PDA

View Full Version : Defiance EU, what's up with you players?

Surmav
06-16-2013, 03:09 AM
I've been playing defiance for 2 days now. I've never got accepted to group to play together, yet get invited. Feels like playing single player game, no one communicates, never seen single one talking in chat, every one are just doing their thing, no trading, no searching for group, nothing. Is it so only at EU servers or also at US?

MacDeath
06-16-2013, 04:44 AM
I've been playing defiance for 2 days now. I've never got accepted to group to play together, yet get invited. Feels like playing single player game, no one communicates, never seen single one talking in chat, every one are just doing their thing, no trading, no searching for group, nothing. Is it so only at EU servers or also at US?
This is a game that is very soloable. Thus players don't have to communicate with others. Maybe you would like to be in a guild? The guildies will chat with you.

Saminator
06-16-2013, 04:52 AM
We don't go in gamechat in fear of bumping into kinect mic abusers. Though I do talk in clan chat a lot and their's 800+ of us, so it's very social in that chat XD

Muffins
06-16-2013, 05:26 AM
It's like that in US. Find a guild, it's one of those games where you want a group to talk around with while playing anyway.

... Not that I've ever been in a guild since the game launched.

Saminator
06-16-2013, 05:27 AM
It's like that in US. Find a guild, it's one of those games where you want a group to talk around with while playing anyway.

... Not that I've ever been in a guild since the game launched.

Go get a guild...NOW!

Muffins
06-16-2013, 07:26 AM
Go get a guild...NOW!

B-B-But I don't want to hear a b-b-bunch of p-people complain about the game in v-v-v-v-voice chat t-too!! ;-;

Saminator
06-16-2013, 07:34 AM
B-B-But I don't want to hear a b-b-bunch of p-people complain about the game in v-v-v-v-voice chat t-too!! ;-;

Hmm? I don't, make a clan as in "get all your friends to join the same clan as you" so you can have ammusing conversartions :D

In mine, you swill hear "That's what she said" jokes like every 2 minutes lol.

Illythia
06-16-2013, 07:38 AM

It is really up to you with how you want the game to play out. People do trade and chat to other players. I am part of a clan, mainly because two of the people in the clan members are already my friends. So I suggest that if you have some friends that have the game to arrange to be on the same time. Then you won't be so alone :)

Surmav
06-16-2013, 07:54 AM
Hmm? I don't, make a clan as in "get all your friends to join the same clan as you" so you can have ammusing conversartions :D

In mine, you swill hear "That's what she said" jokes like every 2 minutes lol.

Is your guild at EU? I tried to search for your name but didn't find.

Saminator
06-16-2013, 07:58 AM
Is your guild at EU? I tried to search for your name but didn't find.

EU Xbox. That's because I'm offline, not back til monday :)

Surmav
06-16-2013, 08:03 AM
Xbox and PC players are playing together?

Saminator
06-16-2013, 08:15 AM
No =S are you pc?

TigrisMorte
06-16-2013, 07:57 PM
No =S are you pc?
Where as "Forum
Defiance Forums
General Discussion
General - PC
Defiance EU, what's up with you players?"
You might be on to something.

Wtflag
06-16-2013, 11:53 PM
Where as "Forum
Defiance Forums
General Discussion
General - PC
Defiance EU, what's up with you players?"
You might be on to something.

And the plot thickens...

WhiteCell
06-17-2013, 12:00 AM

Because the game was created for solo players. There isn't anything in the game that requires cooperative or team play. The game mechanics are simplistic bare minimum with zero depth or complexity leaving no valid discussion regarding anything with the game.

Check the forums out. Nothing of substance is ever discussed regarding game mechanics. On the contrary go to forums.riftgame.com and check out the multitude of guides and substantive discussion regarding a complex game.

Shada Mori
06-17-2013, 12:08 AM
I'm one of the forever guildless also. By choice of course. I'm not a big fan of 'rules' being imposed on my play time and the idea of officers. Feels a weee bit to much like a job.

