PDA

View Full Version : You can't be serious.....

vagrant1
06-16-2013, 08:19 PM
Seriously??? Remove the only new thing added to the game since launch (the 5 min. episode missions don't count), and one that was actually fun and relatively (for this game anyways) glitch free. That's probably it for me then. Not only are the launch day bugs not being dealt with properly and the dlc being constantly being pushed back now you remove content. This was my first and LAST game made by trion as they have effectively destroyed any trust I had in them being able to manage a quality game.

Ensu
06-16-2013, 08:43 PM
Here's a question. Did you enjoy the sieges?

If yes, then that's great. I wonder what they'll add next.

Shada Mori
06-16-2013, 08:48 PM
RAAAaaaAAAAAAaaaaaAGGGEE!

They are only being removed for a few weeks, then we get whole new ones. To me thats an interesting draw to Defiance.. the actually changing content. Not just crap being piled apon more crap. Makes the game actually feel more alive to me than a game with 30 zones that are only novel for the first play through.. then they are just another place you have to run through to get to somewhere else.

Yorg
06-16-2013, 08:57 PM
Oh noes... how will I level my weapons now? Back to farming forges.

Dooks
06-16-2013, 09:00 PM
Wait, what are they removing? Sieges?

Opus
06-16-2013, 09:04 PM
Oh noes... how will I level my weapons now? Back to farming forges.

:le sigh:

I guess I'll be seeing you in Scrapworks then. Pretty sure I have the entire layout completely memorized at this point.

Orbital
06-16-2013, 09:06 PM
Bring on the Volge already! Them afflicted zombies were a pushover.

Pyth
06-16-2013, 09:08 PM
This is a good thing.

Because other developers can look at what Trion is doing and know what NOT to do in a game.

JxSiN
06-16-2013, 09:11 PM
Am I missing something here? What have they removed that the OP is complaining about? I've seen a lot of new things added since launch. Hellbugs with nano effects, sieges, the plague (hopefully that will be gone soon), mods, etc. The only thing I've seen changing is content linked with the show (the Nolan episode missions, Rynn's missions, etc) and they bring those back from time to time so people who didn't play then can do them.

So what exactly is this great thing they removed that destroyed the game for you?

Nefarious
06-16-2013, 09:22 PM
The game is in a time line.

The Infected had to be wiped out sometime. We round them up and shot them dead.

I just wish they made a bigger impact while here.

JxSiN
06-16-2013, 09:34 PM
The game is in a time line.

The Infected had to be wiped out sometime. We round them up and shot them dead.

I just wish they made a bigger impact while here.

Is he talking about the infected? I just did a couple of infected emergencies. They are still in game for me. However, I will be singing and dancing and partying like a Wildman when they finally take that out. If I wanted zombies, I would go play the walking dead. The only good thing about them was that they introduced sieges.

Sieges are here now, buh-bye stupid afflicted. Hopefully I can drink enough tequila to erase even the slightest memory of that crap. Not everyone is a zombie fan, and zombies shouldn't be forced upon every single thing. I swear if I see one jekking zombie on tomorrow's episode, my controller is going through the TV.

In case you missed it the first time I said it I will reiterate: I hate zombies. The afflicted came, we cured, good riddance.

Nefarious
06-16-2013, 09:45 PM
From what I gather its the Sieges for the time being. Those were the Helms Deep battles against them.

We dwindled them down to petty road side emergencies now.

lol idk

JxSiN
06-16-2013, 09:50 PM
I want sieges to stay. Hopefully with the Volge sieges, they won't put so many volge in at once (especially since the volge can actually fight back and not run at you like a methed-out ******). Looking at the preview videos of volge sieges, it looks pretty nice! Especially with that new % protected thing. Still can't figure out what that is.

Omnifarious Xji
06-16-2013, 09:52 PM
Is he talking about the infected? I just did a couple of infected emergencies. They are still in game for me. However, I will be singing and dancing and partying like a Wildman when they finally take that out. If I wanted zombies, I would go play the walking dead. The only good thing about them was that they introduced sieges.

