PDA

View Full Version : In case you were wondering.

degausser781
03-24-2013, 04:32 PM
For the players currently testing out the beta I have a few tips and strategies that may help or explain some of the gameplay mechanics.

First and foremost I would like to address chat. Yes everyone agrees its on the meager side but if you have access to a chatpad (25$ or so) Then you can enter chat without going through any annoying menus. All you need to do is hit "enter" on the pad and begin typing. Granted the small box on the bottom right wont allow alot of characters but it is enough to address the people you want to talk to. To post your comment just hit "enter" again. Yes this seem to be bound to the spawn area your in (green spawn point icon). Make sure your chat icon in the bottom right corner is selected to "Area."

The next tip I have is the under use of "Loadouts." Im EGO level 243 and I have two loadouts at my disposal. In order to take advantage of my perks and EGO powers I will set up each loadout for different scenarios. Loadout one is my primary weapon and healing with damage mitigating perks. When I need massive AoE I will simply hit "Start" then hit "Y" to switch to my second gear loadout. Then hit B or "start" again to get back into the fray. This helps alot when grouped or you need to switch up tactics. In essence it gives me FOUR weapons to choose from.

Thirdly there are Keys that unlock Lock boxes. The beta allows us one at a time and you need to complete events to get "shards" (ten total I believe) and once you have enough shards you will automatically turn them into a single Key which you can use to open a lock box. Lock boxes are bought at the vendor space coffin thing.

Fourth. When your inventory is full and you open a lock box or get a mission reward, the item will go into a "overflow" if you will. This can be accessed at the bottom of the Defiance in game store where you can redeem them after you have room.

Lastly please, my fellow testers. Look at the "Pursuits" section. This will detail quite a bit about the final game. Stuff like EGO level 5000 and weekly/daily including reputations grinds.

In conclussion bear in mind this is at least a month old build we are playing. Enemies and loot is placeholder only, along with certain voice acting and what not. Its our job to break the servers so that on game day we have far fewer hiccups.

Intamasica
03-24-2013, 05:44 PM
Just to address your first point, it may be a waste of money for people who are worried to buy a chatpad as this is only an issue in the beta. In the full release game, you will be able to voice-chat in your 'Area', 'Group' or 'Clan', depending on what you decide. It'd be a waste of money to buy a 25 /$ chatpad if you're happy and able to use voice in game. However if you're unable to, chatpad OR a cheap USB keyboard (as I use) would be very helpful.

Also, this is a three/four month old build. But yes, your point still stands.

Sir Green Day
03-24-2013, 09:19 PM
For the players currently testing out the beta I have a few tips and strategies that may help or explain some of the gameplay mechanics.

First and foremost I would like to address chat. Yes everyone agrees its on the meager side but if you have access to a chatpad (25$ or so) Then you can enter chat without going through any annoying menus. All you need to do is hit "enter" on the pad and begin typing. Granted the small box on the bottom right wont allow alot of characters but it is enough to address the people you want to talk to. To post your comment just hit "enter" again. Yes this seem to be bound to the spawn area your in (green spawn point icon). Make sure your chat icon in the bottom right corner is selected to "Area."

The next tip I have is the under use of "Loadouts." Im EGO level 243 and I have two loadouts at my disposal. In order to take advantage of my perks and EGO powers I will set up each loadout for different scenarios. Loadout one is my primary weapon and healing with damage mitigating perks. When I need massive AoE I will simply hit "Start" then hit "Y" to switch to my second gear loadout. Then hit B or "start" again to get back into the fray. This helps alot when grouped or you need to switch up tactics. In essence it gives me FOUR weapons to choose from.

Thirdly there are Keys that unlock Lock boxes. The beta allows us one at a time and you need to complete events to get "shards" (ten total I believe) and once you have enough shards you will automatically turn them into a single Key which you can use to open a lock box. Lock boxes are bought at the vendor space coffin thing.

Fourth. When your inventory is full and you open a lock box or get a mission reward, the item will go into a "overflow" if you will. This can be accessed at the bottom of the Defiance in game store where you can redeem them after you have room.

Lastly please, my fellow testers. Look at the "Pursuits" section. This will detail quite a bit about the final game. Stuff like EGO level 5000 and weekly/daily including reputations grinds.

In conclussion bear in mind this is at least a month old build we are playing. Enemies and loot is placeholder only, along with certain voice acting and what not. Its our job to break the servers so that on game day we have far fewer hiccups.

Thank you captain obvious. If anyone is playing this game and didn't know any of this Basic information, then they shouldn't be playing.

ThaddyMak
03-24-2013, 09:46 PM
I think this is great info to give to those just starting out.

Brock 5amson
03-24-2013, 09:48 PM
No Not really that useful. I could take an hour and write out a very detailed post for starting beta players, but I just don't have enough ****s to give at the moment.

JENATR0N
03-24-2013, 09:58 PM
Just because this wasn't useful to you guys doesn't mean it won't be useful to anyone else so stop being such ****s.

Thank for the post!

Dunnomatic
03-24-2013, 10:44 PM
So with the chatpad in the chat window you can hit enter and start typing without having to bring up the keyboard window? Ive tried this multiple times and never got that to work? On a normal keyboard hooked into the system yes but never with the chatpad and trust me Ive tried alot as Im EGO 271.

Personally Ill be using voice chat unless its a hasdle so this doesnt concern me much but if voice chat is a pain due to to many people being jerks Id like to know this actually works for other people or will work at launch.

KaosPenguin
03-25-2013, 12:36 AM
you will be able to voice-chat in your 'Area'

Could've swore they said they weren't gonna do Area voice chat cause then that'd be like fable and that would be ANNOYING especially people who have kinects you can hear everything their TV is playing and they play their loud music and such.

pricey007
03-25-2013, 01:20 AM
Thank you captain obvious. If anyone is playing this game and didn't know any of this Basic information, then they shouldn't be playing.

I thought the info was fine. Even though many people know this, there will always be someone that doesn't.

You're just being rude for the sake of it. What a witty person you are. Not.