PDA

View Full Version : I think its time to refund that DLC

Warlander
06-15-2013, 05:28 PM
Ive been holding off, I havnt even been playing because the game is still a buggy mess with nothing to do, log in to do any new content usually takes 5-10 wooo.

But they said 5 DLC's this year, wellthis first DLC now stated not coming till end of next month, will be months behind its intended release, that means after that they are going to have to pump out about one a month....

Am I the only person that finds this hilarious ? they cant get a single patch to work, and pushed back the first DLC months, but then there gonna hammer out a whole bunch of DLC in record time?

if you think its going to work your fooling yourself , and since im pretty certain they cant deliver in the time frame they have said, I think its time to play it safe and pull my preorder before its too late.

the oway this game is going it might be dead before they even finish, you may never even see that dlc.

Omnifarious Xji
06-15-2013, 05:31 PM
They never said "By December the 31st, 2013." They said within a years time after release. So by the end of April, 2014, is the expected time range of the 5 DLCs.

Arsenic_Touch
06-15-2013, 05:32 PM
Actually, they have until April 2014, assuming that's when season 2 airs since they said the 5 dlcs will be released in between season 1 and season 2. Since they're waiting til after season 1 completes, one would assume they'd be out before season 2 airs but knowing Trion they'll say "we never specifically said before season 2 started" and end up releasing them all right before season 2 ends.

Also throw in season 2 chapter, since we're currently playing the season 1 chapter.... I don't see how they're going to keep up at all.

They also said they have things planned for the season off time to connect the game and the show more, so the characters on the show have something to do. We'll see how badly they screw up that one.

Hiero Glyph
06-15-2013, 05:33 PM
They also said they have things planned for the season off time to connect the game and the show more, so the characters on the show have something to do. We'll see how badly they screw up that one.

My bet is on more data recorders!

ZOSO62
06-15-2013, 05:36 PM
They also said 5 DLC's between Season 1 and Season 2 and considering the show came in the Spring as a Mid-Season replacement you would think that Season 2 wouldn't start airing until next spring. I have not seen one bit of info stating that the scheduled release dates would be by the end of 2013...so try having a bit of patience...

baelrusk
06-15-2013, 05:37 PM
My bet is on more data recorders!

And/or additions to the Intel video section on some of the characters.

thejx4
06-15-2013, 06:00 PM
They never said "By December the 31st, 2013." They said within a years time after release. So by the end of April, 2014, is the expected time range of the 5 DLCs.

They have stated *multiple* times, that all 5 DLC packs would be out *this* year.

baelrusk
06-15-2013, 06:04 PM
They have stated *multiple* times, that all 5 DLC packs would be out *this* year.

Within a year. Not by the end of the year.

Omnifarious Xji
06-15-2013, 06:07 PM

Proof? I've never heard them say that, only "within a year after launch."

Dave Blackwell
06-15-2013, 06:11 PM
Let me dig up a post I left someone who was crying 'REFUND!!' to explain why they'll never get a refund.

So many people don't bother reading these things and then are confused as to why they don't get refunds.. There should be a version of TOU's and all agreements for those that have a short attention span.

Taken directly from Trion's TOS in regards to Defiance:

D. Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods

Purchases of Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods will be available for use upon completion your purchase and are therefore non-refundable, unless otherwise required by law.

As Trion deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, Trion may limit the total amount of Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods that may be purchased at any one time, and/or limit the aggregate amount of Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods that may be held in your Account.

You are solely responsible for verifying that the proper amount of Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods has been added to or deducted from your Account during any given transaction. You are responsible for notifying Trion immediately if you believe that a mistake has been made with respect to your Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods. Trion, in its sole discretion, may require additional information and/or documentation to verify your claim, and once Trion has the information that Trion deems necessary to verify your claim, Trion may take action to freeze your Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods and, if frozen, may unfreeze such Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods once Trion has returned control of your Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods to you. Regardless of any actions Trion may take on your behalf, you acknowledge and agree that Trion has sole and absolute discretion in determining whether or not your claim is valid and, if so, the appropriate remedy.

Trion reserves the right to reduce, liquidate, deactivate, suspend or terminate your Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods if Trion determines in its sole discretion, after investigation, that you have misused such Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods to conduct any fraudulent or illegal activity.

