PDA

View Full Version : so sledge just stated on the live stream about resetting gun mastery.

Blueandwhite87
06-12-2013, 11:14 AM
that when you do this you have a chance for a random new mastery bonus, however iv done this about 5-6 times and same bonus everytime.

sooo

Has anyone ever got a new mastery bonus on this even just 1 time?

Finish the Fight
06-12-2013, 11:20 AM
My Mastery has hasn't changed...thankfully. I have the one I want.

Omnifarious Xji
06-12-2013, 11:23 AM
Mine's never changed, I've reset a few different guns a couple of times now. I think it's bugged, lol.

4ndreas
06-12-2013, 11:33 AM
Acording to the tooltip it's wai.

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 11:35 AM
Once again they say something that SHOULD be in the game but is broken :(

TBH I haven't even touched the weapon remastery. too expensive for what you get. Quicker and easier for me to just use the drops I get and use them to level up.

Moa
06-12-2013, 11:37 AM
My buddy has an Orange SAW and he's shown it to me in the trade screen. He's "rerolled" it a few times and it has changed. Unless he just happens to have a plethora of Orange SAW's and is fooling me lol.

cab0218
06-12-2013, 11:38 AM
So he has time to live stream but not come on here and answer questions?

greatdividers
06-12-2013, 11:40 AM

he's at E3

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 11:41 AM
He's higher up and would have other duties.

That and he most likely does have the time however his upper management does dictate the messages he can and can not say.
At this point it's better for them to remain a bit silence because good news or not this community goes ape shtako.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
06-12-2013, 11:51 AM
My buddy has an Orange SAW and he's shown it to me in the trade screen. He's "rerolled" it a few times and it has changed. Unless he just happens to have a plethora of Orange SAW's and is fooling me lol.

might not be the reset mastery, I have few weapons that still give random rerolls on the bonus everytime I log in

TravelerX1
06-12-2013, 11:55 AM
that when you do this you have a chance for a random new mastery bonus, however iv done this about 5-6 times and same bonus everytime.

sooo

Has anyone ever got a new mastery bonus on this even just 1 time?

And we can get orange drops from random mobs too!

Anarchos
06-12-2013, 12:06 PM
I think they changed the weapon mastery reset cost to scale with item quality a week or so back.

Orange weapons cost 25k to reset last time I checked.

That's a fairly decent price.

Would be nice to be able to get a new mastery bonus tho, because most of my guns have crap bonuses.. like 10% damage on the last bullet in the clip etc.

Burntpowder
06-12-2013, 12:22 PM
I think they changed the weapon mastery reset cost to scale with item quality a week or so back.

Orange weapons cost 25k to reset last time I checked.

That's a fairly decent price.

Would be nice to be able to get a new mastery bonus tho, because most of my guns have crap bonuses.. like 10% damage on the last bullet in the clip etc.

I can confirm, rarity level is the determining factor in reset costs. As for bonus, once attained mine have never changed, no matter the times I've reset them.

IAMVILELENT
06-12-2013, 12:55 PM
Lets keep this on topic and try to get a Dev response, because if this is true then I can fix half the broken sh*t I have. If it's bugged, then we as a community need to get the devs to fix this, because it seemed like this was 99% of our problems with the weapon reroll, was that it didn't give a new mastery. So now it was supposed to be doing that??

squidgod2000
06-12-2013, 01:10 PM
Tooltip: Does not reset bonus.
Devs: Does reset bonus.

Effect of resetting and releveling a weapon: Bonus does not change.
Effect of ignoring the bonus and just playing: Bonus changes.

Sounds like Defiance to me.

IAMVILELENT
06-12-2013, 01:10 PM

Sadly this seems to be the case right now lol...

Sdric
06-12-2013, 01:11 PM
Just tried it.
Bonus stays.
Ark salvage wasted.
Great...

Cavadus
06-12-2013, 01:24 PM
Sledge is pretty much always wrong when he opens his yap about game mechanics. He's the least knowledgeable community manager I've ever experienced.

Crisco
06-12-2013, 01:25 PM
I've reset an LMG (FRC SAW) maybe six or seven times and the mastery has changed once. Did he say what the chance was, like 15% or whatever?

Burntpowder
06-12-2013, 01:41 PM
Just tried it.
Bonus stays.
Ark salvage wasted.
Great...

o.O

Well if it's a decent weapon and you are trying to max out your weapon skill... it's not a waste at all.

Shogo_Yahagi
06-12-2013, 01:43 PM

He never said it was going to be easy.

yossarian229
06-12-2013, 01:49 PM
I've reset my legendary cluster shot and vbi smg about 5 times each now and neither of their mastery bonuses have changed.

IAMVILELENT
06-12-2013, 01:57 PM
If you can afford to keep doing it, id say try till it changes, so we can verify lol. Nothing else to spend salvage on anyways. I'll be reseting my LMGS when I get home, I'll sh*t a brick if I get another crit or fire rate modifier. The x1.10 dmg is ok, but I dont notice it really.

