PDA

View Full Version : Something for 5Ks

Wtflag
06-19-2013, 05:46 PM
I have been noticing quite a few fellow 5000 ego players recently.

At the risk of looking like an entitled ganchi, I flooring this suggestion:
1. All exp rewards are converted to ark salvage at 10:1 ratio.
2. All items give better more (10%-50%) salvage at higher ego (1000-5000)

For example, Arkfalls give 7500 exp which is meaningless to a capped player. So instead he gets a bonus 750 ark salvage. I think that is a very small tiny bonus given that certain arkfall bosses already drops 4 stacks of 750 ark salvage.

As for the item salvage value, its tiered so scraping a 1000 to 1999 level weapon will give 10% more ark salvage to 40% for 4000 to 4999 level and 50% for 5000 level.

The reason for these suggestions is that at 5K ego, there is really not much else to do except keycode grinding to get the perfect weapon. And at this moment, the disadvantages of high ego is pretty harsh (few people to trade with, massive modding costs). So to keep these players engaged, more needs to be done.

I personally think these are baby steps to providing a bit of bonus that is moderate and balanced to people who worked for them. It does not give any game breaking advantage to high levels from what I can see.

Shada Mori
06-19-2013, 05:50 PM
I'm not 5k and am in no hurry to get there since... well basically everything you just wrote. But +1 to this. Sounds like a good way to handle the level cap to me.

/signed.

Wtflag
06-19-2013, 06:42 PM
I'm not 5k and am in no hurry to get there since... well basically everything you just wrote. But +1 to this. Sounds like a good way to handle the level cap to me.

/signed.

Thanks.

Also to clarify, these bonuses don't just work for 5K ego players.

The weapon salvage bonus is tiered and the exp to ark salvage works as long as you hit the exp cap, which you often do well before actually hitting 5K ego level.

Billy Guile
06-19-2013, 06:44 PM
i don't play this game to "level up", "grind" or do any of that typical "i play mmo's to beat them" stuff. but your suggestion is a great idea to keep folks around.

a2thelee
06-19-2013, 06:59 PM
Seems like reasonable bonuses. Not asking for anything too ridiculous like some other posts I've seen. You have my support :D

Will Trion implement a good suggestion, though? Probably not. :(

Jack Johnson
06-19-2013, 07:09 PM
Sounds reasonable to me.

Nyako
06-19-2013, 07:44 PM
i don't play this game to "level up", "grind" or do any of that typical "i play mmo's to beat them" stuff. but your suggestion is a great idea to keep folks around.

I'll second that part about playing MMO's to beat them. I'd also say yeah I agree with the original poster too, but shouldn't this have been done in the Suggestions forum area and not in General Discussion?

JBoneFX
06-19-2013, 08:29 PM
I'm @4420 but yeah this sounds like a reasonable request to keep it going w/o raids