PDA

View Full Version : Increase the ammo-pools allready! Im out of ammo in less then 30sec

swatti
06-14-2013, 12:46 PM
Finaly, i actually got an upgrade to my ego300'ish SMG that was most welcome, the new has fire-nano and even the beloved increased magazine size. Needless to say i slapped in another larger-mag mod and now i go thru my entire ammo-pool in less then 30sec...

I cant use a sniper as a backup since it has what, 60 rounds? Nade-launchers have measly 40 and i still havent found an actually usefull rocket launcher. Shotguns may be viable but most do pitifull damage, reload ages or have 2 rounds... Dont get me started with the wnb-nade-launcher shotties, pitifull aoe-range.

We need upgrades for the ammo-pools AND separated ammo-pools for LMG & SMG (+others too). There are others then just me who want to play "full-time sniper" but we cant, i used to carry more ammo for my bolt-lock back in the army then my charter can in a friggin video-game!

greatdividers
06-14-2013, 12:48 PM
Finaly, i actually got an upgrade to my ego300'ish SMG that was most welcome, the new has fire-nano and even the beloved increased magazine size. Needless to say i slapped in another larger-mag mod and now i go thru my entire ammo-pool in less then 30sec...

I cant use a sniper as a backup since it has what, 60 rounds? Nade-launchers have measly 40 and i still havent found an actually usefull rocket launcher. Shotguns may be viable but most do pitifull damage, reload ages or have 2 rounds... Dont get me started with the wnb-nade-launcher shotties, pitifull aoe-range.

We need upgrades for the ammo-pools AND separated ammo-pools for LMG & SMG (+others too). There are others then just me who want to play "full-time sniper" but we cant, i used to carry more ammo for my bolt-lock back in the army then my charter can in a friggin video-game!

what are you fighting that takes more than 60 sniper rounds with no ammo crates available?

i completely agree we need separate ammo pools for lmg/ar/smg, but i don't think they need to be any larger.

Nefarious
06-14-2013, 12:51 PM
damn dude. I don't even use Scavenger and I never run out of ammo.

Are you talking about different ammo pools for PvP? That I can get on board with.

Albion
06-14-2013, 12:55 PM
The ammo pools should be different for AR/LMG/SMG, but I never seem to run out for long. There are some guns, like the Courier, that will NEVER run out of ammo, no matter how hard you try. And there are plenty of ammo boxes around, plus in PvE there are constant ammo drops. The few guns that I run out of ammo with are by design that way - there is a pistol, I think its called the Blaster, that does crazy damage but runs out of ammo after 3 -4 reloads. Anything more and it would be way too OP when compared to the other pistols.

Ryme
06-14-2013, 12:57 PM
The only weapons I run out of ammo on are rocket launchers and pistols (VOT Blasters). Everything else you can get refills for consistently by just killing enemies, and especially with ARs, SMGs, and LMGs. Are you talking about PvP, because otherwise I can't think of a combat situation where you would run out of ammo and not have mounds of ammo drops littered all over the ground.

Omnifarious Xji
06-14-2013, 01:01 PM
what are you fighting that takes more than 60 sniper rounds with no ammo crates available?

i completely agree we need separate ammo pools for lmg/ar/smg, but i don't think they need to be any larger.
600 damage semi-autos chew through ammo in mere moments.

Epyon
06-14-2013, 01:10 PM
With ammo boxes everywhere and enemies dropping ammo I really didnt expect this to be a problem for anyone. I agree that perhaps the sniper and pistol pools should be increased, but the explosives are fine as is.

greatdividers
06-14-2013, 01:14 PM
600 damage semi-autos chew through ammo in mere moments.

i guess that's fair. i honestly forget about semi-autos as they are useless outside pursuits lol

Cavadus
06-14-2013, 01:25 PM
The only weapons which actually need increased ammo supply pools are semi-auto sniper rifles.

Shogo_Yahagi
06-14-2013, 01:26 PM
It's silly to use the same ammo pool for a low-damage, high-rof SMG and a high-damage, low-rof LMG. Aside from the logical implausibility, your ammo pool is worth wildly different amounts of total damage, which means that you will get far fewer kills from the SMG before your pool runs out. Because you kill fewer things with more rounds, there are fewer ammo drops to replenish the pool that you are already burning through at a higher rate. It's not a good game mechanic.

If they aren't going to split the pool, they should make SMGs only use a bullet for every second or third round they fire.

Orbital
06-14-2013, 01:34 PM
use perks to regen your ammo, like ammo thief if you're talking about pve

Sdric
06-14-2013, 01:42 PM
The ammo pool sharing is the real problem.