Raddyman
06-12-2013, 02:06 PM
Dang!! i haven't even checked! i hope not as i have been resetting my good guns with decent bonuses!

Still, if so that's cool. Although it would have been nice to know that prior to resetting Good bonus guns a bunch of times.

Arsenic_Touch
06-12-2013, 02:08 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. So I'm going to have Core Legion do some testing, since we have so many players we may be able to confirm it.

Youkai Risu
06-12-2013, 02:12 PM

he's at E3

go figure trying to still sell a broken game......trion is starting to becoming like atari did for test drive unlimited 2......the gamers crashed the forums since the dev would not listen about the game bugs that made it impossible to play. i hope that doesnt happen here but with the theifing going on with bits i wont hold my breath.

Raddyman
06-12-2013, 02:16 PM
Well i checked and so far nothing has changed. And one of the weapons i reset 2-3 times a day atleast (probably alot more) so .. could just be pretty rare

maxila
06-12-2013, 02:17 PM

Sledge has also said on this forum all mobs have a small chance to drop an orange, I have never seen or talked to anyone who has even seen a mob drop a purple. I am almost EGO 3000 and have asked about this on the forum too.

I don't think Sledge is in the know on what is supposed to happen vs what actually happens in game.

greatdividers
06-12-2013, 02:22 PM
blah blah

with how many bugs this game has, it's infinitely more likely that you should be able to get orange drops and something is screwed up. same with the weapon mastery on reset.

i find it hilarious that so many people get so upset with how many bugs there are but as soon as something is easily explained with bugs you completely forget about them.

Hiero Glyph
06-12-2013, 03:20 PM
Sledge is pretty much always wrong when he opens his yap about game mechanics. He's the least knowledgeable community manager I've ever experienced.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure community managers for other games know more about Defiance than Sledge does. Note how he never provides any evidence to support his statements. At this point anything Sledge says should get the auto-reply: screenshot or it didn't happen.

NomadPhx
06-13-2013, 09:53 PM
i believe them to be broken. all my purple weapons from the faction vendors. and my purifier shotgun dont keep their mastery bonuses, everytime i change phases or instances or really anything they change and its getting rather annoying. i know every game especially mmo types go through growing pains and problems but how many face the release their platform's successor? Especially if its the pinnacle of gaming technology(yet to be seen) my biggest question is how much effort and thought is going into PS4 porting? as long as they plan on the game living long, why not?

BrassRazoo
06-13-2013, 10:23 PM
Apologies if someone has mentioned this but I have reset weapon mastery a few times of the same two weapons, as they are easy to level for their type, and when my XP resets the mastery bonus remains.
Not much chance of getting a different bonus if the original bonus stays.

NomadPhx
06-13-2013, 10:40 PM
only my faction and dlc weapons change mastery and without touching the mastery reset.

los77
06-13-2013, 10:47 PM
Yes Mine changed but get this, it would not stop changing. Every time i looked at it had a new bonus, most of today and all yesterday. Went from bonus damage to bonus crit to bonus for shooting in the back to revive recharge to grenade recharge to clip reload to reload speed to bonus mag just kept switching and i had no say in the matter. It finally stopped and went back to original bonus and yes i did notice all the changes in game it was cool when i got what i wanted but kept switching.

NomadPhx
06-13-2013, 10:51 PM
ive had mine for 3 weeks lol only switches between 5-6 different bonuses though. buy a frontier saw from top notch and max it out, youll see.

Zabuza
06-13-2013, 11:03 PM
When are you all going to realize Sledge is the biggest troll on the forums?

This isn't the first time this has happened... or the second...

piedlpiper
06-13-2013, 11:14 PM
Unless you have an option of selecting it NOT be changed, I prefer it not to change at all.

bootymode
06-13-2013, 11:30 PM
Orange weapons drop from mobs all the time, same with mods. Mod caches dropped all synergy mods before the patch you just had to try really hard. Reseting a weapons xp has a chance to reset the mastery bonus it's just a low percentage, besides it only cost 25k ark salvage to do it, who needs ark salvage when you can get all the boxes you want with bits! So once you spend a few million salvage resetting the mastery bonus on your new favorite weapon, head on down to trion worlds to celebrate by taking a magical ride on sledge's rainbow farting unicorn :D

NomadPhx
06-13-2013, 11:32 PM
Id love that feature. or maybe a list of bonuses you can choose from that are specific to that weapon type and depending on the bonus have to refill the mastery bar accordingly; reload bonus would take take 1million weapon expo and something like critical multiplyer would be 1.5 million while +% on health/ego could be around 2 million because its more valuable? just a thought....
though if defiance isnt going to the next generation i fear ill be leaving it in the digital dust, especially if the PS4 has the exact opposite launch that ps3 had(decent library, cheap console, ACTUAL DUALSHOCK CONTROLLER lol and enough to go around)

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
06-14-2013, 01:04 AM
Mine has changed several times, and sometimes to my chagrin.

