PDA

View Full Version : To Sledge and Myll - No Seriously this is good for you.

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 01:26 PM
Seriously guys. How do you put up with all of us (myself included).

I first commend you on your strength and constitution to have to put up with the internets.
I commend you secondly on your fortification to hold thy tongue when I KNOW you just want to choke the living shtako out of some of us.

To me I've never bashed you guys personally. Just the bugs and constant stuff that is NOT in your hands :)

I know your job isn't easy. I honestly don't blame you for having to be the mediator between all these bugs and problems and the devs and your upper management. You are the great wall between us and them.

So to you KUDOS personally, but seriously do you guys just go home crack a cold one and laugh it off?
Are there other games you play besides defiance?
Do you vent to the open ear of your spouses upon returning home??

What keeps you going and focused day in and day out here?

greatdividers
06-12-2013, 01:37 PM
calling people out by name, regardless of the intention, is against code of conduct and will get this thread closed.

that being said, i would crack a lot more than one when i got home

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 01:40 PM
calling people out by name, regardless of the intention, is against code of conduct and will get this thread closed.

that being said, i would crack a lot more than one when i got home

If that's the case that sucks cause all I'm trying to be is friendly to our over worked CMs

Shame.. we'll see what happens.

Yup Cracking a cold one would be me too.

Market
06-12-2013, 01:44 PM
Not enough booze on the planet to allow me to cope with some of the things I've seen around here...

Even if this does get closed, I want to add in my appreciation to those you mention!!

I'm patient, I'll hang in there till they get it worked out!!

Hats off to these guys, they must have excellent conviction to not run around screaming and pulling out hair... lol

LALLY
06-12-2013, 01:45 PM
If that's the case that sucks cause all I'm trying to be is friendly to our over worked CMs

Shame.. we'll see what happens.

Yup Cracking a cold one would be me too.

this is a bit weird, sledge is just a guy working for trion earning an income, I doubt he has to have a 'cool one' because of the forums. Im sure they just laugh at most of it to be honest.

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 01:52 PM
this is a bit weird, sledge is just a guy working for trion earning an income, I doubt he has to have a 'cool one' because of the forums. Im sure they just laugh at most of it to be honest.

Most likely. It may be a good job but he's the guy that has to message things out and take our crap.
Some people have that constitution some don't. Just like tech support. You have to be a certain individual to do that sort of shtako.

Don't you even want to give them some kind of praise for what they have to put up with?

LALLY
06-12-2013, 01:56 PM
Most likely. It may be a good job but he's the guy that has to message things out and take our crap.
Some people have that constitution some don't. Just like tech support. You have to be a certain individual to do that sort of shtako.

Don't you even want to give them some kind of praise for what they have to put up with?

no, not really, they don't have to put up with anything, just some forum posts that are not very nice....im sure they get paid well enough to handle it.......

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 02:00 PM
no, not really, they don't have to put up with anything, just some forum posts that are not very nice....im sure they get paid well enough to handle it.......

It's obvious they handle. I was asking what it is they do to handle...
I'd be in a bar every night that's just me and my wak constitution I guess ;)

LALLY
06-12-2013, 02:02 PM
It's obvious they handle. I was asking what it is they do to handle...
I'd be in a bar every night that's just me and my wak constitution I guess ;)

yeh, well if you feel like you would have to go to a bar every night to handle the 'stress' of forum posts over a computer game, good luck with life.

greatdividers
06-12-2013, 02:08 PM
yeh, well if you feel like you would have to go to a bar every night to handle the 'stress' of forum posts over a computer game, good luck with life.

it's not just a computer game forum to them, it's part of their job....

are you aware how many millions of people go to the bar and drink because of their job?

HELL MAMA
06-12-2013, 02:11 PM
thumbs up to you for posting this thread. what i really dont get is why cant people just ask when there is an issue. they just demand and rage about things and the bleeped out words is way over the top.

people is so use fast food fast net. and i want it now that they cant see that a mmo will be around a while. just calm down and wait ask for things nicely.

i think the devs and mods are doing a great job.

LALLY
06-12-2013, 02:12 PM

are you aware how many millions of people go to the bar and drink because of their job?

whats your point? should we all go to the bar because we are stressed?

Youkai Risu
06-12-2013, 02:19 PM
the sad part is theres 3 parts of this forum 1 people that complain to complain, 2 people that go too far the other direction and see the bugs but never do anything about it and act like their not there, and 3 people that state issues wrong with the game to fix it not to complain but have a overall better playing expirence. with that being said, unless these bugs are fixed for server disconnects and bits and or boosts lost and no care from trion on refunding such items as orange weapons disappearing and boosts being broken still... i wont buy another trion game. why people ask? i pay to play and i cant play with 15 plus server timeouts every hour.

