PDA

View Full Version : Question about Northstar Flares

azidahaka
06-16-2013, 02:04 PM
Do the individual shots fired by the Flare count as explosive? I mean will perks that positively effect explosions and explosive damage work with the Flare?

Ensu
06-16-2013, 02:24 PM
Mad Bomber (30% extra damage per enemy struck by the blast) definitely works. I haven't tested any other explosive perks with my Flares.

ncanning
06-16-2013, 02:34 PM
FYI, Increased mag size does not help with the long load speed on this weapon. I know it's not totally related, but nice to know...

Havix
06-16-2013, 02:35 PM
The flare gun is pretty fun in sieges..slap a +12 to mag and have a good nano = good times

Saravind
06-16-2013, 02:38 PM
they wipe nim all over the floor like a mop

Shada Mori
06-16-2013, 03:40 PM
The flare gun is pretty fun in sieges..slap a +12 to mag and have a good nano = good times

How are you pulling off +12 rounds in a 1 round weapon when pistol clips are a fraction modifier?

Havix
06-16-2013, 03:43 PM
It's the extended mag mod for pistols..the level 3 blue mod

Shada Mori
06-16-2013, 03:44 PM
It's the extended mag mod for pistols..the level 3 blue mod

Hrmm, I must be thinking of the AR then.

KjcKiesh
06-16-2013, 05:10 PM
yea you can have extra mag in a 1 shot weapon, cause i got a Green Northstar flare with Syphon that has a +4 mag without mods, which is interesting to use (if I fire at the ground next to me, sometimes i take damage and are then healed, due to syphoning myself...)

JaygunJesile
06-16-2013, 05:35 PM
yea you can have extra mag in a 1 shot weapon, cause i got a Green Northstar flare with Syphon that has a +4 mag without mods, which is interesting to use (if I fire at the ground next to me, sometimes i take damage and are then healed, due to syphoning myself...)

Would make for a really awkward moment if you were trying to kill yourself.

Saravind
06-16-2013, 05:50 PM
can actually level bmgs with northstar self dmg.....

crasher
06-17-2013, 11:46 AM
Mad Bomber (30% extra damage per enemy struck by the blast) definitely works. I haven't tested any other explosive perks with my Flares.
Mad Bomber is 30% 'nade and 15% mag reload does, nothing at all for me, even on repeated crowd kills and multiple chain kills with the same flare. I think you mean 'Deadly Cascade', which I'm trying now on your suggestion, thanks.

Syphon Northstar works a treat though.

OTOH - I've taken down DM roadblocks alone with just the flare, and hulkers are fun solo. :)

Cavadus
06-17-2013, 12:06 PM
I've got a purple flare with syphon nano and +4 mag. With the magazine mod I get 17 shots per magazine.

It's awesome.

TravelerX1
06-17-2013, 12:11 PM
The Flare pistol is a frigging BEAST!
I love one shot killing things, setting things on fire, and on occasion setting myself on fire.....
Any Flare with nano, mag bonus, and/or an open mag slot.... Keep it.

I have an Orange one with Elec Nano and a +8 Mag Bonus. Once I open the mag slot, it will have a magazine of 21 rounds........

That is ALOT of killin between reloading.

Atticus Batman
06-17-2013, 12:22 PM
The Flare pistol is a frigging BEAST!
I love one shot killing things, setting things on fire, and on occasion setting myself on fire.....
Any Flare with nano, mag bonus, and/or an open mag slot.... Keep it.

I have an Orange one with Elec Nano and a +8 Mag Bonus. Once I open the mag slot, it will have a magazine of 21 rounds........

That is ALOT of killin between reloading.

now if that also had quartermaster synergy and you managed to get the mods you want with that synergy that would be king beast, since you'd have a faster reload as well.

thejx4
06-17-2013, 12:25 PM

Isn't that Deadly Cascade? lol