PDA

View Full Version : are they going to fix FRC Heavy Scatterguns on next patch or soon?

ironlungz949
06-18-2013, 08:06 AM
like title says.....just wondering if they gonna fix the total hvy scattergun nerf

Golgo_13
06-18-2013, 08:23 AM
I remember that treachery, and play the game even less since they ruined it. Malicious bastards couldn't even be bothered to mention the neutering of the Heavy in the patch notes, how kind.

Epyon
06-18-2013, 08:42 AM
They did mention it, they decreased the pellet count on a lot of shotguns...yet left the grind fragger untouched. (Kinda like they did with the detonators)
I get that people complained and they nerfed the shotguns, but couldnt they bother with giving them different dmg numbers? The scattergun, heavy scattergun and the grind fraggers all have the same damage, and due to the small stat differences now being all that sets them apart, the heavy loses. The heavy had those downsides cause it had more damage, now that the damages are equal, is it even a heavy?

3rdpig
06-18-2013, 09:04 AM
What I like is how when one patch broke the magazine mod (1.05x replaced +5) and they said "Oops, that was an accident!" and released a hotfix the next day, then the next patch broke it again and this time they said it was on purpose.

At least they could code it so you don't get the 1.05x mag bonus on guns with less than 10 shots, because on a 6 shot shotgun you get no extra rounds and your bonus slot is now wasted.

Epyon
06-18-2013, 09:09 AM
What I like is how when one patch broke the magazine mod (1.05x replaced +5) and they said "Oops, that was an accident!" and released a hotfix the next day, then the next patch broke it again and this time they said it was on purpose.

At least they could code it so you don't get the 1.05x mag bonus on guns with less than 10 shots, because on a 6 shot shotgun you get no extra rounds and your bonus slot is now wasted.

I had to mod a shotgun that already had a mag bonus with a tier 3 mag mod, in order to get ONE more shot.
Went from 6 to 7....Yay?

TravelerX1
06-18-2013, 09:10 AM
Anything with less then 20 rounds should be on the same system as Pistols and Sniper Rifles... +# mag bonuses. A bonus should be a bonus, not get negated because X1.05 on a 10 round weapon = 0. Also they need to come up with mods for the items that have slots that there are no mods for. It makes the system feel incomplete.

ironlungz949
06-18-2013, 09:10 AM
well if any of you follow devs. on twitter, let me know cuzz i heard a wild rumor that they are gonna fix some guns including hvy scatterguns

Epyon
06-18-2013, 09:13 AM
well if any of you follow devs. on twitter, let me know cuzz i heard a wild rumor that they are gonna fix some guns including hvy scatterguns

Whats your definition of "fix?
Cause Trion's is surely different from mine or yours.

ironlungz949
06-18-2013, 09:23 AM
Whats your definition of "fix?
Cause Trion's is surely different from mine or yours.

i have no idea it was something somebody said, i guess we shall see

ironlungz949
06-18-2013, 12:42 PM
bump bump bump

Epyon
06-18-2013, 03:30 PM
This threads not getting any love :/
People must like the broken state the shotguns are in <.<
Maybe if Trion broke certain detonators and infectors they would care -.-

Wtflag
06-18-2013, 04:55 PM
I agree that mag nerfs are stupid.

Instead of x1.05 to x1.15 which is basically +0, they could have it the same as detonators which is +1 to +3.

That would have been atleast a bit more useful.

Muffins
06-18-2013, 05:01 PM
I dunno about mags though, I mean being able to put 30 shots into a shotgun was freaking neat and all, but I've seen orange shotguns carried around with +Mag bonus on it still.
Maybe with +Mag on an orange with +Mag Mod, you get a good 3 or so shots in, so it balances out? Making more use of orange.

Epyon
06-18-2013, 05:16 PM
I dunno about mags though, I mean being able to put 30 shots into a shotgun was freaking neat and all, but I've seen orange shotguns carried around with +Mag bonus on it still.
Maybe with +Mag on an orange with +Mag Mod, you get a good 3 or so shots in, so it balances out? Making more use of orange.
I think that even at 20 it was insane, we're talking shotguns. I have no complaint on the mag nerf since it was needed, but I do hate how they made the bonuses obsolete. My biggest complaint is what this threads about, the crippled heavy scattergun, I mean its no different or worse than the normal scattergun at this point.

angryglock
06-18-2013, 06:03 PM
If a nerf was needed they should have nerfed either the mags or the damage/pellet count but not both. Shotguns are broken in this game.

Iceberg
06-18-2013, 06:26 PM
Be careful what you wish for, if Trion decides to "fix" this, they might just disable the guns completely in the game.

Epyon
06-18-2013, 06:43 PM
If a nerf was needed they should have nerfed either the mags or the damage/pellet count but not both. Shotguns are broken in this game.

Theyre broken cause of the nerfs. They weren't broken before, people seem to have forgotten that shotguns ARE MEANT to be devastating at close range. The reason they did so well was the small closed maps and the fact that cloak lets a player get that close. The shotguns werent the problem, if anything the other weapons needed a buff (xcept the infectors and detonators, sadly they work just fine).

ironlungz949
06-18-2013, 06:50 PM
thank you all for showing love on the thread, but still i haven't heard from the guy that told me this "fix"

FlippyCake
06-18-2013, 07:54 PM
I didn't even realize that the scatter shotty (and the others) were nerfed. I love the scatter shotty, but now knowing that it isn't what it could possibly be, it just makes me want it fixed.

Even now, if used properly, it is an awesome weapon, my favorite shotty. The other ones are either too weak or too slow.

Epyon
06-18-2013, 08:18 PM
I didn't even realize that the scatter shotty (and the others) were nerfed. I love the scatter shotty, but now knowing that it isn't what it could possibly be, it just makes me want it fixed.

Even now, if used properly, it is an awesome weapon, my favorite shotty. The other ones are either too weak or too slow.

I still use the heavy, I'm used to the feel of it. It still does its job in PvE and PvP but is a shadow of its former self.

Epyon
06-19-2013, 05:46 AM
thank you all for showing love on the thread, but still i haven't heard from the guy that told me this "fix"

Mind telling us who did?

ironlungz949
06-19-2013, 08:32 AM
it was a random guy that saw my scatterguns and said to hold on to those bc they will be fixing them near the next patch in july.....

Epyon
06-19-2013, 06:34 PM
it was a random guy that saw my scatterguns and said to hold on to those bc they will be fixing them near the next patch in july.....

Sounds like someone hoping for the best. Don't get me wrong, so do I, its just I wish they'd fixed it by now.

ironlungz949
06-21-2013, 11:07 AM
bump bump bump