PDA

View Full Version : Builds for soloing ?

Drakeos99
03-24-2013, 10:18 PM
Whats good build for heavy fire fights like heaps of mobs and able to take out elites/orge or named ... ?

Builds like (guns/grenades)

Komakala
03-24-2013, 10:27 PM
A build that I had a lot of success with revolved around a fire SMG, did about 200 damage low bloom and low recoil Name was VOT Pulsar or something similar. It seemed to have a really high trigger % as just a few shots would normally set my targets on fire. Backup was a Syphon sniper rifle that did ~1200 damage. Main perk was Overcharge with sub perks of extra loot, and extra ammo found. Grenade was a flash/electric grenade that stunned everyone caught in the blast. If things got too hairy I could toss a grenade in and book it. But it was fairly easy to go toe to toe with the big guys, just keep moving.

Grimwyrd
03-25-2013, 12:25 AM
I enjoy Decoy and the defensive perks around it for soloing (Rear Guard, Detachment, Fortitude).

Psyqhical
03-25-2013, 02:56 AM
I went Cloak with Hunter's Stance (+ Crit dmg while crouched), Height Advantage (+dmg when higher then your enemy) and Shadowed Strike (+dmg While Cloaked) with sniper and shotgun. Simply murdered everything in my path. Was just EZmode.

Syc0tixZ
03-25-2013, 03:05 AM
i went cloak, 308 ego, i had dmg while cloaked increased, crit multiplier while croucched, reduce charge time on cloak, and more dmg if i am higher than others. i ran with a bolt action sniper and a military style assault rifle. i also used a frag grenade, was pretty fun, i had a 2nd loadout for pvp that was a sniper and a combat shotgun, was awesome lol, i lived awhile though, good range, and good dmg if they get close

Tarc
03-25-2013, 03:16 AM
I was running around with an LMG as my primary weapon. For my secondary, I used whatever I felt like using at the time. Decoy worked well for when I was surrounded by multiple Elite+ mobs. Cloak did pretty well, too.

GrayGhost
03-25-2013, 03:31 AM
I wish I would have paid closer attention to what I was running or could download my build, but I ran with cloak, had the gunslinger perk for shooting from the hip and the one where there was bonus crit for mobs running towards you. I had a normal assault rifle (it was green, but only fired in 3 round bursts) with a secondary of a blue sawed off shotgun with some kind of viral or biological affect on it. I annihalated most everything...Even the elite and Ogre class mobs. I could 1 shot normal mobs with the shotgun and Elite/Ogres it was usually a 3 shot if I had to rely on it.

Drakeos99
03-28-2013, 05:40 AM
*bump* need more builds

DustOfDeath
03-28-2013, 05:55 AM
perks got minor effect.
I found the Saw LMG combined with ether the rapid grenade launcher (10 quite high damage grenades in a short time) or a combat shotgun (clip reload instead of slug by slug).

For elites a shotgun at close range provides knockback and tears them apart, not allowing them to fire back.

BlackTalons
03-28-2013, 06:09 AM
Blur + gunslinger + intimidation. It's like playing a TF2 scout on bonk and crit-a-cola at the same time.

hellrex
03-28-2013, 06:18 AM
i went cloak, 308 ego, i had dmg while cloaked increased, crit multiplier while croucched, reduce charge time on cloak, and more dmg if i am higher than others. i ran with a bolt action sniper and a military style assault rifle. i also used a frag grenade, was pretty fun, i had a 2nd loadout for pvp that was a sniper and a combat shotgun, was awesome lol, i lived awhile though, good range, and good dmg if they get close

lol good stuff man i did the same lol

ironhands
03-28-2013, 08:26 AM
Whats good build for heavy fire fights like heaps of mobs and able to take out elites/orge or named ... ?

Builds like (guns/grenades)

I'd say a sniper rifle, and an SMG. Sniper before you go in, and then an SMG once you're there for massive burst DPS. You'll drain your ammo really fast, so hopefully you'll be close to ammo crates.