WhiteCell
06-17-2013, 12:13 AM
I'm one of the forever guildless also. By choice of course. I'm not a big fan of 'rules' being imposed on my play time and the idea of officers. Feels a weee bit to much like a job.

Can you provide an example of anything in-game that would equate to that type of thing though? You can literally pub anything in this game with ease and there is never a progression requirement nor any serious time requirements to accomplish anything.

Seriously I want a single example of when a guild would ever be required to have players on to accomplish anything in Defiance. If you can provide one I might give you a cookie and some juice.

Shada Mori
06-17-2013, 12:27 AM
Can you provide an example of anything in-game that would equate to that type of thing though? You can literally pub anything in this game with ease and there is never a progression requirement nor any serious time requirements to accomplish anything.

Seriously I want a single example of when a guild would ever be required to have players on to accomplish anything in Defiance. If you can provide one I might give you a cookie and some juice.

How does any of that rambling relate to my post in any way? Explain that and I will then try to answer your question.

WhiteCell
06-17-2013, 12:31 AM
How does any of that rambling relate to my post in any way? Explain that and I will then try to answer your question.

Rambling?

Are you delusional? You literally just rambled on about clans and how you're too cool for school although literally none of that applies to anything found in Defiance. My question regarding you giving me a single example to support your absurd statement seems spot on. You aren't going to provide one though as is evident with your equally absurd response you did give.

List anything in Defiance that would equate to you rambling about clans like you did. ANYTHING.

Muffins
06-17-2013, 12:37 AM

For me it's more so that I figure I'm going to jump into a guild chat to find people complaining about the game (yet continue to play it) or are totally 'yeah bro totes like, bro, football, bro'

Shada Mori
06-17-2013, 12:42 AM
For me it's more so that I figure I'm going to jump into a guild chat to find people complaining about the game (yet continue to play it) or are totally 'yeah bro totes like, bro, football, bro'

Lol >.< Seriously.. get out of my head. I feel the exact same way. And I hate guilds that require voice chat, its not that I am against voice chat when its necessary, but been in to many guilds where it was just a bunch of people talking about completely unrelated crap, or their music tastes, or worse.. eating with a mic on.

Rambling?

Are you delusional? You literally just rambled on about clans and how you're too cool for school although literally none of that applies to anything found in Defiance. My question regarding you giving me a single example to support your absurd statement seems spot on. You aren't going to provide one though as is evident with your equally absurd response you did give.

List anything in Defiance that would equate to you rambling about clans like you did. ANYTHING.

ram·bling
/ˈramb(ə)liNG/
Adjective
(of writing or speech) Lengthy and confused or inconsequential.

My post... clear and fairly concise.. yours.. repeating yourself in an attempt to get your point across. Who was rambling again?

Did I say anything about it being Defiance specific? Actually it was referring to clans in general. Rules like "Must use voice chat" "Log in everyday" "Attend meetings and events" etc.. Stuff that actually as you say, has no baring or requirement what so ever on Defiance, yet pretty much all the clans I have looked at have them in the clans recruitment message. In short, I have no interest in meeting someone else's expectations in how I should play.

Muffins
06-17-2013, 12:47 AM
Lol >.< Seriously.. get out of my head. I feel the exact same way. And I hate guilds that require voice chat, its not that I am against voice chat when its necessary, but been in to many guilds where it was just a bunch of people talking about completely unrelated crap, or their music tastes, or worse.. eating with a mic on.

But we know it isn't like that, don't we? We just figure it's like that, but we're too paranoid or scared to take the risk when we're fine with playing on our own. Only were this a game where partying was a bit of a necessity would we overlook that!

Shada Mori
06-17-2013, 12:49 AM
But we know it isn't like that, don't we? We just figure it's like that, but we're too paranoid or scared to take the risk when we're fine with playing on our own. Only were this a game where partying was a bit of a necessity would we overlook that!

Well no, my hated of that is based off past experiences in other games, and you are right it might not be like that in THIS game.. but also as you say, why take the chance when I can play on my own.