still have its fans and leavers. All MMO's are like that. Same goes with the ones i just mentioned. The question is, will Bungie actually take feedback from the fans and bring stuff they want into there game? that is the real question that needs to be answered. Also the 3 games i mentioned are the only games i have interest in for the PS4.

IMO I don't see how the game will survive its not as if its a big hit now and there ain't no descant games out yet. Coming real soon tho is
1. Last of us
2. GTA
3. Grand turismo
5. FF XIV online
6. Lost planet 3

loops73
06-11-2013, 04:29 AM

wrong...the camera does not allow people to see and hear in your home,in fact it can be shut off like any other device. The xbox also does not lock out used games,and is not $100 more,they are the same exact price. You either do not know anything about the new xbox or are just a troll. The ps4 has already lost the console war.

Cl Chaos
06-11-2013, 04:34 AM
wrong...the camera does not allow people to see and hear in your home,in fact it can be shut off like any other device. The xbox also does not lock out used games,and is not $100 more,they are the same exact price. You either do not know anything about the new xbox or are just a troll. The ps4 has already lost the console war.

i posted links but he too dumb lol, i agree with u i mean what are we getting? idk maybe Killer Instinct WOOOOO i can see the sales of that game now lol

Assasino
06-11-2013, 04:35 AM

Really
PS4 is double the power, can play used games and does not require to be online once every 24hrs
crapboxone=fail

And here comes the other idiot

Fatalmephisto
06-11-2013, 04:37 AM
IMO I don't see how the game will survive its not as if its a big hit now and there ain't no descant games out yet. Coming real soon tho is
1. Last of us
2. GTA
3. Grand turismo
5. FF XIV online
6. Lost planet 3

Single player games to make Defiance shut down? Yeah no, however FF 14 a realm reborn will also not kill off Defiance. Remember that game is a different form of MMO plus its a Subscription based game which turns alot of console gamers off when they have to pay for that sorta stuff. While yes Defiance is starting off as a ROCKY bump right now, it will pick up more once more content comes out. Hell if Trion really wants to release a Free To Play Client up on the PSN and 360 store. They can and prob will if the sales and population on each platform is low. Yet where it stands right now, for all we know Trion could very well be adding in more stuff we want into this first DLC. Just have to wait and see.

Cl Chaos
@Assasino

the one doesn't either ><

itll update while off and stay connected but guess what so does my cell phone urs his and everyone else's phone why r so many of u making it a big deal? its nothing new the 360 is always online ><

duction
Double the power? Really? I call ******** on that lol. And don't put ddr5 is better then ddr3 because the ps used gddr5 not ddr5, the most current and fastest general ram is ddr3, gddr5 is for graphics.

Assasino
06-11-2013, 04:40 AM
Yes double the power it has already been stated by gaming sites
heck i am sure PC gamers can chime in as well
Just like spec wise the PS3 was more powerful then the 360

Cl Chaos
06-11-2013, 04:43 AM
Yes double the power it has already been stated by gaming sites
heck i am sure PC gamers can chime in as well
Just like spec wise the PS3 was more powerful then the 360

um links? lets see

Fatalmephisto
06-11-2013, 04:46 AM
um links? lets see

He's right the PS3 was more powerful but in regards to the Cell Processor. Hell even to this day Developers can't even fully utilize the cell to its max due to low ram issues and what not. Yet Sony did ditch the cell for the PS4 since Developers hate working with the damn thing.

Chidy1776
06-11-2013, 04:52 AM

I agree with this mostly and well probably buy a ps4. Deffinetly not buying xbone. But i will correct u that i dnt think ps4 is free online. Pretty sure it has a $5 monthly fee to play multiplayer online. This is good though as it means better servers than the current ones.

Danzo
06-11-2013, 04:52 AM

How can you expect anyone to take a thing you say seriously when you didn't even bother to check the price?

Xbox One - $499 (http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Console-Day-Edition/dp/B00CMQTVK0/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370950980&sr=8-1&keywords=xbox+one)

PS4 - $399 (http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4/dp/B00BGA9WK2/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370951084&sr=8-1&keywords=ps4)

In regards to the camera, it can only be turned off if the Xbox itself is turned off. Currently there is no switch allowing you to turn it off and you cannot unplug it due to it being hardwired into the Xbox One.

Assasino
06-11-2013, 04:55 AM
http://www.digitalspy.ca/gaming/news/a483743/ps4-has-50-percent-more-raw-power-in-graphics-than-xbox-one-says-report.html
or a better one here
http://www.dashhacks.com/ps4/ps4-news/ps4-has-50-more-power-than-the-xbox-one.html

I am pretty sure i had read it in a gaming mag as well.

