PDA

View Full Version : microsoft explains about xboxone always online DO NOT WORRY........

KillAlot V2
06-12-2013, 06:58 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yC8FbgGnd0

thanks to MagellanD for posting new link

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 07:40 AM
BWAAA HAHAHA.

They're going to have a tough time with PR since that uber bashing Sony game them on monday.

Great Video.

Reverend Blood
06-12-2013, 07:44 AM
So you're telling me that if I can't afford a few bucks a month for internet, that I shouldn't spend $500 on an online gaming machine?

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 07:50 AM
So you're telling me that if I can't afford a few bucks a month for internet, that I shouldn't spend $500 on an online gaming machine?

The numbers are few but not everyone has internet.
People over seas play xbox it's an escape but no online.

If my buddy had an XBOX one he just moved and the company takes so long to hook up the internet and TV he'd be without any gaming. Lucky he has a 360 because it's not out yet but that's not going to say that internet companies are going to step up their game with Xbox one is released.

There are numerous other scenarios where internet is not an option other than the "can't afford it" one

Reverend Blood
06-12-2013, 07:58 AM
Honestly, even if there is a reason (not including military) that I was without internet for more than 24 hours, my cell-phone could easily be turned into a wifi hotspot long enough every day that my Xbox could call home.

Now, onto the military, I have been stationed overseas, and while my xbox 360 was a nice luxury to have, I clocked maybe a couple hours a week, and to be completely honest, it could have been an Atari with "Pong" and I would have been happy to have it. There are plenty of options for those deployed overseas, and if I wanted to pay the ridiculous international phone rates, the cell-phone hotspot callback would still be an option.

Pace122004
06-12-2013, 07:58 AM
The numbers are few but not everyone has internet.
People over seas play xbox it's an escape but no online.

If my buddy had an XBOX one he just moved and the company takes so long to hook up the internet and TV he'd be without any gaming. Lucky he has a 360 because it's not out yet but that's not going to say that internet companies are going to step up their game with Xbox one is released.

There are numerous other scenarios where internet is not an option other than the "can't afford it" one

I want to fly but don't have a hangar and runway for a plane, doesn't mean I deserve one. if you cant connect online then you wont have xboxone. period

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 08:06 AM
Honestly, even if there is a reason (not including military) that I was without internet for more than 24 hours, my cell-phone could easily be turned into a wifi hotspot long enough every day that my Xbox could call home.

Now, onto the military, I have been stationed overseas, and while my xbox 360 was a nice luxury to have, I clocked maybe a couple hours a week, and to be completely honest, it could have been an Atari with "Pong" and I would have been happy to have it. There are plenty of options for those deployed overseas, and if I wanted to pay the ridiculous international phone rates, the cell-phone hotspot callback would still be an option.

If you have a cell phone that can or want to pay those ridiculous rates.
The other fact is that it's a pretty draconian control measure on the consumer. They're making people play how they want to play instead of having that consumer trust.

Don't get me wrong. I'm going to have both because the specific situation doesn't effect me. I am always on. Just for reality's sake it's not a situation that everyone can be in. Then there are people like me who don't like being dictated to. I think that's how a lot of people are feeling too. We're the people that give these companies our money.

Sony learned their lesson from their Music DRM fiascos in the past and are most certainly leveraging a situation that M$ clearly left open for them to take advantage of.

MS didn't have to make these measures. Their system is working fine as is now. they just wanted more control. Their menu and live player system is far superior than Sony's. In the customers eye right now though they've cheapened it.

Reverend Blood
06-12-2013, 08:16 AM
My last 3 cell phones could, and I update every two years, at the earliest... and I'm not sure what ridiculous rates you're referring to (unless you're talking about international for deployed military, those are crazy... but what the heck else would I be spending money on out there?)

The methods may seem Draconian, however Sony is giving the same ability to the game developers, and the developers have been suspiciously quiet about it, so if EA's PC DRM policy is any indication, there's a very real chance that Sony's first part titles are going to be the only titles in the next generation without an internet DRM requirement.

