PDA

View Full Version : Episode mission was a fail...

Reichlyn
06-11-2013, 03:56 PM
thats all the creativity they can come up with? We dont even know how Niden found a cure, just boom..she found a cure and we are launching it to Defiance? Thats the best you could do? Im disappointed, one mission? Really? This plague was a fail and it couldve been so much better.

alienoid
06-11-2013, 03:58 PM
It has been about a week we are making the cure during the sieges, that's how Eren did.

Reichlyn
06-11-2013, 05:01 PM
It has been about a week we are making the cure during the sieges, that's how Eren did.

Just think they couldve done alot better. Not very creative minds there at all.

Scruffyscottishdude
06-12-2013, 06:51 AM
i get the feeling they may add more to it once the next episode airs. At least i hope they do anyway because it seems half arsed otherwise

Miserere
06-12-2013, 07:03 AM
thats all the creativity they can come up with? We dont even know how Niden found a cure, just boom..she found a cure and we are launching it to Defiance? Thats the best you could do? Im disappointed, one mission? Really? This plague was a fail and it couldve been so much better.

Just to let you know that there is indeed a lot MORE to the story than what was shown. And you are correct. Many of the hinted at reasons and such was a big slap in the face with a tuna.

a2thelee
06-12-2013, 07:06 AM
At least you guys got to play the episode mission. A bunch of others, along with myself, can't even log onto the damn servers. I really hope an official actually says something regarding this by afternoon in PT but smart money says no... It IS Trion after all

Proverbs2720
06-12-2013, 07:08 AM
All the content in the world don't matter if the game doesn't work. Lol..

Miserere
06-12-2013, 07:09 AM
At least you guys got to play the episode mission. A bunch of others, along with myself, can't even log onto the damn servers. I really hope an official actually says something regarding this by afternoon in PT but smart money says no... It IS Trion after all

Which server are you getting on? PS? XBox? PC?

Black_Eyeliner
06-12-2013, 07:10 AM
I wouldn't know. I get smoked in the first hallway every time.

a2thelee
06-12-2013, 07:13 AM
Which server are you getting on? PS? XBox? PC?

Xbox =/
I was checking their general forum and it looks like a lot of them are having the same issues.

Fangface69
06-12-2013, 07:14 AM
I sure hope there's more. I mean they showed a lot of cutseens in the plague info video they just put out that hasn't showed up in game yet.

Thr0nes
06-12-2013, 07:14 AM

The youtube video shows Iren getting carried away by zombies, that peace-officier, and other stuff... we got a watered down version of the real thing, prolly got cut for some reason. Mebey the dev resources were reallocated to assists with DLC.

Knucklehead
06-12-2013, 07:15 AM
I'm curious as to how the TV show may have been affected by players actions in the game. I don't see how the players in the game could have stopped the plague from reaching Defiance, considering that from the end of the last episode, the plague is already in Defiance. It's all very straight forward. Complete the quests (or does it require a particular number of players to complete the quests?) I know I've completed all the plague quests and although very fun, there really wasn't much room for failure. So I have to assume that a percentage of the player base is required to complete the quests. Or maybe there is still another big quest to come? Maybe a HUGE server wide siege? (I doubt it... I don't think the servers could handle it.)

So what makes the difference here? The missile launch at the end of the last plague quest? And what are the repercussions in the TV show, should Trion determine that the players failed to stop the plague?

I assume the show was pre-filmed, prior. Will we have the option (online, maybe?) to view the "failed" episode?

Knucklehead
06-12-2013, 07:18 AM
Oh and FWIW, I've been loving the plague quests. I'm not bashing on Trion. I'm just full of questions... wondering how game play affects the TV show, if there are still more plague related quests to come, how many episodes the plague will take up in the show. Etc.

<3 Defiance.

Tharcion
06-12-2013, 07:31 AM
Thing is, Hollywood and fantasy stories aside, creating a cure for a disease is boring.
The source material is usually the blood of infected victims. There's a lot of time in a lab.

People do not have to race around the world looking for that rare herb, or the immune monkey which is the only living carrier.

Frankly, replicating up enough of the vaccine to supply the population is not as exciting as we have in game either. Be thankful we've got as much fun stuff as we have out of what is really a kind of disgusting horror story.

I will be interested to see how the game stuff hooks into the series though. The trailer for the episode looks pretty slim on connectivity, but we'll see how it goes.

baelrusk
06-12-2013, 07:36 AM
I sure hope there's more. I mean they showed a lot of cutseens in the plague info video they just put out that hasn't showed up in game yet.

Agreed.
Really, I think a majority of what they showed in the trailer hasn't been seen yet. If it never comes, or is something due to the DLC (for some inexplicable reason), I will be quite past annoyed from that.

I'm hoping that perhaps they'll be adding that in when the infected sieges are removed?

Shogo_Yahagi
06-12-2013, 07:48 AM
I feel like there was a mission missing before this one. I get that we had the long build-up and we were out there fighting sieges and doing emergencies, so we weren't hanging in the lab with them while they worked on the cure, but it seems like there should have been some link explaining that the cure was ready but there had been an outbreak in Defiance and we had to find some way to get the cure to them (and why we couldn't just tell them how to make the cure, since we can communicate with them and they have their own Indogene scientist on hand).

