PDA

View Full Version : So Who Likes Infectors?

iiReLaX o
03-24-2013, 01:37 PM
So I just bought an Infector for 5,000+ Scrip and it seems ok, but I just want to know if anyone else likes Infectors. I don't know if I'm using it wrong but it just doesn't seem to be working at all.

If you do could, post the details/stats of the weapon so I could compare mine to yours. Also if you could recommend some mods you added to your Infector could you post them also.

Name: VOT Outbreaker
Description: Spawns parasites whenever a target has been slain while infected. (It also fires in 3 round bursts)

Mod Slots:
Stock Mod: Empty
Barrel Mod: Added; Empty
Magazine Mod: None; Currently Adding
Sight Mod: Empty

Weapon Bonuses:
x1.03 Fire Rate
+30% EGO power refresh on critical kill

Weapon Stats:
DMG: 4x5
Fire Rate: 8.8
Mag:15
Reload: 2.5
Bug DMG: 5
Homing Range: 35

Pasha
03-24-2013, 01:58 PM
This one isn't too good. Use VOT Infector and Canker - especially good against elite mobs and bosses (up to 2 millions damage per major arkfall)

Lomax
03-24-2013, 01:58 PM
Didn't like them, seemed really weak.. infact the only gun I have liked is a pistol I had, which i gave to my friend when i got a rocket launcher and a SMG... regret it now.

iiReLaX o
03-24-2013, 01:59 PM
This one isn't too good. Use VOT Infector and Canker - especially good against elite mobs and bosses (up to 2 millions damage per major arkfall)

So did you catch the two of them during a special/sale at a vendor or did you get them from a lockbox?

I play on Xbox so the only Tier Lockbox we can buy is Tier 1.

Aeekto
03-24-2013, 02:07 PM
Outbreaker is realy good, but you need to start with the weakest targets for a fast growing snowball effekt..... and as soon as the first bugs spawned and you keep infecting the next targets of your bugs, it gets realy strong.
Maybe you should try an "Invader" or "Canker" since they are easier to handle...... both are full automatic.
the Invader spawns a bug each 5th bullet that hit an infected target and spawns bugs on death... so you will have a lot of bugs running around.
The canker is a high DoT weapon and gets stronger with snowballing because of the additional damage of spawned bugs on death (no bugspawn if you keep fireing on same target..... best is to infect as many as possible).
If you prefer longrange fights you should consider picking the "Afflictor".... sniper ranger, burst fire mode, spawns a bug each 5th bullet and does additional damage each 5th bullet like the "Outbreaker" but lower damage.
Once you you figured out how the infector weapons work and if you want to have some fun, then you should pic an incubator, only 5 damage each bullet and no burst damage, but spawns 2 bugs each 5th bullet on infected targets, has sniper range and is used best on mobs with high HP so you can keep spawning a lot of bugs all the time while they eat all the other weaker enemies. (but one problem with this weapon is, that the bug damage "actually" doesnt count for ranking, but i guess it will at release).
A fun weapon is the "Innuculator" too, it handles like the "Infector" but slows the enemy too :)

iiReLaX o
03-24-2013, 02:10 PM
Outbreaker is realy good, but you need to start with the weakest targets for a fast growing snowball effekt..... and as soon as the first bugs spawned and you keep infecting the next targets of your bugs, it gets realy strong.
Maybe you should try an "Invader" or "Canker" since they are easier to handle...... both are full automatic.
the Invader spawns a bug each 5th bullet that hit an infected target and spawns bugs on death... so you will have a lot of bugs running around.
The canker is a high DoT weapon and gets stronger with snowballing because of the additional damage of spawned bugs on death (no bugspawn if you keep fireing on same target..... best is to infect as many as possible).
If you prefer longrange fights you should consider picking the "Afflictor".... sniper ranger, burst fire mode, spawns a bug each 5th bullet and does additional damage each 5th bullet like the "Outbreaker" but lower damage

Based on what you said I did the exact opposite of "snowballing". I'm just going to go to Iron Demon Ranch and pick up four mods, then try it out. I might not pick up a scope mod because I don't think I need a scope on an infector.

