PDA

View Full Version : My god is mad at me.... what did I do to piss u off I do not know

hey u
06-17-2013, 05:40 PM
I really don't know what I did to piss u off my god? why must u punish me so hard with all these things ?

So after staying up all night playing infamous 2 I'm now trying to watch movies and get my credit card activated. Well... After calling Sony and my bank back and forth like 5 times I eventually found out this

Activate the system. From the XMB, select [Account Management], and then select [Activate System].
Please ensure all account information is accurate. Log in to your PSN account, go to Account Management > Account Information > Billing Information, select the "Delete Billing Information" button, and press the X button. Then re-enter your billing information on the same page. The billing information should be entered exactly as it appears on your credit card statement.
Remove the apartment number (if applicable).
Try another credit card.
Check with the bank to verify if the credit card uses AVS (Address Verification System) as a security feature.
Final option, use a PSN Card. These can be purchased at any major retailer.

Well that's not going to work for me the PSN card deal but the AVS part here is the deal: My bank is not a big bank and does not deal with AVS. I called a different bank and they told me that my current bank is not as big of a bank as they are. The guy still wasn't sure if it would work but he thinks it will since it is way bigger of a bank then my current bank is..

So now in 2 days ill go get another bank account at that bank and try that and will get back on to you all. I hope nobody has to do this. Not that big of a deal just be warned

Malachi
06-17-2013, 06:12 PM
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. But it sounds like you're saying you have a tiny "bank". Am I right?

hey u
06-17-2013, 06:21 PM
My bank I am told is not a huge national bank and is more so a local town bank. I now need to find a new bank that deals with AVS and open a account with them so another account at a bank now

Ray101492
06-17-2013, 06:24 PM
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. But it sounds like you're saying you have a tiny "bank". Am I right?

Giggity ;)

Mirimon
06-17-2013, 06:54 PM
I really don't know what I did to piss u off my god? why must u punish me so hard with all these things ?

So after staying up all night playing infamous 2 I'm now trying to watch movies and get my credit card activated. Well... After calling Sony and my bank back and forth like 5 times I eventually found out this

Activate the system. From the XMB, select [Account Management], and then select [Activate System].
Please ensure all account information is accurate. Log in to your PSN account, go to Account Management > Account Information > Billing Information, select the "Delete Billing Information" button, and press the X button. Then re-enter your billing information on the same page. The billing information should be entered exactly as it appears on your credit card statement.
Remove the apartment number (if applicable).
Try another credit card.
Check with the bank to verify if the credit card uses AVS (Address Verification System) as a security feature.
Final option, use a PSN Card. These can be purchased at any major retailer.

Well that's not going to work for me the PSN card deal but the AVS part here is the deal: My bank is not a big bank and does not deal with AVS. I called a different bank and they told me that my current bank is not as big of a bank as they are. The guy still wasn't sure if it would work but he thinks it will since it is way bigger of a bank then my current bank is..

So now in 2 days ill go get another bank account at that bank and try that and will get back on to you all. I hope nobody has to do this. Not that big of a deal just be warned

that may indeed be the issue.. banks these days usually do use such features and it is for all of our protection, especially in an age rampant with hacking and theft.

good news.. once you assign a functioning and valid account you need only do it once, then it's good on any psn function from any device..

it is also possible to activate several ps consoles on the same account, for both games and for other media, but there are a few extra steps to doing this (this is really handy in a house with multiple consoles set up for distributed media services. Myself, I remote my ps3 through my psp, dl what I want from the main console that way (allowing me to be anywhere when I do; this will be expanded to all mobile devices and tablets/pc with ps4) and then simply watch anywhere in the house or stream to mobile/psp/vita.

hey u
06-17-2013, 07:08 PM
o cool well while I wait till I open a new account at the new bank I will look up on this.... May have to buy a psp but I shall look into thanks on the tip there

averagejoe
06-17-2013, 07:19 PM
Hopefully you will get this fix. I like my ps3.

Mirimon
06-17-2013, 07:19 PM
I would not rush out to get a psp were I you.. if anything a Vita.. but for ps4 coming up any mobile computing device will suffice as well.

please do not go looking for a psp.

hey u
06-17-2013, 07:26 PM
Well right now I'm still learning the system. Still it is so much more nicer then my 360 unless... Unless that's because I played infamous 2 and that is the best game for the Ps3 which I'm sure it's not lol!! But so far that is all I have played and soon to Defiance man like I said what did I do to piss off my god?

averagejoe
06-17-2013, 07:30 PM
Yeah bro I hear you. Once you get defiance up and running and bank issues solve that will be sweet.

hey u
06-17-2013, 07:31 PM
Life will be simple!!!

hey u
06-19-2013, 11:25 AM
omg there is just no winning at this. After 45 minutes of talking and BS I open a new bank account at wells fargo and they gave me a instant debit card and was like yes Sony time but no... my god is pissed off at me. They gave me a instant debit card which will not work up on the sony registration page.

So I now must wait a few days until my Real visa card comes in with my name on it. The card they gave me says wells fargo customer on it where my name should be but it has a card number and money in it but not with my name on it. This can be my only guess as to why it wont accept it up on the sony website.

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

hey u
06-21-2013, 04:26 PM
Yes so I am now installing defiance on my Ps3 and a ton of bull crap along the way but goodbye 360 n hello Ps3. I have 60bucks for Defiance store and just bought The last of us and Game of the year edition and uncharted 3.

Man I cant wait to see how much better this will be.

EVIL LOAD SCREEN

Mirimon
06-21-2013, 06:32 PM
Yes so I am now installing defiance on my Ps3 and a ton of bull crap along the way but goodbye 360 n hello Ps3. I have 60bucks for Defiance store and just bought The last of us and Game of the year edition and uncharted 3.

Man I cant wait to see how much better this will be.

EVIL LOAD SCREEN

faster hdd's make that go by alot quicker, ssd makes it almost non-existent.

hey u
06-21-2013, 07:03 PM
From what I have seen u Ps3 people must love it when Microsoft people try and defend Microsoft. Also my guess is this just cracks u guys up laughing at the person trying to defend the 360. HA tear rolls down my eye. If only.. if only... those are now my thoughts and regrets now

If only I had gone back to Sony a while ago instead of Microsoft man have I have Lost out on so much in life. Luckily I can play and catch up on Ps3 games but still man it's a sucks feeling