If you leave a balance of Virtual Currency unused for a period of time set forth by your state, country, or other governing body in its unclaimed property laws, or if your account is closed, whether voluntarily or involuntarily, we may process your Virtual Currency balance in accordance with our legal obligations, including by submitting funds associated with your Virtual Currency balance to the appropriate governing body where required by law.

YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE VIRTUAL CURRENCY AND/OR VIRTUAL GOODS YOU ACQUIRE HAVE NO MONETARY VALUE AND CANNOT BE REDEEMED FOR MONEY, GOODS, OR OTHER ITEMS OF MONETARY VALUE.

E. Refund Policy

ALL SUBSCRIPTION FEES (INCLUDING ANY GAME CARD REDEEMED FOR SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES) AND FEES ASSOCIATED WITH VIRTUAL ITEMS, IF ANY, ARE PAYABLE IN ADVANCE AND ARE NOT REFUNDABLE IN WHOLE OR IN PART [AS ALL SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES, VIRTUAL CURRENCY AND VIRTUAL GOODS ARE AVAILABLE FOR USE UPON PURCHASE]. YOU AGREE THAT TRION IS NOT REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A REFUND FOR ANY REASON, AND THAT YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE MONEY BACK FOR PRE-PAID TIME AND/OR VIRTUAL ITEMS WHEN AN ACCOUNT IS CLOSED, WHETHER VOLUNTARILY OR INVOLUNTARILY.

Additionally, as products or services (such as Game(s) or Virtual Items) that are downloadable are deemed used promptly upon completion of your purchase, no refunds will be made for such purchases. Unless otherwise required by law or permitted by this Agreement, downloaded products, account keys purchased to activate or unlock downloaded software (including any Game(s) and/or Game Client(s)), and Virtual Items are not refundable or redeemable for any sum of money or monetary value from Trion at any time.

Now for the nail in the coffin;

Trion may assign this Agreement, in whole or in part, to any person or entity at any time with or without your consent. You hereby agree to the assignment and novation of this Agreement to a third party, in whole or in part, on reasonable terms (as provided by Trion). You may not assign or transfer this Agreement or your rights hereunder, and any attempt to the contrary is void.

If any provision of this Agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default.

Subject to section 21A, this Terms of Use Agreement is the complete and exclusive statement of the agreement between you and Trion concerning the Service, and this Agreement supersedes any prior or contemporaneous agreement, either oral or written, and any other communications with regard thereto between you and Trion; provided, however that this Agreement is in addition to, and does not replace or supplant, any applicable Game EULA or Trionís Privacy Policy.

In the event of a conflict or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of this Agreement and a Game EULA, the terms and conditions of the Game EULA shall supersede any such terms and conditions of this Agreement. This Agreement may only be modified as set forth herein. The section headings used herein are for reference only and shall not be read to have any legal effect.

Nothing express or implied in this Agreement is intended to confer, nor shall anything herein confer, upon any person other than the Parties and the respective permitted successors or assigns of the Parties, any rights, remedies, obligations or liabilities whatsoever, including pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.

I HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE FOREGOING TERMS OF USE AGREEMENT AND AGREE THAT MY USE OF THE SITE, ACCOUNT, GAME (INCLUDING GAME-RELATED VIRTUAL ITEMS, IF ANY), GAME CLIENT AND/OR THE SERVICE IS AN ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF MY AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS TERMS OF USE AGREEMENT.

You want a refund? Tough ****.

Here, this will make you feel better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE

Muffins
06-15-2013, 06:12 PM

http://games.on.net/2013/05/defiance-aiming-for-five-dlc-expansions-before-the-year-is-out/

— in fact, they’ve revealed that they’re aiming for an aggressive release schedule which will see five DLC expansions released in the next 12 months.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/405683/defiance-dlc-plans-detailed/

The company has five DLC packs planned for release within the next year and each will offer a free component, a paid component and a store update.

thejx4
06-15-2013, 06:14 PM
Proof? I've never heard them say that, only "within a year after launch."

1 of many.

http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/04/06/dear-diary-its-the-fourth-day-its-been-amazing-but-why-do-we-still-have-lag/

What’s our DLC plan? – I’ve seen a lot of you mention this and this is material for an entire blog post because there is so much I want to talk about. However, let’s be short. There are at least 5 DLCs this year. They all have a free and paid component. We do not want to segregate our playerbase so we always want everybody be able to participate and play with friends. The free part is features and content, the paid part is essentially, say, access to a new playable species with a bundle of stuff with it. The upcoming TV tie-ins aren’t DLCs that cost either. It’s all yours.

thejx4
06-15-2013, 06:15 PM
http://games.on.net/2013/05/defiance-aiming-for-five-dlc-expansions-before-the-year-is-out/

These are credible sites? lol. CVG is known for its BS.

