PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on dlc release

Wraieth
06-11-2013, 08:19 AM
To be honest i dont not exspect any dlc till mid to end of july actualy. I have suspected this for awhile and with the time clock ticking i believe its going to be true,

They will wait untill the first season of the show wraps up then release dlc to kinda keep people interested untill the show comes back on. I could be wrong but i honestly think thats what they are doing.

Omnifarious Xji
06-11-2013, 08:28 AM
It's going to be a while yet, (like months) that we can agree on.

Wraieth
06-11-2013, 08:32 AM
It's going to be a while yet, (like months) that we can agree on.

To be honest i hope we are wrong, but im afraid we are right. Wich is sad i understand there are alot of people happy with the way things are but there s also alot of people that is simply out of content. Alot of us dont consider the pursuits content but more of a thing to do when nothing is left.

And those that move on from the game due to what ever reason many may not return wich is lost income for trion. Resulting in less money for new developments in the game.

I truly hope trion can turn this around before the wasteland is realy just that.

abakai
06-11-2013, 08:35 AM
All that can be said with certainty is it's not out yet. Pointlessly speculating is pointless.

Omnifarious Xji
06-11-2013, 08:36 AM
To be honest i hope we are wrong, but im afraid we are right. Wich is sad i understand there are alot of people happy with the way things are but there s also alot of people that is simply out of content. Alot of us dont consider the pursuits content but more of a thing to do when nothing is left.

And those that move on from the game due to what ever reason many may not return wich is lost income for trion. Resulting in less money for new developments in the game.

I truly hope trion can turn this around before the wasteland is realy just that.
The sad thing is, I don't expect much from this DLC. This was supposed to launch very close to the TV show's first airing, to flesh the game out just a bit. Expect a character, a quick 15 minute dungeon, and some very poorly implemented weapons. Expect the animation quality for the sword swing to be at an ES IV: Oblivion level, and the Raptor to be a reskined Nomad.

IGears
06-11-2013, 08:40 AM
The sad thing is, I don't expect much from this DLC. This was supposed to launch very close to the TV show's first airing, to flesh the game out just a bit. Expect a character, a quick 15 minute dungeon, and some very poorly implemented weapons. Expect the animation quality for the sword swing to be at an ES IV: Oblivion level, and the Raptor to be a reskined Nomad.

that is exactly what im expecting and if its better than that, then i will be amazed.

Wraieth
06-11-2013, 08:41 AM
All that can be said with certainty is it's not out yet. Pointlessly speculating is pointless.

Its not pointless if its of interest to others. Just because you dont seem to care when it comes out dosnt mean others dont.

Its not a bash trion thread or even a whine thread its simply asking for thoughts on when it may come out.

Wraieth
06-11-2013, 08:43 AM
that is exactly what im expecting and if its better than that, then i will be amazed.

Idk i have a feeling there is more to it than the release notes mention. I am hopeing there is more map space and co-op maps included with it.

Myst
06-11-2013, 08:44 AM
Honestly...I don't know what to say the hype drive I had is slowly fading a bit and after E3 is fading a bit more. While I'll still get it because of the season pass in the UE. I wish we could get teased or something a bit more as to what's going on with it, but then again they are at E3 ( So I hear) so maybe that's where the teaser will be.

Wraieth
06-11-2013, 08:47 AM
Honestly...I don't know what to say the hype drive I had is slowly fading a bit and after E3 is fading a bit more. While I'll still get it because of the season pass in the UE. I wish we could get teased or something a bit more as to what's going on with it, but then again they are at E3 ( So I hear) so maybe that's where the teaser will be.

E3 or on the forums they should drop some teasers and atleast alittle info on a time frame if for no other reason to help boost interest. As it is right now they are loosing steam with alot of players wich is a bad thing for any game.

abakai
06-11-2013, 08:50 AM
Its not pointless if its of interest to others. Just because you dont seem to care when it comes out dosnt mean others dont.

Its not a bash trion thread or even a whine thread its simply asking for thoughts on when it may come out.

My thoughts on this, or anything else in life is that speculation is pointless. I am just not one for guessing.
I apologise if I came across as condescending in any way that was not intended. I was merely chipping in with my two scrip worth.

