PDA

View Full Version : No falling Damage at all?

Khel
03-24-2013, 03:45 PM
i like this game but.. it strikes me odd that i can fall from mountains, briges.... on foot or on bike and take zero damage?

I mean, we are normal humans/aliens... should they not take falling damage?

Zeroexit
03-24-2013, 03:50 PM
totally agree, I also feel like taking a shotgun blast point blank should take more then 10 shots to kill a player in pvp, but im asking too much.

Pizzarugi
03-24-2013, 03:59 PM
I dunno, I kinda like having no fall damage. It seem very boring for most people to travel down a long winding road just to get to the bottom of a cliff.

Defy
03-24-2013, 04:01 PM
yeah no fall damage

sometimes it can be frustrating to die just because you fell a bit

if you want something to justify it then how about new gear that was invented in the future that absorbs all ground shock damage

Pasha
03-24-2013, 04:02 PM
Not only EGO can restore you from dead - but also negate gravity. Science. Or magic. Or both.

Kroesis
03-24-2013, 04:20 PM
I have to agree with the OP, no falling damage completely is very strange and breaks immersion. I would like some fall damage or even have the shields break on landing, saving you damage but leaving you vulnerable for a few seconds. No shield.... you'll end up getting EGO to resurrect you with a stern ticking off...

twnanno
03-24-2013, 04:20 PM
maybe have a fall damage on/off option in the settings so people can decide it they want it on or off.

kroesis's idea is also a good option .

Psyqhical
03-24-2013, 04:35 PM
I would go with the Shield option thing. Having an option to turn it on or off can be exploited in PvP where one person has it on "for immersion" and the other has it off for competitive purposes.

Dixa
03-24-2013, 04:39 PM
this is likely tied to vehicles and their pursuits. good luck finding a jump high enough to get a mid air 720 done if the game has falling damage.

have yet to find a game with mounts and falling damage that differentiates between the player and the mount.

Lord Marshal
03-24-2013, 04:42 PM
Dr. Scholls has made great advancement in air cushion insoles.

MRE
03-24-2013, 04:45 PM
I received an achievment award for dropping a collective 1000 mtrs! Just could not resist finding out if there was a fall limit. guess the answers no.

PsychoHistory
03-24-2013, 04:46 PM
I honestly like having no fall damage since it makes getting off a cliff a lot more quicker than just walking or driving down a hill.

Psyqhical
03-24-2013, 04:54 PM
In my oppinion; Don't fix what ain't broke. More people like the No-fall damage then there are those who don't.

CReaper210
03-24-2013, 05:17 PM
It's an arcade shooter. There isn't very much immersion when it comes to movement. And I'm fine with that. Fall damage is not needed. If anything, it is annoying.
I like taking shortcuts.

Agonist
03-24-2013, 05:19 PM
Some kinda fall affect would be nice. Maybe not damage but shield needing to recharge, snare, or any of the nifty detrimental crud they could throw in that made sense. I am all for any environmental situations they throw at us for an additional challenge.

It is off setting seeing the mass of noobs leaping from sniper ridge. None of these would stop this but at least it would require a thought.

Dregs
03-24-2013, 05:44 PM
No fall damage jars me from the already thin atmosphere this game tries to contain but it allows me to bypass the would-be time-sink of using the proper pathing routes so I rather keep it as is.

Kroesis
03-24-2013, 05:52 PM
Honestly, when I want to get somewhere quick I'll use a vehicle and go off road. They have a lot more HP than a person so would take more damage and, for the most part, faster than running/jumping/falling. I still think some consequence to falling would be a good thing, hell i'd take a sound effect and animation of some exertion over land -> leggit