PDA

View Full Version : Suggested redesign for Turret Kills daily contract

Xenosaj
06-11-2013, 02:34 PM
So we have this lovely gem of a contract again today, and I got to witness firsthand the ugliness that results from it: everyone bumrushing the cerberus, fighting over who gets what seat, whining and arguing from the driver that's running into walls/pits/enemies and wasting it, etc. I don't expect the person who came up with the contract to have foreseen the problems with it, but now that it's obviously a huge problem--ffs, it works against the very goal of the map to begin with--there's no reason it shouldn't be changed.

My suggestion: instead of Turret kills, make it Vehicle kills. As in, if you're in a vehicle and an enemy gets killed by that vehicle, you get credit. No more screwing over whoever's driving the cerberus; hell it's hard enough getting a kill when you're in the passenger cannon. Allow the driver and cannon to get credit along with the turret, and you eliminate the inherent problem of this contract.

While we're on the topic, the Capture Attack kills contract needs to be changed as well. When that contract comes up, there's zero reason to remain in the defensive area of a capture point, and every reason to stay out of it. Hang out on the third floor of A and C and you effectively prevent the other team from getting capture kills, while still being able to defend. The other team shouldn't be able to so easily shut you down from getting your contract done, just as your own teammates shouldn't be able to either.

Schmiznurf
06-11-2013, 02:38 PM
The worst part about the kills is the different types don't stack. I exceeded attack kills yesterday but they all registered as avenger and the one where you kill who killed you.

SNSDxTiffanism
06-11-2013, 03:02 PM
The worst part about the kills is the different types don't stack. I exceeded attack kills yesterday but they all registered as avenger and the one where you kill who killed you.

Yup, happens to me too. Already send a bug report to them already. Whenever you get a rescue kills or avenger kills, your defend or attack kills does not appear sadly :(

Wtflag
06-11-2013, 03:54 PM
I agree.

Turrents kill --> Vehicle kills rewarding all occupants of the vehicle.

Attack/Guard kills --> instead of needing both attacker and defender within the capture point, make it so as long as one of them is in the capture point, it will be counted.

AmnesiaHaze
06-11-2013, 03:58 PM
i managed to do both but its a chore, those get 20kills in competitive i like much more

Maitreakow
06-11-2013, 05:34 PM
So we have this lovely gem of a contract again today, and I got to witness firsthand the ugliness that results from it: everyone bumrushing the cerberus, fighting over who gets what seat, whining and arguing from the driver that's running into walls/pits/enemies and wasting it, etc. I don't expect the person who came up with the contract to have foreseen the problems with it, but now that it's obviously a huge problem--ffs, it works against the very goal of the map to begin with--there's no reason it shouldn't be changed.

My suggestion: instead of Turret kills, make it Vehicle kills. As in, if you're in a vehicle and an enemy gets killed by that vehicle, you get credit. No more screwing over whoever's driving the cerberus; hell it's hard enough getting a kill when you're in the passenger cannon. Allow the driver and cannon to get credit along with the turret, and you eliminate the inherent problem of this contract.

While we're on the topic, the Capture Attack kills contract needs to be changed as well. When that contract comes up, there's zero reason to remain in the defensive area of a capture point, and every reason to stay out of it. Hang out on the third floor of A and C and you effectively prevent the other team from getting capture kills, while still being able to defend. The other team shouldn't be able to so easily shut you down from getting your contract done, just as your own teammates shouldn't be able to either.

This please ^ ;)

GoldenTouchDown
06-11-2013, 06:05 PM
Or just make it something like 3 turret kills for the daily instead of 10. 10 takes way too long, which means half the team is being useless camping the spawn for way too long.