PDA

View Full Version : What good are shield resistances?

Muffins
06-12-2013, 07:30 AM
In an Hellbug Arkfall I was sick of being goo'd on all the time so I threw on a bio resistance shield and it honestly seems as if it does nothing. Duration seems the same as does the frequency.

cusman
06-12-2013, 07:49 AM
In an Hellbug Arkfall I was sick of being goo'd on all the time so I threw on a bio resistance shield and it honestly seems as if it does nothing. Duration seems the same as does the frequency.

Who knows if it is a bug or the resistance effectiveness just isn't designed right.

Hithlum
06-12-2013, 07:58 AM
Are you sure frequency is the same? Doesn't seem like that to me, at least for normal weapons. Maybe bug thing doesn't count as a nano effect?

Burntpowder
06-12-2013, 08:00 AM
I wear fire resistance shields, I still have to stop drop and roll, though less than if I wasn't wearing it.

It's not immunity, it's resistance.

Myria
06-12-2013, 08:03 AM
Honestly without any indicators for when something procs we have no real idea what's working and what's not, nor frankly is there enough information in many cases to make even a guess at what "as intended" might be.

Unfortunately I suspect this is by design, and thus not likely to change anytime soon :(.

Ryme
06-12-2013, 08:11 AM
I consider resistances secondary to any other effect that doesn't show an actual number. You're not even sure if it affects duration or initial application.

Muffins
06-12-2013, 08:29 AM
I wear fire resistance shields, I still have to stop drop and roll, though less than if I wasn't wearing it.

It's not immunity, it's resistance.
Yeah but the only thing after application is duration, which I don't feel is any different with or without. It seems as if rolling still takes the same amount (usually two for me), or the seconds if you just walk it off.

I consider resistances secondary to any other effect that doesn't show an actual number. You're not even sure if it affects duration or initial application.
Yeah I go for everything else too but this shield is nice. Like I said though I was sick of being in an arkfall, aiming at that bug atop its throne then having a hellbug goo me from out of my view and my damage gets halved.

Judgement Dave
06-12-2013, 08:30 AM
It could even be something like the intensity of the effect.

KillerBee21
06-12-2013, 08:33 AM

Yup i had the same thing with mine so i sold it and got a fire one it works sometimes, but that is better then no time.

Burntpowder
06-12-2013, 08:50 AM
Yeah but the only thing after application is duration, which I don't feel is any different with or without. It seems as if rolling still takes the same amount (usually two for me), or the seconds if you just walk it off.

Yeah I go for everything else too but this shield is nice. Like I said though I was sick of being in an arkfall, aiming at that bug atop its throne then having a hellbug goo me from out of my view and my damage gets halved.

depends on the attacker.

archers and blastpods, 2 rolls. everyone else only requires 1 roll. my experience.

fang1192
06-12-2013, 09:33 AM
I'm pretty sure the Archer goo blasts are guaranteed bio nano no matter what. Just as the northstar flare, incinerator, or bonfire weapons will set things on fire. Resistance, as i see it, only comes into play when there is a chance of a nano proccing.