Chuck Zitto
03-28-2013, 08:35 AM
The gernade launchers seemed a little op to me in both pve and pvp. However I ran with cloak and perks to boost cloak time and lessen the time before I could cloak again along with more damage shooting something from behind. Ran with an orange eletric pump shotgun I got out a lockbox that could 2 shot people in pvp or most mobs. Had a fully modded assult rifle for things not close enough to shotty. Shield with the 2.5 second delay helps alot.

Airwolf3169
03-28-2013, 08:39 AM
I went Cloak with Hunter's Stance (+ Crit dmg while crouched), Height Advantage (+dmg when higher then your enemy) and Shadowed Strike (+dmg While Cloaked) with sniper and shotgun. Simply murdered everything in my path. Was just EZmode.

Only difference I did was Infector Gun insatead of shotgun.

Harvester
03-28-2013, 08:42 AM
i ran with the SAW LMG frag grenade, and a pistol that had a 2-shot burst( cant remember the name but it did great damage) with overcharge as my ability, when i was getting low on my LMG ammo i would hit my overcharge to instantly reload, then when it ran out again i switched to my pistol. i had the buff where my non-equipped gun reloaded itself over time, extra health, the cascade explosion damage boost, and bloodlust. i came in top 3 of most arkfalls i did running tht setup and tore through the missions with ease. i will definatley be using the same build when the game releases

Kyria
03-28-2013, 08:53 AM
I enjoy Decoy and the defensive perks around it for soloing (Rear Guard, Detachment, Fortitude).

This is a favorite of mine! :)
For this I equip the SMG/Sniper combo + stun grenades + Respark shield.

Leathernek1
03-28-2013, 09:28 AM
I wish I would have paid closer attention to what I was running or could download my build, but I ran with cloak, had the gunslinger perk for shooting from the hip and the one where there was bonus crit for mobs running towards you. I had a normal assault rifle (it was green, but only fired in 3 round bursts) with a secondary of a blue sawed off shotgun with some kind of viral or biological affect on it. I annihalated most everything...Even the elite and Ogre class mobs. I could 1 shot normal mobs with the shotgun and Elite/Ogres it was usually a 3 shot if I had to rely on it.

Same here, except I used the semi-auto shotgun with the 15 round magazine. The build was great for solo and arks. The hip fire crit is great for shotgun that isn't a precision gun anyways.

Drakeos99
03-28-2013, 08:37 PM
So Sniper for range and assault rifle for close up ? (like hellbugs) ?

Ralph
03-28-2013, 08:50 PM
I rolled with Overcharge with a Frontier SAW for primary, rotated weapons for secondary though I almost never used them, and a pyro grenade. Loose a full box of primary, fire overcharge for an instant reload and damage boost, and roast them with a pyro for the perks associated with the explosives around overcharge. fantastic damage.

ANTI
03-28-2013, 09:06 PM
For pve I had a great time a high damage LMG with an extended mag (111 bullets per mag), Overcharge for instant reload and +damage, and a BMG to heal my shield if need be. The Preparedness perk was great which passively reloads ammo to your stowed weapon, so when I did have to stop to heal with the BMG my LMG mag would start refilling on its own. Plus if I ever ran out of ammo on my LMG, the BMG does not consume ammo (it can be recharged on its own indefinately) meaning I always had an offensive weapon other than melee. Happy Hunting.

Drakeos99
03-29-2013, 03:36 AM
Im also planning to PvP little bit for Outfits (like ones from Defiance videos clip)

KMKETZ3189
03-29-2013, 05:52 AM
here is the EGO build that i was using by the end of the beta. ( http://defiance-central.com/ego-calculator/?link=18c-27c-35c-36a-37c-45c-55c-&start=18 ) perks at 3 points is what i had equipped.

My primary weapon was a rare (purple) LMG that had syphon (purple swirl nano effect that steals HP) and a bolt sniper rifle. i prefer the VBI weapons myself but thats me. i also used a flashbang grenade to destablize and stun multiple and grouped enemies for tactical advantage.

Drakeos99
03-29-2013, 02:26 PM
So what would be good build around Overpower (im thinking of going machinist type) LMS/Assault or Veteran with Explosive type grenade

Drakeos99
03-31-2013, 09:58 PM
*bump* ^ post above just to confirm for tomorrow !!!!

