PDA

View Full Version : For everyone talking about infectors.

MrDoozleDorf
06-12-2013, 10:04 PM
I have been reading a lot of posts about infectors and how they should/shouldn't be nerfed.

I myself do not care for infectors in PvP or PvE but i think i may have an idea that would satisfy both sides of the battle.

How about instead of nerfing the the gun they just add a perk that gives you a higher resistance to "infectious bugs"?

This would give all the people in PvP an easier way to counter the gun, it wouldn't make the gun useless in PvP because not everyone is going to use that perk, and would also not tamper with the PvE side of the gun.

Thanks for reading. :)

Lupis Volk
06-12-2013, 10:10 PM
I have been reading a lot of posts about infectors and how they should/shouldn't be nerfed.

I myself do not care for infectors in PvP or PvE but i think i may have an idea that would satisfy both sides of the battle.

How about instead of nerfing the the gun they just add a perk that gives you a higher resistance to "infectious bugs"?

This would give all the people in PvP an easier way to counter the gun, it wouldn't make the gun useless in PvP because not everyone is going to use that perk, and would also not tamper with the PvE side of the gun.

Thanks for reading. :)

I've seen a few other no-nerfing ideas. i'll add this one to them.

MrDoozleDorf
06-12-2013, 10:10 PM
Bumping so people see this

Lupis Volk
06-12-2013, 10:11 PM
Bumping so people see this

Bumping is against TOS but hey i'm not going to hold that against you.

MrDoozleDorf
06-12-2013, 10:15 PM
hahaha thanks, just trying to get the people in the infector PvP vs PvE battle to see and thanks for reading :)

Lupis Volk
06-12-2013, 10:18 PM
hahaha thanks, just trying to get the people in the infector PvP vs PvE battle to see and thanks for reading :)

ohhh boy better not. it's worse then the Sony vs Micro$oft fan war going on.

MrDoozleDorf
06-12-2013, 10:19 PM
ohhh boy better not. it's worse then the Sony vs Micro$oft fan war going on.

shhhh don't mention that it will derail my topic lol

Lupis Volk
06-12-2013, 10:21 PM
shhhh don't mention that it will derail my topic lol

oh bugger me. well get the bunker and tenches set then.

MrDoozleDorf
06-12-2013, 10:23 PM
oh bugger me. well get the bunker and tenches set then.

lol hey, sorry to be a creeper, but i noticed you have sledge on your friends if you could pass this on to him that would be great. :)

Moa
06-12-2013, 10:25 PM
That's actually a pretty spot on suggestion OP.

MrDoozleDorf
06-12-2013, 10:27 PM
That's actually a pretty spot on suggestion OP.

Thanks, I ran it past some friends that had a problem with infectors and they felt the same as you, so I decided I would see what the forums thought about it. :)

Turantula
06-12-2013, 10:55 PM
This is a good suggestion BUT do you really think with the current state the game is in adding another perk would be feasible? Lol I can see it now, hey community we added a perk so yall will quit QQ about infectors; by the way you cant add it and we broke every other perk you did have, plus the clan boosts and friend invites are effed up again. Thanks for playin lmao

MrDoozleDorf
06-12-2013, 10:58 PM
This is a good suggestion BUT do you really think with the current state the game is in adding another perk would be feasible? Lol I can see it now, hey community we added a perk so yall will quit QQ about infectors; by the way you cant add it and we broke every other perk you did have, plus the clan boosts and friend invites are effed up again. Thanks for playin lmao

lol yeah I know, I'm not saying they need to do it this instant, but it could be something added to the to do list. :)

MrYac
06-12-2013, 11:28 PM
while not a horrible idea the fact that a single perk would be required to balance one weapon type should say something pretty obvious about said weapon type

MrDoozleDorf
06-12-2013, 11:37 PM
while not a horrible idea the fact that a single perk would be required to balance one weapon type should say something pretty obvious about said weapon type

I can see your point, and I know I said "infectious bugs" in the original post but it could just be bug damage in general making it useful against hellbugs also. When you get enough people at an arkfall it can be a pain taking down the archers and blastpods before they manage to smash some squishy low lvls that just want to see what an arkfall is.

Turantula
06-13-2013, 12:01 AM
I know people's biggest beefs with these things was the immunizers especially, and I kinda see the point. At level 20 those things are beast. Add a strain reducer and the barrel mod that increases range its just plain stupid lol. To the defense of that though those people took the time to grind them out to that level, and either spent hours scouring vendors and lock boxes for those mods, or spent the scrip required to obtain them. A completely naked infector thats low level with no mods poses little threat, but one thats beefed up...yikes! I said this in a previous post, and I'll say it again. Balance should not be an issue or prerogative in this game. We as ark hunters know that it's all about the loot and finding the best gear, the pvp is designed to show your powress, not be equal to the next guy. Once people understand this concept and realize this aint freakin COD we will all be better off.

AudibleTuna
06-13-2013, 12:16 AM
Personally, I think the infector is fine where its at. It could be a little less obstructive to your view when you get hit in the head. Otherwise, it's fairly balanced imo. It's TTK is definitely less than the conventional weapons even factoring in the bugs.

The one thing that really is an issue in PvP is... Cloak..