And back on topic- i tend to agree that if Defiance makes it at all next gen it will be on PS4
as the issue of xone always needing a connection every 24hrs would not work well for Defiance as we all know it is plagued with server disconnects and what not so it may be an issue

Haffoc
06-11-2013, 05:44 AM
so where are u getting this info? u have no links or nothing to pack up ur troll even screwed up ps4 is free to play online >< ya smooth one there buddy

nowhere dose it say u need to be signed in once every 24 hours or u cant play at all like come on clearly ppl go on holidays
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/06/06/microsoft-details-xbox-one-used-games-always-online look a link to destroy your sad attempt to bash One
One comes before 4

I guess you missed this part of the IGN post you linked to - you provided the proof for what he was saying yourself.

"With Xbox One you can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library. Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection"

Notice, you must sign in once every 24 hours to continue playing offline.

As for trading games, well you can only do that to people that have been on your friends list for 30 days and only once. Third party developers may opt out of allowing reselling of their games and are totally free to demand money to allow the a resell through participating retailers.

It's all in that IGN link.

epic beast
06-11-2013, 07:16 AM
Also defienace will most likely die out when Destiny or The division drop guarantee

That and elder scrolls online cant beleave thats coming to xbox!!!

epic beast
06-11-2013, 07:39 AM
Really
PS4 is double the power, can play used games and does not require to be online once every 24hrs
crapboxone=fail

ok just to make it simple for you...the whole 24 hour thing is NOTHING. it means if your by a friend logged in to your account, it needs to be re logged in, in 24 hours or it goes back to your own xbox! ps4 will flop just wait and see!

Thee Apothecary
06-11-2013, 07:44 AM

I agree but if they do and im guessing characters can be transfered by system they have to allow 360 players to migrate there characters to pc or playstation even if its at a price

Smoky
06-11-2013, 07:50 AM

The 360 had a head start plus a price advantage at launch. I've been an Xbox gamer since the original xbox but now I'm seriously considering the PS4. Mainly because I don't want the kinect, I don't care about the integrated media (i.e. NFL, cable hookups, etc.). I buy a gaming console to play games, and it seems like Microsoft is trying to do too many things I don't care about.

IGears
06-11-2013, 08:33 AM
does not require to be online once every 24hrs

im trying to figure out why would this be a Factor for any MMO???

Solo
06-11-2013, 08:43 AM

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr03/2013/2/8/19/anigif_enhanced-buzz-12262-1360368681-0_preview.gif

Solo
06-11-2013, 08:45 AM
ok just to make it simple for you...the whole 24 hour thing is NOTHING. it means if your by a friend logged in to your account, it needs to be re logged in, in 24 hours or it goes back to your own xbox! ps4 will flop just wait and see!

http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2009/2/8/128786117442515461.jpg

KillAlot V2
06-11-2013, 08:47 AM

watched the division yesterday was blown away and yeah i agree why would people buy the same game twice to have nothing better i mean look at the pc graphics just now lol

Hope499
06-11-2013, 09:12 AM
This all points to Defiance only going to the PS4 if it makes a next gen jump.

So, just to confirm, you have no idea like everyone else? Your title makes it seem like you have a source or something.

Well, XBOX ONE will be better, because I THINK it will shoot rainbow pooping monkeys....?

I hear ya on the XBOX one looking like junk...but making thread titles that sound 100% but in actuality, is just you guessing, is annoying bra

Big_John_72
06-11-2013, 09:24 AM

Where in the world did you hear that you have to pay to play on PSN? That's simply not true. Playstation plus is and will remain an optional service on PSN. Every player on PSN has access to play any online game with PSPlus.

Hope499
06-11-2013, 09:26 AM
My boy was saying as well you have to pay to play online with Ps4.

Dunno if its true, but if it is? Wow Ps4, you could have WON this console war so easily....dummys

Kronik
06-11-2013, 09:27 AM
Ill be getting a ps4 as will anyone that actually researches the consoles, to buy an Xbox you truly have to be daft.

1. Kinect: Microsoft says they won't watch you actively this does not mean search programs by them to key in on certain words phrases products in house etcetera, you don't have to believe me but research P.R.I.S.M.

