PDA

View Full Version : Weapon level xp and Weapon skill xp

Sethvirfireborn
06-18-2013, 01:15 AM
I found a few threads where people did not realise that they are two separate things and how it works, so I thought I would just write what I know which works.

You have individual weapon experience. Each weapon only has 1 level.

Then you have weapon skills which you gain experience for, for each type of weapon class.

Now when you level up an individual weapon, if you keep using it you will not gain anymore weapon skill experience. Yes the weapon gets buffs from finishing its level. But for some reason in making the game, they thought they would make it so we no longer get weapon skill experience from using these weapons.

They did introduce the Weapon Mastery Reset in the Salvage Matrix. Now if you find a weapon you like the stats of and want to keep using, you can reset it for a fee of ark salvage. The first reset does cost a bit sometimes, I had a purple Saw lmg that cost about 56k ark salvage the first time, then only cost 10k for every time after that.

And the weapon does keep the bonuses it gets from the first time you completed its level, but does not get anymore stats added after that.

So it is an idea to keep 2 or 3 weapons of a type that you want to level the weapon skill of, and reset one when you finish it and move to the next. I always kept 3 lmg for when I was levelling them up and getting the kills for the combat pursuit.

And before anyone decides to write anything negative or such. I do not remember this being told to us in game, I discovered it the hard way after realising my weapon skill was not moving after using an assault rifle for a week straight, and friends would not have known without me telling them this. So it is just some friendly advice for other players that may not know. I have seen many threads about it

Sethvirfireborn
06-18-2013, 01:24 AM
Also I should add, you get weapon experience for pretty much everything in the game you damage. But it appears you do not get any weapon experience or weapon skill experience in major arkfalls.

CQB_Torvald
06-18-2013, 04:57 AM
Also I should add, you get weapon experience for pretty much everything in the game you damage. But it appears you do not get any weapon experience or weapon skill experience in major arkfalls.

I was curious about that in Arkfalls, as was using a fresh SAW on an Arkfall and had no XP, weapon or otherwise, to show for it. Cheers mate!

Sethvirfireborn
06-18-2013, 05:22 AM
It is ok, just thought it would be nice to let other people know seeings how they do not tell us ahahah...

I tested it out with a few weapons, Major Arkfalls do not count, but Minor Arkfalls do. Also the Sieges did count, and gave a really good amount of weapon and skill xp, but they may change that come them returning with the Volge in place of the Afflicted

lagaros
06-18-2013, 05:33 AM
It is ok, just thought it would be nice to let other people know seeings how they do not tell us ahahah...

I tested it out with a few weapons, Major Arkfalls do not count, but Minor Arkfalls do. Also the Sieges did count, and gave a really good amount of weapon and skill xp, but they may change that come them returning with the Volge in place of the Afflicted

http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/04/30/weapons-and-weapon-skills/

This link ^ explains everything about weapons and covers Experience, both weapon and skill. Trion posted this on April 30th....

Also, I agree with the thought that Sieges are going to return with Volge instead of the Afflicted. It makes a lot of sense.

Sethvirfireborn
06-18-2013, 05:41 AM
That did not come up when I done a search =|

Well from what I have read about the dlc and such it does indicate that the Volge will be in the Sieges, sounds like they are going to be fun

apocolypse boy
06-22-2013, 03:58 PM
im having trouble with this. My weapon skills just wont increase no matter what I do.
Ive changed from say, frontier saw to a vot disruptor, both lmg's, but still nothing. ive also switched up with all my other weapons.
im lvl 10 assault
lvl 4 sub mac
lvl 4 lmg
lvl 1 com shot
lvl 2 pump
lvl 1 sawn off
2 bolt snipe
3 semi snipe.
other types I haven't used and as you can see my current skill lvls are not high, so why wont they lvl up?

Sethvirfireborn
06-25-2013, 11:56 PM
Well it all depends. You won't get weapon xp from major arkfalls so don't bother there. And make sure you have not levelled the weapon and keep using it, I done that a few times myself before figuring out that it gets nowhere at all.

Try getting more crits, and doing some of the instances help. Sometimes they do really seem to progress really slowly, others they shoot up fast. I have found humanoid enemies are easier to get weapon xp from because it is relatively easy to get crit kills on them. You could also try Sutro Tower or Trolley Graveyard missions in San Fran to get some decent weapon xp. Sutro Tower is good because you can hide up the top and snipe them out with crit kills with ease. Trolley Graveyard is good for assault rifles and such. Hopefully it starts working for you though

briggsy
06-26-2013, 05:46 AM
im having trouble with this. My weapon skills just wont increase no matter what I do.
Ive changed from say, frontier saw to a vot disruptor, both lmg's, but still nothing. ive also switched up with all my other weapons.
im lvl 10 assault
lvl 4 sub mac
lvl 4 lmg
lvl 1 com shot
lvl 2 pump
lvl 1 sawn off
2 bolt snipe
3 semi snipe.
other types I haven't used and as you can see my current skill lvls are not high, so why wont they lvl up?

sometimes it seems it's taking an age to level up weapons. If you've not got your hit numbers on ( they don't seem to be set on by default) turn them on (start & options, it's the top option on one of the screens) this will let you know the best places to hit the enemy by sending out hit numbers, the higher the number is the best place to hit & use overcharge. If you think they aren't going up take a note of the weapon level & check it again after you do something.

Co-op maps are a good way to level up weapons & i find Scrapworks Salvage the best with the Scrapper Forges. Overcharge & hits to their front & tail (yellow/orange areas) & you 'll find you weapon level shooting up.

Sethvirfireborn
07-01-2013, 06:28 PM
Yeah scrappers are a great way to level them because they have those large crit zones. The afflicted where brilliant for it, I finished Sawn offs to rank 10 with them myself ahahah

wolfenhunter2010
07-01-2013, 06:32 PM
Yeah scrappers are a great way to level them because they have those large crit zones. The afflicted where brilliant for it, I finished Sawn offs to rank 10 with them myself ahahah

i can get a full level on scrapworks salvage with lmg ar. rifle or smg i already got 20 infectors bmg smg and almost on ***. rifles and pump shotguns. the scrapper forges are best way to level over all and use overcharge and critical boost perks it helps with leveling.