I understand both sides of the argument, but it's time for people to step back and take a look at the future of technology. People pay hundreds of dollars for tablets, but if you don't have a wifi connection or 3G/4G feature (and signal) it's pretty much useless. I can count on one hand the number of times I've picked my tablet up and done something offline with it.

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 08:23 AM
My last 3 cell phones could, and I update every two years, at the earliest... and I'm not sure what ridiculous rates you're referring to (unless you're talking about international for deployed military, those are crazy... but what the heck else would I be spending money on out there?)

The methods may seem Draconian, however Sony is giving the same ability to the game developers, and the developers have been suspiciously quiet about it, so if EA's PC DRM policy is any indication, there's a very real chance that Sony's first part titles are going to be the only titles in the next generation without an internet DRM requirement.

I understand both sides of the argument, but it's time for people to step back and take a look at the future of technology. People pay hundreds of dollars for tablets, but if you don't have a wifi connection or 3G/4G feature (and signal) it's pretty much useless. I can count on one hand the number of times I've picked my tablet up and done something offline with it.

The Sony thing is old news. it is in no way a change from the current model that is deployed. I'm not so sure why people are latching on to it now. Users today have to pay for online passes if the publisher does so.

I do a ton of offline things on my tablet. every user is different. Especially games and thing with my son like flash cards and learning tools that do not require you to be online. Again every user is different.

I think this about sums up what I am trying to say about M$'s policies.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/7417-Next-Gen-Buyers-Guide

Some will accept them (the policies) some don't. I personally will HAVE to accept it if I want to play titan fall or any of the xbox exclusives. I don't have to like it. The response to Sony's announcement is an indication how the market feels about it.

I'm not bashing the system itself just company policy. I sit on both sides of the PS3/Xbox 360 fence now and own both and still play both. I will in the future.

Hiero Glyph
06-12-2013, 08:43 AM
To be fair, the only validation for requiring a daily Internet connection is if every Xbox One game has a mandatory online component. If this is not the case then there is no reason why MS could not extend the online check-in period to a week or more.

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 08:50 AM
To be fair, the only validation for requiring a daily Internet connection is if every Xbox One game has a mandatory online component. If this is not the case then there is no reason why MS could not extend the online check-in period to a week or more.

Exactly. We should be able to play our offline games without this. That's what I hated about Diable and the community of The Sims didn't like. Some people want to build their own cities without people, some people want to dungeon crawl by themselves.

Me and the wife did the LAN connection for Diablo two entirely offline.

Deaths Nation
06-12-2013, 09:16 AM
That's funny and disturbing at the same time.

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 09:16 AM
VIDEO NO LONGER AVAILABLE. BOOO Microsoft put a gag order on this bad PR already!

New Video Here!

Mirimon
06-12-2013, 09:21 AM
the number of people who do not have online for a 24 hour period are massive...people have jobs that take them out of town, and even out of the country, some people have jobs that keep them away from that stuff for more than 24 hour periods..

further more.. while the xbox still isn't for a global market, with its regional restrictions, many of those countries are in a situation where only the "trump" of the nation gets internet... while this may seem extreme, I have seen original exboxs being sold for $800 in 2006 in the iraq public economy (such as it was). fact is sony is a global product (it's build this way, right down to the voltage requirements), and psn is a global gaming community with over 30 million more users online than xboxlive..

take a good look at the current stock exchange due to the xb1 failure.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/06/11/playstation-4s-price-and-policies-humiliate-microsofts-xbox-one-at-e3/

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 09:27 AM
the number of people who do not have online for a 24 hour period are massive...people have jobs that take them out of town, and even out of the country, some people have jobs that keep them away from that stuff for more than 24 hour periods..