Let's assume that there was no Episode Mission icon on the map. How would we know that our character know that they were supposed to meet up at the bunker? There should have been at least a short bridging mission starting at Top Notch that would fill in some details and get us to the bunker. I watch the show before I play the episode missions, and I was still left wondering wtf I was doing there.

Miserere
06-12-2013, 08:01 AM
I feel like there was a mission missing before this one. I get that we had the long build-up and we were out there fighting sieges and doing emergencies, so we weren't hanging in the lab with them while they worked on the cure, but it seems like there should have been some link explaining that the cure was ready but there had been an outbreak in Defiance and we had to find some way to get the cure to them (and why we couldn't just tell them how to make the cure, since we can communicate with them and they have their own Indogene scientist on hand).

Let's assume that there was no Episode Mission icon on the map. How would we know that our character know that they were supposed to meet up at the bunker? There should have been at least a short bridging mission starting at Top Notch that would fill in some details and get us to the bunker. I watch the show before I play the episode missions, and I was still left wondering wtf I was doing there.

Ding! Ding! Ding! You win. ;) You are not wrong in this. (I'm betting that there is more. They just did not add it. Which makes me sad. All that hard work. But they possibly didn't have the time before it has been written for a long time.)

Renfield
06-12-2013, 08:02 AM

I've enjoyed the Infected emergencies and seiges, but the episode mission was underwhelming for sure. Dark Matter's had almost nothing to do with the infected storyline so far, so it's disappointing that the final fight was against them. Some sort of infected boss type critter would have been better IMO.

Next week on Defiance....half of the town is wiped out because some bonehead out west thought that it was a good idea to launch a frickin ICBM at the town to deliver some vaccine....

Indra Echo
06-12-2013, 08:12 AM
I'm curious as to how the TV show may have been affected by players actions in the game. I don't see how the players in the game could have stopped the plague from reaching Defiance, considering that from the end of the last episode, the plague is already in Defiance. It's all very straight forward. Complete the quests (or does it require a particular number of players to complete the quests?) I know I've completed all the plague quests and although very fun, there really wasn't much room for failure. So I have to assume that a percentage of the player base is required to complete the quests. Or maybe there is still another big quest to come? Maybe a HUGE server wide siege? (I doubt it... I don't think the servers could handle it.)

So what makes the difference here? The missile launch at the end of the last plague quest? And what are the repercussions in the TV show, should Trion determine that the players failed to stop the plague?

I assume the show was pre-filmed, prior. Will we have the option (online, maybe?) to view the "failed" episode?

I'm wondering how all of this will relate to the ship that crashes in the show, with the guy from 2013 in it-maybe the origin of the plague?

CMac001
06-12-2013, 08:17 AM
I vaguely remember an audio transmission that the cure was complete and needed to be sent out, a day or so before I noticed the Episode mission icon on the map. Not the sort of lead-up one would expect.

IGears
06-12-2013, 08:34 AM
I vaguely remember an audio transmission that the cure was complete and needed to be sent out, a day or so before I noticed the Episode mission icon on the map. Not the sot of lead-up one would expect.

i remember an Audio Tape saying that 'Eren is sending the Arkhunter to find stuff for a cure' but no cure was completed...

Blondin
06-12-2013, 08:34 AM
I'm wondering how all of this will relate to the ship that crashes in the show, with the guy from 2013 in it-maybe the origin of the plague?
In last episode, just after the astronaut arrive in Defiance, you should have see a girl named Charlie Rivers she talks to the astronaut asking him for info, she said that she comes from Madera, Parraba family, she traveled with some irathian... then you see her sick at the end of the show.

CMac001
06-12-2013, 08:51 AM
i remember an Audio Tape saying that 'Eren is sending the Arkhunter to find stuff for a cure' but no cure was completed...

I remember that audio tape as well. I was referring to an audio transmission shortly after I logged in a few days ago. It was similar to the main mission intelligence updates that you receive shortly after you complete a portion of the main quest. The type that gives additional back story and also lets you know that the next leg of the main quest is available.

Random
06-12-2013, 08:55 AM
Xbox =/
I was checking their general forum and it looks like a lot of them are having the same issues.

I know I am. I've had troubles for days logging in, between the social errors and that I can that this fanboy is getting super fed up with trion's lack of ability. To the point I am about to start counter SEO'ing their SEO that boosts certain search criteria (You know what I mean trion. I know the meta tags, and many are BS).

Just saying if I am getting fed up, I can only imagine everyone else. I went from playing daily for atleast an hour to simple going "Hmm wonder if I can actually log in" needless to say this event was wasted due to that.

a2thelee
06-12-2013, 08:59 AM
I know I am. I've had troubles for days logging in, between the social errors and that I can that this fanboy is getting super fed up with trion's lack of ability. To the point I am about to start counter SEO'ing their SEO that boosts certain search criteria (You know what I mean trion. I know the meta tags, and many are BS).