Sledgehammer70
06-12-2013, 02:21 PM
This thread made me laugh...

I love the community regardless of their love or hate directed towards me. In every case everyone has an opinion and a point of view... In most cases their opinion is correct. I respect everyone who is apart of this community and as a gamer can understand some of the frustration that has been caused. I have thick skin and never take it personally, and look forward to being able to report and have reported issues addressed.

Overall our entire team is working as hard as we can to resolve remaining issues along with ones that have recently cropped up out of thin air. I am working to get the accurate information to provide the community an update. If anything, I appreciate your patience with us.

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 02:23 PM

Tons, thats why there is such a thing as Happy Hour!
It's not a coincidence they're mostly just after closing time at 5pm

KrypAl
06-12-2013, 02:24 PM

I love the community regardless of their love or hate directed towards me. In every case everyone has an opinion and a point of view... In most cases their opinion is correct. I respect everyone who is apart of this community and as a gamer can understand some of the frustration that has been caused. I have thick skin and never take it personally, and look forward to being able to report and have reported issues addressed.

Overall our entire team is working as hard as we can to resolve remaining issues along with ones that have recently cropped up out of thin air. I am working to get the accurate information to provide the community an update. If anything, I appreciate your patience with us.

One word only required.....

Respect

Youkai Risu
06-12-2013, 02:28 PM

i think thats the biggest part is some of us feel left in the dark especially with the bits disappearing or server disconnects all day during the boost or boosts dont work. people get mad mostly over lost money and no explanation. i know 11 out of 14 times i ve had great responses with tickets ect but its those 3 people remember. i appreciate the heads up and i look forward to a response.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
06-12-2013, 02:31 PM

out of thin air? I hope your not talking about the social issues because some of us have been having issues with that for over a month and reporting it did no good.

HELL MAMA
06-12-2013, 02:31 PM
so true respect go a long way.

LALLY
06-12-2013, 02:32 PM

its odd for sledge to post such an honest reply, I reckon he's drunk

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 02:32 PM

You are truly loved because of this kind of banter and communication. You don't just shut down threads with a copy and pasted response.
I hope you get the sense that I (or we) understand what you have to go through.

Thanks for the time to respond :)

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 02:33 PM
its odd for sledge to post such an honest reply, I reckon he's drunk

it's missing the "sent from iPhone" as he's at the bar.

Shadow Andreas
06-12-2013, 02:34 PM
I would also like to thank the Trion team for Defiance with all the hard work and long hours they put in. I can imagine it isn't easy.....especially if you guys play the game too.....it's like never leaving work. I work from home and know that I never really feel like I've left work.....it's always right there. All I can do is crack a few cold ones and kill things on Defiance (but since that's part of your job....you wouldn't really be leaving work if you are playing...LOL). I hope you know there are a lot of us that are looking forward to the future of Defiance and want to see this game become EPIC. Hats off to you all and Thank you!!!!!!

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 02:39 PM
I would also like to thank the Trion team for Defiance with all the hard work and long hours they put in. I can imagine it isn't easy.....especially if you guys play the game too.....it's like never leaving work. I work from home and know that I never really feel like I've left work.....it's always right there. All I can do is crack a few cold ones and kill things on Defiance (but since that's part of your job....you wouldn't really be leaving work if you are playing...LOL). I hope you know there are a lot of us that are looking forward to the future of Defiance and want to see this game become EPIC. Hats off to you all and Thank you!!!!!!

I'm not extending it that far. They coded themselves into this hole. Sorry.
They did it to themselves and Myll and Sledge have to put up with it.

LALLY
06-12-2013, 02:40 PM
yeh, they are doing a good job, but the original poster was a bit over the top, I don't praise fire men, people in the military, doctors, so last thing I would do is praise someone for being able to cope with an internet forum.

greatdividers
06-12-2013, 02:41 PM
yeh, they are doing a good job, but the original poster was a bit over the top, I don't praise fire men, people in the military, doctors, so last thing I would do is praise someone for being able to cope with an internet forum.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/37084365.jpg

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 02:44 PM

Oh so the first responders to 9/11 aren't heroes?
You're cold dude...cold.

http://static.tumblr.com/3e58619dcb73a16119aeb0329a9eafbf/yoqakxy/6HImnh7xs/tumblr_static_tumblr_mng0yqo9hy1qhie48o1_500.gif

LALLY
06-12-2013, 02:45 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/37084365.jpg

why would u think, im a badass for pointing out something completely valid?