further more.. while the xbox still isn't for a global market, with its regional restrictions, many of those countries are in a situation where only the "trump" of the nation gets internet... while this may seem extreme, I have seen original exboxs being sold for $800 in 2006 in the iraq public economy (such as it was). fact is sony is a global product (it's build this way, right down to the voltage requirements), and psn is a global gaming community with over 30 million more users online than xboxlive..

take a good look at the current stock exchange due to the xb1 failure.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/06/11/playstation-4s-price-and-policies-humiliate-microsofts-xbox-one-at-e3/

I agre there are many many situations that effect peoples connectivity. I loved this article. and it's from FORBES a reliable source.
The funny thing is because they went blue ray a tiny bit of that price is licensing fees to sony for the blu-ray technology. That's why Sony stock went up a bit during the xbox reveal. It had nothing to do with one system being better than the other.

Mirimon
06-12-2013, 09:34 AM
I agre there are many many situations that effect peoples connectivity. I loved this article. and it's from FORBES a reliable source.
The funny thing is because they went blue ray a tiny bit of that price is licensing fees to sony for the blu-ray technology. That's why Sony stock went up a bit during the xbox reveal. It had nothing to do with one system being better than the other.

were that true it would have gone up in the development and manufacture time frame, that change in the market was directly due to PR.

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 09:35 AM
were that true it would have gone up in the development and manufacture time frame, that change in the market was directly due to PR.

Until it was confirmed they had no way of knowing. Plus these earning can't yet be reported to have an effect.

Mirimon
06-12-2013, 09:36 AM
Until it was confirmed they had no way of knowing. Plus these earning can't yet be reported to have an effect.
true, though I think this will have a snowball effect.

Lethaltyrant
06-12-2013, 09:40 AM
If the xbox was connected to the internet already isnt that all it would need to check in or would u have to actually turn it on. I work at a company where i use LogMeIn to remote into many sites sometimes i have to send a wakeup command to wake on LAN couldnt they do that as well or am i not understanding this correctly am i missing something.

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 09:45 AM
true, though I think this will have a snowball effect.

Without a doubt this Sony announcement compounds on that TEN FOLD.
The Speculators can and will perceive this to be a huge benefit to the consumer and the shift to the more economical and consumer friendly business model.

Lets Face it PS3 sucked at $599 and sony totally started off behind Xbox on that. M$ has been resting on their laurels thinking they were safe. They are not.

Deaths Nation
06-12-2013, 09:47 AM
He's basically saying the same thing as the guy who said just deal with it. Is he getting fired too? I doubt it.

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 09:48 AM
If the xbox was connected to the internet already isnt that all it would need to check in or would u have to actually turn it on. I work at a company where i use LogMeIn to remote into many sites sometimes i have to send a wakeup command to wake on LAN couldnt they do that as well or am i not understanding this correctly am i missing something.

for M$ it's about controlling and stopping the hacked/modded systems and piracy. it's how they will further be able to brick systems one the hackers figure out how to get passed the new system...again.

It's also (second in line) a way for them to be mostly cloud based and verify who you are.

It's in no way about trusting the consumer. Many articles I've read seem to think that the piracy issue (while it is an issue) isn't big enough to lock down that system like that for their users. This shouldn't hve been an issue at all.

We use Citrix login where I work so it's similar.

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 09:51 AM
He's basically saying the same thing as the guy who said just deal with it. Is he getting fired too? I doubt it.

There is a difference to being yelled at and fired.
hehe I keep thinking about inglorious basterds "I've been chewed out before"

In this video the bottom line is the message wasn't Pro Xbox One which the company should be taking that stance in the wake of this PR disaster. Instead all he did and could say was.."well there is xBox 360"

They are probably still drafting the corporate Memorandum which we will all start hearing very often soon from MS as they regroup and "strategize"

It's not like M$ to just lay down and die.

Reverend Blood
06-12-2013, 09:52 AM
VIDEO NO LONGER AVAILABLE. BOOO Microsoft put a gag order on this bad PR already!

