PDA

View Full Version : getting worried the dlc will not be annouced at e3 now..

Blueandwhite87
06-11-2013, 07:41 AM
still nothing from trion? i was 99 percent sure this would be announced at e3..

Chidy1776
06-11-2013, 07:48 AM
still nothing from trion? i was 99 percent sure this would be announced at e3..

Ive been saying this since he plague started, but i dont think well hear anything official till after the plague event is o er. I say this because one, theyre using the plague as a marketing point and i dont think it would work to try and push both at once. Two ive felt even more strongly about this by recent official stamements that well ha e information soon. Id bet that in one or two weeks of the plague finishing well have a release date and information will gradually come out about the dlc as time goes on and they hype it more and more. Im excitdd for the dlc but im really glad we have these events and eosiode missions to occupy us during the inbetweens of major content releases.

Era
06-11-2013, 07:51 AM
Ive been saying this since he plague started, but i dont think well hear anything official till after the plague event is o er. I say this because one, theyre using the plague as a marketing point and i dont think it would work to try and push both at once. Two ive felt even more strongly about this by recent official stamements that well ha e information soon. Id bet that in one or two weeks of the plague finishing well have a release date and information will gradually come out about the dlc as time goes on and they hype it more and more. Im excitdd for the dlc but im really glad we have these events and eosiode missions to occupy us during the inbetweens of major content releases.

You obviously don't remember when they pushed out both the most wanted and the elemental hellbug content at once and had the two conflict.

And honestly they were supposed to drop DLC week 6 originally so I don't think they're too worried about conflicts.

Anyway, if it ISN'T DLC I can't imagine what it is, the E3 presentation is supposed to be on Defiance. Are we going FTP already?

ItISLupus
06-11-2013, 07:54 AM
I too, was certain that they'd announce here. Honestly, I can't complain, i've got a new hobby occupying my time until i get something new. (I already have my character planned out for Charge weapons)

ItISLupus
06-11-2013, 07:54 AM
You obviously don't remember when they pushed out both the most wanted and the elemental hellbug content at once and had the two conflict.

And honestly they were supposed to drop DLC week 6 originally so I don't think they're too worried about conflicts.

Anyway, if it ISN'T DLC I can't imagine what it is, the E3 presentation is supposed to be on Defiance. Are we going FTP already?

When is this presentation?

EDIT: Googled it, tomorrow at 5pm, Pretty sure that's pst

Chidy1776
06-11-2013, 07:58 AM

Do u have a link to anything about dlc on week 6. Im curiouse about this because i see everyone talk about late dlc but was always confused on why, since the game is only a few months old. Also sometimes they might push multille things at once, but the dlc is pretty big and i would think theyd want to oush it alone from a marketing standpoint. Id be perfectly happy if we did get the info sooner rather than later though.

MagellanD
06-11-2013, 08:05 AM
With everything that is being announced I'm sure the defiance DLC will be left in the back of peoples minds.
Especially after the shellacking that Sony just game M$ last night.

Chevota
06-11-2013, 08:05 AM
Theres still 3 full days of E3 left. Day 1 is for Heavies, which Trion/Defiance are not part. I assume we'll get some stuff by the end of the week.

Era
06-11-2013, 08:09 AM
You can look up the Community post where they delayed the DLC to fix the game. I don't remember where or when they said so but the original plan was to have 1.010 drop 2 weeks after launch, 1.020 drop 2 weeks after that, and DLC1 drop 2 weeks after that, but then the game launched as a buggy pile of shtako held together with duct tape and chewing gum.

Valanga
06-11-2013, 08:14 AM
With everything that is being announced I'm sure the defiance DLC will be left in the back of peoples minds.
Especially after the shellacking that Sony just game M$ last night.

Who is already interested in Defiance, will not let the DLC announcement left back in mind...

Of course console kids will be to busy ******* hard on the next CoD or Halo or whatever...

Wraieth
06-11-2013, 08:14 AM
You can look up the Community post where they delayed the DLC to fix the game. I don't remember where or when they said so but the original plan was to have 1.010 drop 2 weeks after launch, 1.020 drop 2 weeks after that, and DLC1 drop 2 weeks after that, but then the game launched as a buggy pile of shtako held together with duct tape and chewing gum.

To be honest i dont not exspect any dlc till mid to end of july actualy. I have suspected this for awhile and with the time clock ticking i believe its going to be true,

They will wait untill the first season of the show wraps up then release dlc to kinda keep people interested untill the show comes back on. I could be wrong but i honestly think thats what they are doing.

Hithlum
06-11-2013, 08:18 AM
If you look at the E3 schedule, you can see that Defiance time slot is on Thursday(or was it Wednesday). So before declaring all out panic, do some more research.