LALLY
06-12-2013, 02:47 PM
Oh so the first responders to 9/11 aren't heroes?
You're cold dude...cold.

http://static.tumblr.com/3e58619dcb73a16119aeb0329a9eafbf/yoqakxy/6HImnh7xs/tumblr_static_tumblr_mng0yqo9hy1qhie48o1_500.gif

are you thick? I didn't say they weren't hero's, I said I just don't praise them and because of that I would not praise some one who puts up with forums

Burntpowder
06-12-2013, 02:49 PM
It was nice to get a response that was more than 2 sentences. Why can't this be the case with bug/patch updates? You say you are working on it, so tell us what you are working, acknowledge that you understand WHAT we are having problems with. For ****s sake! Make something up, anything!! Just tell us SOMETHING!

Shadow Andreas
06-12-2013, 02:50 PM
I'm not extending it that far. They coded themselves into this hole. Sorry.
They did it to themselves and Myll and Sledge have to put up with it.

MagellanD, sorry I was not clear enough, I meant the team working to fix everything and deal with all the flames from the forum....the ones we actually hear from. They have to be the buffer and hear a lot of negative for only a little praise. I know there are issues and I hope they resolve them soon. I've had issues resolved on holiday weekends when I was sure they would not be cleared until the following work day....I was surprised.

greatdividers
06-12-2013, 02:51 PM
It was nice to get a response that was more than 2 sentences. Why can't this be the case with bug/patch updates? You say you are working on it, so tell us what you are working, acknowledge that you understand WHAT we are having problems with. For ****s sake! Make something up, anything!! Just tell us SOMETHING!

bro, do you even read?

I am working to get the accurate information to provide the community an update.

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 02:51 PM
are you thick? I didn't say they weren't hero's, I said I just don't praise them and because of that I would not praise some one who puts up with forums

You said you don't praise them calling them a hero would be praise.

I was just trying to lighten the mood in the forums. you know what FUN is right?

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/466/289/4af.gif

dwej1973
06-12-2013, 02:52 PM
I must agree. They do have to put up with the raw end of the stick. So Yes you deserve thanks. So Thanks.

LALLY
06-12-2013, 02:57 PM
You said you don't praise them calling them a hero would be praise.

I was just trying to lighten the mood in the forums. you know what FUN is right?

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/466/289/4af.gif

yeh they deserve praise you idiot, so praise them and not sledge, that was my point, I don't praise people who deserve it so im not gonna praise people who make a computer game, and yes, I do know what fun is, but fun is definitely not bringing up 9/11 for no reason.

greatdividers
06-12-2013, 03:00 PM
yeh they deserve praise you idiot, so praise them and not sledge, that was my point, I don't praise people who deserve it so im not gonna praise people who make a computer game, and yes, I do know what fun is, but fun is definitely not bringing up 9/11 for no reason.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/1349912212_you_mad.jpg

LALLY
06-12-2013, 03:01 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/1349912212_you_mad.jpg

lol yeh........its true

Indra Echo
06-12-2013, 03:06 PM
Not enough booze on the planet to allow me to cope with some of the things I've seen around here...

Even if this does get closed, I want to add in my appreciation to those you mention!!

I'm patient, I'll hang in there till they get it worked out!!

Hats off to these guys, they must have excellent conviction to not run around screaming and pulling out hair... lol

That's mostly the way I figure it and well put.

It's not like me or the game are going anywhere and it's not like even if along the way I get some other game I wouldn't want to play this one, anyway. I mean after playing the heck out of some other game's 5 hours of gameplay, I'm sure I'd keep coming back to Defiance-but as yet there aren't any games out there that I want to play more than this one. I just prefer that this one gets the bugs shaken out of it.

Now, if something I pay real money for is lost then I will work hard to make sure I get what I paid for but there's no reason to make it personal.

Indra Echo
06-12-2013, 03:10 PM

Yeah, you don't know that though. This doesn't seem to me to be a full-time job even if he personally answers every post. It seems very likely he works in some other capacity for Trion. Different devs handle things differently-some have dedicated company mods and some have a couple people that oversee mods that volunteer or are drafted to help out. I did some of that myself before for a dev's website.

Burntpowder
06-12-2013, 03:13 PM
bro, do you even read?

Bro, have you read ANY of his previous posts? THEY ALL SAY THAT. We've NEVER gotten any real information. Only times that a patch or server update will drop, assuredly ready to **** up more ****.

Market
06-12-2013, 03:22 PM
That's mostly the way I figure it and well put.