New Video Here!

http://files.sharenator.com/thats_ignant_dawg-s239x360-139304.jpg

There's no Microsoft gag order. Viacom paid A LOT of money to have exclusivity rights for E3 broadcasts and interviews, and some youtube user is posting pirated versions of their copyright protected interview.

Mirimon
06-12-2013, 09:56 AM
oh.. I suppose it's worth mentioning in here, a recent FRAGO was published prohibiting the XBOX ONE from being on DoD installations, it is still being distributed down to the lowest levels (if you don't know.. this means soldiers on base/post/camp and such will not be able to purchase from the exchange and are not allowed to bring the device itself on post) for persistent security threat assessment.

EV76
06-12-2013, 10:16 AM
So what happens if you don't turn on the x1 for 24 hours? If I go to Vegas for the weekend and the machine doesn't get turned on for 3 days?

Pace122004
06-12-2013, 10:19 AM
So what happens if you don't turn on the x1 for 24 hours? If I go to Vegas for the weekend and the machine doesn't get turned on for 3 days?

nothing, I think people are making this a bigger deal than what it is...people are so butthurt about paying for a new console that they have to convince themselves not to buy it.

Deaths Nation
06-12-2013, 10:20 AM
It self destructs.

KillAlot V2
06-12-2013, 10:24 AM
im just really sad about the future of microsoft ive always been an xbox gamer first and owned all the playstations aswell
but it makes me sad that all of us gamers have made xbox what it is today even when microsoft was the underdog with the first xbox its sad for them to turn round and shaft us the way they are without so much as a care in the world
i might at somepoint get an xbox one but for me im a gamer first and i like a large percentage of people will speak with my wallet and i think that anyone who just accepts microsofts bs needs to re think the whole next gen stuff

even though ive always loved ms i really hope there decisions hurt them and make the xboxone the next wiiu simply because there hurting the gaming industry in a massive way and even worse they just dont care

Xeno Hunter
06-12-2013, 10:26 AM
A word from PlayStation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA&feature=youtu.be

KillAlot V2
06-12-2013, 10:28 AM

New Video Here!

thanks for new link nice one i salute you :cool:

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 10:29 AM
http://files.sharenator.com/thats_ignant_dawg-s239x360-139304.jpg

There's no Microsoft gag order. Viacom paid A LOT of money to have exclusivity rights for E3 broadcasts and interviews, and some youtube user is posting pirated versions of their copyright protected interview.

In other words. We won't see this being aired by them.
While it is correct that they have the rights which does make this technically illegal, you have to admit the public needs to see this response.

EV76
06-12-2013, 10:32 AM
Thanks pace122004 for the reply and thanks deaths nation for making me laugh.

EV76
06-12-2013, 10:35 AM
@xeno hunter that was pretty funny play station ad.

lordchun
06-12-2013, 10:37 AM
Well that guys fired

Reverend Blood
06-12-2013, 10:38 AM
In other words. We won't see this being aired by them.
While it is correct that they have the rights which does make this technically illegal, you have to admit the public needs to see this response.

And they can visit almost any Viacom partnered media outlet to see it. Like I said, in plain English, there is no gag order.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/silmon/xbox-one-e3-2013--the-xbox-one-strategy--stream-

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/12/don-mattrick-xbox-360-offline/#continued

http://www.oxm.co.uk/56241/don-mattrick-can-empathise-with-nuclear-sub-staff/

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 10:42 AM
And they can visit almost any Viacom partnered media outlet to see it. Like I said, in plain English, there is no gag order.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/silmon/xbox-one-e3-2013--the-xbox-one-strategy--stream-

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/12/don-mattrick-xbox-360-offline/#continued

http://www.oxm.co.uk/56241/don-mattrick-can-empathise-with-nuclear-sub-staff/

Like I said I AGREE with you.

Sheesh can't even shoot you a compliment.

JohnnyPersia
06-12-2013, 10:44 AM

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. But the 24-hour online verification is not only for games with an online component; it's required for single-player (and other media services) as well. If you don't verify online within every 24 hours, you won't be able to play even the single-player portion of the game.

