PDA

View Full Version : quick question about the sting Ray bmg

JaygunJesile
06-15-2013, 05:50 PM
Was under the impression that stingrays always linked. I have an orange one that doesn't. I did mod it with a link range increase. Possible bug? Think it might be time to put in a ticket. Any thoughts?

Ensu
06-15-2013, 06:05 PM
I've heard other people mention their Stingrays not linking. I have no personal experience with them, sadly. Mark it up as a bug and send in a ticket.

SaneFail
06-15-2013, 06:07 PM
I had one I was using while I was leveling them up that didn't link no matter what I tried. I assumed it was a bug.

Sgt Baltimore
06-15-2013, 06:10 PM
I am currently using one and it is linking. I think it just may be a bug in your case.

mikeintheshell
06-15-2013, 06:29 PM
My purple stingray sometimes doesn't link but then if i burst fire it then it will link. And I believe the mobs have to be in range of you and not the mob themselves.

JaygunJesile
06-15-2013, 06:36 PM
Either attacking or healing it won't link. Thanks all for reassuring me that I didn't just pull the one that didn't link. Ticket time it is.

SirParadox
06-15-2013, 07:24 PM
I've picked up about 10 stringrays. Most of them from sieges, if thats a key. 75% of them won't link. One or two would link but only if I spammed attack a few times to prime it.

The two stringrays I've owned forever, that I got from non sieges, link just fine; even with mods.

Omnifarious Xji
06-15-2013, 07:59 PM
To get my BMGs to link, I have to sway my cross-hairs over multiple targets to get them to link properly, otherwise they won't link to adjacent targets.

Cortechs
06-15-2013, 11:46 PM
I bought the named Stingray from the VBI vendor, and it wouldn't link. Haven't had problems with other stingrays linking, other than having to attack twice to get them to link. You could go see if it has a stat the same as yours, which could indicate the problem.