PDA

View Full Version : Compensation...

Proverbs2720
06-12-2013, 07:12 AM
I think Trion should give everyone a free random Orange with an EGO of 1 for our suffering. At least that would be something.

The Grey Jackal
06-12-2013, 07:24 AM
At this rate I just want them to fix the damn problems at hand and then release the dlc later... so I don't feel like I threw my money into the blender for 5 mins of amusement. I love the game but damn... at the very lest tell us wtf is going on.

ZOSO62
06-12-2013, 07:26 AM
At this rate I just want them to fix the damn problems at hand and then release the dlc later... so I don't feel like I threw my money into the blender for 5 mins of amusement. I love the game but damn... at the very lest tell us wtf is going on.

Now this I agree with...

Reverend Blood
06-12-2013, 07:26 AM
Compensation for what? It's not a monthly subscription game. You're not losing any money by not being able to play for any length of time.

ZOSO62
06-12-2013, 07:28 AM
Compensation for what? It's not a monthly subscription game. You're not losing any money by not being able to play for any length of time.

Now this is not necessarily true if said person has purchased boosts that actually cost real world money...

born2beagator
06-12-2013, 07:32 AM
Now this is not necessarily true if said person has purchased boosts that actually cost real world money...

Then that is their choice. The only thing that trion should do about that is put the boost back up from where it was lost

ZOSO62
06-12-2013, 07:43 AM
Then that is their choice. The only thing that trion should do about that is put the boost back up from where it was lost

I agree with your thought process but the actuality of the situation is that Trion does not put lost time back on the clock when the servers are down. I am not complaining about compensation of any sort, I actually love the game. I have made the decision to NOT purchase anything from the in-game store until they actually fix the game and the servers...

Reverend Blood
06-12-2013, 07:46 AM
In that case, yes, they should grant you back lost time for boosts that people paid money for, however, the entitlement syndrome that the OP seems to be suffering from, feeling that he should get a free legendary item, simply because he couldn't play, is ridiculous.

ZOSO62
06-12-2013, 07:49 AM
In that case, yes, they should grant you back lost time for boosts that people paid money for, however, the entitlement syndrome that the OP seems to be suffering from, feeling that he should get a free legendary item, simply because he couldn't play, is ridiculous.

Yeah I would rather earn my stuff even though I have been playing since launch and to date have not even seen an Orange, and really what does the color of the weapon even matter as the Whites are just as good as the Oranges...

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 08:11 AM

Their list is so long that will mean no DLC forever.

That being said if they did get it in order the new DLC would break stuff anyway and be another fiasco.

I say launch the DLC get through the garbage downtime and release and move on.

KillerBee21
06-12-2013, 08:15 AM

I agree with you 100%

HanginJohnny
06-12-2013, 08:18 AM
Yeah I would rather earn my stuff even though I have been playing since launch and to date have not even seen an Orange, and really what does the color of the weapon even matter as the Whites are just as good as the Oranges...

I got a legendary in my very first lockbox,that was like day one or two. Its also certainly better than a white. This was before shotguns were tweaked but when I was using it I was always coming in top 5 on arkfalls

ZOSO62
06-12-2013, 10:12 AM
I got a legendary in my very first lockbox,that was like day one or two. Its also certainly better than a white. This was before shotguns were tweaked but when I was using it I was always coming in top 5 on arkfalls

Truly happy for you and the Legendary you received but I really don't see the difference between a Legendary and a white that basically has the same stats other than maybe the synergy's. I too finish most arkfalls in the top 5 to 10 but then again I use a SAW most of the time.

Hawk skinner
06-12-2013, 10:30 AM
The game does not have to be pay to play, they sold us a license agreement and the product is required to function. If this does not happen the company is at fault and should have to answer for it.

Pace122004
06-12-2013, 10:39 AM
The game does not have to be pay to play, they sold us a license agreement and the product is required to function. If this does not happen the company is at fault and should have to answer for it.

thats like paying for a movie that starts out good and slowly gets worse then asking for a refund when you walk out after the credits. also I don't think you know what a license agreement is, all a license agreement is to protect the IP (basically they don't want you to distribute, change, or copy their intellectual property). it doesn't say anything about the game having to satisfy each individual customer to any given point.

lordchun
06-12-2013, 10:44 AM
You really need to read one of these things. In all video game licenses its states that u as the consumer bought the right to play. The company actually dosent have to fix bugs or lag or anything really. Plus they have the right to discontinue the servers at their discretion.

So really as the a video game consumer you don't really have any rights. Sorry but we all agree to it every time we buy a game

Proverbs2720
06-12-2013, 10:57 AM
Ummm, they sold me the game which would imply they would maintain the servers to play it on. Since I have a life I buy bitz so I don't have to slave away to earn fun stuff. So the stuff I buy using bitz I'd like to use. In order to use the the servers need to be up. I didn't ask for money back and I didn't condemn them as failures for not being able to maintain a decent up-time. I simply said that it would be nice for them to make up for the servers being down. Shaking lose a classy random weapon cost them nothing and provides us a little fun.

SebastianGomez
06-12-2013, 11:08 AM
The only thing I want to be compensated for is the lost time on boosts. I dont need an apology, I dont need a legendary weapon. Just get the damn thing running smoothly.

As for the guy saying oranges and whites are the same: I use a legendary Nomad smg and am number 1 in Arkfalls 95% of the time, number 1 in Sieges 75% (cause of the punks that stand on unreachable places and rain down their launchers) unless I show up late. Had I been using my white nomad, no way dude. Synergies + the right Mods make a world of a difference.

ZOSO62
06-12-2013, 11:34 AM
The only thing I want to be compensated for is the lost time on boosts. I dont need an apology, I dont need a legendary weapon. Just get the damn thing running smoothly.

As for the guy saying oranges and whites are the same: I use a legendary Nomad smg and am number 1 in Arkfalls 95% of the time, number 1 in Sieges 75% (cause of the punks that stand on unreachable places and rain down their launchers) unless I show up late. Had I been using my white nomad, no way dude. Synergies + the right Mods make a world of a difference.

and if you have read my posts as a whole and not just a small portion of the conversation you would have noticed that I said I haven't come across any legendary weapons and I'm damn sure not going to pay some of the inflated costs people seem to want for them and for the most part I am not missing anything by not having an orange in my inventory or load out. That being said I am happy for anyone that is enjoying themselves in this game, being number one on the leaderboards is pointless other than the amount of keycodes you earn so that doesn't impress me much.