Online passes cut off only the online component of the game, but this cuts off the entire game.

That's at least my understanding.

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 10:45 AM
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. But the 24-hour online verification is not only for games with an online component; it's required for single-player (and other media services) as well. If you don't verify online within every 24 hours, you won't be able to play even the single-player portion of the game.

Online passes cut off only the online component of the game, but this cuts off the entire game.

That's at least my understanding.

That is correct. No single player offline games without check in.

Pace122004
06-12-2013, 10:47 AM
That is correct. No single player offline games without check in.

so...like playing defiance!

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 10:48 AM
so its the same as playing defiance!

Or Diablo, or the new Sim City...but with everything on the console.

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 11:04 AM
Here is something a little more official:

I loves me some forbes!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/06/12/microsoft-we-have-a-product-for-people-who-cant-access-the-internet-its-called-xbox-360/

bodybag360
06-12-2013, 11:23 AM
PS4 and Battlefield 4 already Pre-ordered at amazon. Once i get those, Cancelling my 9 years of Xbox Live gold and never looking back.

Pace122004
06-12-2013, 11:26 AM
PS4 and Battlefield 4 already Pre-ordered at amazon. Once i get those, Cancelling my 9 years of Xbox Live gold and never looking back.

mmmmbye....

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 11:28 AM
mmmmbye....

C'mon lets not degrade this conversation. He's entitled to his opinion.
I'm eventually going to have both and multiple of each because both me and the wife game and hate split screen.

Some will buy only xbox because they do (no matter what) love the company. This week's announcement will move some people from the platform.

No need to be rude because of their personal decision.

Pace122004
06-12-2013, 11:42 AM
C'mon lets not degrade this conversation. He's entitled to his opinion.
I'm eventually going to have both and multiple of each because both me and the wife game and hate split screen.

Some will buy only xbox because they do (no matter what) love the company. This week's announcement will move some people from the platform.

No need to be rude because of their personal decision.

all im doing is simply acknowledging their decision. and why is his opinion immune to rude comments. as a consumer I feel I am invested in certain brands I decide to buy. an attack (and I call it an attack due to the fact he posted his discontent in a 360 thread and reeks of troll bait) on one of my favorite brands is an afront on me.

Mirimon
06-12-2013, 11:49 AM
all im doing is simply acknowledging their decision. and why is his opinion immune to rude comments. as a consumer I feel I am invested in certain brands I decide to buy. an attack (and I call it an attack due to the fact he posted his discontent in a 360 thread and reeks of troll bait) on one of my favorite brands is an afront on me.

just because it might offend somebody who is blindly faithful beyond reason to something, does not make it a troll... if it is a issue with your beliefs then nobody here can help you with that.

get back to the topic please.

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 11:51 AM

I like em both for some things and hate em both for others. Price point is where it's at for me at this point that and not having Kinect which we will Never use being rammed down our throats.

No reason the degrade the conversation because you don't agree to an opinion against your beloved brand.

If this was Sony putting their foot in their mouth though I'd be laughing just as hard.

Something sick and twisted inside me gives me some smug sense of self satisfaction watching execs squirm.
That BP guy hilarious too!

I'm going to be watching what Microsoft does in the future on this issue. Whether it's truly a big one or small one the masses have reacted to this.

Like Forbes said it's like M$ is just not understanding why people aren't towing the line on their position of DRM, Trading, Always on.

Xbox wins
WAY better exclusives. Titanfall OMG
I'm sure their menu and optimizations will always be better.
The Live environment will always be superior and with them following sony on the free games is a definite bonus.
Going to REAL money not a points system (LOVES IT)
Proprietary Processor. This DID work for apple and performance in their phones. no reason it shouldn't for systems

PS4 wins
Price
No forced Eye/Kinect type peripheral
Same DRM that exists today no changes
Faster Ram better graphic capabilities.