2. DRM: I can understand DRM on digital content but making your physical copies of the game basically a download disc that you can do nothing with unless you decide to take it to an approved reseller that will access your Xbox and remove all game content from your system to buy your game at an even lower price then it is now, once again don't believe me just look at Xbox one homepage.

3. Trading is wayyyy to difficult: So we have no physical friends anymore??? Why is this only able to happen once, and besides multiplayer games how often do you go to your friends house to let them play a game while you sit there to resign in to your account so they can access it. I know its 2013 but you remember single player games right, forget letting people borrow those.

4. Always online: I understand its already hooked up but what if Xbox gets hacked, what if you can't pay Internet for a bit, what if servers take a crap, what if your military and you can't have it hooked up. No more LAN parties for halo take it offline you own a 500 dollar paperweight.

5. 500gig hard drive: yes this was impressive until you find out all you games will be stored on it, how long will that hard drive last? Remember if you remove a game you have to repay to access the download codes. Have fun buying Xbox removable hard drives for your collection.

6. RAM: Your snap and grab Xbox go home uses 3gigs of ram leaving 5gigs of ram for game and graphics, this will show age in time not at release, however it drastically limits future exclusives and graphics due to higher demands in ram. Enjoy playing less powerful dumbed down ports in 5 years.

7. Customer service: Xbox created a flawed system with release of Xbox 360, remember red ring the surprise death of your Xbox, Microsoft knew it happened that's why they put an indicator to inform you when it happened, yet proceeded to blame people for using their Xbox and not honoring their warranty agreement, deeming you we're the one to blame. I've had one ps3 fry and Sony had a new one to me in two weeks.

As I've said before you will choose what you choose, I've made my choice Sony learned from ps3 mistakes, developing games will be easy to do, indie games will not have to find a publisher, playstation network is getting everything it needed, and its cheaper. If your buying a Xbox that's you prerogative, just realize what statement your making to industries that are trying to nickel and dime you for everything, that its ok.

Hope499
06-11-2013, 09:34 AM
LOL, looking at Xbox ONES game relase news...

lol, man they are pathetic...STILL no original thought??? STILLLL???

Forza 5? Cod 9? Assasin creed 6? Battlefied 4? A BUNCH of spots games? (all sports games suck, I don't care, well except maybe NBA jam, mutant league hockey or blitz and like 3 others)

Its all re-hashed CRAP, man I really am hating all this next gen console news...it almost ALL sounds bad

Hope499
06-11-2013, 09:38 AM
Ill be getting a ps4 as will anyone that actually researches the consoles, to buy an Xbox you truly have to be daft.

1. Kinect: Microsoft says they won't watch you actively this does not mean search programs by them to key in on certain words phrases products in house etcetera, you don't have to believe me but research P.R.I.S.M.

2. DRM: I can understand DRM on digital content but making your physical copies of the game basically a download disc that you can do nothing with unless you decide to take it to an approved reseller that will access your Xbox and remove all game content from your system to buy your game at an even lower price then it is now, once again don't believe me just look at Xbox one homepage.

3. Trading is wayyyy to difficult: So we have no physical friends anymore??? Why is this only able to happen once, and besides multiplayer games how often do you go to your friends house to let them play a game while you sit there to resign in to your account so they can access it. I know its 2013 but you remember single player games right, forget letting people borrow those.

4. Always online: I understand its already hooked up but what if Xbox gets hacked, what if you can't pay Internet for a bit, what if servers take a crap, what if your military and you can't have it hooked up. No more LAN parties for halo take it offline you own a 500 dollar paperweight.

5. 500gig hard drive: yes this was impressive until you find out all you games will be stored on it, how long will that hard drive last? Remember if you remove a game you have to repay to access the download codes. Have fun buying Xbox removable hard drives for your collection.

6. RAM: Your snap and grab Xbox go home uses 3gigs of ram leaving 5gigs of ram for game and graphics, this will show age in time not at release, however it drastically limits future exclusives and graphics due to higher demands in ram. Enjoy playing less powerful dumbed down ports in 5 years.

7. Customer service: Xbox created a flawed system with release of Xbox 360, remember red ring the surprise death of your Xbox, Microsoft knew it happened that's why they put an indicator to inform you when it happened, yet proceeded to blame people for using their Xbox and not honoring their warranty agreement, deeming you we're the one to blame. I've had one ps3 fry and Sony had a new one to me in two weeks.

As I've said before you will choose what you choose, I've made my choice Sony learned from ps3 mistakes, developing games will be easy to do, indie games will not have to find a publisher, playstation network is getting everything it needed, and its cheaper. If your buying a Xbox that's you prerogative, just realize what statement your making to industries that are trying to nickel and dime you for everything, that its ok.

