PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand all the complaints..

Anmael
06-18-2013, 10:50 AM
Let me start saying that I am no fanboy, and I barely know of the existence of this game until about a month ago when i started playing...I guess the absence of the huge hype that I understand many people went through is one of the main reasons why i actually love this game.
I started playing Defiance with not many expectations (having read the forums before hand), and i thought it could be a decent way to kill time during the hot summer...
I only watched the pilot of the tv-show (planning to start watching it for good)...

I find the game to be very addictive, the main story line is long and pretty interesting, the episodes missions are a nice change, the minor random encounters are enjoyable if i have nothing else to do, and the major arkfalls are awesome (when people actually avoid shooting the skitterlings, otherwise frustrating!)...I love the open-world concept of the game, it gives a lot of freedom..

I did not play much instanced pvp, as I find instances to be overly predictable and repetitive...but i do love shadow-wars, the concept is great, not only you need to worry about the enemies, but also the random monsters around and the non participants that are there just to do missions... I played for a long time ultima online and darkfall (as well as many other more canonical mmorpg) and I missed open-world pvp very much... I would love for it to be completely free, but i guess that would ruin the experience for many pve-oriented people... A nice thing would be some kind of clan war system... (like the leaders set the time to 1 week, the clan members can attack each other under any circumstance, and at the end of the week the winning clan gets a reward of some sort).

I actually did not encounter all the glitches and bugs (or cheaters in pvp for that matter) that people are talking about...yes i do get timeouts here and there, but its not a big deal... The amount of content is huge, and it is actually fun, at least for me it is well worth the price of the game way more than other more acclaimed games (naming the one i bought right before this game, arkham city bored me out of my mind in 1 and a half days).

I guess the reason for this post is to give a different point of view for the people that decide to read the forums before to get the game, as i would like this mmo to thrive and get better and bigger. Don't get discouraged by the whining...This game is a lot of fun.

I apologize if the grammar / punctuation is not perfect. English is my second language.
If anyone wants to group up for some missions/arkfall or shadow-wars hit me up.
I am on xbox, char name is "Anmael" and xboxlive name is "PanicoBlack".

Pyth
06-18-2013, 11:08 AM
I guess the reason for this post is to give a different point of view for the people that decide to read the forums before to get the game
I tend to lurk game forums as well before purchasing a game, new or old. So please allow me to counterbalance your post.

To anyone who reads this and is thinking about getting the game, DON'T. If you're ever going to take advice from a random stranger on an internet forum, this would be the time. If you're truly intent on wasting money, then light $60 on fire and throw it out the window of a moving car. At least that way you won't be wasting your money as much.

Gratty
06-18-2013, 11:10 AM
I tend to lurk game forums as well before purchasing a game, new or old. So please allow me to counterbalance your post.

To anyone who reads this and is thinking about getting the game, DON'T. If you're ever going to take advice from a random stranger on an internet forum, this would be the time. If you're truly intent on wasting money, then light $60 on fire and throw it out the window of a moving car. At least that way you won't be wasting your money as much.

That would be a much more entertaining way to waste money

Especially because you pulled some lulz out of my lulbox with that comment.

Pyth
06-18-2013, 11:15 AM
That would be a much more entertaining way to waste money

Especially because you pulled some lulz out of my lulbox with that comment.
Better yet, I may just purchase a flare gun and use my copy as target practice.

Capattac
06-18-2013, 11:21 AM
@Pyth. I find your disgust of this game AND your signature are a fantastic representation of your clan.

I AGREE WITH THE OP.

Anmael
06-18-2013, 11:22 AM

No offense, just a question:
What is the point of spending your time reading and posting in a forum of a game that you obviously dislike, and -i guess- you are no playing? Is it for vengeance against the game-makers? Is this, in your mind, some kind of public service you are doing?
I get an advantage if people that read this thread buy the game: since i play it, i have more people to play it. But what advantage do you get?
Although i respect and believe that you can express whatever opinion you may have, i find your presence here quite illogical..

Pyth
06-18-2013, 11:27 AM
No offense, just a question:
What is the point of spending your time reading and posting in a forum of a game that you obviously dislike, and -i guess- you are no playing? Is it for vengeance against the game-makers? Is this, in your mind, some kind of public service you are doing?
I get an advantage if people that read this thread buy the game: since i play it, i have more people to play it. But what advantage do you get?
Although i respect and believe that you can express whatever opinion you may have, i find your presence here quite illogical..
Not at all, but you're allowed to project all you want.

@Pyth. I find your disgust of this game AND your signature are a fantastic representation of your clan.