Myst
06-11-2013, 08:56 AM
E3 or on the forums they should drop some teasers and atleast alittle info on a time frame if for no other reason to help boost interest. As it is right now they are loosing steam with alot of players wich is a bad thing for any game.

Yep that's exactly what's been happening to me. I just started leveling another character due to the double xp and kind of stopped playing it when it was over. Was fun to go through things again but since my mind has already seen it and processed it the factors don't impress me as much. They really should drop more teasing gestures of various things now the main thing we are getting teased about were fixes. :S

[edit]
Another thing is outfits they really should try to go all out on those as much as possible at least. I know in terms of this being more "realistic" at least in comparison to other fantasy games they are kind of limited, but would be nice to see other types of clothing. Steampunk ish, punkish, gothic, whatever really.

Wraieth
06-11-2013, 08:59 AM
Yep that's exactly what's been happening to me. I just started leveling another character due to the double xp and kind of stopped playing it when it was over. Was fun to go through things again but since my mind has already seen it and processed it the factors don't impress me as much. They really should drop more teasing gestures of various things now the main thing we are getting teased about were fixes. :S

I wasnt overly pleased with the plague mission the sieges was fun but the actual episode mission was just ok . But what did get me alittle excited was the trailer on tv. Sure it was short and sweet but the trailer managed to generate a buzz even on some websites.

So yea things like that can be great interest boosts for a game they should do this for the dlc as well.

Thr0nes
06-11-2013, 09:00 AM

I'm expecting a demo of the DLC at E3 on Thursday, along with a release date within the next 2-3 weeks.

bigbro_1001
06-11-2013, 09:01 AM
As with most games that actually care, the first thing they are focusing on is fixing bugs. Sure, there are some devs working on DLC content, but the rest are working on getting the game to par so that the DLC's won't crash the system. Also, there's nothing wrong with getting other's opinion on a legit subject. Nice posting OP. Also, with the bonus weekends they put out and the extra non-DLC content such as the "Plague" that is currently going, stuff they don't have to do, I'm fairly satisfied waiting for the DLC to come out, I've got plenty to do at the moment. :-)

Wraieth
06-11-2013, 09:20 AM
As with most games that actually care, the first thing they are focusing on is fixing bugs. Sure, there are some devs working on DLC content, but the rest are working on getting the game to par so that the DLC's won't crash the system. Also, there's nothing wrong with getting other's opinion on a legit subject. Nice posting OP. Also, with the bonus weekends they put out and the extra non-DLC content such as the "Plague" that is currently going, stuff they don't have to do, I'm fairly satisfied waiting for the DLC to come out, I've got plenty to do at the moment. :-)

Well i have to admit my play time is way down from what it was say 3 weeks ago. But i do still log in and play from time to time i am displeased with the way trion is running the game personaly but i have decided i am done with getting aggrovated with it.

I am trying to focus on what they did right when i do play. I realy enjoy the show and am looking foward to the dlc whenever it comes out. untill then i will play when i feel like it ,And play something else when i dont lol.

But i do think it would do the game alot of good press if they would drop a few teasers or info on the new dlc. With the show wraping up next month still on the fans minds and the dlc not realy being talked about or info released on it.

People are getting antsy and that can do more harm than good if the enthusiasm isnt fed.

Blondin
06-11-2013, 09:34 AM
You can be true, anyway, if they release the dlc now or in one month, this change nothing, because every body will rush the content and then one week later ppl will ask for the second dlc...

I don't think that the dlc will give a lot of content or will change anything to be honest, it doesn't mean that I'm not enjoying the game and the content that already exist, but I don't put too much hope in a dlc...

MagellanD
06-11-2013, 11:02 AM
They posted some tidbits but refuse to answer the question if we'll have to pay more bits for the character change once we get DLC.

I have a feeling I wasted my money on the DLC content.

Please Trion PROVE ME WRONG.
They haven't yet.

I've always said with every patch it'll be an ightmare. it has been. I keep saying DLC will introduce way more bugs too. DLC day will also be a nightmare. Then we'll have to pay once we can get in to change the character.

snake171
06-11-2013, 12:08 PM
you guys have no idea, i thought you had to finish all the story missions before the show to premier. not just the episode missions i have nothing to do now , pvp and arkfalls are still fun