PDA

View Full Version : Good Siege class to use for loot drops.

Combo Breaker
06-15-2013, 09:33 AM
I apologize ahead of time as this class requires you to use explosives to fully maximize drops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQvfYoVQsso

I hit up every Siege I can with this class. I make a lot of Scrip and would make a lot of salvage if I went that route. There is scrip and salvage all over the place using this, even when enemies don't drop weapons.

Ensu
06-15-2013, 10:24 AM
Yep. Yep yep yep. Yep.

Explosions everywhere.

Also, the FRC Northstar Flare is surprisingly effective against Sickos and Tremblers.

Combo Breaker
06-15-2013, 10:31 AM
Yep. Yep yep yep. Yep.

Explosions everywhere.

Also, the FRC Northstar Flare is surprisingly effective against Sickos and Tremblers.

I never thought about using that. Good heads up.

bodybag360
06-15-2013, 10:35 AM
Well, i use a BMG at siege's. Mainly because that's the only place that doesn't take 5 years to level a BMG. It's REALLY good DPS if you have about 5 infected linked all at the same time.

Combo Breaker
06-15-2013, 11:25 AM
Well, i use a BMG at siege's. Mainly because that's the only place that doesn't take 5 years to level a BMG. It's REALLY good DPS if you have about 5 infected linked all at the same time.

I knew about the BMG use and totally agree. Great place to level them up.

NoahsArkfall
06-15-2013, 12:48 PM
Northstar Flares are still beasts even after they were nerfed. I get 2300-2400+ direct damage crits on tremblers regularly. Then add the burn aoe dot and you've got mass destruction in a siege. The "+ dmg% for hitting multiple targets" perk helps, too. I've got a +12 ammo mod just waiting for that perfect Northstar drop.

Alexri
06-15-2013, 12:59 PM
Intresting video, never thought of doing sieges specifically for the drops. I do tend to carry a ground pounder as my secondary in sieges, in case I find a really dense group of mobs, but I tend to stick with one of my ARs for 90% of the match.

TravelerX1
06-15-2013, 01:01 PM
I have an orange Flare with Electric Nano and 2 crit bonuses...... BEAST!!!!!!
Chews up things at sieges.

Nice build, nice video. LOOT SPLOSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if you are not using AoE weapons at Seiges.... you are doing it wrong ;)

Other fun weapons:

RLs: Sludge (Will piss people off), Bonfire, Armada (With the perks you listed, you can fire 12+ rockets and never reload as long as you kill something.... and you will.)
Dets: Big Boomers, Matchlock Boomers, Incendiary ones,
Others: Courier, Cluster Shots... oh the fun

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
06-15-2013, 02:23 PM
I simply use my blue VOT Tachmag with syphon and aim for the head/crit spots. usually get within top 5 scores.

For drops though you can actually use a bug spawning infector too. Works just as well.

Thanks for the vid Combo. Always enjoy them.

EDIT: Also, hit me up for some ME3 if you still play. Always enjoying the MP.

Combo Breaker
06-15-2013, 02:57 PM
I simply use my blue VOT Tachmag with syphon and aim for the head/crit spots. usually get within top 5 scores.

For drops though you can actually use a bug spawning infector too. Works just as well.

Thanks for the vid Combo. Always enjoy them.

EDIT: Also, hit me up for some ME3 if you still play. Always enjoying the MP.

I don't play it much these days, but we could still squeeze in a game sometime.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
06-15-2013, 03:05 PM
I don't play it much these days, but we could still squeeze in a game sometime.

Same here. I still try to hop on every few days or so. Hopped back on for the first time since Defi's launch when the social issues were FUBARed and realized how much fun/frustrating the MP still was. xD

anyway, GT is forum name here. I'm at work so I'll accept over Smartglass.

Now, continue with the on-topic posts. xD

Combo Breaker
06-15-2013, 04:27 PM
Same here. I still try to hop on every few days or so. Hopped back on for the first time since Defi's launch when the social issues were FUBARed and realized how much fun/frustrating the MP still was. xD

anyway, GT is forum name here. I'm at work so I'll accept over Smartglass.