Sieges are here now, buh-bye stupid afflicted. Hopefully I can drink enough tequila to erase even the slightest memory of that crap. Not everyone is a zombie fan, and zombies shouldn't be forced upon every single thing. I swear if I see one jekking zombie on tomorrow's episode, my controller is going through the TV.

In case you missed it the first time I said it I will reiterate: I hate zombies. The afflicted came, we cured, good riddance.
Sieges, sieges were removed.

JxSiN
06-16-2013, 09:56 PM
Sieges, sieges were removed.

When? I saw two up earlier tonight. So was it in the past few hours?

JxSiN
06-16-2013, 10:57 PM
Oh, they are being removed Monday. Usually when people talk in past tense they are referring to something that has already happened.

Sanguinesun
06-17-2013, 12:39 AM
They've been saying the -current- sieges were going to be removed come monday for a long while now but the siege mechanic will come back in the form of the volge etc in the future. I dunno why this is all a suprise to some folks now unless they just dont pay attention to the 3 times a week trion shows, the twitters, the forums, etc etc etc(this is a trans media project afterall).

stray152
06-17-2013, 02:24 AM
Bring on the Volge already! Them afflicted zombies were a pushover.

Toughest f$(*ing zombies i've ever fought in a game... 8 shotgun blasts to the face???

Epyon
06-17-2013, 05:20 AM
Toughest f$(*ing zombies i've ever fought in a game... 8 shotgun blasts to the face???

More like weakest shotguns. Thank the QQers.

dominad
06-17-2013, 05:58 AM
Why all these siege posts when they are not gone??

TravelerX1
06-17-2013, 06:07 AM
More like weakest shotguns. Thank the QQers.

F the QQ'ers..... I want shotties buffed back up damnit. Trion nerfed them way too hard.

TravelerX1
06-17-2013, 06:08 AM

This is the Defiance forum.... people complain BEFORE stuff happens. They get Proactive with the whine and cheese.

melkathi
06-17-2013, 06:13 AM

Time zones.
For us europeans its halfway through Monday already. We live in the future you know ;) And as Monday is a workday, even if they are only actually removed US Monday, they practically are out of our gaming experience already.
Or soemthing like that...
*shrug*
I got a monthly event in Anno 2070 to complete anyway.

Zabuza
06-17-2013, 06:13 AM
If I wanted zombies, I would go play the walking dead.

Try BOps2: Zombies, it is a Hardcore Survival Endurance FPS RPG (right now I have to take a long break it is killing my left thumb from running so much).
It is very fun when you get a group of people who all work together.
But when your group dies, it is like diablo 2 hardcore where you just straight up die, no saving game or round.
Tip: If you join a game with a child, don't expect to get very far. They don't know what teamwork is.

EDIT: On a side note. Anyone know of a ps3 controller I can buy that has a softer press for L3/R3?
Ever since they switch L3 to run in FPS my thumb been getting over worked. I tried switch my run button, but it is a hard switch to get used to.

The amount of force required to press L3/R3 is the issue, if it was a softer press, it would not effect me this way.

vagrant1
06-17-2013, 06:43 AM
Just because the infected are gone is no reason to remove the sieges. They could have rolled them over to raiders, 99ers etc. and changed the cure stations to arkfall rocks or something. Sorry if I don't trust them to bring it back sometime in the "future" because the only thing they do in a timely manner is remove things from the game or if it adversely affects the store. As for not seeing this on twitter or something else all I can say is I was playing the game instead of reading about it. Removing content is always a bad move imo.

baelrusk
06-17-2013, 06:46 AM
Just because the infected are gone is no reason to remove the sieges. They could have rolled them over to raiders, 99ers etc. and changed the cure stations to arkfall rocks or something. Sorry if I don't trust them to bring it back sometime in the "future" because the only thing they do in a timely manner is remove things from the game or if it adversely affects the store. As for not seeing this on twitter or something else all I can say is I was playing the game instead of reading about it. Removing content is always a bad move imo.

