PDA

View Full Version : Salvage Matrix Costs ... again

Radbane
06-12-2013, 08:23 AM
We all know the cost curve is broken, but I would like a red-name tell me if there's any plans to adjust this, or if they're happy with it as it is?

It's becoming a gamebreaker for me who enjoys customization, but with the cost going up so fast while the income stays the same I cannot have fun with this part of the game =(

Hiero Glyph
06-12-2013, 08:26 AM
+1. Defiance is the only MMO that punishes you for reaching a higher level due to fixed sell/salvage rewards no matter what EGO rating the item has. The salvage cost are then multiplied by this same EGO rating, which makes it very unfair.

Rock Lobsta
06-12-2013, 08:26 AM
I agree...It costs me somewhere around 600k salvage to open up all the mods slots in a gun around my level....And im only half way to being level maxed...

Muffins
06-12-2013, 08:32 AM
I really don't bother with adding mod slots unless it's an orange weapon... Even with 200k ark salvage saved up I just know that if I get an orange it'll cost me something much too excessive.
The good thing though is I've noticed since hitting ego 3200, my weapons I've been finding have gone from the usual 1~2 slots to 3.

Radbane
06-12-2013, 12:36 PM
*Bump* ... Because I really want to know if there's an answer

Aerion
06-12-2013, 12:49 PM
I really don't bother with adding mod slots unless it's an orange weapon... Even with 200k ark salvage saved up I just know that if I get an orange it'll cost me something much too excessive.
The good thing though is I've noticed since hitting ego 3200, my weapons I've been finding have gone from the usual 1~2 slots to 3.
Weapon quality has nothing to do with matrix cost. It was only the case for resetting mastery until it got changed. The calculation is simple, [weapon ego] x ([mod slot #]*10). So always 10, 20, 30 or 40 times the ego level for any operation other than removing mods (which I can't understand how it's calculated, but it's so low that it doesn't matter).

Also, at 2k and 4k+ ego your weapons will be consistently dropping with all mod slots open. That will not help you one bit if you want to retrieve your mods though.

If they'd only make the salvage reward based on quality and ego level, it would all even out.
[item ego] x [1|2|3|4|5] = salvage
So for an ego 5000 orange you'd get 25k salvage, which would be the maximum available.

But noooo, let's punish the no-lifers...

0_d4RK_FaLLen
06-12-2013, 01:11 PM
Would definitely like to see a change to this

Conneri
06-12-2013, 01:32 PM
If they'd only make the salvage reward based on quality and ego level, it would all even out.
[item ego] x [1|2|3|4|5] = salvage
So for an ego 5000 orange you'd get 25k salvage, which would be the maximum available.
I really like this idea as long as they scale Key costs to EGO level as well to compensate. Maybe not that exact number but the concept would be nice.

Aerion
06-12-2013, 02:01 PM
I really like this idea as long as they scale Key costs to EGO level as well to compensate. Maybe not that exact number but the concept would be nice.
You mean like a baseline cost (like 1k) + ego level? ya, that would work. 6k at max ego, would take around 400k salvage for a T4 box. This seems exorbitant right now, until you realize you'd make much more the longer you play. I wouldn't mind too much, since I only buy keys to fill the blanks to a total 24.

Honestly, key cost didn't even enter my mind, it's just the matrix costs/rewards not scaling that bugs me.

Wtflag
06-12-2013, 04:00 PM
You will get all 4 slots opened (consistently) at about 4500 ego level.

I do agree that the prices are a kick to the nuts for those in-between the levels 1500 and 4500.

The main problem is that higher ego weapons don't give more salvage. If they want to scale the cost, they need to scale the earnings as well.

Another problem is that being higher level means that stuff you find are pretty much nearly untradeable. How many players are ego 4000+? And wouldn't most of them already have whatever you are trying to sell by that level? This is the other part of how been high level is punished.

Uvirith
06-12-2013, 11:11 PM
Bump, an official answer would be great. As of now, customization as well as farming isnīt fun anymore.

Xazur
06-13-2013, 01:57 AM
Costs needs balancing, its simply too high. Plus I also agree that costs should also depend on rarity. It's dumb to see adding mod slot to a Ego 4000 rating Green weapon cost 90k salvage for a 3rd slot.

IGears
06-13-2013, 05:19 AM
at least tell us how does the game determine how much ark salvage we have spend on a weapon...like is it based off Weapon Skill level, Ego Rating, or what?

I have Blue VOT Pulser at 2,180 ego for the weapon, with one slot mod open, and my skill level is 11. To do a Mastery reset of the weapon, it only cost 4k ark salvage. but to add a Mod slot to the weapon it cost about 16,000 ark salvage. so it just all confusing for me.