Muffins
06-15-2013, 06:16 PM
These are credible sites? lol. CVG is known for its BS.

You sound mad.

thejx4
06-15-2013, 06:23 PM
You sound mad.

You sound like you lack reading comprehension skills...

Ensu
06-15-2013, 06:33 PM
In 2012 it was the Mayan Calendar. In 2013 it is Defiance DLC dates.

Will the DLC ever come out? Will the world end when it does?

Tune in next year to find out!

Dave Blackwell
06-15-2013, 06:38 PM
In 2012 it was the Mayan Calendar. In 2013 it is Defiance DLC dates.

Will the DLC ever come out? Will the world end when it does?

Tune in next year to find out!

Hahaha, I always wondered what would be the next prediction after that freak show.
+1 to you for the laugh.

baelrusk
06-15-2013, 06:42 PM
Well it doesn't matter anyway.

If they have never given a specific date for any of them, they can pretty much release whenever they want.

And one thing to clear up "within the next year". That doesn't mean this year. That actually gives to the end of next year. Hate how small things can change a whole perception.

Also "There are at least 5 DLCs this year" doesn't necessarily mean 5 to be released this year. It only means that they are working on them this year.

Not trying to be a grammar cop here. Just trying to clear some of this up, because the way something is worded, can change it's meaning greatly.

Omnifarious Xji
06-15-2013, 06:45 PM
1 of many.

http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/04/06/dear-diary-its-the-fourth-day-its-been-amazing-but-why-do-we-still-have-lag/Where does it say 2013 on that? Oh? What's that? It doesn't? Oh well that's too bad, you almost had a credible link.

Billy Guile
06-15-2013, 06:59 PM

If they have never given a specific date for any of them, they can pretty much release whenever they want.

And one thing to clear up "within the next year". That doesn't mean this year. That actually gives to the end of next year. Hate how small things can change a whole perception.

Also "There are at least 5 DLCs this year" doesn't necessarily mean 5 to be released this year. It only means that they are working on them this year.

Not trying to be a grammar cop here. Just trying to clear some of this up, because the way something is worded, can change it's meaning greatly.

"within the next year" means within a year of it being said because its not definitive.

StarBat
06-15-2013, 07:01 PM
Honestly, it doesn't even matter. It's all semantics. Nearly everything they've said can be taken several ways. We've never really been given concrete dates, numbers, or details on anything to date. It's by design.

Servers on steam's free weekend were supposed to come up "Within the hour". You can take that two ways. It wasn't up within either. So, what's the difference?

There are no screen shots of a Legendary laying on the ground. When we tell them their challenge weekend is made much more difficult by new patches, we're essentially told to L2P. Confirmation on weapon mastery skills being possible to reset has never happend, only claimed. Near constant misinformation, half truths, double-speak, and deliberate vagueness abound. Why is anyone surprised?

I'll wait for the releases. I have my season pass, but if I'll even log in and try them out is a different story. $30 has been paid. It's done.

Voyavoda
06-15-2013, 10:37 PM
they better hurry up with these dlc packs... the next gen systems are around the corner... once they hit... I'm outta here... my *cough* Destiny awaits!!!

RealHoosier07
06-15-2013, 10:45 PM
First off, I'm a big fan of Defiance. I really like the game and hope it only gets better, but after watching video of Destiny, which will be on PS3 and PS4 both, I'm wondering if it will kill Defiance's population. It looks similar to Defiance, but seems to be way more extensive and maybe it has all the things we hoped defiance had. The fact that it's on PS4 makes it better right from the start. That console makes the PS3 look like the Super Nintendo. lol PS4 looks amazing and I can't wait to see Destiny...hell I"d love to see Defiance on PS4.

MacDeath
06-15-2013, 10:49 PM

It's interesting (to me at least) how the human mind works. Trion said, "within the next 12 months". Many people simplify this to be, "Within a year", and then in there memory recall it becomes, "within THIS year" which MUST mean before the end of the calendar year.

