PDA

View Full Version : The usual crash clean up (from patch notes 1.021)

Castles
06-11-2013, 05:30 AM
unreal, they even post "The usual crash clean up." from the launcher notes. very sad for Trion, with PS4 and Destiny down the road.... i have a year sub to Rift and paid full price for PC Defiance, still waiting for the games to be playable...

TheBowman
06-11-2013, 06:36 AM
I'm playing it.

Dropy
06-11-2013, 07:18 AM
I have no problem playing Defiance.

3rdpig
06-11-2013, 10:05 AM
It's running fine for me. Some minor glitches, but nothing that's preventing me from playing or from having fun playing.

ironhands
06-11-2013, 10:21 AM
i have a year sub to Rift and paid full price for PC Defiance, still waiting for the games to be playable...

you can't play rift or defiance? sound like an issue on your end

Ensu
06-11-2013, 07:06 PM
unreal, they even post "The usual crash clean up." from the launcher notes. very sad for Trion, with PS4 and Destiny down the road.... i have a year sub to Rift and paid full price for PC Defiance, still waiting for the games to be playable...

It could be a port problem between you and Trion's servers. I had this problem with Rift at its launch, BT was blocking certain ports because they were commonly used by p2p programs. Trion used these ports, so the connection between me and the server was choked. Problem was fixed either on Trion's end or BT's. I can't remember. Anyway, you might be with an ISP that still blocks said ports, or on a network that blocks them. Check with support.

c4l1d3n
06-11-2013, 07:56 PM
I didn't start that long ago and have had very little trouble with the game running and it's only crashed/locked up on me once. Now 1000 EGO later sure there are bugs and glaring things that need to be fixed but I've seen much worse... Hellgate London, D&D: Neverwinter etc. I agree with the person above that it sounds like an issue on your side of things.

Skeety
06-11-2013, 08:40 PM
Games, as in plural? What's wrong with Rift? It's going F2P on Sunday, June 16th, last I heard and I was considering playing it again for a while since I have (or had) several high level characters on it and my own well stocked guild bank. Or at least I did. I haven't played it for over a year. If they stole my guild and its bank content then no, I won't ever play or give them money lol. Is Rift borked and unplayable somehow now?