How on earth can it be balanced when 2 weapons one of which has 2,5 to 3 times more damage / bullet share the same ammo pool? (Tachmag vs. Saw)

SMGs and Full-Auto pistols should share a saperate ammo pool.
That'ld be much easier to balance

swatti
06-14-2013, 02:28 PM
I use wot tachmag so yes, it does eat ammo at a hilarious rate but it looks like im simply forced to use something else because even ammo-drops wont keep me filled for long. And do you see an ammo-box every 20-30 sec, cause i dont.

I personaly like semi-auto snipers even tho they lack power, i have one with +mag mods and its a beast, sadly your fun wont last very long. So far no pistol seemed very usefull compared to anything else. I used a flare-gun till it was nerfed to oblivion.

Ironicly i did find a weapon with seemingly infinite ammo, infectors. The bugs hit anything and everything so theres plenty of ammo drops since everything takes hits. Sadly they were nerfed to oblivion from a actually competitive and unique weapon simply cause they cant ficure out PvE and PvP need different damage-values.
Also i doubt theres an infector with over 30 rounds in the mag, one can hope...

JxSiN
06-14-2013, 02:47 PM
They should up the sniper rifle ammo to 100 and the pistol ammo to 500. Then they need to make SMGs use pistol ammo, because that's the point of a sub-machine gun! No sub-machine gun uses rifle ammo, not even the old Thompson sub that the gangsters use to use.

Hope499
06-14-2013, 02:50 PM
Its part of using a SMG, it has a crazy DMG output, so it eats ammo fast.

Of course it has a short ammo pool, or everyone would use a SMG.

THe ammo pools are fine as is if you know how to work it. It also promotes use of other guns and different classes

Hope499
06-14-2013, 02:50 PM
They should up the sniper rifle ammo to 100 and the pistol ammo to 500. Then they need to make SMGs use pistol ammo, because that's the point of a sub-machine gun! No sub-machine gun uses rifle ammo, not even the old Thompson sub that the gangsters use to use.

I very much like those ideas truth be told.

SMG using pistol ammo is a great idea.

Firetalion
06-14-2013, 02:54 PM
I'm fine with the system the way it is. SMGs happen to be the only weapon I've maxed to 20th level so far too, so obviously there wasn't an issue with this.

Burntpowder
06-14-2013, 03:14 PM
i guess that's fair. i honestly forget about semi-autos as they are useless outside pursuits lol

Until you put +3 round bursts on them. 444x3 does a lot of hurt, add the Pumped Up perk and it's spamming EGO boost non-stop.

SMG's using rifle ammo, silly. I destroy my ammo reserves so fast it's dumb. And it negates the SMG/LMG class all together.

swatti
06-14-2013, 03:38 PM
I dont mind using other guns but if i want to do decent damage without standing on top of a ammo-box im FORCED to use a LMG simply cause the gun i like runs out of ammo all the time.

BigBry
06-14-2013, 06:23 PM
I for one would like to see the ammo pool increased and the ammo types split up for the different classes of MGs. It's frustrating to run out of ammo in less than a minute and to not be able to switch to another class of MG to hold off the hordes while I run and collect ammo drops. Either increase pools or split them up, don't care which but one or the other has to happen. I've only been playing for about a week and I'm already getting turned off due to this

Hithlum
06-14-2013, 06:27 PM

Or maybe you just don't know something I know :)
And now that you offended my favorite PvE gun I am not telling :mad:

swatti
06-15-2013, 09:23 AM
Just looked thru all "ammo-regen" perks aaaaand, no. All suck. I dont see myself using any of them...

If only i could find a gun with ammo-regen and the 2 synergy mods to activate it.

Burncykle
06-15-2013, 09:27 AM

We don't need bigger ammo pools, I use an SMG and shotty combo, I haven't been out of ammo since the starting area.

boosted gear
06-15-2013, 10:15 AM
You got my vote I use a pulser with a stupid rof because to be honest thats all smgs have going for them if it didnt have that you may as well throw oranages until the enemy gives up and walks away. But my point is it doesnt take long becore im out of ammo even with scavenger it doesnt always mean I pick up ammo so when im forced to swap yeah... im limited... so im stuck with a shotgun I would rather have oranges to throw lol. But the best part is I can have two saws with prepardness never run out of ammo and insane damage a long range and short range advantage using the same amount of ammo as the gimped smg.

The reason I dont do the above is I have to level smgs at the moment :( so yes I would welcome extra ammo ansld split ammo pools

Cavadus
06-15-2013, 10:33 AM
The devs have stated that the reason why LMGs, ARs, and SMGs share an ammo pool is because they don't want players equipping two large ammo pool weapons in a single loadout.