Mirimon
06-12-2013, 11:55 AM
I like em both for some thing and hate em both for others. Price point is where it's at for me at this point that and not having Kinect which we will Never use being rammed down our throats.

If this was Sony putting their foot in their mouth though I'd be laughing just as hard.

Something sick and twisted inside me gives me some smug sense of self satisfaction watching execs squirm.
That BP guy hilarious too!

I'm going to be watching what Microsoft does in the future on this issue. Whether it's truly a big one or small one the masses have reacted to this.

Like Forbes said it's like M$ is just not understanding why people aren't towing the line on their position of DRM, Trading, Always on.

maybe.. it's all a trick.. one will not launch, ps4 will slide in assuming it is uncontested, then.. some months later, BAM.. ms comes back squeezing more power than before, contracted more games excluded from sony, and tries doing it for $299. Competition can be healthy.. in the right form, but lately this has not been so.. I would be concerned if ms did something like this, but really.. I can't see them coming ahead without some similar drastic measure.

FrkyDkyDutch
06-12-2013, 11:56 AM
I have enjoyed this conversation fully and loved reading the articles and watching the"DON'T" videos. So thanks for that!

After researching both machines and seeing what they have to offer I know it is becoming a hard decision for most people out there. J personally have not owned a Sony PlayStation since the original and I have never looked back. Unfortunately, Microsoft keeps shooting themselves in the foot by letting their guys talk with out any public affairs guidance and in return it is turning their marketing plans upside down.

For the most part I understand why everyone is upset ... but in order to keep the message short and sweet I will just state my opinion. (By no means am I attacking any side of this debate). The mandatory internet connection does not affect me personally by any means. I use my 360 right now to connect with friends, watch Netflix, watch HBO Go, and other things of the sort.

I rarely ever go about using the Xbox where I do not need internet connectivity. I understand there is a percentage of players out there that do not play online or just do not have the opportunity to. For this reason, I feel Microsoft understands this and is willing to take the hit to bring out the "Next Gen" system.

Then there is the cost ... What is it? $100 - $150 difference? I know it is not as appealing, but you are getting the Kinect with the system which people are apparently nervous about. Might as well have the Xbox logo with the message "Its Watching You" below it when you turn on the system. This is a major part of their design though. They want it to feel more like the machine the kid used in Gamer or whatever it was called. I just hope that they fixed the issue for when people used the Kinect to talk. I absutely refuse to listen to some kid talk to me who sounds like he lives with Oscar the Grouch.

As for rentals and borrowing games from friends ... I still do not know how they are going to work that in as of yet. I figured they would give the option to companies and charge a small fee for a cod to re-register the game whenever you put it into a new system. Yes, I am not too thrilled with that but I rarely sell games back to stores or borrow games from those rental companies. As for people who do ... I really have no words for you regarding this topic other than sorry. If companies choose to do this on the Xbox, you know it will carry over the the PS4 as well.

Overall, I plan on getting both systems upon release. I was originally just going to buy the X1 but so many of my friends are going back to their roots and bouncing back to Sony. So if I am to play with them, I am going to have to buy the system as well. Both systems have great pros just as they have some great cons. We still have time to see who takes the input from the community and adjust accordingly and which ones will go all in and hope their name sells their product. Only time will tell.

** Sorry if it is not too organized of a message. Worked it on my cell phone and worked this message the last fifteen minutes. **

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 11:57 AM
just because it might offend somebody who is blindly faithful beyond reason to something, does not make it a troll... if it is a issue with your beliefs then nobody here can help you with that.

get back to the topic please.

My Hat...I tip it to you good sir!
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/tip-hat.gif

Ebonmark
06-12-2013, 11:59 AM

I have always owned low budget mobile phones as I only use my phone for calls and text and a pay as you go contract that I top up with 10 once every 2 months. There was a time I moved out into a new home and had lots of new things to purchase and was on a really tight budget for a while and so didn't bother with connecting the phone line and internet for a couple of months as a new line installation costs a lot. (My entertainment was an xbox)

I was also a language student in Japan several years ago, I stayed for a year and flat shared with a couple of other students in some cheap place that had no internet. (We were entertained by a Wii)

Reverend Blood
06-12-2013, 11:59 AM
Xbox wins

I'm sure their menu and optimizations will always be better.