Now, continue with the on-topic posts. xD

Request sent.

Mladenov
06-15-2013, 04:49 PM
Totally disagree with your build mate.
You should try this one:
Overcharge, Deadly Cascade, Quick Charge, Single Minded.
And you can pick whatever you want for the rest.
Add +3 magazine mod to ground pounder and shoot till you empty the clip.
Then pop Overcharge and shoot again, reload and again.
With this build i can score like 40k points at siege.

Combo Breaker
06-15-2013, 04:50 PM
Totally disagree with your build mate.
You should try this one:
Overcharge, Deadly Cascade, Quick Charge, Single Minded.
And you can pick whatever you want for the rest.
Add +3 magazine mod to ground pounder and shoot till you empty the clip.
Then pop Overcharge and shoot again, reload and again.
With this build i can score like 40k points at siege.

Nice build but I am going for loot drops on mine. My " I wanna win " build includes using a Saw and Cluster shottie.

Mladenov
06-15-2013, 04:54 PM
You can add loots from kills with explosives if you want more loot then.
No one stop you from farming weapons from zombies.
You can try this one if you want, it works fine for me.
And i have one beastly legendary detonator with super fast fire rate...

Edit: Ok, not totally disagree with your build (as i said in my last post),
but i have my own build for sieges which works pretty sweet ^^

Combo Breaker
06-15-2013, 05:08 PM
You can add loots from kills with explosives if you want more loot then.
No one stop you from farming weapons from zombies.
You can try this one if you want, it works fine for me.
And i have one beastly legendary detonator with super fast fire rate...

Edit: Ok, not totally disagree with your build (as i said in my last post),
but i have my own build for sieges which works pretty sweet ^^

I had just been pointed to certain perks by different clanmates and put a nice profitable build together. I figured I would share it with others like myself who hadn't thought about this type of build.

I wish I had a great weapon like you do. Jealous I am. I run through different weapon types as I use Sieges to level Boomers and Rockets.

Mladenov
06-15-2013, 05:16 PM
I'm using 2 ground pounders for leveling purposes and this:
http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/13326455/img/13326455.jpg (http://picturepush.com/public/13326455)
Which can shoot quite fast with double fire rate bonus.
Im EGO 4600 around and i have some weapons left to level up.

Btw about your build.
Try to use my build with some of yours (like looting more ammo), that can help you a bit, because you loot only 3 grenades per ammo cache on the ground.

ScripKeeper
06-15-2013, 05:24 PM
Nice to see people sharing their builds on here! Are you guys recruiting, Combo?

Alexri
06-15-2013, 05:27 PM
Yep. Yep yep yep. Yep.

Explosions everywhere.

That's just the awesomest tip ever. I randomly got a green flare gun with syphon, 1.15 crit, and magazine slot open, so I slapped a +12 mag on it and headed to a siege at kent farm.

Scored first with 48000 using nothing but that thing. HOLY SMOKES that thing eats tremblers!!

Muffins
06-15-2013, 05:58 PM
If this game only allowed you to choose 2 weapons from start to finish, I swear I'd be like one of the 0.50% of the people in this game to be using a rocket launcher.
People don't like explosives in general, I say too bad I love them and use them for general overall use, but then I feel like I'm looking at hypocrites when in a seige at the end I walk around and a dozen people are using a rocket launcher and even more detonators...

Ensu
06-15-2013, 06:03 PM
Naw, I've been using grenade launchers (ground pounders), swarm cannons and rebounders since the beginning. I'm not a huge fan of the others though. Mass Cannon's kinda okay, I just can't seem to get the hang of it.

That said, 80% of my kills are probably still with a sniper rifle.

... I don't use a sniper rifle at a siege.

Combo Breaker
06-15-2013, 07:15 PM
I'm using 2 ground pounders for leveling purposes and this:
http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/13326455/img/13326455.jpg (http://picturepush.com/public/13326455)
Which can shoot quite fast with double fire rate bonus.
Im EGO 4600 around and i have some weapons left to level up.

