PDA

View Full Version : Talked with microsoft

Kingbudman
03-24-2013, 04:35 PM
I talked with microsoft and they told me that they had no idea that or why Defiance is region locked. They also told me that there is no one they can put me in touch with that would be able to tell me why Defiance is region locked. Except for the publisher and Trion has already stated that the region lock is on the request of Microsoft.

Since I already talked with microsoft I would like to say here that I am disappointed with you Trion for not fighting this since it seems that PC and PS3 are worldwide.

Harrison23
03-24-2013, 04:44 PM
Keep in mind Microsoft is the one calling the shots here. It wouldn't be wise for Trion to take on Microsoft.

Perx89
03-24-2013, 04:45 PM
I talked with microsoft and they told me that they had no idea that or why Defiance is region locked. They also told me that there is no one they can put me in touch with that would be able to tell me why Defiance is region locked. Except for the publisher and Trion has already stated that the region lock is on the request of Microsoft.

Since I already talked with microsoft I would like to say here that I am disappointed with you Trion for not fighting this since it seems that PC and PS3 are worldwide.
Trion is by far the worst gaming company I have ever experienced regarding news and stuff. Nothing is addressed, no official statements to our problems, really fed up with the game because if this.

Brock 5amson
03-24-2013, 04:47 PM
You sure can talk up a storm of ******** in one post.
You talked to microsoft? exactly who in microsoft? some support agent I presume?

Please do us a favor, and not post the most obvious reply.
Cause I will pick up the red phone and make a call to the pope asking him why is hasn't he blessed this game yet.

CharmCitysKing
03-24-2013, 04:49 PM

they simply wont make it world wide because the processor is terrible, it would be so damn laggy it will be un playable...the cell processor on the ps3 is twice as good as the xbox thats why its locked. xbox 360 is beyond out dated.

Synder
03-24-2013, 04:55 PM

So, you talked to Microsoft. Not really, what actually happened is you talked to a uninformed person at one of thier call centers, and trust me those are NO where near the actual MS offices. (used to do Ms help desk several years ago. I was hired right off the street, was given VERY little training, and then sent to answer live phone calls as "Ms help desk agent". I am in Kentucky).

Microsoft was the one to ask for a region lock on this game. I understand you are upset. But there is no need to blame Trion, blame Ms themselves, as they asked for it.

BKB Black Steel
03-24-2013, 04:55 PM
Trion is by far the worst gaming company I have ever experienced regarding news and stuff. Nothing is addressed, no official statements to our problems, really fed up with the game because if this.

The xbox has some of the worst gamers I have ever experienced regarding news and stuff, and free betas and entitlement and patience, and communication. This beta released in almost unplayable fashion..this FREE beta. After a quick message about maintenance, one hour later...everything was playable, functional...and fun might I say. Over the next 2 days, there have been numerous log-in problems, bugs, glitches, etc...normal stuff I expect for a beta...for a game the likes the xbox has never seen.

All I see on the forum is complaining, overreactions, whining, and stupid assumptions. Do you want constant updates that might or might not tell us anything useful or have this obviously talented team working hard to get things right?

I'm fed up too...fed up with the general xbox community. Why is this topic even being taken seriously? Some guy with 3 posts claims HE spoke with MICROSOFT???? Who exactly did you speak to? You guys are the worst...

Dr D Wayne Love
03-24-2013, 04:56 PM
they simply wont make it world wide because the processor is terrible, it would be so damn laggy it will be un playable...the cell processor on the ps3 is twice as good as the xbox thats why its locked. xbox 360 is beyond out dated.

What does a processor have to do with internet lag?

CharmCitysKing
03-24-2013, 04:58 PM
the system cant handle all thats going on.

Iceman0134
03-24-2013, 04:58 PM

Aperantly you dont look at other threads/ watch live streams. Trion listens to their fans and wants to hear feedback.