That would require.......I don't know........serious effort maybe?

MJGoodbarr
06-17-2013, 06:48 AM
Did John McEnroe start this thread?

Indra Echo
06-17-2013, 06:51 AM
RAAAaaaAAAAAAaaaaaAGGGEE!

They are only being removed for a few weeks, then we get whole new ones. To me thats an interesting draw to Defiance.. the actually changing content. Not just crap being piled apon more crap. Makes the game actually feel more alive to me than a game with 30 zones that are only novel for the first play through.. then they are just another place you have to run through to get to somewhere else.

Yes, that's my understanding too-and that sieges will involve different foes. I like the changing aspects of the game. I mean honestly at some point Trion has to make the decisions because here you have the OP that wants things to stay the same and other players saying there's not enough variety. It seems that as we go along we are to constantly meet new enemies so that the pool of foes is a big pool. Just like in the base game where you started out with mutants and bugs, got to raiders, 99ers, bigger bugs, Dark Matter, and so on. And then Afflicted mobs. Go with the flow.

MJGoodbarr
06-17-2013, 06:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekQ_Ja02gTY

Reverend Blood
06-17-2013, 07:04 AM
https://i.canvasugc.com/ugc/original/e160080356b7ce36b200c7f34020b1df23e41419.png

Indra Echo
06-17-2013, 07:12 AM

In games there are finite resources (the ability of any platform to handle variety) that the devs have to work within. It's why content is rotated in and out (and pay attention, they do this with a lot of stuff they introduce into the game). Episodic content is very likely to come and go and return. Challenges do too.

They have said that there will be more sieges to come. Explain exactly how it benefits them to not bring them back? And realize they have to continue to develop them as well to include other foes.

If you think they only do things that help the store and they fix nothing else, then you're being unfair. That's BS. If you're referring to fixing the duplicate items bug than you don't understand how big of a problem that could have become and how it could actually have ruined everyone's game. If they had not fixed that right away it could have resulted in infinite item duplication because of how fast it would have duplicated, exponentially. Say you started out with 1 item in your claim section, then 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096, 8192, 16384, 32768, and so on-and that could happen in a matter of minutes-now consider that happened to 10,000 players. First off, think there's lag now-well, I think that would totally clog the servers. And then if someone had gotten 33000 items to claim, they'd have a lot of resources (scrip or salvage) to use in the game, for buying weapons from players and so on.

The other problem was that in order to take care of the problem they had to take the servers offline before it got too far out of control and to stop players from advancing in their games. They did this because in order to get rid of all the duplicate stuff they had to rollback characters to before the duplicating started. If they'd left the servers online, duplication would continue and players that were just playing the game would be getting more things and would be pissed when the servers were rolled back. Imagine if they'd left the servers up and you got an orange SAW with Assassin synergy and they roll back to before you got that SAW. Yeah, that would make you happy. They had to do this rollback instead of trying to go to each player's character and individually removing duplicated items-if they'd tried to do that the servers would probably still be offline.

As far as removing episodic content or any content, they do that to free up resources. As it is, they don't often have sieges and major arkfalls take place at the same time in the same phase. And with new stuff coming up, perhaps even bigger maps, new foes, and so on, people will have more things to focus on than sieges. And new sieges will have to have some basis, story reason for existing.

Indra Echo
06-17-2013, 07:16 AM
This is the Defiance forum.... people complain BEFORE stuff happens. They get Proactive with the whine and cheese.

It's kind of like calling into work sick because you are pre-sick.

dominad
06-17-2013, 07:59 AM
Time zones.
For us europeans its halfway through Monday already. We live in the future you know ;) And as Monday is a workday, even if they are only actually removed US Monday, they practically are out of our gaming experience already.
Or soemthing like that...
*shrug*
I got a monthly event in Anno 2070 to complete anyway.