PS4 wins
Price
No forced Eye/Kinect type peripheral

I watched the PS4 UI video, and I swear they're ripping off Facebook, but replacing Farmville with Killzone.

Also, on the Kinect inclusion, it truly boggles my mind how anyone sees this as a negative.
That argument is like complaining that your cell phone has some dumb camera (or two) built into it.

Pace122004
06-12-2013, 12:04 PM

get back to the topic please..

I feel like john oliver "That was my point". you are arguing a "im leaving and never looking back" post with out any reasoning behind it warrants the respect of opinion yet my opinion holds no merit?

also never asked for help with my beliefs? please get back on topic please.

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 12:05 PM
I watched the PS4 UI video, and I swear they're ripping off Facebook, but replacing Farmville with Killzone.

Also, on the Kinect inclusion, it truly boggles my mind how anyone sees this as a negative.
That argument is like complaining that your cell phone has some dumb camera (or two) built into it.

About the UI: Thats too bad.
Where is this vid I'd like to see the fail.

About the Kinect:
The side of the argument I take is that it's a useless peripheral to me. The only Kinect Games I've bought are exactly one. Fable for my wife. That was nothing but looking at a horses a$.$ for half the game. I have what came with the star wars bundle and that was horrible too.

We should have the choice if we want it not. Pushing into the home will only make more Kinect Mics in our games like this one. It's going ton increase the horrible audio experience we're getting in all games as is.

There is a market but it's not exactly a huge one.

Does the product work? Yes.
Did they improve it? Yes.
Lower the cost of the box by making it available to anyone that actually wants it. Mine just sits there waiting for when I want to talk to my out of country friends. That is a rarity.

I'm not touting the conspiracy theorists point of view of it always there and possibly spying on me so that camera analogy is rather a weak point in why we should be saddled with the device.

What is a good reason for us to be stuck with it?

Mirimon
06-12-2013, 12:25 PM
you are arguing a "im leaving and never looking back" post with out any reasoning behind it warrants the respect of opinion yet my opinion holds no merit?

er.... that post you quoted isn't an argument to anybody's post....
do you need some water or something??

@Reverend Blood..

no.. vastly different on all accounts.. your analogy of the cell phone is way off as well. if having a camera really matters, you can get the eye for 60 and still spend less in total than buying an xbox..., the concept that m$ force the product on to people, and then demanded a much higher price with it.... cmon now....

as for connectivity.. as a person living in area rife with tornados and floods... i can tell you.. not even the best coverage of cell phones will have you connected all of the time.. with breaks in service sometimes lasting much longer than 24 hours..

as a person who still contracts overseas and to combat zones.... for R&R a system without the need for internet will be highly prized over a useless brick. Even in Qutar, they networked a massive LAN party room to play nothing but halo.. talking about nearly a hundred people playing (despite having to constantly replace units every other week from burning out, as they were being used far more than the average xbox). even in some hell hole like the Triangle of death, where mortar attacks were a bed time lullaby, internet was through highly restricted channels, and we were lucky to see anything close to fresh fruit, we networked several systems between tents for our off time activities. Playing socom we did convoy escort and PSD scenarios, effectively practicing our ttp's and sops for contact while relaxing in a slightly less stressful environment.(mind you, that was on a ps2 soo old and shot up from bosnia and iraq that it did not look at all like a console..still plays to this day, while new xbox's were burning out every 4 months, and required additional converter systems to even turn on.)

in one place they wanted to do a Dell contract to set up a bunch of chat stations.. at about $1200 a pop... (yes.. that was the contracted bid), i actually turned them on to using a bunch of playstations, saving alot of $$ up fron and in the long run reliability and durability, being able to double for other R&R purposes....

online only.. has pretty significant effects on their market.. and shows they plan to sell to only a few categories of people, leaving some locally, and MANY globally out of the loop on that.