It's not like me or the game are going anywhere and it's not like even if along the way I get some other game I wouldn't want to play this one, anyway. I mean after playing the heck out of some other game's 5 hours of gameplay, I'm sure I'd keep coming back to Defiance-but as yet there aren't any games out there that I want to play more than this one. I just prefer that this one gets the bugs shaken out of it.

Now, if something I pay real money for is lost then I will work hard to make sure I get what I paid for but there's no reason to make it personal.

back at ya!

I just got back bits I spent on boosts by being polite and courteous to a Trion agent, it took nothing but a bit of my time. I'm certain if I'd gone at it with the attitude of some people around here (nameless, they are the obvious ones!!) that it would have been much different!!

I've had to deal with the Live Chat system four times now as of today, and I've left each one satisfied in the way my issues were handled!

Anyone not getting this kind of experience with them simply must be doing something wrong... either that, or I'm just that good at handling customer service people!!

I swear... some people's kids... sheesh!

I'm with you, Indra... Keep Calm and Shoot Hellbugs!

they'll work it out!

Conneri
06-12-2013, 04:00 PM
whats your point? should we all go to the bar because we are stressed?
You're from London. Having a cold one at the pub after work is part of your culture. I don't think there's an evening I haven't been invited to drink with a co-worker after work when I've been there.

LALLY
06-12-2013, 04:06 PM
You're from London. Having a cold one at the pub after work is part of your culture. I don't think there's an evening I haven't been invited to drink with a co-worker after work when I've been there.

yeh don't generalise, im from London and I like to go to the pub, I like to drink a lot, just like Americans all eat fast food and are fat, but anyway, I was just trying to say that although the devs are working hard, to claim they have to go to the bar after work because of these forums is just stupid, I said they most probably just laugh at it, sledge replied to this thread and said that he found the thread funny

Burntpowder
06-12-2013, 04:18 PM
just like Americans all eat fast food and are fat, but anyway,

lmfao at this... if only it wasn't true...

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 04:23 PM
MagellanD, sorry I was not clear enough, I meant the team working to fix everything and deal with all the flames from the forum....the ones we actually hear from. They have to be the buffer and hear a lot of negative for only a little praise. I know there are issues and I hope they resolve them soon. I've had issues resolved on holiday weekends when I was sure they would not be cleared until the following work day....I was surprised.

Ahh I thought you were talking about the devs.

The CMs on the other hand having to deal with the crappy movie poster bot thing. the Sledgehammer fake want to be that showed up one day.
other people thinking they are the support team.

I guess we're on the same page.

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 04:25 PM
back at ya!

I just got back bits I spent on boosts by being polite and courteous to a Trion agent, it took nothing but a bit of my time. I'm certain if I'd gone at it with the attitude of some people around here (nameless, they are the obvious ones!!) that it would have been much different!!

I've had to deal with the Live Chat system four times now as of today, and I've left each one satisfied in the way my issues were handled!

Anyone not getting this kind of experience with them simply must be doing something wrong... either that, or I'm just that good at handling customer service people!!

I swear... some people's kids... sheesh!

I'm with you, Indra... Keep Calm and Shoot Hellbugs!

they'll work it out!

Well said. I think people don't realize there is other people on the other side. They're trained to handle the good people and the bad people accordingly. My ONE time with support came to a positive resolution because I was calm and didn't demand something be given to me.

Llewxam
06-12-2013, 04:25 PM
this has got to be the best post i've seen on this forums since i joined. i commend you op. and to the defiance team, i admire you for hanging in there. had it been me running a project like this i would've shut down the servers and moved on to something else so all the whiners had something to really whine about. regardless of the flaws and bugs in the game, i love it. hell i'm loving everything defiance and i hadn't gotten hooked on a scifi show since LEXX. this has gotten to the point that my girlfriend is also hooked on the show and wants to get a console and a copy of the game just to play it.

anyway, i'm kinda derailing here from the subject, i applaud all of you: OP, sledge, myll, and everybody involved. keep doing the good work. really, never seen a team so dedicated on their project such as you all have clearly been.

LALLY
06-12-2013, 04:29 PM

and please don't be ignorant enough to tell me what MY culture is

c0kemusheen
06-12-2013, 04:39 PM
just like Americans all eat fast food and are fat, but anyway,

Lol, a WHOPPING 5% fatter than you British! Amazing right...xenophobic pots calling the kettle black. Typical

Strange how many Europeans cherry pick information pertaining to the US.

c4l1d3n
06-12-2013, 04:40 PM
Sledgehammer70 just visited my Profile! OMG!!! No really go look...
I'm so stoked now!

