PDA

View Full Version : Very little value in killing wandering mutants unless they drop something

mikepaul
03-24-2013, 10:20 PM
Mutants that just wander around seem to just count as kills, but your weapon gains no experience toward the next level. Why is this?

If I kill mutants in some rescue mission or whatever, I see XP come my way. I'm not sure it's XP or damage inflicted that the weapon gains. I found a Humvee (or whatever the hatchback vehicles of which mutants pop out are called) that, with some priming, delivers 3 or 4 mutants every 15-20 seconds. I kill them, they drop various things including some decent equipment. And when I kill them with a given weapon type, when I hit the right number of kills I see I'm closer to finishing something. However, when I look at that weapon, which only killed those mutants, there is no progress toward the next level. Still 0/720000 or whatever.

Sure, I get stuff for my effort, but I want to farm the weapon level as well. Is this a bug or intentional? If intentional, WHY?...

Syxx
03-25-2013, 07:41 AM
If this is true lets hope it gets changed in final. There really is no reason to have it that way.

nothingman97
03-25-2013, 07:49 AM
Running over mutants is always fun...XP or no.

TopGun
03-25-2013, 07:54 AM
Well for 1, this is a BETA!!!!! Everything is limited, it's like you're expecting to have everything unlocked at BETA!!!!!

Pinkdragon
03-25-2013, 07:58 AM
Mutants that just wander around seem to just count as kills, but your weapon gains no experience toward the next level. Why is this?

If I kill mutants in some rescue mission or whatever, I see XP come my way. I'm not sure it's XP or damage inflicted that the weapon gains. I found a Humvee (or whatever the hatchback vehicles of which mutants pop out are called) that, with some priming, delivers 3 or 4 mutants every 15-20 seconds. I kill them, they drop various things including some decent equipment. And when I kill them with a given weapon type, when I hit the right number of kills I see I'm closer to finishing something. However, when I look at that weapon, which only killed those mutants, there is no progress toward the next level. Still 0/720000 or whatever.

Sure, I get stuff for my effort, but I want to farm the weapon level as well. Is this a bug or intentional? If intentional, WHY?...

You are playing a beta not a demo and this build is nearly 3 months old. The retail version is quite stable and has been made quite rewarding.

DogMeat
03-25-2013, 07:59 AM
Well for 1, this is a BETA!!!!! Everything is limited, it's like you're expecting to have everything unlocked at BETA!!!!!
And the reason for beta's is to give feedback on the game to make it better.

Syxx
03-25-2013, 08:04 AM

Ya its a Beta.. which is the reason people are discussing problems and things they don't like. This person posts a constructive thread discussing something that other people may not have noticed and all people post is "ITS A BETA" Stop wasting forum space posting these stupid replies. Obviously its a beta and obviously people should be posting problems they are noticing with the game.

By telling people "Its a Beta" on the Defiance BETA forums you're just making yourself look like an idiot.

Intamasica
03-25-2013, 08:16 AM
As it is with arkfalls, in the beta they have made things appear a lot more often to give players an idea of what gameplay will be like. It is more than likely that loot will appear a lot more all over the world in the final game.

Munx
03-25-2013, 08:29 AM
after 250 Ego, you'll want to kill mutants for contracts tbh.

Nervusbreakdown
03-25-2013, 08:34 AM
There a perk that drop items at 2%

Intamasica
03-25-2013, 08:39 AM
There a perk that drop items at 2%

Think it goes up to 4/5% when fully upgraded.

nightmarecrows
03-25-2013, 08:39 AM
Your doing it for the greater good.

armedpoop
03-25-2013, 08:45 AM
Ya its a Beta.. which is the reason people are discussing problems and things they don't like. This person posts a constructive thread discussing something that other people may not have noticed and all people post is "ITS A BETA" Stop wasting forum space posting these stupid replies. Obviously its a beta and obviously people should be posting problems they are noticing with the game.

By telling people "Its a Beta" on the Defiance BETA forums you're just making yourself look like an idiot.

Quoted in my sig.

Intamasica
03-25-2013, 09:18 AM
Quoted in my sig.

I thought this was the forum for defiance in general.......?

Topics are just focussed on the beta seeing as that's what's going on currently.