PDA

View Full Version : Defiance- With an SWG menality

Rush
03-24-2013, 08:28 PM
I bleive if defiance had wnt an open sand box along wioth everything else pre cu, that this game would have all the potential in then world..or idk? just seems like nothing been the same since...

Herbfiend
03-24-2013, 08:41 PM
ah the good old days of swg tkm commando was mad funny to do people be like how he's tkm i just have to last thru the knockdown then I would pull out a flame thrower and light them on fire teehee. Think my old guild master never did get over that duel since we were no where near a lake haha.

ShadowViper
03-24-2013, 09:06 PM
Defiance using an SWG Pre-CU mentality? So the game would basically be nothing but TKM's using Dizzy / KD then?

Cause that **** wasn't OP from the start lol.

Or better yet, everyone being an MDef / MSabers using AI and popping holos all day :P

Oh the good old days.

Chilastra still > Bria (just sayin')

Rush
03-25-2013, 02:22 AM
im NOT talking about pvp im talking about content and things to do other then gank each other lol

Dregs
03-25-2013, 11:53 AM
You're absolutely right...it's never been the same since. Started on Flurry at Launch 2003. When Wanderhome and Shadowfire were brought to life, I jumped over to Shadowfire. I was the self-proclaimed first Master Pikeman on my server. A Master Pikeman/Master Musician to be precise, back when we just played for fun, Zabrak dude in a blue and white doctor's dress. Back in the days when we would just hang out at Coronet starport socializing for half the day, people from all around the galaxy would periodically come to duel me because they've heard a master pikeman is dueling there. This was long before the class was diluted with the discovery of mind-fire lances and it's subsequent FotM bandwagon population surge. When people were still curious how a Master Pikeman fought. SWG had the best community I've ever played with to date.

But you know what? Defiance is so far removed from anything we can complain about not being sandbox....it's like complaining CoD isn't a sandbox. Poop like this is what annoys the non-SWG vets about SWG vets. So gadammit stop polluting every board with SWG teary-eyed wishes. No one but us cares and it's never ever coming back. :(