Grimwyrd
03-31-2013, 10:57 PM
So what would be good build around Overpower (im thinking of going machinist type) LMS/Assault or Veteran with Explosive type grenade

Overcharge? I like Detonators (grenade launchers) and the explosion perks. "Matchlock Boomer" may be my favorite Detonators, because the grenades detonate on their own.

Senel
04-01-2013, 01:10 AM
A solo build is kinda almost everything. You'll just have to pick perks for your play style so you can solo effectively if you melee a lot you're gonna want all the perks that benefit meleeing, etc. However i don't get up close & personal unless i gotta reload,etc I believe decoy is very defensive based at least in the immediate area around that skill. So that's probably the best place to start off.

mikegonzalez2k
05-06-2013, 05:18 PM
This is the best OverCharge build in my opinion. It keeps OC up the longest, and allows reduces the CD to only about 9s if you kill enough small adds...

I recommend an radioactive AR or SMG primary with a radioactive pump shotgun for secondary.
Radioactive destroys shields quick and also eats through the toughest armor.

http://defiance-central.com/ego-calculator/?link=6c-7a-8c-18e-26a-27a-30a-35a-36c-40c-45a-50c-54c-55c-59a-60a-69a-78a-90c-100c-&start=18

theyeti
05-06-2013, 10:30 PM
Primary weapon: SMG/Assault Rifle (anything you want really)
Secondary weapon: anything

Shield: Respark regenerator (I always use a respark in pve, with a 2.55-3.0 recharge time you can lose and recharge your shields fast enough to have more effective HP than any other shield, plus with the perks you don't mind your shield breaking)

Grenade: Flashbang with lowest possible det time (also use a 0 det time pyro because some enemies will flee when lit on fire, effectivly doing the same thing as a flash plus an additional 1k damage)

Power : Decoy

perk1: Pumped up: Full reload refreshes ego power 15%
perk2: umm bullets falling on feet: 30% faster reload while standing still
perk3: Fortitude: +225 health
perk4: Thick skinned(?): 1/2 damage on shield break
perk5: Hunters stance: +9%crit damage while crouched
perk6: Insult to injury: +6% nano chance on crit hit
-------Defensive perks if you find yourself dying still---------
perk5: Decoy cooldown -9 seconds
perk6: Self revive Refresh +45% (I use this in boss fights, or when fighting darkmatter because they can sometimes down you megafast)

----------Other perks to switch out for style choice------------
Just reward(?): Critical kills +3% loot drop (this seems to make a huge difference, appears to be higher than 3%)
Timeout: full reload increases duration of active ego power (only used with small magazine weapons)
Intimidation: shaken?josseled? enemies take +75% damage (when I use a shotgun I take this perk over the standing still reload, y you melee an enemy and wait for them to kockback, then do 75% extra dmg)

This build makes soloing a joke. You can get shot by a ton of things and take a lot of damage. You also have decoy which draws all the enemy fire giving you ample time to kill a bunch of enemies. Used in conjunction with a low magazine weapon (or fast shooting smg) and making sure to always do full reloads, you can get your decoy back out in seconds. Honestly I have all the ego powers at rank 5, and enough perks to use them all effectivly, but decoy is by far the best for soloing, there is no comparison.

theyeti
05-06-2013, 10:35 PM
This is the best OverCharge build in my opinion. It keeps OC up the longest, and allows reduces the CD to only about 9s if you kill enough small adds...

I recommend an radioactive AR or SMG primary with a radioactive pump shotgun for secondary.
Radioactive destroys shields quick and also eats through the toughest armor.

http://defiance-central.com/ego-calculator/?link=6c-7a-8c-18e-26a-27a-30a-35a-36c-40c-45a-50c-54c-55c-59a-60a-69a-78a-90c-100c-&start=18

Here is a better overcharge build, I use a modified version of it but don't feel like looking for it http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?45224-Best-Original-PVE-Build-By-Xeritan-of-Clan-Deiphysity

SWFTWLF
05-07-2013, 12:21 AM
Blur and Decoy for Sniper/Pistol solo; Blur and Overcharge for Shotgun/Machine Gun/Melee solo.

Fire and Bio can ruin about everything's day; Electric is good on machine-based enemies but Fire SMGs and Shotguns can usually make up the difference.

