PDA

View Full Version : needs more MMO put into it

xEnt
03-24-2013, 11:12 PM
after playing the beta heres a few of my concerns.

1. the chat window? is it just me or was that buggy, who the hell only wants to see 1 line of chat, it should be setup like rift/wow etc so people actually talk, people hardly talked. maybe even a zone chat or something.

2. horrible UI. simple as that, one of the worst looking inventory screens & general UI navigation i have ever played (worst than PC skyrim) and this is obviously because its setup for consoles. they could have spent a little time making a cube MMO-style inventory with icons for PC, instead of the scrolling list type of view, so horrible!

3. the perks & bonuses seem far too weak, its like someone with 1 rating could actually kill someone with 1500, which IMO is a bit stupid as in ANY mmo a level 1 can't kill a max level, or come even close to it. no extra health or stats, skills being so weak, it seems everything comes down to the weapons and even then that's not too far apart from each other.

4. crafting, very basic & weak right now, theres needs to be mining, fishing, scavaging & proper crafting skills, even if only a little bit right now theres like nothing.

5. you can't tell the difference between a weak monster and a strong one. no type of indicator to say your walking into a place you can't handle. in RIft etc you have levels where you can clearly see if your going to get smashed by a monster, in this a beginner can make their way into any zone and have no idea how strong some of them actually are?

now don't get me wrong, i love this game and will play it no matter what, i just really feel its lacking MMO-side of things and right now there is not enough to do. they have got all the hard stuff done already (the action/FPS side of it is absolutely fantastic (coming from a hardcore FPS player) and the land/vehicles is really nice too, getting vehicle racing + FPS + MMO into one is a dream.. and all thats needed from here is to polish up the MMO side more.

Komakala
03-24-2013, 11:28 PM
1. I agree chat needs some work.
2. UI isn't optimal but I don't see it changing any time soon.
3. From the beginning they have been saying that this is a skill based shooter. Things don't scale to crazy amounts because they want level 10s to play with level 5000s and not be curbstomped every time they show their face. I believe one of their marketing lines is "It is a shooter first"
4. There does need to be some changes, I'm not sure what direction, but I think a full blown crafting system typical to mmos would be a little out of place in this game.
5. I don't really have too much of a response, it was kind of trial and error but I learned fast where to avoid going alone. I also learned quick how to duck and run if I got in over my head.

Personally I'm glad they have the shooter aspects down, seeing as this is a living game I am willing to cut them some slack on the mmo side, MMOs typically start small and grow over time. And I think that we'll see some more mmo type themes emerge but right now they are pushing for launch and don't have time to implement massive changes before release. I would prefer to have a fairly smooth launch, as far as MMOs go, and then see additional content added after they have the initial server structure up to code. I'm sure they are taking notes on the various complaints, and several of your points are widespread complaints.

Iceflier
03-24-2013, 11:47 PM
1. Well, I had played the beta on 360, No one used the chat box much sense the typing is very slow and time consuming. So that's where we split.
2. The UI isn't bad in my opinion, maybe a little clunky. But you played on PC, so there's a split again.
3. Look, I see your the competitive type, even if your not, I must point out. When you play WoW and your a level 45 against a 80. Your going to get twisted, curb stomped and messed up. Trion doesn't want the level 5's to be curb stomped into the mud, they want everyone to have an equal chance and make it to where it comes to SKILL. Then I might as well point out the fact that the perks are not weak, they are just small adjustments to give you a fighting edge. They don't want to be like Blizzard in the 3.3.5a patch where a hunter got 50k hp and could one-shot a 25k hp pala.
4. A full out crafting system like Guild Wars 2 or WoW is a little out of place for console, as I've seen, there's in fact TOO much gear in console and not enough slots.
5. I don't either have much input for this other than labeling zone's that are kind of like Guild Wars 2. But look, I just ran in guns blazing, I didn't care about my deaths, All I did care was my level of fun. I'll admit I broke a 360 controller on Friday when I got it because of the buggyness I had, but on Saturday and today, My lord, Most fun I had sense quick scoping in modern warfare 2.

My entire experience with the game has been nice, no problems except for lag issues that came via xbox, it's '09 for peesh sakes. Then there was some minor loading bugs and such, but this game has potential and it also has my kind of versatility. If I want to snipe I switch loadout, if I want to run in guns blazing not a care in the wind, I grab my LMG and smg side arm and run in! Finally if I wanna be a medic, I pull out my BMG and walk up be like "Puhleeze I'll heal ya, Oh you down? revive son!"

Alerno
03-25-2013, 01:01 AM
1. Chat window was useless and it seemed almost no one used it. It's too hectic to stop and start chatting, but adjustable window size would be a benefit.
2. UI was bad. But it can be lived with. What most annoyed me was the extra confirming and then again confirming things. Make it simple and remove the extra "yes, I want to do thing X".
3. It is meant to be so that a EGO level 1 and EGO level 4000 can play together and as has been stated out it is based on skill. But there were health bonuses (+250 health, what ever that means) and some of the abilities can do a great deal of effect, depending on your choises and skill.
4. There was no crafting. Dismantling and putting scopes on things is not crafting. A crafting/salvaging system would have been great and would have interested a larger audience. But it's way too late for that. Too bad the previous testers have not pushed enough this to the devs. The choises they could have made are almost unlimited, but it is yet another thing this game falls short with :/
5. I liked that there were no indicators how tough the opponent was, except it's visible weapons and size. It gave a element to the game that worked well with the no level system.

The game as it is now is just a 3rd person FPS shooter in science fiction world. Sure it could be labeled as MMOFPS, but without a things you can do in groups or to help others the MMO part will be a bit weak. A droppable ammo packs and boosts and medkits could have been an easy choise to make.

Kisala
03-25-2013, 02:37 AM
Glad to finally see a constructive thread with people pleasantly sharing their beta experience with each other. Keep it up ^^

Iceflier
03-25-2013, 02:43 AM
1. Chat window was useless and it seemed almost no one used it. It's too hectic to stop and start chatting, but adjustable window size would be a benefit.
2. UI was bad. But it can be lived with. What most annoyed me was the extra confirming and then again confirming things. Make it simple and remove the extra "yes, I want to do thing X".
3. It is meant to be so that a EGO level 1 and EGO level 4000 can play together and as has been stated out it is based on skill. But there were health bonuses (+250 health, what ever that means) and some of the abilities can do a great deal of effect, depending on your choises and skill.
4. There was no crafting. Dismantling and putting scopes on things is not crafting. A crafting/salvaging system would have been great and would have interested a larger audience. But it's way too late for that. Too bad the previous testers have not pushed enough this to the devs. The choises they could have made are almost unlimited, but it is yet another thing this game falls short with :/
5. I liked that there were no indicators how tough the opponent was, except it's visible weapons and size. It gave a element to the game that worked well with the no level system.

The game as it is now is just a 3rd person FPS shooter in science fiction world. Sure it could be labeled as MMOFPS, but without a things you can do in groups or to help others the MMO part will be a bit weak. A droppable ammo packs and boosts and medkits could have been an easy choise to make.

If you played on console beta, you had two months less code than PC. May be why it was a bad experience.