Btw about your build.
Try to use my build with some of yours (like looting more ammo), that can help you a bit, because you loot only 3 grenades per ammo cache on the ground.

That is a beauty right there.

Combo Breaker
06-15-2013, 07:16 PM
Nice to see people sharing their builds on here! Are you guys recruiting, Combo?

Always recruiting but all clan features are down at the moment.

Colif
06-15-2013, 08:39 PM
I use Techmag Pulsar/BMG with +1 link on sieges, I normally get within top 5. Not from kills I suspect but a lot of assists. I got top last night with 101 kills + 84 assists but I have had over 100 assists before. Sometimes use BMG + rocket launcher but only if its crowded and I don't have to kite a stack of infected around middle area of Bolinos (the other two areas have pretty safe places you can stand on).

I used sieges to level up weapon skills but as I am just missing snipers now, its going to be harder. BMG & SMG almost maxed in the last few weeks. I know they don't need to be 20 but they too fun to stop.

sQuinty
06-15-2013, 08:54 PM
Honestly the best combination I have used is probably Flare/SAW.

Not to say there aren't better ones, but the Flare does solid AOE (2k crits a lot, also good single target on the elites) then the saw for when you need to take just 1-2 guys down.

Not to say a super explosive build couldn't do very well, I just think a lot of times you would be wasting a lot of explosions.

Shada Mori
06-15-2013, 08:57 PM

I'd argue this point, because the DPS it does is ****e and you are effectively screwing over everyone in the siege by doing crap DPS and slowing down the kill rate. You can get the exact same XP gain doing infected emergencies which are easily found by driving the roads or looking in a few key spots (One right outside top notch for example just across the bridge thats always there.)

I'm quite fond of my Mass Cannon for sieges, it does very well, especially when combined with a flash grenade. I usually have my Mazu Blast Rifle in my other slot for finishing off stragglers.

Muffins
06-15-2013, 10:10 PM
I'm quite fond of my Mass Cannon for sieges, it does very well, especially when combined with a flash grenade. I usually have my Mazu Blast Rifle in my other slot for finishing off stragglers.

You and me are kindred spirits.

Combo Breaker
06-15-2013, 10:34 PM
You and me are kindred spirits.

I am going to have to try the Mass Cannon. My friends say it's great too.

Tekrunner
06-16-2013, 04:17 AM
A big boomer (for groups and tremblers) / FRC SAW (for isolated mobs) combo + perks to make Overcharge last as long as possible is pretty much the best you can do to score as many points as possible. I've done 100k points twice with that kind of loadout.

Shada Mori
06-16-2013, 04:44 AM

Make sure you use the one perk, forgot its name.. that increases the damage based on how many mobs are caught in the explosion. Its in the top right of the ego grid.

Muffins
06-16-2013, 04:58 AM
Make sure you use the one perk, forgot its name.. that increases the damage based on how many mobs are caught in the explosion. Its in the top right of the ego grid.

Deadly cascade.

It's pretty over looked, a lot of people are used to shooting directly at things as opposed to around them in ways.
Also if you use it smart, you can use the environment to your advantage and do 4x the damage in one shot.

I see people using Mass Cannons at sieges who fire directly at the enemy, and they either pop it too early (I find this pretty bad, I'm blind in my left eye; always have been and I have a better sense of depth perception and trajectory than most people I see playing games), too late so it doesn't cluster, or they're looking right at the enemy when firing it.
I don't call myself smart, but I sometimes feel like sometimes I'm smart when I figure something else out that seemed so simple to imagine yet I don't see anyone else doing it... Cluster the roofs, damnit!!

Combo Breaker
06-16-2013, 07:56 AM
Deadly Cascade is definitely in my set-up. Great explosive perk.

AxionXD
06-16-2013, 09:30 AM
Lol, I started doing this too, using a Shotgun Clustershot and a Detonator in sieges, highly effective.

I remember in one siege in San Fran, when the Dark Matter showed up, there was so much explosions someone made the funny comment

"There's more explosions then at a terrorist training camp"

I don't lag much in this game, even with the massive explosive use, which is surprising. One of the main reasons I like defiance.