I AGREE WITH THE OP.
My opinions are my own, but I suppose you need to take cheap shots any where you can get them.

Hope that works you for you.

Anmael
06-18-2013, 11:30 AM
Not at all, but you're allowed to project all you want.

My opinions are my own, but I suppose you need to take cheap shots any where you can get them.

Hope that works you for you.

I guess here is where the language barrier hits, I am not sure what you mean by saying that "I am allowed to project"...project what?
However, I did notice that you did not attempt to answer my questions.

Capattac
06-18-2013, 11:32 AM
It's not a cheap shot... You clearly hate this game yet your signature says "If you're ready to join the largest clan in DEFIANCE..."

I am simply pointing out your inconsistancies. You are hear to bash AND promote?

Pyth
06-18-2013, 11:40 AM
It's not a cheap shot... You clearly hate this game yet your signature says "If you're ready to join the largest clan in DEFIANCE..."

I am simply pointing out your inconsistancies. You are hear to bash AND promote?
If you're going to continue to attempt to insult me, then the least you could do is use proper grammar and spelling. But you must be just like the rest of your clan, a bunch of illiterate ****s who drool on each other.

It's only natural that I jump to that conclusion after my interaction with you.

I guess here is where the language barrier hits, I am not sure what you mean by saying that "I am allowed to project"...project what?
However, I did notice that you did not attempt to answer my questions.
It's not as if I'm attempting to use idioms or anything, so I fail to see where the translation isn't coming across.

But no, I don't hate the game. In it's current state though, people should be wary of purchasing it. So if I'm an ******* for dissuading a few people from spending their hard earned money on the game, then so be it.

Capattac
06-18-2013, 11:45 AM
You just attack and avoid. I'm done here, you just spout anger. I'm impressed.

Jinto
06-18-2013, 11:47 AM
You want people to "Join the largest clan in Defiance" yet you DONT want anyone to buy the game.....I'm confused *sigh*

The problem with people now is they let some reviewer tell them what to buy...If you like the game buy it. If you dont then dont bash people for buying and enjoying the game

Firetalion
06-18-2013, 11:49 AM
The internet exists for very few uses, to most people.

Ninety-Nine percent of the people use this fabled internet only for smut and trolling. Nothing else.

So they get their smut fix, then switch to these forums.

The sad part is, everyone complains, but nobody wants to listen, or even bothers listening. Like facebook envy, and the clinical depression you suffer from constantly looking at how amazing everyone says their life is, and comparing it to your own.

Every complaint in this forum is just a drop in the ocean, that is the internet troll fest.

Pyth
06-18-2013, 11:55 AM
It's just a forum signature, I'm putting that space to decent use and it's helped me recruit a lot of people into the clan. People who are happy with the game and doing just fine. Once again, my opinions are my own. They are not representative of my clan or anyone else. But no, I'm not blind to the irony of it.

And if I was here to get some form of "revenge" for feeling as if I've been ripped off, then I would have already gotten it. The majority of the team is gone, they're losing money hand over fist and the game will fail. There's no coming back from that fact.

But I'm just as entitled to post here as you guys are, whether you like it or not. Though I suspect my post will be deleted or this thread will be locked like they usually are. So as usual, this will be another waste of time.

Big Jack Shepard
06-18-2013, 11:55 AM
I agree with Pyth. I wouldn't dream of recruiting anyone to play this game in its current state. The game is still in development IMO.

Anmael
06-18-2013, 11:56 AM
It's not as if I'm attempting to use idioms or anything, so I fail to see where the translation isn't coming across.

The translation of the verb "project" in Italian is "to make a project", "to project something" (example: on a wall, or a movie theatre screen), "to launch". Doesn't matter anyways, i guess i get your point.

no, I don't hate the game. In it's current state though, people should be wary of purchasing it. So if I'm an ******* for dissuading a few people from spending their hard earned money on the game, then so be it.
Then if you do not hate the game, and actually play it, i am still confused. Obviously you do understand that:
more people -> more money -> more features -> longer game-life -> more people.
Since discouraging people from joining a game that is, at the very least, not as disgusting as you portray it damages the game itself, if you do play defiance is the same as pissing in your meal and complain that it tastes bad. But maybe it is out of selflessness...

K Ron Spliffs
06-18-2013, 11:57 AM
It is also no longer the "largest" clan, Better check your numbers against obsidian...

Tyrannos
06-18-2013, 12:08 PM
Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

While we understand that it is frustrating to read negative posts and threads, creating threads to "reply" to or otherwise discuss these threads is not constructive and typically results in more disruption.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@defiance.com.
Thank you!