Just saying if I am getting fed up, I can only imagine everyone else. I went from playing daily for atleast an hour to simple going "Hmm wonder if I can actually log in" needless to say this event was wasted due to that.

Yeah, the social errors were crippling for a few days when I couldn't even play with my friends. I can't even play now which sucks since I actually like the game enough (despite all the bugs) to kill a few hours when home from school/work. It does seem like it's one step forward and two steps back with new content releases coming with new bugs, though. I just hate that they don't even acknowledge the bugs (remember how long sniper scopes and non-existent synergy mods went on for?) so I can't even tell if they're freaking working on them or even care

Teilk
06-12-2013, 09:22 AM
Ding! Ding! Ding! You win. ;) You are not wrong in this. (I'm betting that there is more. They just did not add it. Which makes me sad. All that hard work. But they possibly didn't have the time before it has been written for a long time.)

Across the badlands episode 9: someone asked about new co-op maps related to the plague content and the trailer. She confirmed there will be new content. A new co-op map wasn't confirmed specifically but maybe that is what it will be. Either that or she skillfully redirected that questions by only saying "yes, there will be new content".

Eva Alone
06-12-2013, 09:27 AM
Spoiler!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Kcsa7MBES58#!

See what happened, when the Plague hits Defiance!

PurePlayinSerb
06-12-2013, 09:28 AM
i just hope the next episode mission isn't another repetitive bunker mission

Miserere
06-12-2013, 09:30 AM
Across the badlands episode 9: someone asked about new co-op maps related to the plague content and the trailer. She confirmed there will be new content. A new co-op map wasn't confirmed specifically but maybe that is what it will be. Either that or she skillfully redirected that questions by only saying "yes, there will be new content".

Yes but there is still story that should have been placed BEFORE the bunker. I'll just say my magic 8 ball told me so. ;)

Starch
06-12-2013, 10:39 AM
I wouldn't know. I get smoked in the first hallway every time.

Really, I beat that mission without dying. Did it in about 10-20 minutes (could more or less, I have no sense of time)

Thing is, Hollywood and fantasy stories aside, creating a cure for a disease is boring.
The source material is usually the blood of infected victims. There's a lot of time in a lab.

People do not have to race around the world looking for that rare herb, or the immune monkey which is the only living carrier.

Nice References (Thought I only know one of them and that is Outbreak (http://disastermovieworld.com/2011/01/08/outbreak-1995/))

dominad
06-12-2013, 10:54 AM
The episode mission was so short - based in a old map - old enemies - old strategy - nothing new at all minus the afflicted and a good way for people to farm their bmg's.. yawn hurry up my final achievement so I can get a real un broken game to play.

Valanga
06-12-2013, 11:02 AM

If only Trion could reverse all your tears into the game, there would be an avesome event... The flooding of the Bay Area.

Thearl
06-12-2013, 11:04 AM
You should have made your own challenge mode: Try to use a rocker LMG as your only weapon while keeping all the infected circling the crate!

baelrusk
06-12-2013, 11:46 AM
Really, I beat that mission without dying. Did it in about 10-20 minutes (could more or less, I have no sense of time)

I beat it with a sniper rifle without dying. That shows it was too easy.

Eva Alone
06-12-2013, 11:47 AM
If only Trion could reverse all your tears into the game, there would be an avesome event... The flooding of the Bay Area.

Made my day!!!

Shogo_Yahagi
06-12-2013, 12:49 PM
You should have made your own challenge mode: Try to use a rocker LMG as your only weapon while keeping all the infected circling the crate!

Funny you should say that... Just for fun, I cleared the last room using a flare pistol and a Courier. :D

Panthan
06-12-2013, 01:18 PM

Frankly, replicating up enough of the vaccine to supply the population is not as exciting as we have in game either. Be thankful we've got as much fun stuff as we have out of what is really a kind of disgusting horror story.

I will be interested to see how the game stuff hooks into the series though. The trailer for the episode looks pretty slim on connectivity, but we'll see how it goes.

Well said, not to mention we are just hired guns. Heck look at seiges AND the story mission, what is our part? Shoot the plagued .

Granted they could have made us a bigger part of the plague story so for, then again I have the feeling we arent done with plaque story missions yet.

Jokerzwild
06-12-2013, 01:44 PM
Ya I have to agree, the whole thing feels like alot of what was meant to be there is was cut. Certainly a mission in the first week that we saw in the video and probably another one collecting materials for the cure. Was the mission bugged we will probably never know.
The most annoying thing of it though is the mission we did, has no introduction and a abrupt ending. I said it last time with Ryn, an intro/outtro cut scene or even a audio transmission would make this missions at least feel whole.

CMac001
06-12-2013, 04:59 PM
Yes but there is still story that should have been placed BEFORE the bunker. I'll just say my magic 8 ball told me so. ;)

Hopefully any content that could 'enhance' the story line would make it into any future 'Replay' events.

General Sideboob
06-12-2013, 06:15 PM
Just to let you know that there is indeed a lot MORE to the story than what was shown. And you are correct. Many of the hinted at reasons and such was a big slap in the face with a tuna.

Dang I really need to catch up on my episodes. :cool: