PDA

View Full Version : Across the Badlands #10 - Got questions? Ask them here!

Morgana
06-17-2013, 02:06 PM
Hi guys!

Episode 10 of Across the Badlands goes live tonight, and Overload & Dahanese want your questions about Defiance!

Please try to stick to one question per post, or be okay with only one of those questions being answered. I'll pick a handful, and we'll get the answers from the powers that be.

~ Morgana

===================

Missed Across the Badlands Episode #10? Check it out here!
(http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/c/2441125)

Here are the answers from the Q&A!

1. So, when's the winner of Most Wanted going to be announced?

We will have an official announcement this week on the winner of Most Wanted! Stay tuned.

2. With the temporary removal of sieges, we're back to "vanilla" gameplay activities. Will the activities introduced in the first DLC be permanent additions to the game?

Everything that is attached to DLC is permanent within the game world! Including Sieges again-- with the Volge! But also note: Plague Sieges and all other TV tie-ins will come back to the game via our Rewind events in the future!

3. We already know that we will fight against Volgers during siege mode.Will you add some siege mode against "old" enemies like; mutants, 99ers, raiders, etc...?

We plan to continue to release new game modes and varients of game modes that already exist down the road. Stay tuned for Dark Matter Arkfalls.

4. Are we gonna have to buy the change everything for your character every time you wanna change or is it a one time deal? Thanks.

If you purchase the DLC, you will get a 1 time option to swap anyone of your characters to a Castithan! After that, you will need to purchase a race change.

Era
06-17-2013, 02:08 PM
Who the shtako won the last 2 challenge hours? We're going on week 3 for one and it was supposed to be revealed within the week.

Wuffletronics
06-17-2013, 02:08 PM
Trion, when do you plan to fix the game before releasing new content? And I mean a huge patch to fix the game breaking bugs and glitches, not just immediately needed fixing otherwise game was unplayable at all.

Era
06-17-2013, 02:10 PM
Wuffles, they've done 2 major patches already...

Edit: I've got a crossover related one. Why are we helping Nolan? Varus has screwed us a few times, but not as bad as that piece of shtako.

Wuffletronics
06-17-2013, 02:11 PM
Yeah, but they just caused more issues...

Not to mention Freight Yard is a hot mess, Shadow Wars gets messed up by non-participants, and so on.

Also, for the PVE side, the disappearing vendors, the social menus, items and values just disappearing, queuing for co-op matches and being booted then going back to said co-op match causes issues as you still technically count as being in the first one, tagging emergencies and doing nothing but run over some mobs leaving someone else to do clean up, Pistols aiming slightly to the left of the center of the crosshair so gotta aim to the right of the dude's head to get a headshot, sniper rifles doing 0 damage on headshot, and so on.

Omnifarious Xji
06-17-2013, 02:12 PM
So, when's the winner of Most Wanted going to be announced?

Era
06-17-2013, 02:17 PM
Were any of the Votan Ancient Aliens? Because I think some of the Votan were Ancient Aliens.

http://www.paranormalpeopleonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/19cb52_ancient-aliens.jpg

Arsenic_Touch
06-17-2013, 02:19 PM
One of the patches opened up more map to the north to north west. With the upcoming DLC, will we be able to access that section of the map that was opened up? or will the new "content" be contained in the current world? if it is contained in the current world, when will that part of the map you extended be available to us?

If you can't answer that.

What exactly is this "chat system that feels like an mmo" actually going to entail? answering this question without being vague would go a long way to squelch some of the issues with how antisocial this game is.

Era
06-17-2013, 02:19 PM
How do independent city states form given that territories in NA seem to all be E-REP owned?

Conrad Verner
06-17-2013, 02:20 PM
What exactly do stalker mods do in regards to range? Noone has been able to answer this so the community would appreciate a dev response. Thanks!

Wuffletronics
06-17-2013, 02:21 PM
Will you do another Free-To-Play weekend? It did (from my understanding) give a huge boost to the community for a short duration. Hell, I joined because I tried Defiance on the free weekend.

Era
06-17-2013, 02:23 PM
Are bounties by private citizens like Varus outside the law or is there some provision set up for bounty hunters getting their actions signed off on by local authorities?

Odessa
06-17-2013, 02:26 PM
I have a question about this Q&A before my newest submission. I had my question answered last week, but the answer didn't touch on my direct question. Do the people who answer these understand the game play (not being sarcastic, just confused by answer)?

My question was specifically about arkfalls and which ones you can level your weapon on. The answer was a very basic how to level your weapon in game. Again, not being sarcastic or snotty, just expected an answer closer to what I asked.

For this time's question: What wild life can we find while roaming about the Badlands? I've found squirrels (absolutely adorable) and was wondering if there were any other animals roaming about.

Agustus Griffin
06-17-2013, 02:30 PM
With the upcoming release of the Castathan class, will we also be seeing a Sensoth player class or for that matter, any of the other Votan races? (Barring Irathient which we already have.)

Additionally, will there ever be a player attainable "house" or base of ops where we can store excess inventory and generally hang out inbetween missions?

kev2841
06-17-2013, 02:37 PM
Will we ever get to see all 7 Votan races in the game/show?