Hiero Glyph
06-14-2013, 07:02 AM
Orange weapons drop from mobs all the time, same with mods. Mod caches dropped all synergy mods before the patch you just had to try really hard. Reseting a weapons xp has a chance to reset the mastery bonus it's just a low percentage, besides it only cost 25k ark salvage to do it, who needs ark salvage when you can get all the boxes you want with bits! So once you spend a few million salvage resetting the mastery bonus on your new favorite weapon, head on down to trion worlds to celebrate by taking a magical ride on sledge's rainbow farting unicorn :D

What's funny is that someone from the community will confirm that they have a found a unicorn to ride shortly. Other than that, all of the above is true.

Burntpowder
06-14-2013, 08:34 AM
What's funny is that someone from the community will confirm that they have a found a unicorn to ride shortly. Other than that, all of the above is true.

I have one, but sadly it does not fart rainbows... I'm still searching for that one. This one only farts cap'n crunch berries, it's for sale...

Epox
06-14-2013, 08:52 AM
Those of you that ARE seeing your mastery change, are you zoning in and out of instances or logging in and out? I have had my mastery change on many guns when I do any of the above.

bigguy
06-14-2013, 09:07 AM
my salvage matrix actually says this will not change the mastery bonus

Zugo
06-14-2013, 09:25 AM
I've reset an LMG (FRC SAW) maybe six or seven times and the mastery has changed once. Did he say what the chance was, like 15% or whatever?

This makes me happy, I have an almost perfect orange with the exception of the bonus roll. If you are certain this is the case, do you recall the approximate date it changed?

IAMVILELENT
06-14-2013, 09:28 AM
9/10 Reseting, and then leveling, on a non rep vendor weapon. So far nothing. I'm not even going to bother to bring the weapon to mastery again. Even after it resets the bonus sits there still. I'm going to call BS on this people. Don't waste your salvage or time unless you really need to level something and don't want to buy vendor greens.

If someone says it did happen, I would want to see proof of it. I think people are mistaking this report, with the bug that's happening with rep vendor items.

bootymode
06-14-2013, 09:30 AM
This makes me happy, I have an almost perfect orange with the exception of the bonus roll. If you are certain this is the case, do you recall the approximate date it changed?

It was just after he took the ride on sledge's rainbow farting unicorn, that's when mine changed it was a magical experience I will never forget. Thank you trion for making it possible.

Zugo
06-14-2013, 09:35 AM
It was just after he took the ride on sledge's rainbow farting unicorn, that's when mine changed it was a magical experience I will never forget. Thank you trion for making it possible.

*sigh

Well it would be a great feature IF the percentage was small.

Shogo_Yahagi
06-14-2013, 11:12 AM
*sigh

Well it would be a great feature IF the percentage was small.
It would be a better feature if you could choose. If you have the setup you want, you wouldn't have to risk losing good bonuses. If you don't like the bonus you got, you could spin the wheel and see if you get something better when you max it out again. That way if you get some useless bonus like accuracy on a detonator or rate of fire on a bolt-action, you wouldn't have to throw it away.

Zugo
06-14-2013, 11:18 AM
It would be a better feature if you could choose. If you have the setup you want, you wouldn't have to risk losing good bonuses. If you don't like the bonus you got, you could spin the wheel and see if you get something better when you max it out again. That way if you get some useless bonus like accuracy on a detonator or rate of fire on a bolt-action, you wouldn't have to throw it away.

LOL, that's exactly what I got on my bolt action and to top it off it's fire rate after self revive.

Shogo_Yahagi
06-14-2013, 11:28 AM
LOL, that's exactly what I got on my bolt action and to top it off it's fire rate after self revive.

:D Yeah, I've had those too.

Burntpowder
06-14-2013, 03:44 PM

Better yet, would be a set table. Something like this...
1 reset you get -bloom
2 resets -recoil
3 resets syphon
4 resets self revive
etc...

Make resetting worth the ark salvage we are using.

OmniDevil
06-14-2013, 05:56 PM
Once again they say something that SHOULD be in the game but is broken :(

TBH I haven't even touched the weapon remastery. too expensive for what you get. Quicker and easier for me to just use the drops I get and use them to level up.

That's really odd. I have an FRC Saw (Epic), EGO: 2,149 and it only costs me 10,000 Ark Salvage to reset mastery. Does this increase or get more expensive the more mod slots you have added?

Alexri
06-14-2013, 08:08 PM
They have recently changed the cost of resetting a weapon, that much is clear. Waiting to hear (or see myself) someone say that they have done this since the change in reset cost and the bonus changed. Right now this thread is full of people blatantly stating they have reset X times without mentioning if that's since the change in reset cost or not