PDA

View Full Version : Killing Hulkers

Shadow Viper
06-19-2013, 10:30 PM
What's the most effective tactic?

dominad
06-19-2013, 10:34 PM
Bio nade to slow them down at final part or get up high if you can.
High damage gun fast fire rate or detonator really whatever you enjoy!

PurePlayinSerb
06-19-2013, 10:35 PM
shoot it in the face

Shadow Viper
06-19-2013, 10:36 PM
shoot it in the face

Helpful constructive replies only please.

dominad
06-19-2013, 10:39 PM

That part does go without saying more damage hitting it in the head then later in the chest but when he goes down in the middle of the expoed brain before he puts his skull back. Just get to high ground if possible or find an obstruction and shoot dodge back to other side. Have a quick recharge shield on and use defensive perks if his attacks give you grief.

dude26212
06-19-2013, 10:40 PM
well obviously shoot the red when hes running about, and the brain when hes bent over. i always wondered if there was a specific spot to shoot to make it quicker like somehow hitting the bomb in his hand or something like that

Ensu
06-19-2013, 10:41 PM
Bullet in the brain pan. Squish!

Myst
06-19-2013, 10:43 PM
Stabbing it in the leg, the moment it goes down climb on it's arm with your twin blades that are attached to your arm via chains. Stab it all the way up on it's arm and then wrap the blades around it's neck. TAKE OFF YOUR SHIRT ( most important step I can't stress this enough! ) and then start shooting it in the back of it's neck. You have to get a good 35 degree angle on it for full effect, it should go down in a few shots :3.

Wtflag
06-19-2013, 10:44 PM
Advance missile launchers.

Gets them fast everytime.

And also gets me into a slient rage every time, at the a-holes who only showed up after I cleared my way though, and decided to waste all that weapon XP. Well I can only wish upon them what they did to me when it is time for them to try leveling up their own weapons.

As for non-San Quentio hulkers. FRC SAW in the face is most effective. Actually it is most effective for almost every situation.

Billy Guile
06-19-2013, 11:07 PM
i use a lot of cover and from as much high ground as i can find. since i'm not a master gamer, i rely more on the traditional sense of patience to get it done.

Shadow Viper
06-19-2013, 11:27 PM
Stabbing it in the leg, the moment it goes down climb on it's arm with your twin blades that are attached to your arm via chains. Stab it all the way up on it's arm and then wrap the blades around it's neck. TAKE OFF YOUR SHIRT ( most important step I can't stress this enough! ) and then start shooting it in the back of it's neck. You have to get a good 35 degree angle on it for full effect, it should go down in a few shots :3.

Please refrain from making troll posts, thank you

Sdric
06-20-2013, 12:21 AM
Canker burst into the face.
Swap to FRC Saw.
Renew Canker stacks..

Kard
06-20-2013, 02:28 AM
You know, shooting it in the ganchi actually does extra damage? I tried it after watching Nolan punch that one Bioman in the buttcheek. Works on mutant Biomen too.

Izualix
06-20-2013, 02:31 AM
I run circles around them using sprint and rolling to stay just out of reach of ground pullverize punch thingummy he does but close enough so he doesn't throw bombs at me (works pretty well for me but took practice to get it just right. Oh hiding behind trees is good too/ Wolfhound to the brain seems to have some kind of effect Haha...

Maledict
06-20-2013, 03:32 AM
1 Use any Weapon you like
2 Fire it while walking back when its close roll
2a Punches wont kill you instantly
2b Neither will rocket, just ignore this attack
3 Repeat until he charges
4 Stand behind literally anything if its charging you if you can not roll out the way. It will hit anything and bounce off it as long as you yourself cant walk through it.
Do not use an ammo box if you cant see where he is coming from.

Assasino
06-20-2013, 04:52 AM
I usually just use a SAW and blast the them
Have 2 in my loadout with preparedness Perk and overload as Power
And also use cluster grenades

Colif
06-20-2013, 04:55 AM

I will have to try this method one day. Just need the blades to be released first.

I find standing on rocks he can't get on works well too. Nothing in this game climbs so if you above them and close enough to avoid ranged, you should be fine. BMG annoys them if you use it on their running around stage.

Thearl
06-20-2013, 06:54 AM
There are two common Hulker spawns that happen near common weapons shipment emergencies. The Reaper works really well on them. The trick is to place yourself slightly oblique to an object (crate, cacti, vehicle) so the hulker charge stalls out before it hits you.

