PDA

View Full Version : May be a good idea to stop playing until release - region lock hit me hard

code 117
03-24-2013, 03:42 PM
I've played all of the other betas and am still in the alpha and this beta is still a lot of fun, although a little work needs to be done here and there which I'm guessing will be done since this beta is a beta.

However the region locking situation kinda hit me hard (I did rant in another post) and instead of the type of game I wanted to play, being a game with alot of friends (This is an MMO), it feels like the previous betas/alpha where I'm playing by myself again. Its very difficult to meet up with friends when there are more than 4 of you. If I knew it was just going to be another 4 player co-op game, I wouldn't have been so hyped up.

So, I am seriously considering just abandoning the beta and just wait for the full release.
The game is good, but with the really bad way it is at the moment where not only can I not play with alot of my friends(Region Lock) and also the bad way just to get on the same servers as friends (seriously, if you can do go to leader, you could easily do a go to friend selection), if I play anymore I'll feel as if I've completed half teh game in only 2 and a half days. Why would anyone be willing to buy a game they can complete part time in 2 and a half days.

I still have high hopes for this game, but if it still has region locking on the full release and major difficulty to find friends as well, I can find better 4 man co-op games in borderlands 2.

I know there are going to be alot of people saying, 'This is a beta, the full release will fix this'. Please show me the proof that shows they are fixing this first, just because it looks like something they can fix before launch, doesn't mean they will.

Also, this is my opinion, and it is more for people feeling the same as me. I'm also trying to say to alot fo other people, do not give up on the full game. This may get me banned from the alpha, which I don't care at this point since I'm not an avid PC gamer anyway, but the alpha is way more stable than this and alot better, the things they have done in the game in the time since giving microsoft the beta is astounding. The game feels like a proper finished product but with some bugs here and there you wouldn't like to see in a game, but since that it is an alpha it probably wouldn't have gone past QA anyway.
So for those reading this, I'm just asking: Is anyone else like me seeing this problem?
Also, did the region lock actually make you want to cancel your pre-order? (Again, don't. I'm hoping they can force microsoft with this.)

Also, to a mod, please see if you can dig up any server locking information and sticky it somewhere. And while locking threads may stop some flaming going on, we players need to vent, don't make us vent it by ignoring the game completely.

Mindfix
03-24-2013, 03:46 PM
This is a very good post and while it doesn't affect me i feel for ya. Agree that this should be a sticky somewhere as this may affect people.

slavishpuppet
03-24-2013, 03:49 PM
This is the 1st xbox live game that I HAVE EVER PLAYED that doesnt let me play with my friends overseas. With that said i think the rumors of it being m$ fault is B.S. This reason alone is making me not want to get the game.

code 117
03-24-2013, 03:58 PM
I didn' want this stickied, I'm more venting and enquiring others who are quite upset or depressed on limiting an MMO.
I wanted information about how servers are being done, especially the regional locking. A simple quote 'We currently couldn't find a solution to have different region players interacting with each other within the timeframe we had. But we hope that should the game be successful, we will have enough time to do this.' would really help.
BTW, if I see that quote almost word for word found on any statement, I can easily convince alot of my friends to cancel their preorders, with my own as well.
Unfortuantly, the developers really don't share any information and its very difficult for the community managers to ease our worries. I don't want to bad mouth the developers really, but are they really anti-social or really bad at teh concept 'don't piss off customers before they buy the product'

Perx89
03-24-2013, 03:59 PM
Agreed! Furthermore its so ridicilous, no statement to this issue, nothing, many people are affected and Trion doesnt care (seems like that). It would be so easy to provide some proper information regarding this issue, but nothing is happening...

Mindfix
03-24-2013, 04:00 PM
I didn' want this stickied, I'm more venting and enquiring others who are quite upset or depressed on limiting an MMO.
I wanted information about how servers are being done, especially the regional locking. A simple quote 'We currently couldn't find a solution to have different region players interacting with each other within the timeframe we had. But we hope that should the game be successful, we will have enough time to do this.' would really help.
BTW, if I see that quote almost word for word found on any statement, I can easily convince alot of my friends to cancel their preorders, with my own as well.
Unfortuantly, the developers really don't share any information and its very difficult for the community managers to ease our worries. I don't want to bad mouth the developers really, but are they really anti-social or really bad at teh concept 'don't piss off customers before they buy the product'

I know, i am saying that a dev should have "their" own post somewhere informing people of this. :)

code 117
03-24-2013, 04:02 PM
This is the 1st xbox live game that I HAVE EVER PLAYED that doesnt let me play with my friends overseas. With that said i think the rumors of it being m$ fault is B.S. This reason alone is making me not want to get the game.

Please look at MMO titles first, it is common pc practice to initially have MMO's seperated by region. Unfortuantly, trion saw the problem with this and have got the PC and PS3 worldwide, so the only reason this can be is becuase of microsoft.
Hey, I just thought, they should put in the livestream that every defiance player (even pc and ps3) should call up xbox customer support and ask why they are unable to play with international friends when they were just able to on the ps3.
If they get enough enquiries and complaints, even they would try to do something. Also point out that all other MMO's on teh 360 were not region locked on servers.

Gilly
03-24-2013, 04:07 PM
Agreed! Furthermore its so ridicilous, no statement to this issue, nothing, many people are affected and Trion doesnt care (seems like that). It would be so easy to provide some proper information regarding this issue, but nothing is happening...

Sledge posted in one thread but then immediately locked it so anyone wanting to find that info will now have to go through many pages of threads to find it. they are making it way too difficult to find out about this issue that's affecting a lot of people.

Like code117 said, a simple thread stickied by them saying why it cant be done would make this a lot easier on people who might otherwise end up very disappointed if they have to find out on release day once they've already paid for it, and im pretty sure most peoplewould be a lot less understanding of such a post if they have to wait until they have already handed over their money to find out