Satsuki
06-12-2013, 12:45 PM
Just wanted to post some general thoughts by a person who will be buying an Xbox One.

I'm getting both, eventually, but I'm getting the X1 first. All other issues aside, its about the games. X1 just has more of the ones I want to play; Titanfall, Halo, Forza. And the majority of the other games shown at E3 that I want, like Destiny, Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts III and The Crew are multiplatform anyway.

About the X1's problems, I can only say that most don't apply to me. I rarely buy anything used (I'm a big stickler for keeping discs pristine) and I tend to only buy games I'm reasonably sure I will like so I rarely trade in anything. I have stable internet, and when it does go down (usually in a storm) It comes back quickly and I generally do other things anyway besides gaming when its off.

The Kinect is my only real issue. I'm a mute so I couldn't use it even if I wanted. I do think its stupid you have to plug it in for the system to work, so mine will probably just get tape over the camera and shoved in the corner facing the wall and forgotten about.

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 12:56 PM
Just wanted to post some general thoughts by a person who will be buying an Xbox One.

I'm getting both, eventually, but I'm getting the X1 first. All other issues aside, its about the games. X1 just has more of the ones I want to play; Titanfall, Halo, Forza. And the majority of the other games shown at E3 that I want, like Destiny, Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts III and The Crew are multiplatform anyway.

About the X1's problems, I can only say that most don't apply to me. I rarely buy anything used (I'm a big stickler for keeping discs pristine) and I tend to only buy games I'm reasonably sure I will like so I rarely trade in anything. I have stable internet, and when it does go down (usually in a storm) It comes back quickly and I generally do other things anyway besides gaming when its off.

The Kinect is my only real issue. I'm a mute so I couldn't use it even if I wanted. I do think its stupid you have to plug it in for the system to work, so mine will probably just get tape over the camera and shoved in the corner facing the wall and forgotten about.

That's what I will be doing with my Kinect when I get the system. It's confirmed you can do everything with another controller and the hand gestures and voice commands are really just "Extras". I still dont see a real viable reason to increase the price and force it on 100% of XB1 owners.

Satsuki
06-12-2013, 01:02 PM
Its funny that two big, "Core Audience" games that were being made for the Kinect one- Ryse and Crimson Dragon- are now X1 games that either added controller support or ditched Kinect completely.

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 01:14 PM
Its funny that two big, "Core Audience" games that were being made for the Kinect one- Ryse and Crimson Dragon- are now X1 games that either added controller support or ditched Kinect completely.

Yup! people just aren't that into it.

Demoniku22
06-12-2013, 01:37 PM
The Sony thing is old news. it is in no way a change from the current model that is deployed. I'm not so sure why people are latching on to it now. Users today have to pay for online passes if the publisher does so.

I do a ton of offline things on my tablet. every user is different. Especially games and thing with my son like flash cards and learning tools that do not require you to be online. Again every user is different.

I think this about sums up what I am trying to say about M$'s policies.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/7417-Next-Gen-Buyers-Guide

Some will accept them (the policies) some don't. I personally will HAVE to accept it if I want to play titan fall or any of the xbox exclusives. I don't have to like it. The response to Sony's announcement is an indication how the market feels about it.

I'm not bashing the system itself just company policy. I sit on both sides of the PS3/Xbox 360 fence now and own both and still play both. I will in the future.

Actualy you don't have to accept it since "Titanfall" is coming to the 360 and PC as well.

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 01:47 PM
Actualy you don't have to accept it since "Titanfall" is coming to the 360 and PC as well.

Im a mac dude. I totally lose out on the PC side of things even though my system has the power to handle it.

But hey I get team fortress on steam!!!!
*im so sad at myself for this*