Jamesdanex
03-24-2013, 05:01 PM

It's just a playstation fanboy trying to turn this into a console war, ignore it.

rhodezie
03-24-2013, 05:04 PM

Your obviously one of those ps3 nerd xbox is better then the ps3 i have a ps3 and its terrible online laggs like a ***** on any game while playing multiplayer. and lol graphics are more up to date on the xbox than the ps3 will ever have and thats the old arcade models rofl

DJTrig
03-24-2013, 05:31 PM
Ps3 is region locked aswell from what i can tell,though they haven't had a definitive answer on the subject from what i can see.But it would make sense since Sony likes everything done differently on ps3 for EU and US.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the ps3 peeps don't seem to be as ****** at the news because it is easier for them to make an alt account for the other region.

code 117
03-24-2013, 05:33 PM

With 100 people on a server/shard, you are really taxing teh processor as it is. If the data the game needs (other player info/what is actually going on in the game that is relevent to the player) is received more slowly, it has to run really hard to get this generated in time for the player.
If details are generated every 1 millisecond (can't remember the name of the smallest time count), which is better:
Local region = 0.1 of a millisecond data received to player, giving the processor 0.9 millisecond to generate the data.
International region = 0.4 of a millisecond data received to player, 0.6 to generate.
It may sound a lot, but lets put it this way.
You have half an hour for lunch, you order some food to be delivered. There are two places:
Place next door: Takes 15 minutes to cook the food and deiver it, giving you 15 minutes to eat it.
Place further away: Takes 25 minutes to cook and deliver, giving just 5 minutes to eat.
What I'm also trying to point out is the fact there may not be enough time to do everything in time, so that is where alot of lag also comes from, as it is missing data.

I couldn't think of a better way to explain this, hope someone else does.

Intamasica
03-24-2013, 05:37 PM
Can I just ask some questions about this? As I'm not too sure what's going on.

What regions are locked out?
Are they locked out of the beta only, or the whole game going online?

code 117
03-24-2013, 05:40 PM
Whole game unfortuantly. If you look down the dev tracker it takes you to a post where sledge does acknowledge it was microsoft who imposed it.
I'm in the UK and cannot find any friends outside of it, although they are all american and canadian. So those regions are locked from me.

Intamasica
03-24-2013, 05:46 PM
Whole game unfortuantly. If you look down the dev tracker it takes you to a post where sledge does acknowledge it was microsoft who imposed it.
I'm in the UK and cannot find any friends outside of it, although they are all american and canadian. So those regions are locked from me.

Ah right, thanks, it sucks that that's the case. But people can't slate Microsoft for doing it, there must be a good reason. Why else would they do it, they wouldn't want to lose many fans/players for no good reason.

I'm just lucky it's just me and my friend also from the UK that will be playing together.

Alzan
03-24-2013, 05:47 PM
Final Fantasy XI, and PSU weren't region locked, so whatever they say just sounds like bull to me.

SxDrugsNCake
03-24-2013, 05:49 PM

You don't follow their twitter, watch the live streams, read the forum stickies, or look very hard in general, do you?

code 117
03-24-2013, 06:10 PM
Ah right, thanks, it sucks that that's the case. But people can't slate Microsoft for doing it, there must be a good reason. Why else would they do it, they wouldn't want to lose many fans/players for no good reason.

I'm just lucky it's just me and my friend also from the UK that will be playing together.

Microsoft is a very closed network compared to ps3 and pc, and everyone should understand that we don't want the network issues ps3 and pc usually get from hackers. This is also one of teh little reasons why microsoft didn;t want mixed platform gaming (biggest reason being Sony and MS don't mix).