Xazur
05-07-2013, 01:12 AM
The problem with Decoy power as it is right now.... is that its too easy to destroy since the mobs have like 90% accuracy. The moment you send it out it will probably be destroyed in 3 seconds. For solo build, I suggest using Cloak and sniper, with a smg/ar/lmg as a secondary, or even a pistol(Wolfhound) they drop enemies quickly with crit shots.

Gryphon
05-07-2013, 07:06 AM
I'm using:
Loadout #1 (this tears up just about anything when starting out at range)
Frontier Repeater (the green one from the vendor with baked-in +Crit & a +Crit barrel)
FRC Assault Carbine (with Incendiary & +Crit) **This is quickly becoming my favorite weapon**

Loadout #2 (this is my default mid range loadout, I roll with this and switch out to long range or tight quarters as needed)
FRC Assault Carbine (with Incendiary & +Crit)
Shotgun (started out with the one with the largest spread, but now that I can aim it in close quarters a bit better I switch it out for one with a tighter spread for better single target damage)

Loadout #3 (for tight quarters)
Wolfhound (with a scope, for precision mid range)
Shotgun (I'm a late bloomer with shotguns, I avoided them until recently, but nothing compares up close)

I use Cloak, with the perks to extend duration, reduce cooldown, +Damage while Cloaked, take 50% less damage for 3 seconds when shield breaks, and +Damage to incoming targets.

Saryk
05-07-2013, 07:35 AM

I like this also. I also have been in the top 5 last night on 5 Ark falls!

HuntGod
05-07-2013, 09:41 AM
Full defensive perks, armor, health regen, half damage w.o shields, etc.

A good LMG or AR backed up by a shotgun or sniper...

If you go with shotty, I like decoy or overcharge (the perk that recharges ego on reloads, is nice too) w/ the sniper I use cloak.

I never have issues with any instances in game and routinely finish top 3 in Arks if I am in at the beginning and top the chart in coops.

divot2001
05-07-2013, 10:52 AM
I've really gotten a lot of use out of the perk that reloads part of your clip for the stowed weapon on a kill.

That works great with a pistol and pump shotgun/LMG.

As long as you keep taking out the weaker mobs occassionally you almost never need to reload and you can just switch between whatever weapon is most suitable. It even works great with the BMG if you want to be a medic.

It also helps if both of the guns have the synergy for reloading 25% of stowed weapon on critical kill.

Whippersnapper
05-07-2013, 01:01 PM
I too have been looking for an anti-swarm weapon combo and have tried several weapon combinations.

SMG/Sniper Rifle- SMG doesnt have as much range as an LMG or AR. This means targets have to be closer and I get swarmed faster :( The Sniper rifle works ok for me for 2-3 enemies, but then they start swarming, and I cant hit them at range with the SMG

Sniper/Shotgun- Again, must wait til they're within Shotgun range or must close in. High dmg shotguns are 2 shot reloaders, and the others just don't do enough dmg. Sometimes ill unload a sawed off SG clip on a 99er type mob and they're still standing.

Sniper/AR- Yes ARs work well for me. However, even with this they will swarm when its 10-15+ enemies. In Saint Quentin with the Lawkeeper for example. I died various times before I was able to clear mobs out. I ended up switching to rockets in some instances to go into pray and spray mode.

LMG/Whatever- Yes an LMG is great! Sometimes I use an 80 Mag SAW. It veers to the right, but the huge clip is a difference maker. The reload is a killer though. Ive tried LMG/AR and its ok, but even then, I still get swarmed. Although, not as much. The LMG runs into ammo shortages unless I get lucky on ammo drops. Especially on LMG/AR combo.

Perks Regardless of what I pick, I don't think anything would make much of a difference. My issue is the swarming. What I need is a way to root enemies in place. Maybe the flash or Bio-nades (poop shoes) work a little, but I need something that's more constant.

Maybe guns with similar effects that had a high trigger percentage? This way I could slow them down giving me time to kill before they swarmed?

HuntGod
05-07-2013, 03:24 PM
I don't know that you are going to find a combo that allows that. Sniper works well for the first 3-4 bad guys, then you have to swap to something mobile, like AR/LMG/SMG and utilize cover to take them down.