Gradius
06-17-2013, 02:38 PM
With the temporary removal of sieges, we're back to "vanilla" gameplay activities. Will the activities introduced in the first DLC be permanent additions to the game?

BreadBox
06-17-2013, 02:39 PM
Will we ever see Rynn again? You don't have to give me a straight answer, but I'd like to know. She's an interesting character and I just need a clue. lol

Era
06-17-2013, 02:41 PM
How did Rynn get to Paradise/How was she going to get back to Defiance?

Alternatively, what the shtako was Nolan doing on the E-Rep Stratocarrier/How did he get on in the first place?

Basically I want to know more about cross country travel.

Will we ever see Rynn again? You don't have to give me a straight answer, but I'd like to know. She's an interesting character and I just need a clue. lol

Have you played today's new content?

BJWyler
06-17-2013, 02:42 PM
So where can I get a Hellbug hat - and I don't mean in game (I already have it), but to wear out and about in the real world? I need some Defiance branded stuff to wear when I leave the house!!

Ensu
06-17-2013, 02:42 PM
Will we be able to get to Sulos, the Votanis Collective colony in Brazil, ingame?

Escyos mentions some information he was given regarding the colony appearing in the final episode of season 1. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?73698-Sulos)

Era
06-17-2013, 02:45 PM
Will folks that win free copies of the game in challenge hours for folks have those count toward the recruit a friend bonuses?

Hellthrive
06-17-2013, 02:47 PM
I don't know if this has been answered yet but I haven't been able to find it yet: will defiance be released for the ps4 and xbox one when they come out?

Tzar of kaos
06-17-2013, 02:55 PM
We already know that we will fight against Volgers during siege mode.Will you add some siege mode against "old" enemies like; mutants,99ers,raiders,ect...?

Midori Oku
06-17-2013, 03:02 PM
Will we ever have the option to play co-op maps solo, or in a small group (less than four) of friends? It would be nice to be able to solo/duo co-op missions, and not have to play with randoms if we don't have four people.

Balan
06-17-2013, 03:03 PM
When can we expect the release of the first DLC?

JBoneFX
06-17-2013, 03:05 PM
Is it possible to get some kind of map-wide Arkfall detection device? A radio message or maybe a layover message on the screen?

The map shows us when one has already landed, but if the map screen is already up, it does not dynamically update so we have to close and re-open it to refresh it. I believe this is something players like me would pay bits for.

EGO: I've detected a recent Arkfall in Madera, let's go earn some script!

Arsenic_Touch
06-17-2013, 03:06 PM
When can we expect the release of the first DLC?

They already gave an answer for this, Late July.

jbob spittlewop
06-17-2013, 03:37 PM
Are you planning on introducing smaller vehicles into the game, such as motorcycles?

Majin Trunks
06-17-2013, 03:38 PM
Will the new vehicles we will be getting with the first DLC count as a cerberus when it comes to completing challenges? As it is, it's a pain to try and level up a Cerberus vehicle because it's not so easy to access one whenever you want from the PVP maps like the others are in PVE.

Mladenov
06-17-2013, 03:43 PM
I want to ask, will we have small combat units in any of DLC's which are planned?
Like the flying hover scrappers, or something similar to repair drones of 99-thers?

Era
06-17-2013, 03:49 PM
Are you planning on introducing smaller vehicles into the game, such as motorcycles?

I think you mean, such as jet skis.

Nefarious
06-17-2013, 03:54 PM
Are there going to be other melee type weapons to come other then the charge blades? Clubs, axes, cleavers?

Nefarious
06-17-2013, 03:55 PM

Hell yeah. Lets get some Water World up in here!

Spiritdrake
06-17-2013, 04:21 PM
Are you planning on releasing a "lite" version of Defiance like you guys have for Rift?

Shadow Andreas
06-17-2013, 04:22 PM
Why is the episodic content released before the episode.....at very least shouldn't it go live after the episode airs so that everything flows?

Yun
06-17-2013, 04:28 PM
Any chances of us getting other ways to earn Echelon reputation other than PvP? It makes the EGO V or VI pursuit almost impossible for those of us who aren't any good at PvP.

Envy
06-17-2013, 04:31 PM
How Many Licks Does It Take To Get To The Tootsie Roll Center of a Tootsie Pop???

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz5jk93m5o1rn7wiio1_500.jpg

Ps. When you going to fix PvP?

J_matt
06-17-2013, 04:33 PM
Will there be any new costumes (not including reskinned versions) coming to the defiance store in the coming future???

jbob spittlewop
06-17-2013, 04:36 PM

Meh I'll swim, still waiting for my hog! :)

Era
06-17-2013, 04:40 PM
How Many Licks Does It Take To Get To The Tootsie Roll Center of a Tootsie Pop???

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz5jk93m5o1rn7wiio1_500.jpg

~247 licks.

HempDeLeon
06-17-2013, 04:40 PM
Are we gonna have to buy the change everything for your character every time you wanna change or is it a one time deal? Thanks.

angryglock
06-17-2013, 04:49 PM
Why do the rep vendors give out random mods that don't go with any weapon they sell and since they are the only source of that type of synergy weapon the mods are basically useless and cost many many hours of rep grinding?