It just confuses everyone when you look at FFXI and PSU. Why allow those internationally but restrict this game which could show consoles are not inferior in games when it comes to teh amount of players. Whatever the reason is, it will hurt their image as the only thing people are seeing (regardless if there is a good reason) is that the ps3 can do this and the 360 can't (even though its a won't).

neogp
03-24-2013, 06:16 PM
The xbox has some of the worst gamers I have ever experienced regarding news and stuff, and free betas and entitlement and patience, and communication. This beta released in almost unplayable fashion..this FREE beta. After a quick message about maintenance, one hour later...everything was playable, functional...and fun might I say. Over the next 2 days, there have been numerous log-in problems, bugs, glitches, etc...normal stuff I expect for a beta...for a game the likes the xbox has never seen.

All I see on the forum is complaining, overreactions, whining, and stupid assumptions. Do you want constant updates that might or might not tell us anything useful or have this obviously talented team working hard to get things right?

I'm fed up too...fed up with the general xbox community. Why is this topic even being taken seriously? Some guy with 3 posts claims HE spoke with MICROSOFT???? Who exactly did you speak to? You guys are the worst...

Cheers brother..:cool:

winterforge
03-24-2013, 06:30 PM
"I talked with Microsoft" is the new "I have two-way conversations with God."

Tibbs
03-24-2013, 06:56 PM
I had lunch with Bill Gates the other day.

D Knight X91
03-24-2013, 06:57 PM
Its really not Microsoft, its Trion.

1: 95% of games aren't lock to a region locked and its also locked on PS3 and PC (2 places MS don't control).

2: I been more betas than most of you ever seen. MS never seem to control the time on them. Halo 3 beta when on for 2 month when it was a 1 month beta. Reach was a 1 week beta that lasted a month (thats 3 weeks). Blur (a racing game game) lasted 1 month. PSU (yes it was a beta not a demo if you read it) lasted 3 years. Plus if you got an early code the game did work so its Trion holding the limit.

3: In other betas I played I gotten updates, even demos too (like crackdown 2). So them putting out an old version of the game was Trion.

Read and you will see something is up, and its not MS.

Wrathful_Badger
03-24-2013, 07:03 PM
So them putting out an old version of the game was Trion.

this has been confirmed NUMEROUS times by Trion. I'd imagine the reason behind the region lock is because in most cases European players and North American players don't have the best connections to each other when it comes to online game. This might also only be implemented into the beta as a way to not over stress the servers.

Remember, this is only a beta, not the final product.

D Knight X91
03-24-2013, 07:08 PM
this has been confirmed NUMEROUS times by Trion. I'd imagine the reason behind the region lock is because in most cases European players and North American players don't have the best connections to each other when it comes to online game. This might also only be implemented into the beta as a way to not over stress the servers.

Remember, this is only a beta, not the find product.

I know its a beta and I like. I'm just tired of everyone pointing fingers here. There is blame on both sides.

Rabid Cat
03-25-2013, 06:17 AM
I feel bad for those of you effected by the region lock. I too have friends across the pond who I wont be able to join in Defiance. This does suck, as they are good friends that I have had for along time.... However, the lag that would be created in having them in my game/shard would be awful. The pvp would be ruined by my friend who was lagging and couldnt be hit, or couldnt hit anyone. pve wouldnt be much fun either if he couldnt revive you, or you him. This isnt an Xbox issue, or a PS3 issue, its a console issue.

Golgo28
03-25-2013, 06:32 AM
Final Fantasy XI, and PSU weren't region locked, so whatever they say just sounds like bull to me.

first psu was not a mmo.second the reason ffXI and psu were not region locked because their respective publishers/developers paid the ton of extra money ms charges.The fees MS charges along with the insane number of restrictions and regulations they have involving the certification process to put a game on the x360 are ludicrous.The only other company to pull such bs is sony.both companies are very developer/publisher unfriendly,unless that developer is owned by/or making the game for them to publish.consider at first ffXI required you to have xbox live gold to play it on top of requiring the monthly fee.It was years before ms backedoff and allowed people with the free xbl accounts to play ffXI.AND unfortunately until someone makes a console that equals the 360 and ps3(or i should say ps4 and x720) that is more game maker freindly everyone has to put up with it or fork over the cash for a decent pc.