They are still there :P
I do understand the concept of time zones. Does anyone have a link to this big announcement?

melkathi
06-17-2013, 08:16 AM
They are still there :P
I do understand the concept of time zones. Does anyone have a link to this big announcement?

I have no idea what announcement people are talking about. I am a firm believer of ignoring announcements and going on with life as if nothing changed. Especially with online gaming it works quite well: "The servers are down for maintenance? But I can see they are up." or "Event has ended? Nobody told me, so I just continue playing it." ;)

rhmckendree
06-17-2013, 08:19 AM
be carefull what you ask for

JxSiN
06-17-2013, 01:10 PM
Try BOps2: Zombies, it is a Hardcore Survival Endurance FPS RPG.

I hate zombies. Like seriously hate them. I think they are the dumbest thing ever. While there have been twists on zombies that I have thoroughly enjoyed (like in the movie: Wicked Little Things). Of all the CoD games that have zombie modes.... I have never played a single one of the zombie modes. I didn't buy them for stupid zombies.

PS: Don't get offended if you love zombies and I hate them. My wife loves zombies, she is a make-up artist who does all that special effects make-up for zombie crawls and runs and what-not. How many have I been to with her? ZERO!

brandileigh
06-17-2013, 01:56 PM
Why would they remove the sieges? Why didn't they make it clear this would be at temporary thing, all I ever remember from that one thing is that the zombies wouldn't always be there. If it was zombie related it should have been annouced as this cool limited time thing.

I actaully liked those :(

barium
06-17-2013, 01:59 PM
i wanted the cd removed but not the whole damn thing :(
/SIGH

edit: coulda had them break out all over the damn place like zone invasions in rift

Fancypants
06-17-2013, 02:05 PM
Rational side: Trion's thinking is that Sieges are a 'special event'. People show up for special events.

If you run the 'special event' every day, then they don't become special. If they take it away from you when you are just getting used to the new fun, you'll want it all the more when they bring it back.

Paranoid side: Trion will bring Sieges back with a tiny bit of cash shop/cosmetic changes etc.. that they will count as 'DLC' and since they only have to change one or two things with the Siege, you'll never know the difference that you actually got the same DLC twice pretty much.

Tzar of kaos
06-17-2013, 02:05 PM
Seriously??? Remove the only new thing added to the game since launch (the 5 min. episode missions don't count), and one that was actually fun and relatively (for this game anyways) glitch free. That's probably it for me then. Not only are the launch day bugs not being dealt with properly and the dlc being constantly being pushed back now you remove content. This was my first and LAST game made by trion as they have effectively destroyed any trust I had in them being able to manage a quality game.

You never read official posts...For the people who read them,we already knew that the siege mode will be remove and be back later on...Not Trion fault if you don't follow the news...

Odessa
06-17-2013, 02:06 PM
I have to agree with loving the current Sieges. It's a lot more fun than Arkfalls (only a handful of knuckleheads tried using their cars) and the weapon leveling has been a welcome relief to Scrapworks runs. I was hoping it would be on for another week since the Afflicted are easier to get through so I could try working on the painful weapons... like pistols and sawed offs.

I'd dread a Raider Siege. That many SMGs would not end well... for me. I look forward to seeing the next enemy.

Hope499
06-17-2013, 02:13 PM
Ya same, I love zombies, and siges were fun as hell.

Everything always got dropped for a siege...that sux :(

Ensu
06-17-2013, 02:15 PM
I'd dread a Raider Siege. That many SMGs would not end well... for me. I look forward to seeing the next enemy.

I'd love to have a reason to actually use my Vot Spanner Protectors.

Opus
06-17-2013, 02:27 PM
Sieges helped fill a hole for a lot of people. They were not overly plentiful, they were not long, but they were fun and they came in four flavors at four locations. And unlike ark falls, you could level up weapons and your amount of participation directly tied in to the XP and loot you received.