However, hulkers are the best thing outside of sieges to level up weapons, so use anything you prefer on them.

shadowkin
06-20-2013, 07:35 AM
I run circles around them using sprint and rolling to stay just out of reach of ground pullverize punch thingummy he does but close enough so he doesn't throw bombs at me (works pretty well for me but took practice to get it just right. Oh hiding behind trees is good too/ Wolfhound to the brain seems to have some kind of effect Haha...

Same lol blur with pumped up, just run in circles xD. super effective.

Nyako
06-20-2013, 07:57 AM
If you do the hulkers at san quinton then you will want to save the rocket launchers that are the advanced weapons in the area until the hulker appears. Use them on it and it takes like 2 to 5 shots from those advanced weapons to kill it. I did the weekly of 10 hulkers in about 30 mins or so, not exactly sure how long it was.

The world boss hulker one that appears at random spots in world, he's another matter. Generally attacking it anywhere that is flesh helps until itturns red with anger. Then aim for the heart and you get crit damage then done. Once he kneels down exhausted, shoot his brain area. That does decent crit damage as well.

For the world boss hulker, if I'm soloing it or going for damage in group situations, I use a SMG (namely the votan pulser or emc/vbi smg) or a decently fast firing assault rifle. If I'm a healer in the group situation for him, then BMG and SMG when you can.

wrappy
06-20-2013, 08:33 AM
if you're farming the hulker in sausalito it's best to get on top of the buildings that look like chichen itza(pyramids) and like someone else said aim for the red spots and the brain when exposed.

Ryme
06-20-2013, 09:36 AM
Shoot them in the head or the groin/***.
Roll when they attack.
That's about it; easier to kill than Monarchs.

Nyako
06-20-2013, 09:49 AM
Shoot them in the head or the groin/***.
Roll when they attack.
That's about it; easier to kill than Monarchs.

Monarchs are darn easy. When they rear up shoot the yellow area with a SMG (Votan or EMC/VBI) or Assault rifle (Votan Mazu, VBI AR) and get as many rounds in as you can as fast as you can. This stops their move where they do the straight line distant attack.

Then they will cower down and raise up there rear portion area and have someone shoot it, while you keep just enough bullets on them to maintain threat on you as you are backing up. Then the monarch will stand up run towards you a few steps and rear up again. Shoot the same yellow area again, and she'll be back down on the ground yet again... just keep repeating until she's dead.

Easy.

Ryme
06-20-2013, 10:06 AM
Monarchs are darn easy. When they rear up shoot the yellow area with a SMG (Votan or EMC/VBI) or Assault rifle (Votan Mazu, VBI AR) and get as many rounds in as you can as fast as you can. This stops their move where they do the straight line distant attack.

Then they will cower down and raise up there rear portion area and have someone shoot it, while you keep just enough bullets on them to maintain threat on you as you are backing up. Then the monarch will stand up run towards you a few steps and rear up again. Shoot the same yellow area again, and she'll be back down on the ground yet again... just keep repeating until she's dead.

Easy.

Yeah, and you don't even have to wait or look for a weak spot on Hulkers, even easier than Monarchs.

defiant
06-20-2013, 10:51 AM
Yea max dmg, max criticals, just use an Lmg and something else with the preparedness perk and you'll make short work of him, that and don't get hit. Or haul a mini gun from another emergency, lmao or a rocket, etc

Bored Peon
06-20-2013, 01:51 PM
shoot it in the face

It was a helpful suggestion. They take more damage there than other parts of the body.

If your going to insult people after asking for help, maybe you should not ask for help.

Zydrate
06-20-2013, 02:05 PM

They... weren't entirely wrong.

I haven't faced one without the two scenarios happening:
Having several "free" and respawning special weapons nearby.
Or having several other people in the area firing at it.

I imagine I just... get out of its way and wait for its brain to be exposed.

X64
06-20-2013, 04:53 PM
Give him his steroids so he stops charging you. :P

WhiteCell
06-20-2013, 10:08 PM
What's the most effective tactic?

strafe in a circle and repeatedly dodge. It's exactly how you succeed in everything else in the game.

K Ron Spliffs
06-20-2013, 10:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0310Nmb_P30#at=109

1:40 in the video is a hulker.