PDA

View Full Version : Taking the plunge 2....

Kvenya
06-16-2013, 01:24 PM
Silly me....posted tis in the wrong spot...

Taking the plunge....
So, I've been playing for a month and a half (or so) and reading the fourms almost as long, and I *finally* got my @$$ out of my gaming chair and registered so I can chatter on with the rest of you.

First, a little background: I'm an old school gamer (anyone else remember *paying* to play pong) and I've played games in virtually every genre. I currently have an NES, a Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, an N64, 2 original Xboxes, and 2 PS3's, and I have a gold account on EverQuest (11 yrs enabled).

In my years behind the controller, I've seen a lot, both good and bad. Almost every game I've played has, at one time or another brought me both pleasure and pain.

Downed servers, lag, glitches, I've seen, and dealt with them all. Do they make me happy? Not at all. Can I deal with them? Absolutely.

I'll admit that there are some things in this game that are irritating, but none of them to the point that I can't cope with them.

Yes, I get hard freezes (rarely), and yes, I get dc's (more common), but most days, the driving experience alone is enough to keep me coming back. I've done absolutely *insane* things in vehicles.

Yes, this game has issues, but most of them do, but for me the positives far outweigh the negatives.

So, that being said, if you ever see me online (NA PST) feel free to friend invite me, and we'll go bust some raider heads. PSN = K_venya.

Buenos con queso,

T.J.

putemdown1x
06-16-2013, 04:26 PM
Yea I'm with you Atari 2600 days hey I'm PSN "kingandqueen69" or "thasprayer" would like to play with an old school gamer like me. Peace

METAL GRINDER
06-18-2013, 04:18 AM
:) It's rare to see gamers around my age. Most people my age can't fully work a cell phone. For some reason nobody remembers the Coleco console. Truly the first as I remember ( I am probably older than you). You could play tennis with two rectangles and a square ball. Took me a long time to buy it, working around the neighborhood.

Add me up to your list (East servers). I really enjoy this game. Any activity is good as long as there is action involve. I normally text chat, rarely I use a mic.

Yes I forgot to say:
I find this a really fun games despite the bugs. I had similar experiences with Battlefield, Brink, GT5 and I don’t want to talk about the first months on MAG.

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
06-18-2013, 09:49 AM
the Atari 2600, lol. that name came about in 1982m and everybody still refers to it by that moniker, but do you guys remember in 1977 when it was released as the Atari VCS? it sold for $200.00. so if you want to complain about modern consoles reaching 400-500, think about how much 200 was in 77!!!

yes, im old school too. not the best on any game I play, not the worst, but I been playing longer than most guys online have been living nowadays.

Genocide Kommando
06-18-2013, 09:55 AM
Too bad you guys are on the NA server. I'm 42 years old and i've been playing video games since i was 8.

boroboy18
06-18-2013, 01:22 PM
I'm on the eu server and am 48 years old been playing since pong when I was about 11 have previously owned 2 atari 2600s, commodore 64, commodore amiga, sega mega drive, sega megacd, sega saturn, sega dreamcast, n64, sega game gear, 2 ps2's, 3 ps3s and pre-ordered ps4. My mate used to have a colecovision with the first donkey kong game. Had defianve since launch day and am playing up to 6 hours a day and still loving it,