http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/06/12/e3-2013-previewing-defiances-new-dlc/

Sdric
06-12-2013, 01:20 PM
Upgradeable defense turrets?
Do want!

kelmian
06-12-2013, 01:34 PM
How about this entry...

Next, for those who enjoy multi-player mounts, Trion is adding a new four-person vehicle, and no, unlike the three-person one, this one is not limited to PvP. The four-person vehicle can be used in PvP and PvE and will include a mounted turret on the back
The 4 player car WILL have a turrent on back! All I can say is YAY!!!

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 01:37 PM
Yay just a tiny tiny bit of information from a third party and not trion themselves yet!!!

love the part:

There's no word on when the DLC will be released, but Trion's putting the finishing touches on it and hopes to release it soon.

Omnifarious Xji
06-12-2013, 02:02 PM
A turreted vehicle huh? Can't wait to see all the QQing over it from the "The Cerberus would be too OP in PvE!" crowd.

Valentine
06-12-2013, 02:08 PM
Swords!!! this warrior princess is happy! =))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Arsenic_Touch
06-12-2013, 02:09 PM
Don't know whether to laugh or cry that we have to get word on the chat overhaul from a third party source and not Trion. Assuming that piece of information is even true. x.x

Valanga
06-12-2013, 04:01 PM
Yay just a tiny tiny bit of information from a third party and not trion themselves yet!!!

love the part:

Cause whiners gonna whine.
Always.

baelrusk
06-12-2013, 04:04 PM
Cause whiners gonna whine.
Always.

It's in all rights to say that.
If it's finally going to be taken care of........shouldn't it be announced by the developer BEFORE a third party?

Fancypants
06-12-2013, 04:07 PM
How about this entry...

So you literally have to call 'shotgun'. Interesting.

Fancypants
06-12-2013, 04:09 PM
It's in all rights to say that.
If it's finally going to be taken care of........shouldn't it be announced by the developer BEFORE a third party?QFT.

Kinda like if you were working at Trion and hearing from Kotaku that you got laid off before you got your slip.

Wtflag
06-12-2013, 04:30 PM
Don't know whether to laugh or cry that we have to get word on the chat overhaul from a third party source and not Trion. Assuming that piece of information is even true. x.x

It is common practise that gaming companies keep the latest news and tidbits for the press and for the events.

If they released everything to forums/twitter/Facebook, how will the gaming magazine/websites have anything to write about?

And what would be the point of being in an event like E3 and show nothing new that people didn't already know?

In any case, Trion isn't the only developer to keep juicy information for the press. The whole industry does this.

baelrusk
06-12-2013, 04:34 PM
It is common practise that gaming companies keep the latest news and tidbits for the press and for the events.

If they released everything to forums/twitter/Facebook, how will the gaming magazine/websites have anything to write about?

And what would be the point of being in an event like E3 and show nothing new that people didn't already know?

In any case, Trion isn't the only developer to keep juicy information for the press. The whole industry does this.

It's not common practice with what are considered major issues with a game.

Lupis Volk
06-12-2013, 04:44 PM
How about this entry...

Finally i wanted this when the game came out.

Elric1
06-12-2013, 04:44 PM
What I like is finding out that all the games were ment to be on the same server if not for Microsoft. A huge selling point that was screwed over by a greedy maker of Xbox 'lost'. I just hope Defiance 2.0 for next gen won't even come out for their system so pc and ps4 players can enjoy it all together.

S1LENTx0N3
06-12-2013, 04:50 PM
What I like is finding out that all the games were ment to be on the same server if not for Microsoft. A huge selling point that was screwed over by a greedy maker of Xbox 'lost'. I just hope Defiance 2.0 for next gen won't even come out for their system so pc and ps4 players can enjoy it all together.

That's a dumb comment, anyway, I would just love to see them release a date for the dlc. Or atleast an expected date

Lupis Volk
06-12-2013, 04:52 PM
That's a dumb comment, anyway, I would just love to see them release a date for the dlc. Or atleast an expected date

Yes. just like State of Decay i'd like to see a projected release date.

Jokerz_89
06-12-2013, 04:55 PM
Didn't see this posted yet but here's a quick preview of the new DLC

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/06/12/e3-2013-previewing-defiances-new-dlc/

only thing that I wanna know about DLC is release date at this point...

There's no word on when the DLC will be released, but Trion's putting the finishing touches on it and hopes to release it soon.

Sigh... curse my impatience lol

Wtflag
06-12-2013, 05:06 PM
It's not common practice with what are considered major issues with a game.

From Trion's point of view, there is nothing wrong with the chat.

I mean, they did design the salvage matrix which requires 6-7 clicks to salvage one item after all, and was fine with releasing that.

Valanga
06-12-2013, 05:31 PM
Shouldn't be tomorrow Trion's conference?
Probably they'll give us the date of DLC... What makes you think they whould've miss an occasion like E3 to make the announcement?

Muffins
06-12-2013, 06:11 PM
Upgradeable turrets will be for the siege things only people, not overall use.

Though I am quite interested in these charge weapons. I've always enjoyed slow heavy hitting weapons!

Myst
06-12-2013, 06:15 PM
No date for this either, but digging what I read so far!

/sigh/

Commander Mongo
06-12-2013, 07:31 PM
There is no specific date yet, but Richardson is on a YouTube e3 interview and he stated "late July"

Muffins
06-12-2013, 07:49 PM
There is no specific date yet, but Richardson is on a YouTube e3 interview and he stated "late July"

Why is it always next month?

Yun
06-12-2013, 08:24 PM
I'm beginning to think at this point Trion could trademark the term "Next Month" just as people felt the same way every time Blizzard came out and said "Soon".

Fancypants
06-12-2013, 08:50 PM
Why is it always next month?I'll tell you Next Month™ why.