Vuule
03-24-2013, 02:15 PM
I just noticed something about infectors. Only got 1 which sucks. If you hold Fire, it will shoot faster.

Quilliam
04-07-2013, 04:11 PM
What kind of infector is sporeshot?

And when you say snowball effect don't the bugs all quickly dew spawn? Or do some guns not?

Also on cankor does the dot continue while mob is still alive since only spawns bug in death?

Thanks!

Jumper
04-07-2013, 04:39 PM

This, been leveling the Infector weapons currently level 8. Still find them super strong. I am thinking Cankers are better since I picked on up.

The DOT on them melts shields with 3 stack. :D

Grimwyrd
04-07-2013, 05:00 PM
I like Cankers for arkfall crystals and bosses. Pile on the "dmg over time"! Otherwise I tend to use Invaders.

(click to enlarge)

Tango80
04-07-2013, 05:04 PM
So did you catch the two of them during a special/sale at a vendor or did you get them from a lockbox?

I play on Xbox so the only Tier Lockbox we can buy is Tier 1.

Lol dude man do you have this wrong you need more keycodes to unlock the higher tier lock boxes. FYI
64 keycodes to be exact for tier 4. So if your spending all your codes on tier 1 lockboxes I pity you.

Dazz
04-07-2013, 05:06 PM
I like Cankers for arkfall crystals and bosses. Pile on the "dmg over time"! Otherwise I tend to use Invaders.

(click to enlarge)

Off topic, but thanks for the vids man. Helped more than you know for several of us.

Evilution
04-07-2013, 05:14 PM
I have an orange VOT infector ego 324 iirc, it's my favourite gun. It's like an SMG has 25 clip and shoots in five rounds at a time, a split second delay and fires off the next five. It also has some sort of homing on it, when you fire and it slightly misses your target, the bullets curve and hit them. It spawns a few bugs and then they travel to next target after killing that one. Fun weapon :p

IIFatalshockII
04-07-2013, 05:17 PM
So I just bought an Infector for 5,000+ Scrip and it seems ok, but I just want to know if anyone else likes Infectors. I don't know if I'm using it wrong but it just doesn't seem to be working at all.

If you do could, post the details/stats of the weapon so I could compare mine to yours. Also if you could recommend some mods you added to your Infector could you post them also.

Name: VOT Outbreaker
Description: Spawns parasites whenever a target has been slain while infected. (It also fires in 3 round bursts)

Mod Slots:
Stock Mod: Empty
Barrel Mod: Added; Empty
Magazine Mod: None; Currently Adding
Sight Mod: Empty

Weapon Bonuses:
x1.03 Fire Rate
+30% EGO power refresh on critical kill

Weapon Stats:
DMG: 4x5
Fire Rate: 8.8
Mag:15
Reload: 2.5
Bug DMG: 5
Homing Range: 35

I had that one. Piece. Of. Crap. It completely put me off Infectors. But recently I acquired a Blue Rarity one... and it's pretty beastly :cool:

Sharkdog
04-28-2013, 08:28 PM
If you prefer longrange fights you should consider picking the "Afflictor".... sniper ranger, burst fire mode, spawns a bug each 5th bullet and does additional damage each 5th bullet like the "Outbreaker" but lower damage.
Once you you figured out how the infector weapons work and if you want to have some fun, then you should pic an incubator, only 5 damage each bullet and no burst damage, but spawns 2 bugs each 5th bullet on infected targets, has sniper range and is used best on mobs with high HP so you can keep spawning a lot of bugs all the time while they eat all the other weaker enemies. (but one problem with this weapon is, that the bug damage "actually" doesnt count for ranking, but i guess it will at release).
A fun weapon is the "Innuculator" too, it handles like the "Infector" but slows the enemy too :)

Great advice. I'm using the Immunizer. Long range.

Lyokira
04-28-2013, 08:32 PM
Separately, kills by bug explosion seems to count towards the Mad Bomber perk, not sure if the other explosive perks are affected.

Paladin Xenos
04-28-2013, 08:44 PM
I love infectors, I started out by just using them to do one of the combat pursuits but now i've fallen in love with them. They are now a part of my main load outs along with combat shotguns.