PDA

View Full Version : Best guns from Beta

MattN
03-24-2013, 09:33 PM
From my experience so far from Beta..

My favorite 3 guns are the LMG with 404 dmg 8 rof, and the auto shotgun 808 dmg that fire grenades for aoe those damn bugs, great for killing those armored warrior hellbug. Favorite AR is the 375 dmg with 3 rds burst 30rd mag, put a scope on it and you kill things so fast, extremely accurate, double tap and kill most things.

I like fast bolt action sniper rifle. The pistol with 4x crit dmg, head shot hits like a truck. BMGs are pretty much all the same...none are significantly different than another. Infectors seem too weak, I didn't use it much. Grenade and rocket launchers seems to be a bit weak, should be able to 1 shot most regular mobs, and the small ammo pools didn't help. SMG chew up my LMG ammo so I don't use it, too weak...I get annoyed using them.

Best shield has to be the shortest delay Spark shield regeneration with bonus 25% hp regen. Grenades I like the flash and frag the most.

The rest of the other guns are meh...We need laser and plasma alien guns that regenerate ammo or a perk that constantly regen ammo.

Pizzarugi
03-24-2013, 09:51 PM
The rest of the other guns are meh...We need laser and plasma alien guns that regenerate ammo or a perk that constantly regen ammo.

Input enough ego codes, and you'll unlock the 'scavenger' perk which increases ammo loot.

Evermoore
03-24-2013, 09:58 PM
My favorite weapons were the bolt action sniper rifles. I loved the sound, the trail of smoke after firing it. The SMG's were nice too. I was not a fan of the semi auto sniper rifles, I just couldnt get a feel for them.

Bornhald
03-24-2013, 09:59 PM
I found a pistol (North Star Flare gun) it only has one shot, but it does 1010 damage and sets everything on fire for 105 a tic, was really good, (most enemies just tun around when they are on fire) then I figured out I could put a plus 4 mag mod on it.

JerZey CJ
03-24-2013, 10:00 PM
Best gun in the Beta? Any Plasma Pulser guns. High damage, AoE of a grenade for each shot, and moderate RoF. Also comes with the added bonus of blinding and lagging other players!

Vin
03-24-2013, 10:00 PM
I have to say I was a fan of the shotguns. The auto worked really well in PVE; double barrel was almost always a one hit kill in pvp.

Now I just can't figure out what I want to use in my other slot. AR or LMG

Evermoore
03-24-2013, 10:03 PM
During the last few hours of the beta I found a sweet shot gun, totally forgot about while I was writing a post a few ahead of this one, I would snipe and when the melee mutants would run up to me BOOM surprise! LOL was sweet.

Mr Broke
03-24-2013, 10:18 PM
The auto-shotgun was my "go to" gun. Especially when there was at least 2 or 3 enemies that would bunch up and all i would have to do is stand on the trigger. The 90x12 damage varient was the best version i found.

The LMG was my secondary gun for the armour piercing aspect of it. Weither it would be to finish off the last couple point off a arkfall or semi-sniping the mutants to start off a pve.