Ichidakiller
06-12-2013, 04:42 PM
Oh this is ridiculous.

So as long as you call out a CM to kiss his *** the thread stays open.

You do it to complain about on going bugs, clan and social issues and ask for a reply your the read is locked quick.

Lame hypocritical forums mods and CM's.

Like yesterday sledge was all over his twitter about e3.... Server was basicly locked with timed out errors for hours....what did we get from the CM....E3 blqblahblah.

Wish I could get paid to go to E3 and not do my job.

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 04:43 PM
Lol, a WHOPPING 5% fatter than you British! Amazing right...xenophobic pots calling the kettle black. Typical

Nobody's perfect. Here's all the worst stereotypes in one image. Can't we all get along.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070601215755/familyguy/images/2/2f/FGOneIfByClam.jpg

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 04:45 PM
Oh this is ridiculous.

So as long as you call out a CM to kiss his *** the thread stays open.

You do it to complain about on going bugs, clan and social issues and ask for a reply your the read is locked quick.

Lame hypocritical forums mods and CM's.

Like yesterday sledge was all over his twitter about e3.... Server was basicly locked with timed out errors for hours....what did we get from the CM....E3 blqblahblah.

Wish I could get paid to go to E3 and not do my job.

Don't worry the way these guys degraded the thread it'll get closed and you can be happy.

Shadow Andreas
06-12-2013, 04:47 PM
I'm so stoked now!

LOL...how do you see who visits your profile....mine just says how many.

Turantula
06-12-2013, 05:00 PM
Don't worry the way these guys degraded the thread it'll get closed and you can be happy.

Lol seriously, every positive starting thread turn into troll food by the end, but I do commend you on reaching out and making a positive post towards the moderators. Good on you, sir.

MagellanD
06-12-2013, 05:04 PM
Lol seriously, every positive starting thread turn into troll food by the end, but I do commend you on reaching out and making a positive post towards the moderators. Good on you, sir.

I'm used to it.
It's human nature. Doesn't surprise me.

Any forum in the universe, about anything, ever, right here.
That's why they Hire people Like Sledge and Myll.
http://www.lolbrary.com/content/582/when-someone-uses-the-wrong-version-of-your-on-the-internet-38582.gif

KillerBee21
06-12-2013, 05:19 PM

So nice of you Sir keep up the hard work!

LALLY
06-12-2013, 05:37 PM

oh god, another example of a person not getting irony, he said im from London and I like to drink, I said he was American and liked to eat fast food, im pretty sure most people understood that it was just a joke..most people apart from you

Burntpowder
06-13-2013, 07:21 AM
I'm so stoked now!

it's the boobs...

Miserere
06-13-2013, 07:52 AM
it's the boobs...

Or plotting your DESTRUCTION! MU HA HA HA HA!

Burntpowder
06-13-2013, 08:27 AM
Or plotting your DESTRUCTION! MU HA HA HA HA!

They're like tractor-beams... girls have such a huge bargaining chip with them...

cab0218
06-13-2013, 05:00 PM
This will be closed soon because it is against the rules to call out people in a thread title.

BertReynolds
06-13-2013, 06:07 PM
Bugs and all ill be here till the game dies. Ive beta tested tons of games, and guess what? Ninety percent of the time there were nerfs, downtimes, and whiny people that were haters.

I did wow for a really long time and only quit beacuse I had kids and needed to see day light every once in a while. There were bugs and nerfs a plenty, but you know what. ..it was fun, and this game is fun. So im in it for the long haul, warts and all.

As for those that like "cold ones" get into homebrewing as early as possible, I do it and it is nice to have ten gallons of truly fresh delicious beverage around at all times. Dont think, just do it. You can thank me after your fourth batch. Takes about that long to get right

OmniDevil
06-13-2013, 06:13 PM
This will be closed soon because it is against the rules to call out people in a thread title.

I'm seeing a lot of this...like forum users actually care. If you cared that much you would be hitting the report button, rather than calling it out.

OT: I agree. It's not easy being a moderator of anything let alone a forum community. Kudos to you guys!

cab0218
06-14-2013, 08:20 AM
I'm seeing a lot of this...like forum users actually care. If you cared that much you would be hitting the report button, rather than calling it out.

OT: I agree. It's not easy being a moderator of anything let alone a forum community. Kudos to you guys!

I did but I thought I would inform people so that they know in the future. If anyone has an issue PM them its not that hard. They never respond though so dont expect them to. Im surprised this was not closed yet. Its funny how the mods choose to close some threads and not others.