PDA

View Full Version : I'm happy to spend 150k ark salvage on adding mod slots

Alexri
06-11-2013, 04:18 PM
I'm serious. I'm at about 2200 EGO right now, which means I get a ton of weapons with only a single mod slot open. By the time I've added the other 3, it will have cost me about 150k ark salvage. And I'm happy to do it.

The reason is simple: at least that gives my ark salvage collecting a purpose. Those lock boxes are jokes, they're so beyond disappointing that I don't understand what's going on in the head of whoever programmed reward boxes to disappoint players more than they do anything else. Judging from the rewards that come out of there, you'd think these boxes were handed out every 5 minutes just from playing, instead of being rewards for up to several dozen major arkfalls.

I've long since stopped caring about seeing 24 or even 64 key codes in my inventory, because I know that 3 seconds after I buy a lock box, I'll be so disappointed that I ask myself why I keep bothering to play a game that finds it amusing to give me garbage rewards for investing time in it. With any other MMO I've played, doing daily quests and collecting whatever tokens and whatnot are in the games reward you with things you actually want, but not Defiance. The reward for doing daily and weekly quests is the ability to buy garbage that no-one in their right mind would want from some special vendors, and the rewards for doing various events is different garbage.

So, that brings me back to unlocking mod slots. Every once in a while, driving around checking vendors pay off and allows me to buy a weapon that I would actually want to keep. After trying it out and unlocking the mastery bonus, I decide whether to keep it or not. If I do, the process of unlocking slots starts. Every slot is an actual upgrade to something I use, it's a guaranteed improvement, and it's something that I most definitely want.

And that's why I'm happy to spend 150k ark salvage doing it.

MrClip26
06-11-2013, 04:25 PM
i hit 4k and 4/5 weapons i get have all mods slots open already :)

Wtflag
06-11-2013, 04:42 PM
Well I'm not. Thank god i'm over that phase.