Era
06-17-2013, 04:53 PM
Will buyers of the DLC be able to change their character to Casti for free or will it be for a fee?

HempDeLeon
06-17-2013, 04:56 PM
Will buyers of the DLC be able to change their character to Casti for free or will it be for a fee?

They said that the buyers of the DLC will be able to change their character to a casti for free

Arsenic_Touch
06-17-2013, 05:00 PM
They said that the buyers of the DLC will be able to change their character to a casti for free

Actually,they said you'd be able to change it, not that it was free.

Era
06-17-2013, 05:03 PM
Actually,they said you'd be able to change it, not that it was free.

This. They said character changing in the cash shop would come to Defiance and DLC players will be able to create new Casti characters or change existing characters to Casti. Obviously the create new Casti characters will be free, but they never said your first change to Casti would be free or whether you would have to do it through the character change option in the cash shop.

Shtako, they still owe us 1 free character recreation for screwing over early players with that creation screen that had most people skip most of the customization options, I'm gonna be pissed if we never see that AND I have to shell out to get the DLC and a 2nd time to play it with my existing character (allegedly Castithans get a different story campaign to a degree).

Sliverbaer
06-17-2013, 05:19 PM
When will screenshot functionality be added to consoles?

(In-Game screenshot functionality was added to the PS3 back in 2008 for FW v2.50. DCUO has its own built-in screenshot function.)

squidgod2000
06-17-2013, 05:34 PM
Is Nolan bi-polar?

Because his personality on the show is all over the place. Probably one of the worst characters.

KeevanSixx
06-17-2013, 05:37 PM
What can we expect to look forward to in the next couple of weeks as far as updates, patches, fixes, or new content?

(Can we get greg to NOT wear a sweater ever again? no love for da sweater man.....sorry dude, those sweaters make you look like a creepy Mr. Rogers)

METALPUNKS
06-17-2013, 05:43 PM
Please Please tell me thks. Im a huge supporter of you guys. Id like to know what you think of defiance on the next gen console. Is it a no? Or maybe? Or no answer at this time? Thanks for any answers.

JagerMyk
06-17-2013, 05:44 PM
Ok so not sure what everyone already asked so here is mine. "Are we going to be able to have banks/storage?" please dont answer with looking into it, or the devs are thinking it over...who cares, I just want a straight forward no shtaco answer. Thanks an Glad you all are at least trying to fix the broken parts.

shadowkin
06-17-2013, 06:46 PM
Why did the stupid irathients hold the cure in exchange for being released when they will be released when the cure arrives anyway????

Era
06-17-2013, 06:54 PM
Why did the stupid irathients hold the cure in exchange for being released when they will be released when the cure arrives anyway????

Paranoia about getting purged after they hand over the cure to prevent future outbreaks.

Chaos13
06-17-2013, 06:59 PM
First question I would like to ask is are we going to get any dark Matter outfits or vechiles? Second question is can you expand more time on answering questions on the pod cast instead of like 3 or 4 of them. We want to hear more answers from questions. Third question is are they gonna fix the pvp bug with outfits as well? Fourth question is if they don't fix that issue can we alteast wear the echelon mercs outfits in the normal world? Last question is will us players get to see the town of defiance in the game?

baelrusk
06-17-2013, 06:59 PM
Question here:
Are we ever going to see what was in the plague trailer, actually in the game?

squidgod2000
06-17-2013, 07:04 PM

Bad writing.

born2beagator
06-17-2013, 07:08 PM
Bad writing.

Not at all. Remember they talked about the Castithans hunting them. They didn't trust the humans to turn them loose either

The Grey Jackal
06-17-2013, 07:13 PM
What different types of monoliths will we see in defiance? We already seen the dark matter one in E3 demo. But how many more will we have and is their going to be a Plague or Volge type?

Arsenic_Touch
06-17-2013, 10:55 PM
Nevermind..

Morgana
06-18-2013, 09:34 AM
Missed Across the Badlands Episode #10? Check it out here!
(http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/c/2441125)

Here are the answers from the Q&A!

1. So, when's the winner of Most Wanted going to be announced?

We will have an official announcement this week on the winner of Most Wanted! Stay tuned.

2. With the temporary removal of sieges, we're back to "vanilla" gameplay activities. Will the activities introduced in the first DLC be permanent additions to the game?

Everything that is attached to DLC is permanent within the game world! Including Sieges again-- with the Volge! But also note: Plague Sieges and all other TV tie-ins will come back to the game via our Rewind events in the future!

3. We already know that we will fight against Volgers during siege mode.Will you add some siege mode against "old" enemies like; mutants, 99ers, raiders, etc...?

We plan to continue to release new game modes and varients of game modes that already exist down the road. Stay tuned for Dark Matter Arkfalls.

4. Are we gonna have to buy the change everything for your character every time you wanna change or is it a one time deal? Thanks.

If you purchase the DLC, you will get a 1 time option to swap anyone of your characters to a Castithan! After that, you will need to purchase a race change.