Hey I'm gonna sit in these bushes with cloak on cuz I'm sick as hell at this game..
GeeTeeEffOh

MrDoozleDorf
06-13-2013, 12:21 AM
I never said it was over powered. I simply offered a solution for the people that do, if they were to implement this perk no one would forced to use the perk or even spend points on the perk. I have no problem facing people in PvP that use infectors, it can be annoying at times but so can any other weapon in the game.

AudibleTuna
06-13-2013, 12:27 AM
I never said it was over powered. I simply offered a solution for the people that do, if they were to implement this perk no one would forced to use the perk or even spend points on the perk. I have no problem facing people in PvP that use infectors, it can be annoying at times but so can any other weapon in the game.

I didn't say you did. Just wanted to share my opinion on them, as, I'm new to the PvP side of the game & just encountered a couple.
All it takes is a good roll and a hop or two and you should be in the clear. Otherwise its just a matter of situational awareness & managing the distances of your engagements- which I'm still getting used to (thanks to cloak whoring).

Andd, in regards to the suggestion, its alright. But if people struggle against Infectors and say its OP, then they should just get better at the game and don't deserve a PvP crutch perk

MrDoozleDorf
06-13-2013, 12:30 AM
I didn't say you did. Just wanted to share my opinion on them, as, I'm new to the PvP side of the game & just encountered a couple.
All it takes is a good roll and a hop or two and you should be in the clear. Otherwise its just a matter of situational awareness & managing the distances of your engagements- which I'm still getting used to.

I like the way you think, I use the same tactics. :) Keep having fun and welcome to the PvP side of things :)

Turantula
06-13-2013, 12:33 AM
Personally, I think the infector is fine where its at. It could be a little less obstructive to your view when you get hit in the head. Otherwise, it's fairly balanced imo. It's TTK is definitely less than the conventional weapons even factoring in the bugs.

The one thing that really is an issue in PvP is... Cloak..

Hey I'm gonna sit in these bushes with cloak on cuz I'm sick as hell at this game..
GeeTeeEffOh

I agree and yea cloak is annoying as hell. If it was crysis style cloak I wouldn't mind because it makes you harder to see, but not straight up invisible like on this game. Personally I prefer blur. If you do it right cloaked bastards dont stand a chance. Decoy is good too but really doesnt do much offensive wise, although I did read somewhere at its highest level it can explode and damage others; ive never seen it. The teleport is pretty useful though. I do apologize to the OP for getting this thread off topic.

AudibleTuna
06-13-2013, 12:49 AM
I do apologize to the OP for getting this thread off topic.

Ditto. The idea is good. Especially if it could be implemented into the PvE side of things. That would be my only gripe is that if it were implemented strictly to PvP for the purpose of balancing an already balanced weapon. Imo, at most the defense boost should be 10.. maybe 15%.. Nothing drastic that would make infectors useless- because they are cool & deserve a place in the game- just not as a novelty.

MrDoozleDorf
06-13-2013, 12:51 AM
No problem guys, at least you are keeping it in the public eye and for that i thank you. :)

Turantula
06-13-2013, 01:13 AM
Ditto. The idea is good. Especially if it could be implemented into the PvE side of things. That would be my only gripe is that if it were implemented strictly to PvP for the purpose of balancing an already balanced weapon. Imo, at most the defense boost should be 10.. mayb15%.. Nothing drastic that would make infectors useless- because they are cool & deserve a place in the game- just not as a novelty.

At the same time there are perks in game now that only serve as pve perks and useless in pvp such as the revive perks, or scavenger so I can see them implementing pvp only perks as well. I do kindof wish we had the option to revive fallen comrades though. They pretty much took a strong que with the shadow wars from battlefield, so why not let us revive? Im also kindof disappointed the bmgs dont revive fallen people as well like in the video.

MrDoozleDorf
06-13-2013, 01:21 AM
Ditto. The idea is good. Especially if it could be implemented into the PvE side of things. That would be my only gripe is that if it were implemented strictly to PvP for the purpose of balancing an already balanced weapon. Imo, at most the defense boost should be 10.. maybe 15%.. Nothing drastic that would make infectors useless- because they are cool & deserve a place in the game- just not as a novelty.

Yeah they don't need to over power the perk, maybe even just a 6% like cellular armor, stack them together and you would have a 12% reduction to the bug damage and 6% reduction to all other damage.

Bacon BTastey
06-13-2013, 02:28 AM
Its a good solution

DOOM996
06-13-2013, 02:46 AM
Yeah good idea but i think they will nerf the Infectors before they have to include a new perk or update one of them, hehe.

Bacon BTastey
06-13-2013, 03:32 AM
Yeah good idea but i think they will nerf the Infectors before they have to include a new perk or update one of them, hehe.

There are a few blank spots on the perk map to add some, they could add a few new needed perks to the game.

C2THEMAX
06-13-2013, 07:22 AM
i think it would help in the whining so they dont take up useful thread space basicaly it comes down to skill and if you suck stay off pvp

MrDoozleDorf
06-13-2013, 02:47 PM

I hope not the whole point of this idea is that it will not cause issues with the PvE side of the gun, its not fair to the PvE players to keep nerfing guns because some people (not even the majority) think it is a problem in PvP.

FYI I play PvP but i still think they should be fair to the players who do not play PvP.