Conneri
06-13-2013, 05:36 AM
Honestly, key cost didn't even enter my mind, it's just the matrix costs/rewards not scaling that bugs me.
The other option here would be to just reduce the scaling of matrix costs. By increasing our rewards, we aren't really doing anything since rewards need to go up semi even with cost. We just get the benefit of bigger numbers.

Ceger
06-13-2013, 07:30 AM
The costs are just to high. Aside from costs for adding mod slots which can be understandable, they need to change the entire cost and layout of mod removal and retrieval. These things should only cost time, not resources. I should be able to change/remove individual mods on weapons easily. Its annoying seeing the image of your gun with its mod rails which in real life means instant mod changes, but in Defiance costs an arm and a leg, forces you to lose all mods on a switch out or lose a weapon to retrieve a mod.

Additionally, why do weapons max out in level progression? What does it matter if I use one weapon over and over, how does it possibly equate to any realism that my skill would not continue to increase?

The entire mod situation needs a major overhaul.

Ceger

RazErCool
06-13-2013, 07:33 AM
Costs me 2000 scrip to reset the mastery on my green AR. Wait to use your best weapon when you have hit lvl 20. hardly a difference in stats between weapon colors.

angryglock
06-13-2013, 07:57 AM
I'd like to see Trion comment on the salvage costs as well. It's a game breaker for me.

Xazur
06-13-2013, 12:25 PM
One of my friends playing the game had a reply from support about salvage costs. The person used a car analogy, well you see, the better the car, the more expensive the part. The logic drops somewhere along those lines.

Indra Echo
06-13-2013, 12:37 PM

For me for the most part it makes far more sense to respec my lower level weapons. I save adding mod slots for when I have a specific thing in mind-assassin mod for assassin weapon that I like.

Indra Echo
06-13-2013, 12:42 PM
One of my friends playing the game had a reply from support about salvage costs. The person used a car analogy, well you see, the better the car, the more expensive the part. The logic drops somewhere along those lines.

It actually does make sense because the weapon's "value" goes up according to its level but it doesn't translate in terms of salvage. If I have a weapon that says it's worth 5500 (a purple) and one that is worth 5025 when I salvage them I get the same amount of salvage from them. If I sell them I might get a quarter of that value in scrip from a vendor. So, there is no way to equate the value of the item to salvage. That's what's missing.

There are what, 4 categories of salvage all based solely on color. You get the same amount in salvage whether you are breaking down a green mod or a green SAW with Assassin synergy AND full mod slots.

What I'd like to see is at least some type of bonus salvage based upon weapon level (weapon value) AND mod slots AND mods attached. Perhaps too complex so maybe at least some bump like this:

Green base weapon-500
For each 500 level EGO rank up, a bonus of 50
For each open mod slot, a bonus of 50
Full mod slot, a bonus of 75 instead of 50.

That way at level 500, a blank weapon is worth 500
At level 3000, a fully modded green weapon is worth like 1100 in salvage if I did the math right.

Or just make the salvage value comparable to some percentage of what the stated value of the weapon is, that way when the weapon values increase, the salvage value does too.

Uvirith
06-13-2013, 11:56 PM
another bump, still no official answer.

RogueNineCH
06-14-2013, 06:01 AM

Okay fine, then they should at least increase the resources you get breaking things down. At 2300 EGO I am lucky if I get a gun that has ONE slot opened, it's ridiculous how much time it takes to acquire the Ark resources necessary to open mod slots. Also the cost of resources to remove and retrieve mods needs to go. Like a previous poster said, why? And why does it have to be the gun or the mods that we keep? Why do we have to remove all of them at once? Why when I go to see what the mods are on a gun are the names messed up half the time? Why can't there be a description of the mod and what synergy it has (if any)?

These are things I hope Trion addresses eventually, it would improve enjoyment of the game considerably.

Radbane
06-17-2013, 01:48 AM

Yeah well, I'd buy that logic IF the things actually were better. The only thing I see that has changed on my weapons is the actual EGO number. The stats are the same.

So going back to that car anology I still use the same old car, just have to pay much more for service for reasons unknown.

o Mr Punchy o
06-17-2013, 02:06 AM
I have just resorted to making a new character and buying weapons that are level 0 then asking a friend to give them back to me on my main character the weapons have exactly the same stats and are considerably cheaper in salvage to add mod slots, retrieve mods, reset mastery etc.

BadMoFoJay
06-17-2013, 02:35 AM
Bump, this really needs to be addressed; it's part of the reason I took a break for a couple weeks.

Shada Mori
06-17-2013, 02:37 AM
What I don't get is why it costs so much to recover a mod from a gun? Shouldn't the fact that it destroys the gun be enough? Why do you have to use up salvage to salvage something?

Radbane
06-19-2013, 01:16 AM
I've come to the point that I do not want more EGO (3000+ now). The rewards are really not worth the price.