Which really is how it should be. Having a decent shield and regen make the duck and cover a lot easier.

There are RL's that will do a biosplooge on everything, but I think they are still broken.

xoxid
05-07-2013, 04:25 PM
cloack+saw+sawed off shotty (Twin explosion of 2k+ dmg)
I went trough the game like if it was set on a "very very easy" difficulty

Sarin
05-07-2013, 09:42 PM
[PvE Solo - Tank build]

Full defensive perks along with +%crit when crouched.

Power: Overcharge
Weapons:
1: FRC SAW (Syphon or Fire) with %effect chance, damage, bloom modifiers and no scope (1st person annoys me with autos)
2: Wolfhound pistol, with +falloff, reload, bloom modifiers and a +accuracy scope.

SAW gives huge constant DPS with decent accuracy and the Wolfhound with ~350DMG (can't recall) and a whopping x4.5 crit absolutely destroys heavy units (E.G Monachs become easier than archers).

Grenade: Basic frag nade 0.8 det time, very high damage, can drop a group very quickly while I focus on larger targets
Shield: Can't recall the name, low cap, 40% regen, 3sec speed +50% HP regen.

I pretty much use this build for grinding and PvE events like Co-op and Arkfalls. Other than that I use a sniper/assassin build for fun and PvP. (call me a shotgun noob if you like, I'll still be winning. :P )

Nala
05-08-2013, 10:10 AM
Today I've tested a sawed-off shotgun, and it's a hell of fun :D The Perks I use are:

Cloak, Pumped up, Shadows Core, Shadowed Strike, Gunslinger and the Skill above Pumped up.

You deal 30% on top with each shot +you can stay longer in cloak-mode + when cloak ends you just fire 3 or 4 shots and you can cloak again :)
Second weapon is a saw, but i seldom use it on humanoid mobs in this build.
Next Perk to add is going to be Execution i think.

Happy Slayin' :D

Rudal
05-08-2013, 01:04 PM
I use Cloak heavily.

Assault Rifle + Bolt Action Sniper Rifle
Rhino III Shield + Pyrocharge Grenade

EGO - Cloak
Perks
- Shadowed Strike
- Shadow's Core
- Infiltrator
- Hunter's Stance
- Killing Spree

I'm just EGO 841 so I have to wait a bit to use more perks ;)

Increased damage when cloaked and crit while crouching, rest of the perks to increase cloak duration and extend duration on kill plus faster refresh and I can snipe all night :)

I die sometimes but only when I'm drunk or careless.
Shorter CD on Cloak lets me at least evacuate if I get into real trouble.

Lindrei
05-08-2013, 01:21 PM
I use Cloak heavily.

Assault Rifle + Bolt Action Sniper Rifle
Rhino III Shield + Pyrocharge Grenade

EGO - Cloak
Perks
- Shadowed Strike
- Shadow's Core
- Infiltrator
- Hunter's Stance
- Killing Spree

I'm just EGO 841 so I have to wait a bit to use more perks ;)

Increased damage when cloaked and crit while crouching, rest of the perks to increase cloak duration and extend duration on kill plus faster refresh and I can snipe all night :)

I die sometimes but only when I'm drunk or careless.
Shorter CD on Cloak lets me at least evacuate if I get into real trouble.
You might want to think about getting the perk that gives you 3% of your total ammo for crit kills(it looks like a skull exhaling ammo), it works wonders for sniping for long periods.

Rudal
05-08-2013, 02:01 PM
You might want to think about getting the perk that gives you 3% of your total ammo for crit kills(it looks like a skull exhaling ammo), it works wonders for sniping for long periods.

hmm... Have to think about it. I was actually wondering where to go next and started to move up towards Decoy and Overcharge.

thats what I got so far

http://imageshack.us/a/img7/7052/egoie.jpg

krokz
05-08-2013, 05:02 PM

I pretty much play this build in PvP a hell of a lot.
(Youtube channel if your interested in checking out some of my PvP stuff - http://www.youtube.com/user/andycrocker13)

but i was also looking for something different in PvE, Started using SMG (+Fire) and cant decide on a 2nd weapon... any idea's.