PDA

View Full Version : Avoidance

Drewbud
06-18-2013, 09:03 AM
Anyone have any tips or tricks as to how to avoid all the dirt bag kids that are now out of school?

greatdividers
06-18-2013, 09:09 AM
Anyone have any tips or tricks as to how to avoid all the dirt bag kids that are now out of school?

i would start by not posting useless crap like this on the general forum...

lagaros
06-18-2013, 09:10 AM
How do you mean? Like out in public? If so then just do what I do and carry a knife and they avoid you...

Indra Echo
06-18-2013, 09:15 AM

Ok, my first inclination was to not respond but then I decided to actually take this seriously and consider you mean in the game-annoying kids whose parents use games as baby sitters, right?

Avoiding them is as impossible as it is to avoid dipstick adults that insist upon doing their personal business (yep, even their gastric business) to an open mic. Muting can work but it can take time to discover the offender and by then maybe either you or they have left the area. If in your clan, report the problem to a clan leader. If especially problematic well there's the drastic measure of reporting to MS (xbox), Sony (PS3), and I don't know who or what for the PC, or maybe Trion. Trion has an ingame system for reporting a player using the menu wheel and the support option. You can explain an issue with individual players and yes, it's time-consuming too.

The sad fact is that almost all parents who like games and tech kind of tend to think it's cute to see little Johnny work the controller, put on the mic, scream into the kinect-thus blowing out the eardrums of any adult within a 5000 mile range in real life and with a mic on in the game. It's sooooooo cute. One guy recently said he got a tear in his eye when his 3 year old started shooting others in Black Ops 2. How can you argue with that-lovely, just lovely.

The other way to solve most problems is to actually specifically articulate the situation you are trying to do something about and not leave it open to interpretation.

N3gativeCr33p
06-18-2013, 09:19 AM

If you're playing on Xbox Live, choose to ignore the gamer that's being a nuisance to you.

3rdpig
06-18-2013, 09:50 AM
Avoiding them is as impossible as it is to avoid dipstick adults that insist upon doing their personal business (yep, even their gastric business) to an open mic.

You're using the word "Adult" when you should be using "Grown up". Adults don't do what you say, at least not on purpose. However grown ups who aren't yet adults often do. I find the grown ups in question are often males ranging in age from 17-25. I say this without malice as I wasn't an adult at that age either. It's just the nature of the beast to think burping and farting is funny, or that the whole world wants to hear about your, usually fabricated, sexual escapades or how drunk you got the night before, when you're a male at that age.

MagellanD
06-18-2013, 10:24 AM

Unplug the internet from your console (good thing this isn't XboxONE) Stay indoors. Order food delivery until September. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR ROOM.

Doesn't matter what system. Doesn't matter where you go.

THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!

Drewbud
06-19-2013, 03:14 AM
Unplug the internet from your console (good thing this isn't XboxONE) Stay indoors. Order food delivery until September. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR ROOM.

Doesn't matter what system. Doesn't matter where you go.
THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!

I think this will work.