KillAlot V2
06-11-2013, 08:39 AM
im begining to think there is no dlc i mean how hard is it to give the community a little information like the dlc will drop sometime in june for example makes me think the dlc is no where near finished and there only just starting on it
if i could get my money back i would trion has turned into everything they set out not to be as of late and they think they can make it all better with a 25% xp boost what a joke

MagellanD
06-11-2013, 09:57 AM
Who is already interested in Defiance, will not let the DLC announcement left back in mind...

Of course console kids will be to busy ******* hard on the next CoD or Halo or whatever...

Those were not what peaked my interest to be honest.
I could give a rats buttocks about the new COD...YAY a DOG! Fable did that years ago GOOD Going Activision!

There is a larger handful interesting me and it's not that bungie game either. the game play didn't impress me.
The Division on the other hand may pick up the pieces of Defiance and run with a better (more beautiful) system.

And MGS yeah. that made me change my underwear. I've always loved the series.

ironhands
06-11-2013, 09:58 AM
The Division on the other hand may pick up the pieces of Defiance and run with a better (more beautiful) system.

is it only 4 player co-op like destiny though?

MagellanD
06-11-2013, 10:02 AM
is it only 4 player co-op like destiny though?

And this game?
Max Group for "Co-OP" instances is 4

Yes I know there are laggy sieges, arkfalls, and I do like shadow wars.

But at the end of the demo it "looked" like there was more than 4 in the PvP group.

Could be wrong but still looks WAY cool.

ironhands
06-11-2013, 10:03 AM
And this game?
Max Group for "Co-OP" instances is 4

Yes I know there are laggy sieges, arkfalls, and I do like shadow wars.

If there's no plans for the division to have anything beyond 4 player co-op, there's nothing to take from defiance

Muffinman
06-11-2013, 10:05 AM
http://instagram.com/p/abQ890Ksnk

http://instagram.com/p/abRVmVKsoI

MagellanD
06-11-2013, 10:07 AM
If there's no plans for the division to have anything beyond 4 player co-op, there's nothing to take from defiance

Like Arkfalls, Sieges are really co-op?
It's just a point on the map everyone runs to and shoots at stuff.

Whever somebody tries to get people focused you have a troll or newb telling them to **** and doing the opposite.
Everyone still kills the skitterlings and drives at arkfalls. What's "co-op" about that.

It's a single player (4 player team of friends) experience shared with a large population.

Shadow war (if anyone talks) is just a larger version of COD or Battleflied capture the point style of play. The large map makes it awesome but is it any more "co-op" than those?

Oh the missions? all the big ones (and Rynn's episodes) force you to LEAVE your group to take on the mission by yourself. That TOTALLY takes away from the co-op MMO element.

This game is classified as an MMO because yes massively there are tonnes of people online. is it Co-Op? not so much. It has the ability but falls short.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
06-11-2013, 10:13 AM
If you look at the E3 schedule, you can see that Defiance time slot is on Thursday(or was it Wednesday). So before declaring all out panic, do some more research.

It is slated for Thursday at 2:40 pm pst on stage 1 link below. Trion also have 2 private rooms with one of which for Defiance. Personally I hope they just release dlc #1 this week and then show some of the other new stuff they are working on. we already know about the first dlc, I want to see what else they have instore for us.

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/stage-1-day-3/

ironhands
06-11-2013, 10:14 AM
Like Arkfalls, Sieges are really co-op?
It's just a point on the map everyone runs to and shoots at stuff.

Whever somebody tries to get people focused you have a troll or newb telling them to **** and doing the opposite.
Everyone still kills the skitterlings and drives at arkfalls. What's "co-op" about that.

It's a single player (4 player team of friends) experience shared with a large population.

Shadow war (if anyone talks) is just a larger version of COD or Battleflied capture the point style of play. The large map makes it awesome but is it any more "co-op" than those?

Oh the missions? all the big ones (and Rynn's episodes) force you to LEAVE your group to take on the mission by yourself. That TOTALLY takes away from the co-op MMO element.

This game is classified as an MMO because yes massively there are tonnes of people online. is it Co-Op? not so much.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say... There's nothing The Division or Destiny can take from Defiance, because they are only shooters with a 4 player co-op. They certainly won't need to look at Defiance to make their co-op better, and if they are limiting themselves to ~4 player multiplayer, there's nothing in the sieges or arkfalls that they'd have any use for.

However, yes, it is co-operative gameplay because ultimately, everyone is there to achieve the same goal of personal advancement and completion of a level. It really becomes co-operative by default, if you aren't competing against the other players directly. You could argue that an arkfall is slightly competitive because of the leaderboards, but it would still likely fit the definition of co-operative gameplay, since you have no way of knowing how you compare to others until the end.