So it's a soft restriction meant to balance loadouts and force players into carrying a more diverse array of weaponry. Is it realistic? No, pistol cartridges are pistol cartridges and rifle cartridges are rifle cartridges but the ammo system achieves the purpose it was intended for.

Shismar
06-15-2013, 10:48 AM
Regrettably, Trion has decided to use ammo pools as an additional balancing mechanism. Sadly, they goofed up and have managed to make some weapons very situational because they depend on a readily available ammo chest and the breathing space to use it. I have all but shelved SMGs and fast fireing ARs. Not worth the trouble.

Solutions have been floating around since early beta but the situation is even worse then back then because ammo pools were halved. It is obviously Trion's opinion that ammo should be a major pita and I don't think that will change any time soon. Maybe after the next layoff ...

Sc10n
06-15-2013, 11:30 AM
The phrases "Shoot to kill" "Make every shot count" and "One shot One kill"

Should be at the front of your mind when playing any shooter game,

Never "Spray and pray"

swatti
06-15-2013, 12:22 PM
I'd really like to see a developers do a "design-meeting" as half would most likely die at some point in the ensuing fight. Or theres some ****** in the high-seat who has never tried his product for more then 10min. "Defiance - the MMO Daikatana"

If they wanted ammo to be rare or valuable, why add high-rof weapons and ammo-boxes with infinite ammo? Its like given a supercar and being stuck in traffic for a day... As a SLS AMG owner its quite comparable feeling, exept you know its over soon and theres no limit in the nearby highway ^^

To be honest i really dont know why i play anymore. This game hasnt gotten allmost any improvement and none are planned. Nothing really adds up and all fun aspects are being taken away slowly... The devs cant ficure out if its a shooter or some post-armageddon survival-game

At the moment the ONLY viable combo is shotgun or infector and a LMG. Anything else will be gimped by poor ammo-pool or your spending most time running around praying for ammo drops or running back and forth to an ammo-box... So why add the other weapons in at all? And if they are to be used sparingly, why are they so pitifull in power? They dont feel "special weapons" in any way.

I think this is it for me really. No point trying to find excuses to keep going, there are better games out there and more coming. I'd like to think "give it six months" but to be honest, i doubt it lasts that long.

Dazz
06-15-2013, 12:39 PM
You need a weapon that does more damage with less ammo. Get a SAW.

Burncykle
06-15-2013, 12:42 PM
At the moment the ONLY viable combo is shotgun or infector and a LMG. Anything else will be gimped by poor ammo-pool or your spending most time running around praying for ammo drops or running back and forth to an ammo-box... So why add the other weapons in at all?

This statement is laughably false.

piercehead
06-15-2013, 01:00 PM
It's like some people haven't noticed those ammo regen perks. Whenever I run a loadout with a pistol I select either Assassin's Cache (on-crit, for high dmg single-shots) or the ammo regen on melee kill perk - just finish stuff of with your fists and no more ammo worries.

Tharcion
06-15-2013, 01:04 PM
The OP is, I think, using a Nomad. 80 round base magazine and high rate of fire. They do eat ammo, but if you're running out in 30 seconds you're using spray-and-pray shooting; hold the trigger down all the time. The Nomad's damage/round isn't that high, so it tends to take a lot to kill things. Still, burst fire is your friend. That said, I love having that huge mag. That's a lot of bursts.

Logically, I'd prefer to see an enlarged pistol pool and pistols sharing with SMGs. That makes more real-world sense.

Linamaria
06-15-2013, 01:11 PM
This statement is laughably false.

haha I laughed at that statement as well!

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
06-15-2013, 01:28 PM
With ammo boxes everywhere and enemies dropping ammo I really didnt expect this to be a problem for anyone. I agree that perhaps the sniper and pistol pools should be increased, but the explosives are fine as is.

This ^

Also, I think that the SMG and Pistols should share the same rounds. They both shoot the same caliber after all. Increase their pool to 500 so the SMG's (I'm looking at you Tachmag) don't eat up the ammo quite so quick.

The AR's and LMG's I'm fine with shooting the same rounds since they can shoot the same caliber. I would expect the LMG's to fire a larger caliber though considering the size of the rounds on some of those belt-fed's I've seen.

I think Sniper would be good with an increase to 75-80 rounds. No more though. This would mainly be for the semi-auto snipers since no one knows how to fire them right and end up eating up rounds. 2-6 quick shots from a semi can put almost everything down if you can hit the crit. Even if you can't hit the crit take the INTIMIDATION perk and shoot for the chest. Enough damage to the chest stumbles most enemies. INTIMIDATION increase damage done to those targets, which is invaluable and an ammo-saver for semi-users.