PDA

View Full Version : So I just maxed out a weapon on a matron (in an arkfall)

JxSiN
06-19-2013, 07:24 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it on my screen. I rush to the arkfall because I saw it late and they were about to start the matron. I didn't switch to my arkfall loadout (which has fully maxed out weapons, the weapon xp and the skill level) because matrons usually go down fast and I wanted to get some shots in. Anyway, I was using a blaster and an autolobber (the autolobber was only a few thousand dmg away from mastery). I ran out of bullets with the blaster, so I start hitting the matron with the auto-lobber. Right before it dies, I see the message pop up of the auto-lobber has been maxed out.

I thought maybe it was just a glitched message, so after the reward screen, I check my auto-lobber, and there is the mastery bonus and a full xp bar. The only thing I hit with the lobber was the matron.

I haven't used any non-maxed weapons in an arkfall in a long time. Did they change it to where you can get weapon xp? I couldn't check the blaster since I was not sure where it was xp-wise before. So was this a fluke?

If it isn't a fluke or if they didn't change it to where arkfalls give weapon xp, the only other possible explanation for this is that: The ark fall bosses actually give weapon xp. To me, this is the most logical answer seeing how once you defeat it, it is the only thing that gives you xp for the kill (not talking about the xp from the ark fall either. If you notice when you kill the boss, the xp amount pops over their head and is added to your bar THEN xp from the arkfall hits after the reward screen).

Can anyone back this up or just tell me I'm not crazy?

Mowazzy
06-19-2013, 07:25 PM
I've had this happen but thought I was crazy, or that I killed a none AF enemy during the AF

Iceberg
06-19-2013, 07:27 PM
When you kill the matron or the progenitor you get 10k xp for the kill, they are the only ones you get xp for in major ark falls.

here is a good thread on the mechanics:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?55828-Arkfalls-and-weapon-XP

Hiero Glyph
06-19-2013, 07:30 PM
AFAIK, Scrapper Progenitors and Matrons both give weapon experience. I have not done any extensive testing on this but have had weapons level up during both major arkfall types. Still, it looks like the weapon experience is reserved for the bosses only as they are the only ones that give any experience, although I'm not sure if the Symbiote or Hellion do or not.

EDIT: Based on the link provided above, it looks like only the Progenitor and Matron give weapon experience.

JxSiN
06-19-2013, 07:39 PM
OK, thanks guys. It's been a really long time since I used a non-maxed skill, non-mastered weapon at any arkfall (even the minors that do give out xp). It just caught me off-guard, so I wasn't sure. Thanks for the link BTW also

Wtflag
06-19-2013, 09:18 PM
AFAIK, Scrapper Progenitors and Matrons both give weapon experience. I have not done any extensive testing on this but have had weapons level up during both major arkfall types. Still, it looks like the weapon experience is reserved for the bosses only as they are the only ones that give any experience, although I'm not sure if the Symbiote or Hellion do or not.

EDIT: Based on the link provided above, it looks like only the Progenitor and Matron give weapon experience.

^ this is correct