Hummies are soooo broken, it's no wonder we Votan's are the only real hope for this planet.

IGears
06-15-2013, 11:38 PM
First off, I'm a big fan of Defiance. I really like the game and hope it only gets better, but after watching video of Destiny, which will be on PS3 and PS4 both, I'm wondering if it will kill Defiance's population. It looks similar to Defiance, but seems to be way more extensive and maybe it has all the things we hoped defiance had. The fact that it's on PS4 makes it better right from the start. That console makes the PS3 look like the Super Nintendo. lol PS4 looks amazing and I can't wait to see Destiny...hell I"d love to see Defiance on PS4.

Where Destiny wont, The Division will.. funny how all these similar games start with the letter "D"

Billy Guile
06-15-2013, 11:52 PM
Where Destiny wont, The Division will.. funny how all these similar games start with the letter "D"

i'm waiting for one called Dastardly with the main character being Dudley Do-Right who drives around in an eco friendly Dodge Dart with his faithful dog named Dice. his catch phrase will be, "don't do wrong when you can definitely do right day and night".

fido9dido
06-16-2013, 01:02 AM
Frankly whatever the reason the DLC was delayed. i think they should release one of the DLC by the end of this month cuz the game is kinda boring right now. the arkfall and siege is unplayable when a lot of people online. this is our fault because most of the players use weapons like auto lobber. the lighting this weapons cause hurt my eyes badly. these weapons need to be deleted or remove their graphics.
there's nothing to do right now except for instances and it's boring.

Muffins
06-16-2013, 03:01 AM
It's interesting (to me at least) how the human mind works. Trion said, "within the next 12 months". Many people simplify this to be, "Within a year", and then in there memory recall it becomes, "within THIS year" which MUST mean before the end of the calendar year.

Hummies are soooo broken, it's no wonder we Votan's are the only real hope for this planet.

Yeah, Humans need a buff. Chinese whispers is too OP on humans.

Elric1
06-16-2013, 03:14 AM
Regardless, more and more players who started in aplril will jump off this game and play others and not bother to return til the dc comes out. That players who might have bought stuff from their stores. I'm happy knowing they just cut their own pockets and assured that a great many fo us won't have to worry about grabbing anything from them til least late July.

If they want to lose money by all means suffer. I have no pity for self inflicted ineptitude.

Shada Mori
06-16-2013, 04:50 AM
Started in April, took two weeks off a while back cause I got into another game. Will probably do the same on the 26th of June (Shadowrun Returns... *drool*) .. will be back after that. The game is FREE now that you own it. That's the great thing about buy to play. You can say "hrmm can't do much in the game till the DLC comes, I'll play something else!" and it will cost you exactly ZERO.

Sanguinesun
06-16-2013, 06:55 AM
1 of many.

http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/04/06/dear-diary-its-the-fourth-day-its-been-amazing-but-why-do-we-still-have-lag/

What’s our DLC plan? – I’ve seen a lot of you mention this and this is material for an entire blog post because there is so much I want to talk about. However, let’s be short. There are at least 5 DLCs this year. They all have a free and paid component. We do not want to segregate our playerbase so we always want everybody be able to participate and play with friends. The free part is features and content, the paid part is essentially, say, access to a new playable species with a bundle of stuff with it. The upcoming TV tie-ins aren’t DLCs that cost either. It’s all yours.

Where does it say 2013 on that? Oh? What's that? It doesn't? Oh well that's too bad, you almost had a credible link.

Typically, the meaning of "this year" (I highlighted it in red for you) would mean 2013, since the blog post by Richardsson was made, well, this year. Perhaps you're trying to give him an out? Perhaps claim he meant a year on Mars or Saturn. Try that one. :rolleyes:

I think if the Executive Producer says "this year", it means 5 DLC's before January 1, 2014. :P

Reichlyn
06-16-2013, 07:34 AM

I watched a video of an interview recently with one of the game designers and his EXACT words were "we will be releasing 5 DLCs before Season 2 starts.

baelrusk
06-16-2013, 07:37 AM
I watched a video of an interview recently with one of the game designers and his EXACT words were "we will be releasing 5 DLCs before Season 2 starts.

Then all that means is before season 2 of the TV show starts.
Technically, that pretty much gives them until right before the opening of the first episode of season 2.