Most of that's right, but the customer service part is just daft of you to say.

EVERYONE got their 360 replaced free of charge, sorry to disappoint you. If you know someone who didn't? ya they get taken for a sucker lol

Indra Echo
06-11-2013, 09:39 AM

The new one will not be-look at the system before making blanket statements like that. It's designed to be easier for programmers. And here's the other thing, just because programmers were largely too lazy to learn how to effectively program for the PS3, doesn't mean the system was defective-it means the programmers were. Exclusive PS3 games are amazing, graphically superior and generally run with far fewer glitches and bugs than do cross platform or xbox exclusives. I own both and like both, but I have also played games that are cross platform and there are some that have a more dynamic graphic range as well on the PS3-on the xbox these games have to be played "darker" because if you use brighter settings they look more pixelated or you well see the separation of gradations of color and shading. Mass Effect 3 is one example. The graphics looks smoother.

There are many open questions right now about the xbox 1-one of them being the "always on" feature of Kinect. It is a real concern since it's well known that webcams on laptops and such can be hacked and be used to spy on their owners. And the internet "always on" feature that MS was promoting has now been whittled down to "on every 24 hours". They may be forced to yet again change their minds especially due to what Sony has planned.

Competition is a great thing, but MS has always tried to promote a "destroy your competition" kind of thing. I don't think it's going to work this time. For one thing they are now licensing blu ray from Sony.

And some devs are announcing already their plans to create games for both. EA opened that door a few years ago by insisting cross platform was the only way to go. And it is what is best for consumers. So it's also best to stop fighting over which system is best. Understand the strengths and weaknesses of all of them and force them to make them better because they have to compete.

Kronik
06-11-2013, 09:43 AM
I never got a replacement after my first replacement on Xbox guy on customer service told me they were not honoring the red ring on Xbox due to me putting it somwhere it could overheat, not making this up it happened to me.

Even if I was being gypped or made a fool of that's pretty crappy for a customer service guy to say to me.

So ok ill throw that one out but even if I loose that argument there's still 6 up there.

Murzin
06-11-2013, 09:44 AM
the PS4 holds the technological edge over the xboxone

just like last generation.

GPU:
PS4: AMD 7850 M, 1 gig reserved DDR5 system ram, on die
Xbox: same as above, but DDR3 ram, and lower clock rate

for comparison, the 7850 M is the laptop GPU and is as powerful as an nvidia 460. it will be a much less powerful version as they are using a custom fabrication system, and will occupy 2 dies on a 6 die cpu layout. it will feature lower clock speeds and lower discrete units and lower computational power.

CPU:
PS4: Jaguar AMD CPU with the APU ( gpu above ) on-die which eliminates many throughput systems as it is near instantaneous transfer between GPU and CPU as they sit on the same die. this architecture is designed to provide AMD an "in" on laptops, tablets, and cell phones. they will be made on a 6 die CPU layout, with the GPU cores getting 2 die slots, and the other 4 going for the CPU dies. of those 4, one is reserved for the OS, leaving the other 3 open for apps with when running 5.1 or 7.1 sound systems one of the spare CPUs will take the load off the CPU for sound processing leaving less than the full 3 CPUs for the apps.
Xbox: same as above, but again lower clocks.

PS4 is expected to run at a 2.1-2.3 ghz, xbox 1.8-1.9 ghz. additionally for the xbox, they have stated that of the 6 original dies, 2 is gpu, and 2 is the os, and 2 for apps, most likely due to kinect processing getting a dedicated CPU core.

now microsoft is not saying anything about this, BUT sony has admitted that the PS4 will be able to draw blu-ray disc's at their native 1080 without upscaling, but when playing games it will run at a native 1/2 1080 or 960x540 at 60 FPS with upscaling technology. the xbox is running lower clock speeds so it is unknown if they can do the 1080 native for blu-ray and if they are even going to be able to do the 960x540 native @ 60 FPS like the PS4 of it will be a lower native resolution for games/blu-ray.

it appears that the maximum texture size for xbox is 32x32 k, which is a vast improvement over the old xbox texture size of 8x8 k, but nowhere near the standard PC texture size of 64x64, high of 128x128, or ultra high texture size of 256x256k. no word on the PS4 yet.

both will be running a 32 bit OS while maintaining 64 bit hardware other than the GPU which is a 256 bit hardware, while using the extended memory manager system allowing them to address more than 3.5 gigs of ram. they will be running a 42 bit memory manager to allow them to see/access the full 8 gigs of ram.

who comes out on top?

easy, the PC.