I understand they'll be back and it's only temporary. But it would have been really, really nice to have had them around until the first DLC. I'm the kind of person who'll spend 5 hours doing nothing but finding holes along the yellow borders and exploring, or even just vendor hopping, driving around, etc. But even I'm quickly running out of things I want to do. And as someone else mentioned earlier, a month is quite a long time for some of us.

Fancypants
06-17-2013, 02:33 PM
But it would have been really, really nice to have had them around until the first DLC. I'm the kind of person who'll spend 5 hours doing nothing but finding holes along the yellow borders and exploring, or even just vendor hopping, driving around, etc. But even I'm quickly running out of things I want to do. And as someone else mentioned earlier, a month is quite a long time for some of us.When they bring it back with the next DLC pack, you'll make time in that month, which is why Trion did it.

They know just about everyone enjoyed it and won't complain that it's 'the same old thing'.

Odessa
06-17-2013, 02:34 PM
I'd love to have a reason to actually use my Vot Spanner Protectors.

Ha! I am one of the official healers at arkfalls for that very reason. I can't imagine trying to see enemies through all the blue streams. Luckily my BMG is almost at 20 (I need to heal... a LOT).

Sieges helped fill a hole for a lot of people. They were not overly plentiful, they were not long, but they were fun and they came in four flavors at four locations. And unlike ark falls, you could level up weapons and your amount of participation directly tied in to the XP and loot you received.

I understand they'll be back and it's only temporary. But it would have been really, really nice to have had them around until the first DLC. I'm the kind of person who'll spend 5 hours doing nothing but finding holes along the yellow borders and exploring, or even just vendor hopping, driving around, etc. But even I'm quickly running out of things I want to do. And as someone else mentioned earlier, a month is quite a long time for some of us.

My friends and I are the same way. Hopping through worlds for Sieges and stopping everything when one pops up. I dread being close to the Diablo one. The lag there is horrendous. I also enjoyed the freqency of the afflicted emergencies. They are by far the best way to level a weapon for me. As long as I'm out of melee reach and dodge a spitter here and there it's all good.

KillAlot V2
06-17-2013, 04:53 PM

agreed you hit the nail on the head with this thread so why dont we put our hands together for trion
who have just uber failed yet again theyre on a massive win streak with pushing players away from the game lately the games been dead no one plays it there was some people came back with seiges but now its absolutly dead again even though they added a whole 5mins worth of content today
it took longer for me to wait on the second part starting after i completed the first than the time it took me to complete the content what a joke and now were having to wait till the end of next month for the dlc that the game badly badly needs great job trion
by next month when the dlc drops people will be like defiance whats that

ralisti
06-17-2013, 05:46 PM
One of the things that is irritating me to no end is that the content in the PC version is being limited by the dismal hardware in the consoles. If I wanted to deal with such limitations, I would have bought the game for my console.

It is like buying a Porsche only to find out it has a 4 cylinder engine because that is all the VW Bug could hold...and they do not want to make TWO engines.

Seriously, I can understand the unilateral conditions on the consoles. They are not that much different in hardware, but quit skimping on the PC stuff.

Mladenov
06-17-2013, 05:49 PM
...and they do not want to make TWO engines.

And you know, console players will cry a lot when they see difference between consoles and pc.
And yet again unhappy customers.

ralisti
06-17-2013, 06:52 PM
And you know, console players will cry a lot when they see difference between consoles and pc.
And yet again unhappy customers.

They can not cry they are limited by the platform they choose to run. Well, they can cry but it is not Trion's fault at least

Xanirus
06-18-2013, 01:14 AM
One of the things that is irritating me to no end is that the content in the PC version is being limited by the dismal hardware in the consoles. If I wanted to deal with such limitations, I would have bought the game for my console.

I think you mean the game's UI, graphics, and functionality, not "content."

ralisti
06-18-2013, 05:20 AM
I think you mean the game's UI, graphics, and functionality, not "content."

The content is also limited by the hardware, such as drive space, available RAM, etc.