Shada Mori
06-16-2013, 07:41 AM

If you mean the one with Nathan Richardsson from E3, his exact words actually were ""5 DLCs between season 1 and season 2" .. but close enough. Now thats almost a year time frame since Season one hasn't actually ended. It could likely be as late as mid summer next year if they even hit that target for all five.

Wraieth
06-16-2013, 07:45 AM

Wow what a surprise another back peddle. Went from 5 this year to 5 before april 2014..

And say what you want but a year runs from jan 1rst to dec 31rst ..Not april whenever to april when ever.

Its just like any other info they give its spun in a way to lead you into believeing something with just enough opening to weasel out of.

Trion ==Hey i know tell them that its this year so they will hang in there but make sure you leave a back door to escape from when we **** it up..

I realy liked this game and had realy high hopes for it. But after thier word peddling and decietfull way of doing buisness i am only here now because i wanna see how much worse i get ripped off with the season pass i bought at launch.

And it is realy to bad about the layoffs at trion...To bad it wasnt everyone in the freaking company would be alot better off just starting over.

sarbonn
06-16-2013, 07:46 AM
I think sometimes people try too hard to find reasons to complain. I gave them my money for the DLC, expecting that whenever it came out, it would come out. Instead, I'd rather they focus on the game. I gave them money for the DLC mainly because I wanted to support them and make sure they had revenue to keep this game going.

Having said that, I haven't signed in for a very long time. I got stuck on a mission (the Jack Eyed or whatever one it is). I have a problem with my hand that means I can never get through that particular mission (the full explanation is not important). If they ever make it so that others can help you in a mission like this (instead of forcing you to do a single player mission in a freaking MMO), then I'll be able to log back in and continue. But it hasn't happened, and I don't suspect they're ever going to care. Oh well. But if they did care and did fix it, I'd still be buying junk in their market to costume up my characters. Unfortunately, there's no reason to do so now as the game has somewhat halted for me.

But going back to what I said before, the DLC will come out when it comes out. If you're able to enjoy the game until it comes out, then that's great for you.

PeterPolaski
06-16-2013, 09:32 AM
How do you people find the post button through those tears?
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll2q53UvcU1qefjiy.gif

marshy
06-16-2013, 09:39 AM
[QUOTE=PeterPolaski;852996]How do you people find the post button through those tears?
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll2q53UvcU1qefjiy.gif[

This is your face in 2moths after defiance goes bump^

PeterPolaski
06-16-2013, 09:45 AM
[QUOTE=PeterPolaski;852996]How do you people find the post button through those tears?
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll2q53UvcU1qefjiy.gif[

This is your face in 2moths after defiance goes bump^
Sorry but mature adults don't cry over video games. We have more important things to worry about.

Go play somewhere, I'm busy.

Fancypants
06-16-2013, 09:47 AM
they better hurry up with these dlc packs... the next gen systems are around the corner... once they hit... I'm outta here... my *cough* Destiny awaits!!!They don't have to hurry... that's the point, lol.

You spent your money for DLC packs already right? (i'm guessing since you are telling them to 'hurry up')

That means you're a hostage. Whenever they finally release them all, you'll be back. You know why?

Because you hate to waste money like most people and Trion knows that. If you spent it, you'll be back on Day 1 (two months from now or w/e) and playing, because there will be no refunds. The servers will be full, fanboys will declare a 'victory' over trolls, and Trion will claim it's all a complete success regardless of how things end up three weeks after that.

They don't have to hurry. Even if the next gen systems are around the corner, if you've already pre-bought DLC, you will be back.

You and Trion:

http://awesome-doggies.businesscatalyst.com/Blog/Dog%20training%204.JPG

Guess which one is you?

marshy
06-16-2013, 09:47 AM
[QUOTE=PeterPolaski;

Sob sob all I here from you is cry cry cry there calling defiance again cry cry cry

RiotWolf
06-16-2013, 10:09 AM
Was hoping there'd be some real good useful information but sadly all I am seeing is whining. As for the money debate, well, that's why I haven't spent anything yet except to buy the game which I haven't been too impressed with. Alas, I think this one is going back to gamestop if they'll take the PS3 game back...

thejx4
06-16-2013, 06:42 PM
Where does it say 2013 on that? Oh? What's that? It doesn't? Oh well that's too bad, you almost had a credible link.

Humor me, what does "this year" mean to you? I even quoted the paragraph for you.
People these days....