Omnifarious Xji
06-11-2013, 09:54 AM
Really
crapboxone=fail

Just saying, Microsoft was paid by the ESA and the kinect is part of Prism. It's always on, regardless of it being on "pause." If it can hear you saying "Xbox on," then it can hear everything else you say. This thing can recognize everything about you. They'll watch your eye movement and facial expressions to see if you're watching the ads or not, and if you are, then they will reward you, just like a rat. I don't know about you, but something that can detect my heart rate, listen to everything I say, and examine my facial expressions and eye movement patterns? No thank you, that's a risk I'm not wiling to take. Microsoft says they won't be using it to spy on you, bullsh*t! If they don't, some random punk will! I refuse to believe that it's "hack proof." If the Government's top security agencies aren't, then there's no way Microsoft is.

It's just like the phone records the Government pulled. Yeah sure, you may not have listened to exactly what I said over the phone, but they know where I called from, what type of phone I called from, when I called from it, how long the call was, who I called, and where they were at the time I called them. That's faaar more dangerous. Like that reporter said, they could get people killed with that. Oh, I wonder who Cindy's contact on the inside of so and so's branch is? Let's check the phone records! Oh look! It's bob in accounting, she calls him everyday for 20 minutes at 3pm while he's in the bathroom on his break, let's go have a talk with him, shall we?

greatdividers
06-11-2013, 09:57 AM
*tinfoilhat*

the PRISM thing came out at the worst possible time for xbone. i lol'd.

PC MASTER RACE!

MrE78
06-11-2013, 10:07 AM
The battle begins anew.

I have owned every system except a neo geo gold so I have never been X is by far better the Y and Z it all comes down to personal (read the word personal) likes.
I will buy both systems when they come out I will get exclusive games only and flip a coin for cross platform games.

on paper PS4 seems better however I think the XboX has a more future proof feel with the cloud based system. This is just my personal thoughts for now.

Arcisen
06-11-2013, 10:11 AM
you will have to pay at least $5 a month now on ps4 to play multiplayer via plus,

but i have been a plus member since day 1 in eu and 40 a year is a bargin you will get that worth of content in 2 months with the games alone if not one month,

example This month eu got demon souls, ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Classics HD, Catherine, The Cave, Malicious, Velocity Ultra, Little bigplanet karting, xcom, uncharted 3 all for 40 a year that money well spent imo

PSN Plus

xilfxlegion
06-11-2013, 10:16 AM
i think if ps4 announced that they would have party chat like we do on xbox, that would be all she wrote

MagellanD
06-11-2013, 10:18 AM
i think if ps4 announced that they would have party chat like we do on xbox, that would be all she wrote

They mentioned something along the lines of Network/Friend channels. From the looks of it (no deets yet though) it will be similar to your party type chat.

Haspyo
06-11-2013, 10:32 AM

Are you... Are you serious? You can only trade in your games at pre-allowed retailers, so your trade value just dropped. You can lend them to a friend... If they've been your friend on XboxLive for 30 days... And they can only borrow it for 30 days... And you can only lend it to ONE friend... The PlayStation 4 has better hardware, it's cheaper, you don't need to connect once every 24 hours... Did you watch anything from E3? I'm sorry, but at this moment, and unless something HUGE changes, the XboxOne will NOT have a market with gamers. It will have a market with kids that don't understand the difference, and parents that are too lazy to understand.

Murzin
06-11-2013, 10:35 AM
on paper PS4 seems better however I think the XboX has a more future proof feel with the cloud based system. This is just my personal thoughts for now.

whenever you hear someone talk about "the cloud", replace that phrase with "your stuff on someone elses system that they own and control and let you access" and that would be more accurate.

ironcladtrash
06-11-2013, 11:00 AM
Here are two links that after anyone looks at should not support the new XBox One.

http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-one-just-had-a-very-bad-day-511766497

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/e3-2013-playstation-4-supports-used-games-dont-require-online-connection

I love my 360 and wouldn't play the PS3 if you gave me on for free, but this morning I pre ordered the PS4. Anyone who is supporting Microsoft's stance on the next gen consoles is either ill informed, trolling or works for Microsoft.

Tyrannos
06-11-2013, 11:06 AM
Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. Please do not create threads that are intended to mislead or trick others. This is not constructive, and is considered baiting and trolling.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@defiance.com.

Thank you!